Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

To the anti-Youtube crowd - share those builds!

malicia
malicia
✭✭✭✭
There's been a few anti-Alcast threads lately, or people complaining about other people blindly following Alcast. I get that you don't like being a sheep, and that's good for you. But pretty please, won't you share your builds? Discuss them, tell us what their strengths are, what their weaknesses are, why you like them, and how you got to them. Some of us are terrible at putting together builds, and reading through those builds is really interesting and gives us a glimpse into the confusing realm of TheoryCrafting.

Sure, this is a forum. You'll get admirers, detractors, flamers and praisers. But giving us alternatives might just be a better way of achieving your goal, which ultimately seems to be to encourage more build and playstyle diversity.

[edited title]
Edited by ZOS_JesC on 20 December 2018 22:40
PC, EU
Not elite, not the best. Just enjoying ESO.
Not the worst either. "Casual" != "totally ignorant"
@taciti
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet Mag Sorc, solo PvE going for DPS:

5 x light armor + 2 x heavy monster

My (buffed) stats:
    Magicka: ~40k
    Health: ~18k
    Stamina: ~10k
    Spell damage: ~4k+ (with procs active)
    Crit: ~65%

That gives me a hardened ward of around ~9k with base ~14k spell resistance and ~12k physical resistance.
    I have Boundless Storm in my rotation so add that to my base resistances.

Sets are:
    5 x Netch's Touch
    5 x Spider Cultist
    2 x Infernal Guardian

I use heavy attacks for sustain and the Clannfear for a 10k burst heal. I have to recast shields a *lot* which is why i'm running Infernal Guardian for the monster set, it procs on shield casts and does decent damage, i actually like the fact that the mortars target the furthest enemies, makes dealing with Adds a lot easier. (And all 3 mortars will go for the boss if there are no Adds)

My CP is basically all into buffing my AOE, critical, regen and heavy attacks plus some into basic resistances.

It's a niche build and as such probably not very useful to many since i came up with it to fit my preferred play-style and most people these days seem to want to adjust their play-style to fit some BiS setup instead.

TL:DR
    Pet Mag Sorc running Spider Cultist, Netch's Touch and Infernal Guarding for solo PvE

bye1.gif
    Options
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wear 5pc Robes of Not Giving and 5pc back bar resto Armor of a Single Fog. Inferno of No kidding front bar.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
    Options
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wear a bucket on my head and have a broom for my front bar. Pulling about 900 dps on mudcrabs.
    Options
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast is primarily a DPS, his entering in the realm of support has bothered me since his Healer (and Tank) builds are awful for my group/guild set-up, however his DPS builds are perfect for new players, returning players and even old players (But, they should always try to improve upon the build, like any build they see in an MMO). Do remember that Alcast's builds are designed for the group he usually runs with. Don't ridicule him for setting up his build for the way he does.

I am a Healer, I run an Argonian Magicka Nightblade currently as Templar doesn't have things in its kit which I want and Warden is a healer I still need to flesh out (I've had this Nightblade for a long time).

I currently run 5/5 Spellpower Cure and 5/5 Bright-Throat's Boast. I've avoided Worm's Raiment since the Damage Dealers I usually run with are a blend between Stamina and Magicka, Worm's Raiment doesn't offer any support to stamina classes. For my head and shoulder I usually either run The Troll Kings....I know you're laughing, but Earthgore is very situational and due to my HoTs, my Damage Dealers which I run with rarely fall below 70% to even proc it.

On my Restoration Staff Bar I run...
    Rapid Regeneration - Mutagen rarely ever procs due to that comment above.
    Harness Magicka - This can be easily swapped out for anything, but this is primarily for self-survivability.
    Healing Springs - A must have.
    Shrewd Offering - Which seems to operate as a better Breath of Life at the cost of a DoT applied on you which can be easily ignored or can be purged (if I recall correctly).
    Energy Orb - Better than shards if you ask me.
    ULT: Reviving Barrier/Aggressive Warhorn - This all depends on what is needed most or what the tank is running. My friend who tanks usually runs Aggressive Warhorn, so I tend to run Reviving Barrier myself...Unless, we need to rotate Barriers or Warhorns.

On my Lightning Staff Bar (Which is use to proc Off-Balance to increase damage) I run...
    Funnel Health - Does a fair yet laughable bit of damage while applying yet another HoT.
    Refreshing Path - Gives Major Expedition and serves as almost an additional healing springs.
    Blockade of Storms - For Off-Balance.
    Sap Essence (Good for trash or close boss counters) or Entropy [I personally prefer Structured].
    Elemental Drain or Effecient Purge - This all depends on the group since the Minor Magicksteal is more important. The Major Breach for Spell Resistance is useless since the Tank will most likely be using Pierce Armor.
    ULT: Soul Harvest - I don't actually use this skill, but I have it slotted so that I may gain ultimate when helping with annoying add from mechanics or trash. (Yields 10 Ult per kill) This can be easily replaced for something else.

