The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Two Years of ESO PvP - Rylana's comments for ZOS

• Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    babanovac wrote: »
    babanovac wrote: »
    Thanks for (somehow) squeezing this information out of them @Rylana this thread has become a beacon of hope for the community.

I have to say i disagree. The replies from Brian and Rich contain absolutely nothing from all the feedback the community has been giving for the past months. It's pretty obvious that ZOS and the community have completely different views on where the problems are with PvP and Cyrodiil.

Buddy you're two cheeks to the wind if you think this thread has been similar to anything we've ever seen in these parts of the forums. We had Wheeler sum up what they are currently working on with some very specific and previously disclosed information.

And the cherry on the cake: Rich Lambert acknowledged performance issues in Cyrodiil, in such a way that makes him seem eager to fix it.

Take your Tonka Truck and kick rocks bud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozDDYcyrCNE

PS: this forum section has been so blatantly ignored by the devs that we have come to consider any half baked comment from them as a blessing from the gods or something.

THIS... hes so right its so painfull... all this ppl who asskiss devs/admins whenever they pop up and writte /lurk or something in shape of "we r looking into it" or "we r working on getting performance better, we deffinitely need to improve it" just sickens me...

Only thing that i care about and want to see AFTER TWO YEARS OF ABSOLUTE BULLS**T is RESSULTS! I dont care anymore about random posts by ZoS team that ultimately dont do anything for me rly,(in game) besides just rehashing and repeading what was said 10000x times, while reality is still garbage.
    Edited by Raizin on November 12, 2015 2:32PM
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just noting that the thread has been read and there are things in here we're working on. Rich's thing is /lurk...I don't have one of those yet.

So... you do know that this thread is created by someone that runs around with a character in his zerg named "brianwheeler" (it's not out of respect) and blixxxxxy (you are aware of who that is, right?).

I mean lol, way to pick what to listen to.
  • Efficient
    Efficient
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Just curious gentlemen, why is the topic of AoE caps being completed ignored? Every response, seems to dance around what we all want. I don't care if this is Wrobel's area either, you can talk to him, and supply feedback since he does not want to post on the forums.

Please inform your customers.

Thank you.
  • LegendaryChef
    LegendaryChef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WRX wrote: »
    Draxys wrote: »
    Draxys wrote: »
    We have discussed adding capturable objectives in the Towns of Cyrodiil, additional "flags" like the Elder Scrolls and newer siege weapons. These still need to be fully approved by not just designers as you see posting here, but also by our programmers and producers, scoped accordingly, and added to the schedule for development.

Cyrodiil is designed to be a massive war zone where battles rage on many fronts, and that vision still stands today just as it did when it was initially created. Whether you're in a non-Veteran Campaign, an Imperial City gated Campaign or vanilla Campaigns, we want Cyrodiil to be a fun and engaging experience for all players, and of course running smoothly. We know it's been bumpy, but we are working on it gang.

and please rework bow line. archers needs some blind or root to better perform at 1vs1

.... I think you just need to do some research

really? i dont see another archer for ages so i dont think you are right

You asked for CC in the bow line, and I'm telling you to put a little effort in. The bow line already has 2 excellent CC skills. Open up the skills tab and read.

i know what skills bow line has, but again, show me proof that someone can play like this, can kill people at 1vs1 or it didnt happen

Are you a troll?

Things like this is part of the reason the game is in this state.

Spend one hour of your life reading, comprehend what you read, and then apply it. It's not our job to show you what works.

no, i dont believe written word anymore especially from l2p jerks (not personal). show me real evidence or it didnt happen

I'm honestly not sure if your being serious or not but you had me crying of laughter anyway, I thank you kind sir!
    Zzoro/Elliot Brown/Baldy ~Kitesquad/Noricum~
    PC EU.
    Spider mount was the only good part about morrowind release.
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    AOE caps are discussions reserved for the combat team and Wrobel to answer. They are well aware of the AE cap concerns (not just by posts but also with numerous conversations), but it is not within my realm to speak for them, nor make any changes to combat or mechanics.

In regards to a different Campaign with an older version of the game, AE caps removed, or some other variant of different data than the current data set, it's just not possible with how the game is built. We can limit/filter players into Campaigns like we do with Blackwater Blade for example, but we cannot alter the baseline rules and mechanics based on Campaign differences.

