The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Known Issues for Patch v2.1.4 (Imperial City)

• AzraelAcid
    AzraelAcid
    ✭✭✭
    Another bug. Submitted a bug report. After leading a 12 man group through the quest, we were unable to interact with the Drake of Blades to complete the quest. No reward for this quest. Annoying.
    Yes we turned disabled all addons (I turned mine back on after failure). Yes we reloaded ui. And yes we restarted the client. No dice. Please look into this. Quest Name was mentioned in bug report.

ft1ew8m.png
    Edited by AzraelAcid on September 2, 2015 5:00AM
    You can not earn Respect by tolerating Disrespect.
    Death is the graduation of the soul
    .- Sylvia Browne

Aleawyn - CP810 - Sorcorer - AD - North American Megasever
    Options
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ipsius wrote: »
    Bug with Resto-Destro Staff Heavy Attacks:

-While weaving "medium" attacks between skills, the windup (or channel) of the heavy attack will get "stuck" and you will be unable to perform other actions until a fully charged heavy attack completes. Also, while at close range, you circle the target while charging or channeling the attack, even without any movement input.
    This also happens with Sorc Overload.
    Options
  • Malvir
    Malvir
    Soul Shriven
    An issue since the patch that is driving me insane is the loading screens being unacceptably long - significantly longer than normal, and the endless loading screen is far more common now. Waiting minutes to zone into a delve, or anywhere. Not any particular zone, I experience it with all of them, but dungeons/delves seems to be the worst. I've had to kill the client and relog to try to zone in again sometimes, and it happened to my entire party.

The minimap addon author also claims that the stuttering is an issue on ZOS's end. That makes sense to me, as the addon didn't have the stuttering problem prior to the patch. Something changed in the patch that introduced that issue. I'd really like to re-enable that addon so please look into that and don't just write it off as an addon issue that isn't your problem.

Also not a new issue or in any way a significant issue but one I've seen for over a year - when my horse makes a sound my character moves his mouth.
    Options
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed I do not get VP or loot from NPC-kills when battling though the sewers solo. Is this intentional?
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Entering PvE dungeons from the wayshrine in Cyrodiil should return you to the entry point of your alliance after exiting the dungeon, not return you to capital city.
    • Entering PvE dungeon from front door should return you to same on exit.

THIS^

In the imperial sewers having great fun.... we see the door for the tower... go in for a run... leave and get sent back to Mournhold!

Try and go back to cyrodiil.... queue position 300+!!!

There needs to be two dungeon exits.... one to go back to your alliance safe area in the sewers, another to go back to the capital city.

Maybe have the capital city exit as a floating portal (That would make more sense rather than opening a physical door and being transported all the way across Tamriel as you walk through it).
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Hello, I seem to have trouble assigning my guest campaign. It says I have to wait 2 days and 23 hours to change it because I recently changed my guest campaign. The strange thing is, I didnt change my campaigns for a long time (at least a month due to vacation) and we're supposed to get a campaign reset with this update, right?

With the 170+ queues for some campaigns I would like to have the choice between at least two campaigns.

I also think that 2 additional campaigns would be good to spread the huge number of players and avoid these super long queues.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    WebBull wrote: »
    "the next incremental patch" I have really begun to hate those words. I think they are almost as bad as "soon" :/

They patch on Monday (Corporate office time) for most things. I realize that there is no comfort in this, but I generally just figure that most promised incremental fixes will be on one of the next couple of Mondays.

• Entering PvE dungeons from the wayshrine in Cyrodiil should return you to the entry point of your alliance after exiting the dungeon, not return you to capital city.

This is anti-ganking. By returning the player to a safe zone outside of Imperial City, they are certain that the character will not die immediately to players waiting for them to appear. This is better than something like a 30 second immunity timer.
    @lordrichter , 30 second sanctuary buff would prevent this just as easily, void on initiating combat, same as with Rapids.

While I (half) understand the reasoning for anti-gank purposes, the catch-22 of that is that if you're teleported back to your Alliance entry point and just wanted to go back to IC proper, you now have to traverse the entire pathway to the front door, providing loads more ganking opportunity than there would be with sanctuary.
    Flaminir wrote: »

THIS^

In the imperial sewers having great fun.... we see the door for the tower... go in for a run... leave and get sent back to Mournhold!

Try and go back to cyrodiil.... queue position 300+!!!

There needs to be two dungeon exits.... one to go back to your alliance safe area in the sewers, another to go back to the capital city.

Maybe have the capital city exit as a floating portal (That would make more sense rather than opening a physical door and being transported all the way across Tamriel as you walk through it).
    @Flaminir, exactly. How hard would it be to have a pop-up giving you three options:
    • Go back to capital city (exit Cyrodiil)
    • Go back to Alliance entry gate.
    • Go back to Alliance base within IC.
    • *Go to the other side of the friggin door.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on September 2, 2015 12:17PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was consistently losing the crown and carats above group members heads last night. Haderus - NA - PC - DC. I was in a group of about 5 and often I would see no group indicators at all above player's head, sometimes I would see 1 or 2, but rarely would the entire group be working properly. There are so many players running around and so many quick-respawning Daedra that staying with your group is very important. But difficult to pull off when I cannot easily tell whether the other characters are in my group, another group, or a humanoid mob that is going to Wrecking Blow me!

