You see your DD not avoiding the red circles

Kammakazi
Kammakazi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
and he/she repeatedly blames the rest of the team for failure to complete the dungeon/defeat the boss.

What do you do?
  • Hadan_of_Rift
    Hadan_of_Rift
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ask them if they need to turn on the color blind video settings
    Options
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    walk over to them and give them a B**CH SLAP!!!
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It'd be nice if people didn't stand in red, but I've become accustomed to healing through standing in red as long as it isn't oneshot red.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't rez, and beat it without them.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
    Options
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is a tank which I played alnost exclusively for over a year but recently i have been leveling DD'S for fun. When I play group content now I am still learning that I am not invincible and often I stand in the red. For that time a tracking I rarely needed to take the red stuff seriously (of course some situations I had to and knew to).

My comrades give me a lot of stick about it and rightly so but they do it in a friendly manner as they know I am learning.

I hope you guys are as supportive of those that you are playing with that are also learning and letting them know in a constructive manner.
    My internet is invalid
    Options
  • rob_ber
    rob_ber
    ✭✭✭
    @hydrocynus we like to tease you, when you rush in in a tank-manner, it is so funny! :wink:

@Hadan_of_Rift as a color blind DD, I would like to, but no setting like that yet, which is a pity, would help greatly color blind people and hopefully those who don't know that red circles are bad :smiley:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Been here for too long
    PC EU

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Options
  • Decayed_Inside
    Decayed_Inside
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kick em and claim my finger slipped
    Options
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hydrocynus we like to tease you, when you rush in in a tank-manner, it is so funny! :wink:

@Hadan_of_Rift as a color blind DD, I would like to, but no setting like that yet, which is a pity, would help greatly color blind people and hopefully those who don't know that red circles are bad :smiley:

Be glad they don't spellsym whilst they do it!

Seriously though,

Setting to all 'blue' (like when you're dead) helps in at least 1 type of CBness.

I had one DD back when AA came out, and he was FOREVER in 3rd boss red and said he can see them when he's dead but not alive, and that he was CB, so he change his colour settings for that and no more in red.

There are actually different types of CBness - so this may not work for all - but it helped him.
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ask them if they need to turn on the color blind video settings

You joke, but when it's a green floor those aoes are impossible for me with my colour blindness. Luckily I've done dungeons enough to mostly know where the aoe is.
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »

There are actually different types of CBness - so this may not work for all - but it helped him.

Battlefield 4 did a good job of team colours on screen. They had 3 settings to accommodate whichever type of colour blindness people had.
    Edited by Brrrofski on January 20, 2016 8:21AM
    Options
  • ShadowscaleSithis
    ShadowscaleSithis
    ✭✭✭
    Ask if they usually play solo. I am usually solo and can take the red circles pretty decently by myself, but around bosses of course and dungeons I forget I can't take that hard of a hit.
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »
    and he/she repeatedly blames the rest of the team for failure to complete the dungeon/defeat the boss.

What do you do?

/w Kammakazi, stop standing in red circles l2p
    Options
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just in case this is a serious discussion about colour blindness (which it probably is not); I have a red / green weakness. But I'm fine with the cues that ESO offers on screen. However, when a friend in game told me he really struggled I suggested to him to use this add-on http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info82-SimpleCombatAlerts.html

He did considerably better in the next dungeon.
    Edited by andreasv on January 20, 2016 8:38AM
    Options
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proceed to laugh devilishly at the painful TS screams of "I NEED AID!!" ? >:)

Just kidding - I love my DDs <3

But always remember TheHiveLeader's Healer Motto:

"There's a time to take damage,
    There's a time to deal it,
    There's a time to ignore all else
    and do your best to heal it...
    Then there's a time to laugh while they all BURN!"

awww heck *proceeds to laugh devilishly anyway*
    Options
  • Ruben
    Ruben
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you do?

If he's a pug, stop healing and let him die while I type a long explanation of why he's making us fail (when I pug its 90% of the times on my healer).
    If he's a guildie, laugh at him until he stops... or not, some of them are known for living in the red, but we all love each other.
    Edited by Ruben on January 20, 2016 9:18AM
    DK Stamina DPS
    DK Magicka DPS
    DK Tank
    Templar Healer
    Sorcerer Stamina DPS
    Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Nightblade Stamina DPS
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I joined some guildies I didn't know yesterday for the gold pledge (vet BC). I couldn't believe how much damage those DDs could take! We made it through without much of an issue, though I had to cast BoL as every second skill. Obviously they didn't bother to debuff themselves at the last boss after they'd been taken up in the air, so after Rilis was dead I let them die (I did explain to them why they died, though).

Their DPS wasn't bad, but their awareness and positioning were appalling. These are the kind of players who complain WGT and ICP can't be done, I think.
    Options
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I blame the tank. He should have positioned the boss the way so he won't place red circles under me.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think I'm having a deja vu.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    Options
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    I joined some guildies I didn't know yesterday for the gold pledge (vet BC). I couldn't believe how much damage those DDs could take! We made it through without much of an issue, though I had to cast BoL as every second skill. Obviously they didn't bother to debuff themselves at the last boss after they'd been taken up in the air, so after Rilis was dead I let them die (I did explain to them why they died, though).