And yes...I'm well aware of those character names and "who" they are.
    Edited by ZOS_BrianWheeler on November 12, 2015 2:53PM
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Efficient
    Efficient
    ✭✭✭
    AOE caps are discussions reserved for the combat team and Wrobel to answer. They are well aware of the AE cap concerns (not just by posts but also with numerous conversations), but it is not within my realm to speak for them, nor make any changes to combat or mechanics.

In regards to a different Campaign with an older version of the game, AE caps removed, or some other variant of different data than the current data set, it's just not possible with how the game is built. We can limit/filter players into Campaigns like we do with Blackwater Blade for example, but we cannot alter the baseline rules and mechanics based on Campaign differences.

@ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Actually going to edit my sarcastic thread, and make it constructive. While we understand that this is for the combat team and Wrobel to answer, why are they not answering? Why is there no presence of them on the forums?

Can you make a commitment to your customers to address this? Can we have a timeline of when we should expect an answer?
    Edited by Efficient on November 12, 2015 3:05PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    Can we confirm or at least estimate when the next major update is supposed to be released. I'm just curious because it would be nice to know if we are talking 3 months, 30 days, 6 months, next year?
    @Anazasi Q1 2016.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very well put Babs.
    When you look at the abilities they have been tweaking to improve performance, they are never the ones spammed by trains. I mean, when was the last time you saw a full templar raid spamming jabs right?

In the sewers, more times that I care to remember.
    Edited by riverdragon72 on November 12, 2015 4:06PM
    Meh...**** it..
  • phillyproduct
    phillyproduct
    ✭✭✭
    Why not up siege damage but lower the siege cap at keeps 10 siege being the max up it would promote smaller group play and 40man zergs would have 30 people sitting around looking dumb
    CP-750 orc nighblade ebonheart NA
    Dark elf sorc ebonheart
    Orc templar
    Dark elf Dragon knight
    Redguard warden

Vet CoA saved the day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S616Dhc2Yu4
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very well put Babs.
    When you look at the abilities they have been tweaking to improve performance, they are never the ones spammed by trains. I mean, when was the last time you saw a full templar raid spamming jabs right?

In the sewers, more times that I care to remember.

No you haven't. You may have gotten killed by 2,3 or even 4 templars maybe, but there's no way in heck that you've seen a train of 15 templars doing that, no one in their right mind would.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

PvP is class balance and combat mechanics. The map is just a place where these two things take place.

Cyrodiil is really great. It leads to emergent gameplay. So does IC (add objectives please!). These maps should always be considered in the context of what the combat mechanics allow you to do. For example, many players have suggested a huge range of distributed objectives to "spread out" the Zerg, which is given artificial strengths via AoE caps.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

PvP is class balance and combat mechanics. The map is just a place where these two things take place.

Cyrodiil is really great. It leads to emergent gameplay. So does IC (add objectives please!). These maps should always be considered in the context of what the combat mechanics allow you to do. For example, many players have suggested a huge range of distributed objectives to "spread out" the Zerg, which is given artificial strengths via AoE caps.

ZOS can't escape this reality; the pvp environment is built on the delicate dance between class balance and map/objectives. We the players need both to function at 100% for pvp end game to be taken seriously with a fun attitude.

Though I am excited for vr16 sets from old gear; I'm tired of failing to distance myself from rolling the current stamina dps or magicka healing.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Shelgon
    Shelgon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only one I'm concerned about is the purge one, if there's a limit to how much I can purge, there should be a limit to how much you can DoT. Unless you're talking about just the skill Purge, cause I use Purifying Ritual, but I use it constantly to purify myself.
    V16 Templar - Shelgon - DC
    V16 Dragonknight - The Secutor - DC
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Rylana wrote: »
    - Put resource flags inside/on top of the towers,
    Pleased to see I'm not the only one who would like to see this! Resource capping is too easy with the flag outside, and I also think the resources themselves have a limited benefit overall. Sure they strengthen the keep, but there needs to be more to them so they're not just steamrolled over by the alliance who just capped the keep.

Ummm - I think perhaps this hasn't been thought through. Because what we're talking about is having to siege the tower down on any/every resource to take it. Do we really want to add that much more time spent on siege weapons smacking walls? I really don't. Don't get me wrong, sieging a keep looks very cool and it can be fun - but I really would rather not have to do it four times per keep now (one for the keep itself, and then three more times for the resource).

I suspect that, were this implemented, you'd see people all but ignoring resources - they'd take just one to open transit, and that would be it.