Anyone else experiencing that?
    Options
  • mystercee
    mystercee
    ✭✭
    My 2c:

Lag & latency - to the point of crashing game, repeatedly. Addons abled or disabled seems to make no difference. Prior to the update I only suffered lag rarely, now is it my constant companion.

Loading, loading, loading - at least I have time to make a coffee while changing zones. However, I would prefer to be continuing playing rather than looking for things to do while waiting to enter a zone/dungeon

Several buggy glitches with UI & compass, which thankfully seem to be one-of occurrences.

Complaint: adding my voice to those who have already bemoaned the ill-conceived stamina nerf. Even as a magicka build this is killing me - literally.

Options
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    The loading times are insane.
    Previously it would take 10-30 seconds (30 only when entering Cyrodiil), while i'm writing this i have been waiting for 5 minutes already trying to port to Rawl Kha from somewhere else in reapers march.
    (Would have been faster if i walked)
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
    Options
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sooo... Malachite SHARDS ( I haven't morphed them yet....

I've tried selling them, but they don't appear as a sellable item. They don't say bound or anything like that... just don't appear when you bring up the window to list items in guild stores.

This is intended actually. You can't sell the shards, only the refined Malchite.
    Options
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several times last night when doing the Dolmens (or whatever they are called in IC), no chest dropped. Also the main boss encounter in the middle of the sewer (after killing the 3 other bosses around the circle), dropped nothing and provided no XP.
    Edited by WebBull on September 2, 2015 5:46PM
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Several times last night when doing the Dolmens (or whatever they are called in IC), no chest dropped. Also the main boss encounter in the middle of the sewer (after killing the 3 other bosses around the circle), dropped nothing and provided no XP.

Were you running solo, or in a group?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Last night when on first boss (overfiend) of vet imperial city prison, when killed on the "glowing blue grating", group members were given the "pending resurrection" or "player already being resurrected" message when attempting to resurrect when in fact no one could resurrect them and a resurrection was not pending.

If you can imagine this was frustrating and caused slow progression of the dungeon. This also persisted after full group wipes (multiple) and required a hard re-start of the game to remedy.

In addition, grouping for the prison was a nightmare. we wanted to do the normal dungeon however two in the group were set to normal (including party leader) and the other two were set to vet. The party leader could not change the setting even though none were in the instance. After starting the dungeon it was actually veteran mode. We spent a little less than 1hr just getting to the dungeon and we gave up on normal at that point and just did veteran lol....meh.

Finally the "travel to player" group option bugged and frequently gave either the "instance full" or "player jump failed" error message. When porting directly to the dungeon via wayshrine we were placed in two different instances as well (although being grouped).
    Edited by Cuyler on September 2, 2015 7:22PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyr wrote: »

I've tried selling them, but they don't appear as a sellable item. They don't say bound or anything like that... just don't appear when you bring up the window to list items in guild stores.

This is intended actually. You can't sell the shards, only the refined Malchite.

That is the opposite of the tooltip, which states that refining 10 of them binds the malachite to your account. Either the tooltip is wrong or the game is wrong. Something is off, though.

L8f9lbt.png

Options
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit: at that time it was more like 8-10 players in the group.
    Edited by WebBull on September 2, 2015 8:15PM
    Options
  • DanielNorman
    Hi guys, thought i would just highlight the issue of UI scaling again and below is my response to @ZOS_Alex after criticising M4keyyourself for bumping a thread over the issue.

However the UI scaling issue has still not been "dealt" with, it is still apparent and hence the understandable frustration of people such as M4keyyourself. @ZOS_Alex Do you, Gina or any of the team actually understand this, as it appears no direct, thorough or honest answer on the matter has been given other than it will likely be resolved in the next "tentatively scheduled" patch for next week. However again this is simply not good enough.At least an apology should be given to the customers with an explanation to delay for such a severe bug, amongst many others.

So therefore please understand @ZOS_Alex that when your only input is to correct a complaining customer of a known severe fault in bumping the topic is in itself not constructive. Why not resolve the issue by providing a detailed explanation as to why the problem was not identified beforehand and why it cannot be resolved until the next scheduled patch. Surely this should be a priority?

Furthermore as an analogy, a customer persistently (and truth be told understandably annoyingly to the shop assistant) complains in the shop about a faulty product he/she cannot get replaced or fixed for over a week, to which he gets the rather trivial reply from the assistant he is complaining about it too much or not in the correct format. Certainly not the best way to respond to customers and surely you should instead be looking to again resolve the grievance or provide an explanation why not immediately in detail?