Their DPS wasn't bad, but their awareness and positioning were appalling. These are the kind of players who complain WGT and ICP can't be done, I think.

So true.

I know those PUGs where players do not know (or actively ignore) the endboss mechanic concerning the bubbles and that you have to debuff them in the correct fields (blue/red). Same here, I try to heal through during the boss fight but let them die in the end.

Healing is teamwork in this game. It's healing + active damage avoidance.

Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What do you do?

advice them, advice them again, advice them.....if they do not understand, put them to ignore list
    Options
  • BreacaT
    BreacaT
    ✭✭✭
    I try to be responsible and move out of the red and in fairness I'm a whole lot better than many out there. But sometimes I'm just to slow to respond or am not familiar with the boss mechanics. Other times, the lure of maintaining a good dps is just too much, especially given the insight provided by the 'group damage' add-on. Getting those extra 500 dps, even if I was to die, is not only useful for a willy-waving contest but also helps getting kicked from those elitist pug groups for being the 'under-performer'.

I keep reminding myself that a dead dd deals no dps, actually think I'm going to put that in my 'tagline'.

<Just in case you missed it, this post is full of sarcasm, except the last bit, oh, and the first bit about trying to move out.>
    Remember red = dead and a dead dd deals no dps.
    Options
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I die a little inside...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
    Options
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd play along...

Me: "oh my, im sorry you died, what killed you?"
    Them: "Replies"

Me: "And what was the damage value?"
    Them: "Replies"

Me: " and do you know what move causes that"
    Them: "replies"

Me: "Thats right, the red Sh*t on the floor"
    them: "replies"

Me: " heal you through it is my job, quite, Thats exactly what i did, thats why the total damage done by the move was 3-5 times your health pool. but at some point Darwinism kicks in, and we cull the heard for the betterment of humanity"

*kick from group*
    Edited by willymchilybily on January 20, 2016 11:08AM
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
    Options
  • Kevmeister
    Kevmeister
    ✭✭✭
    I play both as a DD and Healer. Most of the pug runs I met, the tanker is usually clueless. While I can easily heal with BoL, I have to spam that most often, mainly due to:
    • Not fully taking the tanking job seriously by taunting (Hello, S&B skill on ONE target isn't enough, you'd need to rally more or use Inner Fire) or miscued taunts
    • More often than not, seem to be spamming WB and other 2-handed skills on their 2-handed weapon, instead of blocking attacks
    • Trying to be a DD despite already having 2 other fairly focused DDs

I've met tons of horrible tankers in my pug running days. HORRIBAD even. I can't comment on DDs, as only about half the time I see some who just stand in the red and soak up that fiery goodness. I've met twice as much tankers that queued for the sake of queueing as one but can't do a good job of keeping mobs away from DDs AND Healers.
    Edited by Kevmeister on January 20, 2016 11:08AM
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell them to hard cast more crystal frags.
    Options
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Little hard to aviod when you taunt them... And your standing right next to them... And cant lower your shield to do a dodge roll out of the OAE thats 30m across...
    Options
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh. it comes down to case by case for me. I heal good damage dealers that stand in red circles, because they manage to burn down the boss before they die. I burn all my magicka here..

I heal anyone with color blindness to a reasonable extend. I won't sacrefice the whole team and all my magicka to heal that one person, but if I can manage to keep the team alive + them, then I will.

Bad DD with bad attitude, no sense of own responsibility and high expectations of the rest of the team = let die to save rest of team, and avoid ever grouping with that person in the future.
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Yesterday I died 5 times in Banished Cells as tank because I was not blocking.

./truestory
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Alagras
    Alagras
    ✭✭✭
    This discussion joins a problem that interests me, it s the fact that all these circles look just the same
    hydrocynus wrote: »
    ...)My main is a tank (...) but recently i have been leveling DD'S for fun. When I play group content now I am still learning that I am not invincible and often I stand in the red. For that time a tracking I rarely needed to take the red stuff seriously(...
    ...)I am usually solo and can take the red circles pretty decently by myself, but around bosses of course and dungeons I forget I can't take that hard of a hit.

It would be nice if the color of circles changed from an almost yellow orange to a very deep red following the damage dealt by the AOE. In some cases if you re tanky and the effect not so strong standing in the middle is a perfectly valid choice, others it s "out of here asap".

Also the borders of the circle could have a different shape following the type of damage and effects: little flames if it s fire, some other symbol for snares, etc, etc...

Sometimes in PvP and some dungeons you have so many circles around, overlapping etc plus other things you gotta pay attention to that placement can quickly become erratic. So more one-glance info would be nice.

Maybe an addon does it already or could do it.

Edited by Alagras on January 20, 2016 12:47PM
    Options
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell them to stand there and wait for frags to proc so we can get done faster.

Without them >:)
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
    Options