The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Two Years of ESO PvP - Rylana's comments for ZOS

• skillastat
    skillastat
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been a while since performance in Cyrodiil was actually good.

In the meantime while you are working on this, PVP Arenas would bandaid the problem temporarily in my pure honest opinion.

Apart from being super-fun and generating revenues for ZOS, of course.
    (PC NA)
    -Saulo Stamina Sorcerer
    -skillastat Stamina Nightblade
    -a blade spirit Stamina Templar
    -Ultima Online I Magicka Dragonknight
    -'Solo DC* Stamina Sorcerer
    -'Ultima Online Stamina Dragonknight
    -Nerd Dk Tank Dragonknight
    -Solochi Magicka Sorcerer
    -Solo Lucci Magicka Nightblade
    -Sølomon Magicka Warden

*All characters are EP, except for one DC.

French Canadian!
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    We have discussed adding capturable objectives in the Towns of Cyrodiil, additional "flags" like the Elder Scrolls and newer siege weapons. These still need to be fully approved by not just designers as you see posting here, but also by our programmers and producers, scoped accordingly, and added to the schedule for development.

Cyrodiil is designed to be a massive war zone where battles rage on many fronts, and that vision still stands today just as it did when it was initially created. Whether you're in a non-Veteran Campaign, an Imperial City gated Campaign or vanilla Campaigns, we want Cyrodiil to be a fun and engaging experience for all players, and of course running smoothly. We know it's been bumpy, but we are working on it gang.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Aoe caps?
    Wrobel territory.

So further AoE restrictions and more buffs to Stamblades/Magblades? Got it
  • Rust_in_Peace
    Rust_in_Peace
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have discussed adding capturable objectives in the Towns of Cyrodiil, additional "flags" like the Elder Scrolls and newer siege weapons. These still need to be fully approved by not just designers as you see posting here, but also by our programmers and producers, scoped accordingly, and added to the schedule for development.

Cyrodiil is designed to be a massive war zone where battles rage on many fronts, and that vision still stands today just as it did when it was initially created. Whether you're in a non-Veteran Campaign, an Imperial City gated Campaign or vanilla Campaigns, we want Cyrodiil to be a fun and engaging experience for all players, and of course running smoothly. We know it's been bumpy, but we are working on it gang.

It's not just the zone that the PvP audience would like addressed but the way skills work and how combat functions on a basic level.

The most talked about issues right now are AOE caps, Ultimate gen and of course scaling back the insane amount of passive damage reduction that everyone has right now.
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is designed to be a massive war zone where battles rage on many fronts, and that vision still stands today just as it did when it was initially created.

This is the primary issue I've been bringing up on the forums for the entirety of this game. While your unwavering stance to uphold this "vision" is admirable, it's been the downfall of this game.

Unless you can find a REAL SOLUTION to the performance issues that have plagued this game since... (well since people started actually using abilities unlike the alpha/beta where resource management was such an integral part of the game and spamming abilities wasn't as prevalent or possible) the lighting patch, introduction of AoE calculations, and bringing more calculations server-side this vision of yours needs to be altered.

You have to make adjustments to your vision and accept the game for what it is and what your game is CAPABLE of.
    Edited by Perphection on November 12, 2015 2:24AM
  • VincentBlanquin
    VincentBlanquin
    ✭✭✭

and please rework bow line. archers needs some blind or root to better perform at 1vs1
    Irwen Vincinter - Nord - Dragonknight
    Irw´en - Bosmer - Nightblade
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

and please rework bow line. archers needs some blind or root to better perform at 1vs1

.... I think you just need to do some research

rip decibel
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    With server performance in mind, it seems the biggest candidate for more server lag has to be AoE caps, which while Wrobel's territory, pertains immensely to PvP balance and quality. There was a post somewhere on the forums from a player who supplied data about the approximate server struggles between AoE caps, restricted AoE caps, and no AoE caps, and from what it came off as, removing AoE caps (unrestricted, not 6 people take 100%, next six less damage, etc) will be a major gain to server performance. Removing AoE caps would be a step forward towards this goal.

As for forward camps, these mean that fights will occur for a longer duration, and more stress on the servers more often. This can be tricky to server performance if allowed back, and might be a step back. Groups might be split up into more of a funnel rather than a ball with Forward camps, but if the funnel's amount of action is still too much for the server, then Forward camps would result in more stress on the servers. I would hold off forward camps until after AoE caps are removed, as in its current state, it would prolong fights and cause more lag than less.
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just noting that the thread has been read and there are things in here we're working on. Rich's thing is /lurk...I don't have one of those yet.

