Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Video of Nightblade SOLOING VR Spindleclutch dungeon

• BulbousMeathead
    BulbousMeathead
    ✭✭✭
    So, you want to nerf NB now ? Haha - I've seen it all now !
    Poor NB took about 100 years just to clear the first group of Thralls ...
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did I say templars are OP? And where did I say I think NBs should be *nerfed*?
    NBs needs buffs, but also fixes like this.

I play a VR 10 templar, and they are fine IMO. I also have a level 27 DK and 32 NB alt.

But Templars are stronger than people think, which is why I made a thread helping templars out with my PvP/PvE Templar build. (You should check it out, it got quite big and you probably already seen it since you are stalking my posts).

The funny part is that you are trying to cover the fact that Nightblades currently can do this in 1.1 patch...
    Edited by monkeymystic on 22 May 2014 20:24
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaxom wrote: »
    This thread....hahahaha. I also hear if you post everything in bold, your point gets through better.

When we see Nightblades do this in Craiglorn you will ask for a fix, believe me :)
    Unless you play a nightblade yourself ofc.

I do play a NB, however, I'm not specced into this set up, nor will I. I saw a video of a NB soloing a VR Dungeon over 4 hours. Yeah, no thanks. The amount of gear a NB will get by clearing just the first boss is negligible compared to the time it takes a group to clear it 4 fold. I don't have 4 hours to spend clearing a dungeon solo at a mind numbingly slow pace.
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread....hahahaha. I also hear if you post everything in bold, your point gets through better.

When we see Nightblades do this in Craiglorn you will ask for a fix, believe me :)

I do play a NB, however, I'm not specced into this set up, nor will I. I saw a video of a NB soloing a VR Dungeon over 4 hours. Yeah, no thanks. The amount of gear a NB will get by clearing just the first boss is negligible compared to the time it takes a group to clear it 4 fold. I don't have 4 hours to spend clearing a dungeon solo at a mind numbingly slow pace.

So you are saying it's 100% fine that nightblades can stealth tank like this?
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭

So you are saying it's 100% fine that nightblades can stealth tank like this?

I'm saying it's a clever use of the mechanics. It's by no means an exploit since the mechanics are working as they designed them but I cannot come up with a solution as to how to fix this. You can't have them leash completely since then a group of NB's could just stealth run through a dungeon to each boss and clear it ridiculously fast. You can't have them still attack you in stealth since, you know, that defeats the purpose of the skill. Unless you can think of a way to fix it, I'm at a loss.

I do think that it's dumb they just stand there like idiots with a full group. I do think they should agro change instantaneously when a NB goes into stealth, but when solo, there isn't a way to change it I can think of.
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    This isn't broken, it's just a clever use of mechanics as noted above. Any class could probably do something like this if they put the right combos together and spent enough time on it.

Quit whining for other classes to be nerfed people. Nightblades suck right now, we need fixes to broken abilities not further nerfing.

DK is super OP right now but you don't see me out there calling for them to be crippled (I may point out that they are unbalanced, and that the latest patch is more in their favor than not, but I've not asked for them to be nerfed to oblivion).

So please stop asking for our already broken and weak class to be made worse FFS.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Two Nightblades commenting in a row saying:
    "It's fine guyz! It's just clever use of mechanics making those mobs stand there doing nothing while the NB kills them. Don't nerf, it requires lots of skill u guyz!"
    Edited by monkeymystic on 22 May 2014 21:48
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...Two Nightblades commenting in a row saying "It's fine guyz! It's just clever use of mechanics making those mobs stand there doing nothing while the NB kills them. Don't nerf, it requires lots of skill u guyz!"

OK vamp Dragonkight…

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mykah wrote: »

Lol you think NB can dps better than sorc?
    Heal better than templar?

yes, because my NB is doing it
    sorcs loose agro to me
    if im dps in dungeon and templars are healing people die every fight. if im healing noone dies unless they stupendously refuse to get out of aoes meanwhile dpsing aswell where templar does not, just heal.

And god that fight in the movie is so *** boring ...

Edited by Bhakura on 22 May 2014 21:51
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Two Nightblades commenting in a row saying "It's fine guyz! It's just clever use of mechanics making those mobs stand there doing nothing while the NB kills them. Don't nerf, it requires lots of skill u guyz!"

OK vamp Dragonkight…

...Can no longer do it with the 1.1 nerfs...

Besides, I play a Templar.

I don't really see how anyone can argue this is clearly not intended unless they want to use this method themselves.
    Edited by monkeymystic on 22 May 2014 21:50
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to use this method myself. It seems like a total waste of time.

The only reason for a Nightblade to do something like this is because our class is so broken we get booted out of groups for dungeon runs and are forced to do them solo if we want to do them at all.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Napkins
    Napkins
    uh oh a class other than DK solo'd a dungeon. Better bust out the nerf bat before ppl throw a fit.
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only reason for a Nightblade to do something like this is because our class is so broken we get booted out of groups for dungeon runs and are forced to do them solo if we want to do them at all.

LOL

First of all, I know several VR 10 NB's in my guild that is faceroll, just TRY to give some effort into your build atleast, even if your NB buffs are coming in 1.2.

Secondly, you can't seriously say it's FAIR for your NB class to cheat and solo 4 man dungeons with no skill involved at all because you can't get groups since you have a mediocre build? Join a good guild and get a proper build then until more NB buffs arrive.

I love having NBs in my group, and they do good damage because my guildie NBs know what they are doing and give great synergies.

If it was extremely hard doing this, that would be something else, but it's not.

It's extremely easy to do, and requires zero skill, any NB can do it.

A way of making mobs/bosses just stand there doing absolutely nothing while you hit them is not intended..
    Edited by monkeymystic on 22 May 2014 22:01
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭

LOL

First of all, I know several VR 10 NB's in my guild that is faceroll, just TRY to give some effort into your build atleast, even if your NB buffs are coming in 1.2.

Secondly, you can't seriously say it's FAIR for your NB class to cheat and solo 4 man dungeons with no skill involved at all because you can't get groups since you have a mediocre build? Join a good guild and get a proper build then until more NB buffs arrive.

I love having NBs in my group, and they do good damage because my guildie NBs know what they are doing and give great synergies.

If it was extremely hard doing this, that would be something else, but it's not.

A way of making mobs/bosses just stand there doing absolutely nothing while you hit them is not intended..

First of all I never said I had issues, just that some people do. My VR7 Nightblade is doing just fine even if the class is broken. The groups I have personally been in have been happy to have me and have told me that I'm one of the best DPS they've grouped with in this game. But I know some people have this issue, and many people are making snap judgements based on the class icon in the groups window that have nothing to do with a particular player's build and/or skill.

Have you tried playing a Nightblade in vet ranks? Also, as I pointed out in an earlier post, any class could probably pull this off if they tried. And a DK could do it without trying.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL

First of all I never said I had issues, just that some people do. My VR7 Nightblade is doing just fine even if the class is broken. The groups I have personally been in have been happy to have me and have told me that I'm one of the best DPS they've grouped with in this game. But I know some people have this issue, and many people are making snap judgements based on the class icon in the groups window that have nothing to do with a particular player's build and/or skill.

Have you tried playing a Nightblade in vet ranks? Also, as I pointed out in an earlier post, any class could probably pull this off if they tried. And a DK could do it without trying.

lol contradict much?
    How can you be "fine", "one of the best DPS the group ever had" and "completely broken" at the same time? :P

We both agree that Nightblades needs fixes first of all, and then some buffs to get them up there with the rest (buffs are for those NBs not knowing how to make a good build currently).

But the solution is not to let NB's cheat and solo dungeons like you suggest lol.

DK's can't do it after the 1.1 nerf to elemental drain (making them get infinite magicka), impulse etc. Please read up on it if you don't even know how the mechanics worked before and after the patch.
    Edited by monkeymystic on 22 May 2014 22:35
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    How can you be "fine", "one of the best DPS the group ever had" and "completely broken" at the same time? :P

Because I've avoided the broken skills and learned to play within the box I have been given by the class as it is now. There is no contradiction in the class being broken and some players being personally competent with the broken class.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • RastSekyd
    RastSekyd
    ✭✭
    I don't see anything wrong with this. It's not really a bug or an exploit. When you use Shadow Cloak you vanish. The enemy doesn't see you anymore, and thus stops using their ability. They often finish AoE attacks, but that's about it.

I'd also like to note that that's a VETERAN RANK 10 Nightblade using a lot of purple gear. And it still took him nearly 2 hours to do the whole thing solo. That's also before the 1.2 patch. You're linking a video of a prepatch VR10 Nightblade and crying about how it can solo while your POST PATCH DK can't solo. On literally the same day the new patch came out.

Point in case: This Nightblade managed to solo a veteran dungeon and took a long time to do it. He did it without infinite mana, a large AoE root and the ability to regain his ult at a stupidly fast rate. If he did it, you can to. Or are you so reliant on having infinite resources that you've forgotten how to manage them?
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades can still solo stuff in Craglorn by abusing this bug.
    It needs to be fixed!
    Edited by monkeymystic on 27 May 2014 12:04
  • Regoras
    Regoras
    ✭✭✭
    LMAO, watching you have a public melt down has become the highlight of my morning.
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO, watching you have a public melt down has become the highlight of my morning.