I disagree with Alcast's support builds solely because like other "Healer" builds, they seem very "locked in place" when being a healer or tank is all about adjusting to your team's needs unless their needs are unrealistic (Healers shouldn't sacrifice all their healing or support for damage). You're welcome to disagree with my build as well, as my build has been set up to cater to specifically my group's needs and this is an important thing to note for any build out there. You must learn how that build will coincide with the builds of your groupmates and adjust accordingly (And yes, I do have a 5/5 Worm's Raiment chilling in my inventory just in case).
    Edited by Claudman on 20 December 2018 18:29
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wear a bucket on my head and have a broom for my front bar. Pulling about 900 dps on mudcrabs.

I have a character that runs with just the bucket and broom, both of which i upgraded to legendary.

I probably get double your dps ...
    w00t.gif

PS: Now i wonder if you can transmute them?
    idea.gif

Edited by SirAndy on 20 December 2018 18:28
    Options
  • DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Pet Mag Sorc, solo PvE going for DPS:

5 x light armor + 2 x heavy monster

My (buffed) stats:
    Magicka: ~40k
    Health: ~18k
    Stamina: ~10k
    Spell damage: ~4k+ (with procs active)
    Crit: ~65%

That gives me a hardened ward of around ~9k with base ~14k spell resistance and ~12k physical resistance.
    I have Boundless Storm in my rotation so add that to my base resistances.

Sets are:
    5 x Netch's Touch
    5 x Spider Cultist
    2 x Infernal Guardian

I use heavy attacks for sustain and the Clannfear for a 10k burst heal. I have to recast shields a *lot* which is why i'm running Infernal Guardian for the monster set, it procs on shield casts and does decent damage, i actually like the fact that the mortars target the furthest enemies, makes dealing with Adds a lot easier. (And all 3 mortars will go for the boss if there are no Adds)

My CP is basically all into buffing my AOE, critical, regen and heavy attacks plus some into basic resistances.

It's a niche build and as such probably not very useful to many since i came up with it to fit my preferred play-style and most people these days seem to want to adjust their play-style to fit some BiS setup instead.

TL:DR
    Pet Mag Sorc running Spider Cultist, Netch's Touch and Infernal Guarding for solo PvE

bye1.gif

share your add-ons tho pls :*
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger
    Options
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a poison dk that (will) wear thurvokun, leeching plate, and swamp raider for BGs. On paper it sounds good for the flag and chaosball games.

My main wears necro, ilambris, and julianos, tho i want him to get IA to replace juli. For another build for him, i want maw of the infernal so i can have four pets (matriarch, familiar, storm atro, and daedroth). Obviously its probably not a great build, but it sounds fun to me.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
    Options
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run
    5x Alcast
    5x Gilliam
    2x Deltia - Helm enchantment Tea and Shoulder - Bag

All in none of your dam business

Front Bar
    Dual Daggers of Kiss my Arse

Back bar
    Bow of Lick my Walnuts

Enchantments all Salt

This Build will get you thru the My Build is better then Streamers crowd.
    Edited by jazsper77 on 20 December 2018 18:52
    Options
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sithis' Touch.
    Oblivion's Edge.
    Vykosa.
    PS5 EU.
    Options
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    I run
    5x Alcast
    5x Gilliam
    2x Deltia

All in none of your dam business

Front Bar
    Dual Daggers of Kiss my Arse

Back bar
    Bow of Lick my Walnuts

Enchantments all Salt

This Build will get you thru the My Build is better then Streamers crowd.

Bro 2x Deltia is old meta o.O
    Options
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I forgot to add the enchantments for the Deltia . Helm- Tea and Shoulder- bag.
    New Meta
    Options
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenor.gif
    A highly advanced multi-utilitarian build:
    1x Engine Guardian.
    1x Any monster shoulder that gives health.
    5x Beekeeper (OP Invigorating trait).
    5x Willow's Path.
    Double bar frost staves.
    All jewelry infused with health regen glyphs.
    Heal? Check. Tank? Check. DPS? Ehh. CHECK.

I call it... the I-Don't-Give-A-*** build v5.3
    1529808658082.gif
    Edited by Aebaradath on 20 December 2018 19:21
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    One thing that is missing here is something to prove the build is worthy.
    You would have to find a way to define what "worthy" actually means and get everyone to agree on that definition.
    Good luck with that.