Hello @ZOS_BrianWheeler,
    Thanks for the update on the situation regarding pvp. It's very much appreciated.

And regarding your lack of a forum "thing" may I suggest the following:

/TheWheelersInMotion

You might add this to threads to indicate that you guys are aware of an issue and/or working on it.
    Hope you like it :p thanks

Edited by ashlee17 on November 12, 2015 7:29PM
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sentinel wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    With server performance in mind, it seems the biggest candidate for more server lag has to be AoE caps, which while Wrobel's territory, pertains immensely to PvP balance and quality. There was a post somewhere on the forums from a player who supplied data about the approximate server struggles between AoE caps, restricted AoE caps, and no AoE caps, and from what it came off as, removing AoE caps (unrestricted, not 6 people take 100%, next six less damage, etc) will be a major gain to server performance. Removing AoE caps would be a step forward towards this goal.

As for forward camps, these mean that fights will occur for a longer duration, and more stress on the servers more often. This can be tricky to server performance if allowed back, and might be a step back. Groups might be split up into more of a funnel rather than a ball with Forward camps, but if the funnel's amount of action is still too much for the server, then Forward camps would result in more stress on the servers. I would hold off forward camps until after AoE caps are removed, as in its current state, it would prolong fights and cause more lag than less.

Obviously they aren't just going to re enable old camps or something. Camps and respawning at them are going to work differently.

rip decibel
  • CtrlAltDlt
    CtrlAltDlt
    ✭✭✭

Thank you for communicating with us, it fuels our hopes of pvp getting better and better. One concern I have is IC, it has become a ghost town because players farmed their stones and got their gear and left. Imo I really like the zone, you guys did a terrific job but it should feel more like a "pvp" update. Adding objectives and giving good incentives would go a long way in tailoring this zone towards "small scale pvp"
    PC NA - jeazzy

stamblade outnumbered pvp vol 1. youtu.be/h1ONYfpAJJ8
    Stamblade outbumbered pvp vol 2. No cheese youtu.be/rN4_aRVMvWw
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just noting that the thread has been read and there are things in here we're working on. Rich's thing is /lurk...I don't have one of those yet.

Granted, /lurk is pretty good, but here's a few alternatives:

/snoop
    /skulk
    /creep
    /rove

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance in Cyrodiil is something we absolutely need to improve...

We're monitoring the ability adjustments, but we're not going to stop there. There's a lot of investigation and work left to be done.

Just the fact you're saying something needs to be improved and there's investigation being done makes me feel all warm inside. Either that or I need to see a doctor. In any case, thanks for the update, Rich!
    Edited by Alucardo on November 12, 2015 2:57AM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see Brian and Rich here. Good job Rylana. And thanks to those creators for reaching out.

Anyway...
    Cyrodiil is designed to be a massive war zone where battles rage on many fronts, and that vision still stands today just as it did when it was initially created. Whether you're in a non-Veteran Campaign, an Imperial City gated Campaign or vanilla Campaigns, we want Cyrodiil to be a fun and engaging experience for all players.
    I'll just leave this here.
    Edited by tinythinker on November 12, 2015 3:20AM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

We're monitoring the ability adjustments, but we're not going to stop there. There's a lot of investigation and work left to be done.

What is the possibility of putting in a "test" campaign to try radical changes out on. I would love a "no aoe caps" server to see just what the performance impact would be.

Seeing some radical changes to try to boost performance and kill the zegrball meta would be great to see, and very refreshing. Most of us are sick of the "we're removing deer and torchbugs" and "we changed how these 6 dots tick" type of changes.
    Edited by Sallington on November 12, 2015 3:14AM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only that's not whats happening..

instead of the fights having on many fronts, You have a giant group of idiots running together in a giant blob because many fronts is less effective then 1 giant fat front.

This front also happens to kill FPS and Ping as well...

Until you address that nothing will change
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »

What is the possibility of putting in a "test" campaign to try radical changes out on. I would love a "no aoe caps" server to see just what the performance impact would be.

Seeing some radical changes to try to boost performance and kill the zegrball meta would be great to see, and very refreshing. Most of us are sick of the "we're removing deer and torchbugs" and "we changed how these 6 dots tick" type of changes.

Put a no aoe cap server on the PTS and schedule a day (and make it very well known) that we can come play with the devs on it. I bet we would at the very least get enough people on there to see what a normally lag-inducing scenario would be like without the aoe restrictions.

rip decibel
  • Insurrektion
    Insurrektion
    ✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    In a world where the opportunity to make something truly great out of one of the biggest franchises in gaming is squandered by what seems to be inept developers, I weep myself to sleep each night.