I'd suggest keeping the flag outside, but adding in more guards if folks feel like they are too easily taken.

• WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And that there is one of the biggest problems. The person in charge of PvP/Cyrodiil has no control (and probably minimal input) with the combat team.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shelgon wrote: »
    Only one I'm concerned about is the purge one, if there's a limit to how much I can purge, there should be a limit to how much you can DoT. Unless you're talking about just the skill Purge, cause I use Purifying Ritual, but I use it constantly to purify myself.

Since its a class specific skill, with a group synergy, the argument is that skill is fine. Pvp skillline purge is not because its easy to obtain, can spam, and has zero limitations outside of cost/resource.

Templar version effects only you at instant cast. Synergy at group level (and only 2 dmg effects.). Also this skill negates meteor's targeting; so as a Templar removal is a nerf to the class.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off...

Soo.. where is Wrobel? I have never to been able @ZoS_ him, cant remember EVER seeing a post from him. So.. who speaks for him? GIna? Rich? OR just his short appearances on ESO Live is all we get? If he doesn't want a presence in the forums, I get it, (and I would really like to get him to concentrate his team on making sure we don't have magnitude 10 errors,,, for the third time) but we need a person on the COMBAT team to talk to, not just have you and Rich as a relay.. Sorry..

Does Wrobel have a secretary, or assistant, or is he the ONLY dude in the combat cave and you only let him out for an hour for moonlight every day and a weekly bath?

Now, about what Brian alluded to...
    Just noting that the thread has been read and there are things in here we're working on. Rich's thing is /lurk...I don't have one of those yet.

So... you do know that this thread is created by someone that runs around with a character in his zerg named "brianwheeler" (it's not out of respect) and blixxxxxy (you are aware of who that is, right?).

I mean lol, way to pick what to listen to.

Yes.. and I also know the OP, have played and grouped with him. He may not be your favorite player.. or mine, at times, but frankly, I have no idea who you are and why you think your opinion of him matters over the issues he stated..... After all, if I compare you two I have:

21 Discussions, 480 posts, 57 Insightfuls, 336 Agrees, 107 Awesomes

vs

156 Discussions, 3758 posts, 820 Insightfuls, 3,700+ Agrees, 1600+ Awesomes

Obviously @Rylana has given more feedback and information to try to benefit the game AND other players. Why do you think your opinion to disregard him has much weight?
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you considered making a "heat map" for campaigns, keeping track of how many player of an alliance are in a cell at a given time, and applying a speed debuff accordingly?

People are sensitive about travel times. If the debuff is big enough, this will be a strong incentive to spread out while on the move. In fact, I think unless people actively try to stick together, they will automatically get strung out by such a mechanism.

I'm focusing on the "on the move bit", because, let's be honest, that is really the only phase in which pre-modern armies, which IMHO should be the point of reference, should be vulnerable to attacks by much smaller groups.

As for Wrobel cs. please suggest retiring abilities that were introduced to allow individuals to blow large groups apart.It's not compatible with the aforementioned pre-modern warfare. In a world where individuals wield such power, melee weapons, armour and castles have no place.

Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • LegendaryChef
    LegendaryChef
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Last time we got an answer from Wrobel was.... ehh..... moment plz.... Nope can't remember!

I do have to say thanks for taking the time to answer us but Mr. Wrobel seriously needs to find his way onto the forums so we know where to direct our feedback! So if you could politely pass on the message to him that I would like to talk to him and I will be waiting in his office when he is ready, that would be great thanks.

Yours Sincerely,

Bald Mage
    Zzoro/Elliot Brown/Baldy ~Kitesquad/Noricum~
    PC EU.
    Spider mount was the only good part about morrowind release.
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know why you all get an *** off a reply stating the same crap they've said for a year.

The fact is they don't care about PvP and are only pushing out DLCs with more PvE crap, We are the ginger step child of ZoS.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they totally removed damage reduction in PvP the time-to-kill would be even lower than 1.6. I am in favor of time-to-kill being reasonable in PvP as opposed to prox -> burst ult -> kill metaplay. ZoS had the right idea with the damage reduction but went way, way overboard by making it 50%. 30% would have been reasonable. That, or they could keep the 1.6 battle spirit damage reduction and make impenetrable stronger like in 1.5 and before. The reason why 1.5 metaplay and before was based so much on high pressure DPS instead of high burst was because people simply were not crit enough to make high crit/high burst viable in metaplay.