For my Sorc build i posted above, which is a solo PvE build, my idea of "worthy" for it is pretty simple:
    I can confidently solo vMA and most group dungeons on vet with it

That's all i need to make it "worthy" ...
    bye1.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on 20 December 2018 19:14
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would have to find a way to define what "worthy" actually means and get everyone to agree on that definition.
    Good luck with that.

For my Sorc build i posted above, which is a solo PvE build, my idea of "worthy" for it is pretty simple:
    I can confidently solo vMA and most group dungeons on vet with it

That's all i need to make it "worthy" ...
    bye1.gif

For those who are comparing to Alcast PvE builds they would need to be able to compare to what he pulls in trials. Very simple.

Some have commented on people using Alcasts builds and claim they pull 50k with their own build but it is just empty words.
    Others knock Alcast but that is all they do which does seem rather foolish. Seems they are just complaining because they are not pleased some players help others with information to improve.
    Options
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Worthy"........

I detest elitism in all of it's forms especially faux Tryhard gamer elitism.

My guild has done and seen everything ESO has to offer (Sans the pathetic PVP game which should have never been included) This game wasn't created for expatriated Burning Crusade cronies.

It's a super casual game, that is more or less Skyrim with Friends. Any chest thumping done here should be done ironically.

latest?cb=20170509214217

Edited by Rain_Greyraven on 20 December 2018 19:33
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
    Options
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    malicia wrote: »
    please, won't you share your builds? Discuss them, tell us what their strengths are, what their weaknesses are, why you like them, and how you got to them.

Yes, please.

PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who are comparing to Alcast PvE builds they would need to be able to compare to what he pulls in trials.
    Very simple.
    I'm not that familiar with Alcast's builds, so his PvE builds are for trials only?
    In that case, mine won't compare as i use it for solo play.

I have to have a decent self-heal slotted and there is nobody else around for buffs or debuffs besides me.
    shades.gif

PS: I have pugged some trials with it, but that was just running with guild mates for the fun of it

Edited by SirAndy on 20 December 2018 19:37
    Options
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can never remember what the heck I put on a character. I do a little checking on what people say may or may not be good, but only use that as a starting point.

I can tell you that a drunken zombie bosmer with pigtails is just about bis for hilarious game play.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
    Options
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idgaf about what ppl rage, will keep borrowing ideas from anyone i want to
    Edited by rafaelcsmaia on 20 December 2018 19:39
    Options
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I run Firespitter :P

At the end of the day, people adjust builds for the situation they are using it. Other peoples builds, like alcasts for example, are always a good guideline. And they work perfectly fine. Well, for the place they are made for.
    I was gone from ESO for a little over 3 years. Basically had an outdated setup on my DK. First thing I did was hitting up Alcast about what is the best -snip- to have these days. And it helped a great deal.

I dont understand why there would even be rage torwards these builds people made. They help new players, returnees and in some cases even the most tryhard to get a different perspective.
    Alot of people appreciate it. Even if I myself rather test and find things for myself like back in the day. But you can always look at what others do. You may find improvements.
    If you dont care at all for builds or general be the best efficient possible. Then there is no reason to get riled up by other builds in the first place.
    And dont forget. Running the best build does not automatically make you the best player. There is a little more to that.
    Edited by xMovingTarget on 20 December 2018 19:54
    Options
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    5 Brass, 5 7th. 2 Sellestrix or 2 Bloodspawn

Stam DK. Not great damage, but good survival...enough for tanking most Vet dungeons, and decent for PVP/solo stuff.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
    Options
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Alcast shares his ideas...And its an awesome player to ESO community... People just dont spend time learning by its own experience. Its not his fault...
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
    Options
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SirAndy

Your build is what I use in vma
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
    Options
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what we're yelling about!!!!

Sorry for not posting the actual gif.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been running my favorite Mag warden PVP build to date this patch.

5x Plague Doctor (jewelry and flame staff restro staff)
    5x Spinners (Body)
    1x Veli
    1x Domi

Sits at around 32K mag and 35k health in Cyrodil, 37k with the toughness proc(10k stam with witchmothers, not the best but the health pool and the healing makes up for it a bit ). It's a max penetration build so I have 50 points into spell erosion.

Right now I run shatter soul as my offensive ult, but perma works. I intend to actually run Dawnbreaker for the stun though. Just need to unlock it.

Resistances get up to 20k with the major buffs. Spell damage gets up to 3K with passives and enchant proc.