This. Look at what Elder Scrolls has become.

Man I hate being negative I came to this game extremely exited as a long term Elder Scrolls fan.
    Edited by Insurrektion on November 12, 2015 5:25AM
  • VincentBlanquin
    VincentBlanquin
    ✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »

really? i dont see another archer for ages so i dont think you are right
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Archers have an amazing root skill. That's what he means.
  • VincentBlanquin
    VincentBlanquin
    ✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »

Archers have an amazing root skill. That's what he means.

really? and what is his name? show me video where someone succesfully play like this or it didnt happen

Edited by VincentBlanquin on November 12, 2015 6:09AM
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since most of this information is scattered about the forums here's a nice condensed "short answer" list:
    • Reintroducing forward camps with smaller radius', restrictive respawning within radius only and global cooldown.
    • Refactoring Siege damage (again)
    • Removing alliance campaign restrictions on your account
    • Allowing you to unassign yourself with cooldowns
    • Redo'ing the guards at the Scroll gates and putting them on the ground
    • More things to spend your AP on and updating current sets to higher levels

Most, if not all, of these changes should be in the next major update (barring issues with testing).

We are also staying vigilant about improving performance in Cyrodiil. There were a few ability changes made earlier this week and we're watching the performance after those changes, but we're still digging into getting the performance better.

Honest question, Brian:

That all is stuff that you tried before (sieges, forward camps, npcs). Sieges in particular never stopped ball groups, instead they used it. Purge is just too mighty.

Why not focus on the roots of the problems instead of bandaids that have proven to not work or relocate problems from one front to another? A lot of the things you brought up above do not affect a solo player or smaller group (the ones spreading out, according to you not influencing performance negatively) in any positive way or promote smaller groups.

I mean, isn`t there a saying that it isn`t necessarily the smartest thinking to try the same thing over and over and expect different outcomes?!

The list above is a list catering to ballgroups more than to smaller ones... again.

Edited by Mojomonkeyman on November 12, 2015 6:20AM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You asked for CC in the bow line, and I'm telling you to put a little effort in. The bow line already has 2 excellent CC skills. Open up the skills tab and read.

rip decibel
  • VincentBlanquin
    VincentBlanquin
    ✭✭✭

You asked for CC in the bow line, and I'm telling you to put a little effort in. The bow line already has 2 excellent CC skills. Open up the skills tab and read.

i know what skills bow line has, but again, show me proof that someone can play like this, can kill people at 1vs1 or it didnt happen
    Edited by VincentBlanquin on November 12, 2015 6:17AM
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i know what skills bow line has, but again, show me proof that someone can play like this, can kill people at 1vs1 or it didnt happen

Are you a troll?

Things like this is part of the reason the game is in this state.

Spend one hour of your life reading, comprehend what you read, and then apply it. It's not our job to show you what works.
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • VincentBlanquin
    VincentBlanquin
    ✭✭✭
    WRX wrote: »

Are you a troll?

Things like this is part of the reason the game is in this state.

Spend one hour of your life reading, comprehend what you read, and then apply it. It's not our job to show you what works.

no, i dont believe written word anymore especially from l2p jerks (not personal). show me real evidence or it didnt happen

Edited by VincentBlanquin on November 12, 2015 6:25AM
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We answered your question. Stop being *** trying to avoid it. Do you actually think you should be soloing people with bow attacks? Bow has abilities and passives that help you 1v1 and move in general. That is what you asked. That is what we said. Go home.
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since most of this information is scattered about the forums here's a nice condensed "short answer" list:
    • Reintroducing forward camps with smaller radius', restrictive respawning within radius only and global cooldown.
    • Refactoring Siege damage (again)
    • Removing alliance campaign restrictions on your account
    • Allowing you to unassign yourself with cooldowns
    • Redo'ing the guards at the Scroll gates and putting them on the ground
    • More things to spend your AP on and updating current sets to higher levels

Most, if not all, of these changes should be in the next major update (barring issues with testing).

We are also staying vigilant about improving performance in Cyrodiil. There were a few ability changes made earlier this week and we're watching the performance after those changes, but we're still digging into getting the performance better.

Holy crap forward camps. The second i hear eric say he wants aoe caps changed (removed) so they dont help ball groups but instead encourage smart game-play im re-subbing.
    Edited by Veg on November 12, 2015 6:33AM
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be a campaign where grouping is turned off.
    Meh...**** it..
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭

heard that many times before aswell..still waiting for the results or and proof.... 24 months of crap is so far the only proof i have.

"Bumpy?"

746.gif
    Edited by Raizin on November 12, 2015 9:20AM
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar