The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server maintenance times

• Ati2ude
    Ati2ude
    Soul Shriven
    ok so 12 hours is alittle harsh but hopefully everything is better after we can play again.
    Options
  • Wylerayb14_ESO
    T3CHN01221 wrote: »
    Zaeros wrote: »
    all the Downtime Defenders be like
    tumblr_lhke4hA3Vp1qhbs3to1_400.jpg

If you sleep are you really a downtime defender? Thats the question.

Exactly, dedecation to the cause B)

I've been waiting since 1pm my time, will be waiting 'til 2am at least then no sleep until i drop hahaha
    Every time I'm finished reading a page of this forum there's a new page ready. They are entertaining too. I want into DD as well. Love the idea and the design.
    Also I was playing and got kicked off around one as well :(

Options
  • arrogantferret
    MaxBat wrote: »
    F8VuQ.gif

Okay ... now I'm creeped out ...

:D you're welcome. that's a specialty of mine.
    Options
  • Silver_Thorn
    I just hope that my two-day bow research is still progressing during the outage...
    Options
  • T3CHN01221
    T3CHN01221
    ✭✭

I've been waiting since 1pm my time, will be waiting 'til 2am at least then no sleep until i drop hahaha
    Every time I'm finished reading a page of this forum there's a new page ready. They are entertaining too. I want into DD as well. Love the idea and the design.

It's honestly the best forum i've been in haha
    Options
  • Dirigible
    Dirigible
    ✭✭
    Ok, I'm pretty understanding of maintenance. Especially emergency maintenance. But this is getting a bit ridiculous. My good humor and willingness to browse forum posts is bordering on annoyance at a downtime that lasts over 12 hours during pre-release.

Annoyance will soon become outright frustration. We need an ETA and some information on why this downtime is taking so long. We pay your salary, please deliver to keep the masses at bay if there is some reason that it should take over 10 hours to install a patch and repair some broken code.
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    actually @Zos_jessicaFolsom another one for you to chase up ;) has the Elemental Guardians actually ahh... been put back to their ENGLISH voice recordings on the English Localization.. I mean don't get me wrong german is a great language but I'm playing in english and they spoke english durring beta :)

We have enlisted the Mages Guild to help teach the Elemental Guardians English. These things take time, but they're fast learners.

(This will be fixed in the next content patch.)
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on April 2, 2014 4:39PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Phabiusbile
    Phabiusbile
    ✭✭
    Rosebloome wrote: »
    LFG Banished Cells, need 1 DPS, 1 HEALS, 1 TANK and 1 server ;)

Don't need all that. D: You can easily do it without dedicated classes, except for maybe a healer. :P

Did it with 3 Nightblades and a Templar who died at the beginning of the last guy still killed him though
    Options
  • Lustrati
    Lustrati
    Z0MBiEjaw wrote: »
    So - and let me just wrap my mind around this - so you have literally taken over half a day to resolve an issue you haven't even revealed to the community, and you guys think it's super cool that what could potentially be over TWELVE HOURS of my early access period is just wrecked? You're killing me.

I think this "good games have bad launches" precedent is just the bee's knees right now, but you guys communicate like a crippled divorced couple who still live together despite the court-mandated restraining order. Jesus Christ.

ahh yeah they did explain obviously you didn't bother reading..
    Last night a few North American users reported inventory-related issues with their character account, such as seeing additional inventory items appear, or seeing items that were not earned through gameplay. We've identified and fixed the problem, but the issue necessitated some downtime overnight for the North American megaserver. This problem has not manifested on the European server, so it continues to run as normal. The fix will be implemented as soon as all required pre-testing is complete this morning.

We were already planning to push a new game build to both servers this morning, and we will continue to work towards this. Stay tuned for complete patch note shortly. In addition to this aforementioned priority fix, we are also working quickly to restore our 'send in-game mail' functionality, some content blocking fixes that are preventing some users from finishing quests, and a few other tweaks. Our goal is to have all of these fixes initiated later this morning, eastern US time.

We will update this post as soon as we have an exact timeline for the service to be restored.
    (no i've not gone to bed yet :P )

Let me just clarify again that I was up for EIGHT HOURS ON THESE FORUMS WAITING ON A RESPONSE WHILE THEY DID NOTHING AND SAID NOTHING AND OFFERED NOTHING. Forgive me if I didn't come back eager to crawl through the well over 40 pages of new posts to locate something resembling an answer to the big, mysterious question of "what the hell is going on?" Also, stop being *** because I'm irritated about something that really should have been communicated and confirmed a long time ago. Thanks.

soo maybe check the Offical News and Discussions forum where their is a pinned thread called ESO NORTH AMERICAN MEGASERVER DOWNTIME - 4/1 TO 4/2 it's not that hard to do a check.

Getting real sick of your condescending ***. Once again, why would I check Official News when for eight hours they had done nothing but copy+pasta'd the same "update?" Ima need you to put the fanboying on hold a take a moment to not be a supershitty human being and just *think.* Done with you, enjoy.

Like I said, we know exactly what was happening from the start when servers went down, "Server down for maintenance"

Seriously, calm down. Most of us have been here for hours and we paid for early access too just like you. only difference is that I would rather have a laugh at this forum thread for 12 hours than get angry
    Options
  • trinta
    trinta
    ✭✭✭
    esoCampfire.png

This Lion Guard NPC didn't seem pleased that I was showing him up with my mad cooking skillz at his own cooking fire.
    Every time someone swears, it gets replaced with three asterisks. There's only one three-letter swear word that I know of. I read that in the place of every set of three asterisks. It makes for some amusing sentences.
    Options
  • T3CHN01221
    T3CHN01221
    ✭✭
    Dirigible wrote: »
    Ok, I'm pretty understanding of maintenance. Especially emergency maintenance. But this is getting a bit ridiculous. My good humor and willingness to browse forum posts is bordering on annoyance at a downtime that lasts over 12 hours during pre-release.

Annoyance will soon become outright frustration. We need an ETA and some information on why this downtime is taking so long. We pay your salary, please deliver to keep the masses at bay if there is some reason that it should take over 10 hours to install a patch and repair some broken code.

Seriously? This has been discussed multiple times by different people. At 12, Jessica said an ETA of 1-2 hours. Read back a few pages :) (By few i mean possibly like 20 lol)
    Options
  • Shadowreborn
    I just hope that my two-day bow research is still progressing during the outage...

They have posted already that it is :D
    Options
  • LoLEProps
    LoLEProps
    Who spilled coffee on the servers?
    Options
  • gustasonmichaelub17_ESO
    Anyone else just sad they chose to research the 6hr traits before the servers went down?
    /sadface
    "Our race has not been strained for all these ages through that sieve of dangers that we call Natural Selection, to sit down, in the tedium of safety.
    The bourgeois is too much cottoned about for any zest in living; he sits in his parlour out of reach of any danger, often out of reach of any vicissitude but one of health-- and there he yawns."
    -Robert Louis Stevenson
    Options
  • arrogantferret
    i'm not usually a trollish type of person or the type of person to enjoy schadenfreude, but the intensity of sincere butthurt some of you guys are experiencing dude to giving a *** about other people in this thread giving you sarcastic or know-it-all or otherwise assholish replies to your comments is just breath-taking. just ignore them, why even dignify it with a pissed off response? unless you are just feeding into it so we can reach 100 pages before we're back up. in that case, carry on, i guess.
    Options
  • Ati2ude
    Ati2ude
    Soul Shriven
    lol sad when we are happy about getting an error message
    Options
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Laviothane wrote: »
    Real talent --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhBoR_tgXCI

[dub fx live street performance]

Seen him live twice,

The first time I had to go to the hospital cause I danced so hard my leg/ankle swelled up cause of a bad cut I had on my leg at the time.

Options
  • Lustrati
    Lustrati
    i'm not usually a trollish type of person or the type of person to enjoy schadenfreude, but the intensity of sincere butthurt some of you guys are experiencing dude to giving a *** about other people in this thread giving you sarcastic or know-it-all or otherwise assholish replies to your comments is just breath-taking. just ignore them, why even dignify it with a pissed off response? unless you are just feeding into it so we can reach 100 pages before we're back up. in that case, carry on, i guess.

lmao that last part made me spit coffee everywhere
    Options
  • Zaggolf
    Zaggolf
    ✭✭✭
    here is hoping on the 2 hour mark >:)
    Fanboy's don't keep a game running! GAMER'S DO!!!
    Options
  • frederickvanbenthemeb17_ESO
    is our guild gona be like exclusively for members from this thread or are we just recruiting anyone who wants to join?
    Options
  • SuperJChat
    SuperJChat
    ✭✭✭

Send me a message with your User ID and I'll add you to the list
    if you have already sent Zaeros or Faked a message then we have you no worries ;P
    Options
  • Wylerayb14_ESO
    trinta wrote: »
    esoCampfire.png

This Lion Guard NPC didn't seem pleased that I was showing him up with my mad cooking skillz at his own cooking fire.

Fantastic
    Options
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    You know, I just had a thought. Wouldn't it be great - and a nice touch of customer service - if Jessica came back and said:

"Look, we had to do some work on the servers. They're fixed now. Thanks for your patience. And, because you've been so cool through the wait . . . have an extra day of free time."

How cool would that be. Then the only people with anything to complain about would be the terminally ill.
    Edited by MaxBat on April 2, 2014 4:44PM
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
    Options
  • Dirigible
    Dirigible
    ✭✭
    Seriously? This has been discussed multiple times by different people. At 12, Jessica said an ETA of 1-2 hours. Read back a few pages :) (By few i mean possibly like 20 lol)

I've been reading the updates the entire time. By ETA what I mean is, it has been long enough now that you should know more specifically than "A few hours, maybe a couple". I'm referring to an actual ETA as in "The servers will be back online at 1:00 EDT"

As in a professional ETA not a "guestimate". As I said, 12 hours is too long and its time to wrap this up now before it becomes something I'm actually quite annoyed with vs. starting to feel edgy about.
    Options
  • jonal11_ESO
    jonal11_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Server Hamsters On Strike! (SHOS)
    Options
  • LoLEProps
    LoLEProps
    Lustrati wrote: »

lmao that last part made me spit coffee everywhere

I think we're going to make it well beyone the 100 page mark. These servers aren't coming up anytime soon, regardless of what's being released.
    Options
  • Kadigan
    Kadigan
    ✭✭✭
    I have important stuff to do, but I'll keep checking back until we reach 100 posts (fingers crossed)
    Daggerfall Covenant: Fork-Stealer, Argonian Dragonknight
    Aldmeri Dominion: Kadigan, Bosmer Nightblade
    Let's be civil, shall we?
    Options
  • ill_tactics42013b14_ESO
    come on guys page 82 we can brake 100 :)
    Options