I just saw a Nightblade do this ingame, in Craglorn.
    You seriously think it's "fine" because you play a Nightblade and exploit it yourself?

It's not fine, and should be fixed quick.
  • Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You seriously think it's "fine" because you play a Nightblade and exploit it yourself?

Do what?

Solo a dungeon in 4 hours?

Impressive.
  • Axewaffle
    Axewaffle
    ✭✭✭
    Despite the fact that the OP is obviously some sort of troll based on how many of these threads I've seen by him, I agree with him. One of the more broken and exploitable abilities at the moment in PvE is Nightblade stealth as far as tanking goes, not only does it give you all the SR and Armor you ever need to the point where you can pretty much tank in light armor, it also makes you immune to damage (not in the traditional sense but in the sense that it interupts NPC animations and turns them catatonic)

However I also agree that because there is no clear way of making this ability function how it should that a rush fix is probably a poor idea. You cant have the stealth drop threat because then it becomes abusable in an entirely different maner (think of groups of nothing but nightblades split up constantly cycling through stealth as the boss constantly shifts agro). So while I concur with the OP, despite his approach of spam and indirect trolling, I believe a fix wont be imediate, and I also believe the nightblade needs a few ability fixes before this gets fixed, the ability constantly malfunctions and is hardly the most reliable thing at the best of times, among countless other class flaws.

For the record, I play a nightblade.
    Edited by Axewaffle on 27 May 2014 12:11
  • Regoras
    Regoras
    ✭✭✭

No I play a DK now because easy mode FTW.
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess you couldn't make a good build like the Nightblades in my guild have.
    That says something I guess.
  • Regoras
    Regoras
    ✭✭✭

LOL, might want to find a better grasp of English before trying to insult people. It works just a weeeeee bit better that way sparky.
  • zeuseason
    zeuseason
    ✭✭✭
    LOL seriously?! This is a *decked the f- out* nightblade V10 versus v2 mobs and stat capped killing things insanely slow. Nothing to see here, please move along......
  • Axewaffle
    Axewaffle
    ✭✭✭

Trolling and derogatory comments aside. Do you have any ideas to fix the current state of in combat stealth mechanics. Making the stealth drop threat will create even more exploitable issues, giving NPC mobs invisibility detection will rob the nightblade of their one and only escape skill that many non tanks rely on.

The nature of this game and its insistence on having no cooldowns creates a whole new issue with balancing. See Mages Blink.

• AinGeal
    AinGeal
    ✭✭✭
    Your post is painfully biased and unjust. A V10 character In almost all epic gear (legendary weapon) + food buff + elderscroll buffs + prepatches that would make this unlikely to work now, was able to solo V2 mobs and a V5 boss. Something a DK could do in less time and more easily (the NB almost died a few times).

Try this combination on for size...

Argonian (+healing received)
    Heavy Armor (+Armor and Magic Resist, +healing received)
    DK (+Armor and Magic Resist, +healing received)
    Resto Staff

I've soloed group content at my own level.

Volatile Armor, Coagulating Blood, and Rapid Regeneration. Keep Armor and regen up, use blood when needed, and spam auto attack while within melee.

Using greens that I have out leveled because I use mob drops and quest rewards. No food buffs. No elderscroll buffs. No soft caps at all. Continuing to do even after all the patches.
  • Regoras
    Regoras
    ✭✭✭
    AinGeal wrote: »
    Your post is painfully biased and unjust. A V10 character In almost all epic gear (legendary weapon) + food buff + elderscroll buffs + prepatches that would make this unlikely to work now, was able to solo V2 mobs and a V5 boss. Something a DK could do in less time and more easily (the NB almost died a few times).

Try this combination on for size...

Argonian (+healing received)
    Heavy Armor (+Armor and Magic Resist, +healing received)
    DK (+Armor and Magic Resist, +healing received)
    Resto Staff

I've soloed group content at my own level.

Volatile Armor, Coagulating Blood, and Rapid Regeneration. Keep Armor and regen up, use blood when needed, and spam auto attack while within melee.

Using greens that I have out leveled because I use mob drops and quest rewards. No food buffs. No elderscroll buffs. No soft caps at all. Continuing to do even after all the patches.

Thanks for the build advice lol. Gunna try it when I get home.
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they want to spend 4 hours clearing a dungeon then I say let them. It looks awful boring and offers no incentive versus grouping up. Also Craiglorn cant be soloed you need 12 players to stand on pedestals to progress to the next boss.