With the max Pen, it pretty much melts through all armor types. And with 35K health, it's extremely tanky and the shields are strong.

Options
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag sorc BG pvp build: Note, im not anti alcast

5pc spinners, 5pc shacklebreaker, master inferno, vma resto or infused ice staff back bar.

front bar: curse, frags, ward, wrath, reach, meteor

back bar resto: boundless, deep thoughts, streak, mutagen, surge, storm atro.

back bar ice staff: boundless, deep thoughts/weakness to elements, streak, wall of elements, surge, storm atro

all gear impen and tri stat, shock damage front bar, beserker, absorb mag, hardening back bar - dealers choice.

AR 25 all through BGs with this build. Some of you may have faced me.

Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My mag blade build is similar/based on the Alcast one.

Front:
    Merciless, crippling, impale, shock, inner light - ultimate building NB finisher (can’t recall the name)

Back bar is pretty much the same as alcast except I slot damaging path there.

5x mother’s sorrow, 5x Siroria, Asylum weapon front bar, no monster set.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    PRX and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • malicia
    malicia
    ✭✭✭✭

Thus far I enjoy looking at the builds posted. And you don't need to prove that a build is worthy if you say what you like about it. Many of us are playing the game to have fun, and a sub-optimal build in terms of DPS can be more fun to play than the BiS DPS builds.

I'm currently using Shackle, Bahraha's Curse and Thurvokun on my magplar for PvP. I'm not going to win duels, but personally I love a melee playstyle, and it is so much fun to use Explosive Charge into a group, followed by Puncturing Sweep. I'm less squishy than I expected, and I'm enjoying painting the battlefield green. The melee DPS around me is generally pretty happy, as I heal them, slow the enemy and debuff the enemy. I'm sure there are better builds out there, but for now I'm enjoying this one. The biggest drawbacks are that Bahraha's area is so small, and my damage is very little.
    PC, EU
    Not elite, not the best. Just enjoying ESO.
    Not the worst either. "Casual" != "totally ignorant"
    @taciti
    Options
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Petsorc: not niche, but not Alcast either
    5x necropotence
    5x infallible aether (front bar lightning staff)
    One heavy attack/rotation
    Backbar maelstrom lightning (both staves infused, one shock , one fire) Could double bar infall and only lose 1-2k dps.
    Iceheart monster set 1 heavy, 1 medium for undaunted passive
    50k magicka 18.4k health.
    Putting points in bastion can increase iceheart shield over 50% health cap. Not that you really need it.
    43.5k parse
    I find that infallible aether and sororia produce about the same numbers (probably due to having to front bar it). But no movement restriction with infall.
    And if you slot power surge it takes a lot to die.
    A bit more damage using llambris but only about 1.5k, and you are a bit more vulnerable.
    If you dont have access to infallible aether, the Elegant set also works pretty well and you only lose a couple K dps.
    Edited by carlos424 on 20 December 2018 20:21
    Options
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if I should contribute to this thread or not, because I really don't do "builds." I create characters and work within the limitations of the game to try and realize that creative vision as closely as I can while still having something that works for the content I like to do. If the character doesn't have a good persona and a storyline to play through, it doesn't matter if it's a "good build" on paper, I get bored with it and delete it.

But here's an example, I guess, of the weird things people like me who focus on role-play end up coming up with:
    Shiver Claw (her original name - that I couldn't give her because it was taken, so it's actually something else)
    A cruel, cold-hearted khajiit born under the Thief who uses cold and soul siphoning to demoralize foes
    Preferred Weapons: Twin daggers (ice enchanted) and an ice staff (ice enchanted)
    Preferred Armor: Light/Medium

Key Active Skills: Concealed Weapon, Shadowy Disguise, Manifestation of Terror, Swallow Soul, Sap Essence, Inevitable Detonation, Impale, Elemental Blockade, Elemental Ring, Harness Magicka
    Ultimates: Elemental Storm, Soul Tether, Soul Assault
    Other Skills: Dark Brotherhood (all skills), Thieves Guild (all skills), Legerdemain (all skills)

Monster Set: Iceheart (head, shoulders)
    Medium Armor Set: Stygian (weapons, chest, legs, and necklace)
    Light Armor Set: Shadow Dancer (rings, gloves, waist, boots)

It's not a "build' I would recommend, but she's fun. I created her to have a character to take through the Dark Brotherhood storyline, and from there she also became an excellent thief. As what folks would call a "magblade" she can basically stay in cloak indefinitely in cities, and stygian gives her a bit of extra stamina to help with sneaking. I've also run her with Shadow Walker instead of Stygian, which is also pretty fun.
    Options