However as with previous issues raised including this one previously and based upon the staff commentary on this issue, its more likely I or others will get a reply concerning our format of criticism rather than an actual detailed response over the issue itself. Prove me wrong or have the decency to at least insult me with a /lurk.

regards,

Daniel
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had this happen as well.
    Additionally, if someone falls at the end and someone else actives the anchor pin whilst they're down/getting back up and invulnerable, they will not see any chest. I've heard this happening a few times also, though unsure if it is intended or no.

Finally, @ZOS_GinaBruno , any word on the 'of the Phoenix' female robe and whether the graphic is bugged or not? It's fairly clunky and clips extremely badly with some other pieces, for example the Martial Knowledge shoulders.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • GAULSTON7
    GAULSTON7
    ✭✭
    [*] [Tentatively fixed in patch v2.1.5] If you change your UI scale to something other than default size, it will revert back to default size when loading into a new zone.
    [/list]

this is a big 1 for me...when is patch v2.1.5 coming? extremely annoying... along with the new and improved ridiculously long load screens, going from zone to zone, we are all experiencing now.
    Options
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Tyr wrote: »

That is the opposite of the tooltip, which states that refining 10 of them binds the malachite to your account. Either the tooltip is wrong or the game is wrong. Something is off, though.

L8f9lbt.png

Huh strange, maybe I got that backwards and it really is bugged.
    Options
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Ran Veteran City of Ash today for the pledge and all four of our team had issues seeing several of Valkyn's mechanics ( especially his the fire flower he drops). None of us could see any of those streaks. We dubbed it blind hard mode.
    Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
    Options
  • I_CraftwithPntButter
    Not sure if I missed this in previous posts ( so my apologies if I have).

Since the update

When I use a drink ( stam and hp regen) , it doesn't seem to work yet shows that it is in effect. I sold the few I had and bought a different one , but same prob.

When I feed as vamp , my view gets switched from 1 st person to looking over them.
    Edited by I_CraftwithPntButter on September 3, 2015 1:12AM
    Options
  • Elsir
    Elsir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Possibly already mentioned but there are a lot of very long posts to go through in this thread and this one isn't listed in the main post as known:

People listed in your contacts list are not having their "Current Location" updated.
    EG: Contact is listed as being in Grahtwood. They're actually in The Rift.
    This doesn't appear to be affecting the group or guild lists. Just contacts list.
    Edited by Elsir on September 3, 2015 3:53AM
    Anna (AKA: Elsir)
    Templar
    Options
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    Malvir wrote: »
    An issue since the patch that is driving me insane is the loading screens being unacceptably long - significantly longer than normal, and the endless loading screen is far more common now. Waiting minutes to zone into a delve, or anywhere. Not any particular zone, I experience it with all of them, but dungeons/delves seems to be the worst. I've had to kill the client and relog to try to zone in again sometimes, and it happened to my entire party.

The minimap addon author also claims that the stuttering is an issue on ZOS's end. That makes sense to me, as the addon didn't have the stuttering problem prior to the patch. Something changed in the patch that introduced that issue. I'd really like to re-enable that addon so please look into that and don't just write it off as an addon issue that isn't your problem.

Also not a new issue or in any way a significant issue but one I've seen for over a year - when my horse makes a sound my character moves his mouth.

I don't use the minimap addon and am having the same issues with the long loading screens / having to reboot game.

I love that bug with the horse & rider chatter. lmao. You do it after leaving the skeleton costume too. It's so creepy - cracks me up! XD

A bug that's been really annoying me since the patch is the can't jump in stealth mode one.

Also really hating the new roll dodge nerf. >.>

Options
  • jonoville
    jonoville
    ✭✭
    jonoville wrote: »
    6 hours after starting...Wow 1% downloaded. Wish I could get refunded for time lost on these ridiculous patches.

2 1/2 days after starting the patch download and 21% done. And I don't even play PVP which is what 90% of this patch is for. Soooo frustrating.

Options
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last night I had the problem where after I was in IC and then went to COA my dps on the boss was half of what it should more or less be. Relogged and my dps soared again. So somehow the debuff from pvp carried over to pve.
    Options
  • Kyuumu
    Kyuumu
    ✭✭✭
    I am having the worst latency I have ever experienced since the patch went live. I mean like spiking out at 999. I have tried removing add-ons completely, lowering graphics, reinstalling.... I am at a loss. It is making the game unplayable, any help would be appreciated.
    Options
  • Mulcibur
    Mulcibur
    ✭✭✭
    @Rev Rielle
    @WebBull
    Believe there was mention of at least contributing 10% damage etc in order to be eligible for rewards of bosses/dolmen mobs.

Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

"Food and drink buffs are not currently affected by Champion points or Champion passives."

Willows Path, the 5th Setbonus, doesn´t affect drinks either.

Will we see a fix anytime soon? It´s a huge issue for sustain builds.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
    Options
  • BalgusFlinn
    BalgusFlinn
    ✭✭✭
    I also died in IC, not sewers, if I try to choose location I get a map with no locations.
    Also I am getting FPS lose, sustained under 15 until I logged off.
    ALSO Seeing party members on the map, even though they are on a different PVP server.
    Options