As an afterthought, the various "metas" that have appeared in Elder Scrolls Online PvP and PvE reinforces my opinion that studios that produce multiplayer games of any kind really, really, really need an emergent gameplay department. The ability to quickly identify emergent gameplay and flag it quickly as constructive or non-constructive is something I don't think any studio is good at right now.
    Edited by hammayolettuce on November 12, 2015 7:49PM
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might also put out that we must seem to be a bunch of whiny, angry children to the devs judging by this thread lol. We have justifiable complaints but we've been awfully childish about voicing them.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't know why you all get an *** off a reply stating the same crap they've said for a year.

The fact is they don't care about PvP and are only pushing out DLCs with more PvE crap, We are the ginger step child of ZoS.

200.gif

the picture is somewhat funny, but he is sadly correct.
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I might also put out that we must seem to be a bunch of whiny, angry children to the devs judging by this thread lol. We have justifiable complaints but we've been awfully childish about voicing them.

what else we can do :)
    Edited by Raizin on November 12, 2015 8:04PM
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just dont want to hear anymore "we're working on it", I want to see patch notes. Two years is a long time.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Last time we got an answer from Wrobel was.... ehh..... moment plz.... Nope can't remember!

I do have to say thanks for taking the time to answer us but Mr. Wrobel seriously needs to find his way onto the forums so we know where to direct our feedback! So if you could politely pass on the message to him that I would like to talk to him and I will be waiting in his office when he is ready, that would be great thanks.

Yours Sincerely,

Bald Mage

Direct your feedback to the forums. There are combat and skill forums as well. The mod team usually goes around collecting feedback and pointing it to the right teams afaik. Some things will slip through the cracks, and others might just not get fixed in a timely manner for whatever reason(not because they hate you).

This. A lot of posters in here asking to read Wrobel's Diary or something idk.
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Direct your feedback to the forums. There are combat and skill forums as well. The mod team usually goes around collecting feedback and pointing it to the right teams afaik. Some things will slip through the cracks, and others might just not get fixed in a timely manner for whatever reason(not because they hate you).
    Which people have been doing for ages. And how much has that given us yet?

It's not too much to ask for the LEAD COMBAT DESIGNER to communicate, or at least have someone doing it for him, on the forums. Or just some kind of information on something. ESO bear mount live does not count.
    Gave up.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jhunn wrote: »
    Which people have been doing for ages. And how much has that given us yet?

It's not too much to ask for the LEAD COMBAT DESIGNER to communicate, or at least have someone doing it for him, on the forums. Or just some kind of information on something. ESO bear mount live does not count.

So he communicates. Then what? You're going to wait the same amount of time for any changes anyway. Believe it or not, most of the changes to the game have been from forum feedback. I can only think of a handful of things that I didn't see one person complain about that for some reason got changed. Stuff like bashable heavy attacks, aoe caps, etc. Now, shame on ZOS for accepting *** feedback, but the community is mostly to blame.
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So he communicates. Then what? You're going to wait the same amount of time for any changes anyway. Believe it or not, most of the changes to the game have been from forum feedback. I can only think of a handful of things that I didn't see one person complain about that for some reason got changed. Stuff like bashable heavy attacks, aoe caps, etc. Now, shame on ZOS for accepting *** feedback, but the community is mostly to blame.
    Absolutely zero communication leaves a completely frustrated PVP player base. We have no clue what they're actually doing, what their plans are and if we're just waiting our time. Cannot be defended in any way.

Just gonna leave this here.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/88049/do-you-think-there-should-be-an-aoe-cap/p1
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/224997/myth-aoe-cap/p1

N-o-t-h-i-n-g.
    Gave up.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jhunn wrote: »
    Absolutely zero communication leaves a completely frustrated PVP player base. We have no clue what they're actually doing, what their plans are and if we're just waiting our time. Cannot be defended in any way.

Just gonna leave this here.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/88049/do-you-think-there-should-be-an-aoe-cap/p1
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/224997/myth-aoe-cap/p1

N-o-t-h-i-n-g.

So you want daily screenshots of their progress? There will be a Road Ahead, an ESO Live featuring Wrobel, or whatever else when there will be one. If you can't wait, then take a step away from the game for a bit. That's what I always do. If you want an update on AOE Caps, Brian gave you one in this very thread. It's being discussed. That's far better than before, so why are you linking those threads again?