The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Known Issues for Patch v2.1.4 (Imperial City)

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    lonewolf26 wrote: »
    Another thing I noticed while playing, whenever I launched the Ult Shooting Star (Meteor morph) the visual effects would many times not render for me on screen. I'd see one here and there, but the majority I dropped were invisible. Players in group with me could confirm seeing it going off. I could only tell it went off due to FTC's Scrolling Combat Text. I noticed this when running Vet BC, and in the Imperial City Sewers.

Were you in Imperial City when this was occurring, or somewhere else?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Mulgorrah wrote: »
    I have a couple of issues that I discovered post patch. First of which, my Puncturing Sweep ability seems to slip from the crosshair and aim in a completely different direction. See image below:

1441092722_Screenshot_20150901_031824.png

As you can see, this is the tail end of the puncturing sweep ability as it was difficult to get a screenshot of the spear itself, but it was aimed almost 90 degrees to the right and not where the crosshair/mouse was. This animation bug started immediately after the patch, and I'm not sure if its affecting gameplay but it is annoying and makes me feel out of control.

My second issue is with a quest icon on the compass bar, see pic below as well:

1441093161_Screenshot_20150901_031855.png

This large bugged icon appeared even when I was still inside the quest circle, also noticed this after the latest patch.

If you start to use Puncturing Sweep then move your camera, the last strike of the ability will be in the direction that you started in. Is this what's happening?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think my biggest issue is that you can get stuck respawning if you die in PVP. When it asks where you want to choose your respawn location, if you hit E, the map comes up but no spawn points do. The only way to get rid of the non-functioning respawn map )which shows all of Cyrodiil) is to open the Crown Store.

Otherwise, you can't respawn at all (even if another player resses you).
    Options
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great patch. It's a good sign that this thread is short :p

But

Please hot fix the UI scaling soooooooon.....
    Options
  • Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WebBull wrote: »

But

Yes please fix the scaling this week. I will beg for it if need be...

Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
    Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
    Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
    The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
    OTG
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're investigating all issues mentioned last night/this morning, and will let you know as soon as we have an update. Thanks for the reports, guys!

Thank you, look forward to hearing from you.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Komma wrote: »

But

Unfortunately this cannot be hotfixed, but we are working on fixing it for the next incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • fr33r4ng3r
    fr33r4ng3r
    ✭✭✭
    +1 For the UI scaling fix. Pretty please!
    Options
  • AlmightyGoldfish
    Having a problem deleting guild message's for the day. Comes up with the option, Makes the sound but wont delete. Minor Issue though, keep up the good work Zenimax!

We just tried to reproduce this internally, but aren't having any luck. Can you either take a screenshot/video, or give us a bit more info? Also, are you on the NA or EU megaserver?

@ZOS_GinaBruno I signed and did a full restart and they delete now, Think it was just buggy with everyone and everything going on. I did notice however that all my champion points had disappeared and that's what actually made me restart. All working now.
    FYI with gaming you meet a lot of different people
    Today you have met the best saltiest person there can be.
    You just met the WhaleSperm
    Options
  • Esbia
    Esbia

But

Unfortunately this cannot be hotfixed, but we are working on fixing it for the next incremental patch.

Wow omg this ridiculous. You realise this makes the game completely unplayable for me... The default UI setting is HUGE and so distracting. There are so many loading screens in the game, it's beyond unbearable for me to keep on reverting it back. So how long will I be unable to play the game? A week, maybe two? A month? More?? What's the reason for not being able to hotfix it?
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Esbia wrote: »

But

Wow omg this ridiculous. You realise this makes the game completely unplayable for me... The default UI setting is HUGE and so distracting. There are so many loading screens in the game, it's beyond unbearable for me to keep on reverting it back. So how long will I be unable to play the game? A week, maybe two? A month? More?? What's the reason for not being able to hotfix it?

The next incremental patch is tentatively scheduled for early next week.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But

"the next incremental patch" I have really begun to hate those words. I think they are almost as bad as "soon" :/
    Options
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lonewolf26 wrote: »
    Another thing I noticed while playing, whenever I launched the Ult Shooting Star (Meteor morph) the visual effects would many times not render for me on screen. I'd see one here and there, but the majority I dropped were invisible. Players in group with me could confirm seeing it going off. I could only tell it went off due to FTC's Scrolling Combat Text. I noticed this when running Vet BC, and in the Imperial City Sewers.

Were you in Imperial City when this was occurring, or somewhere else?
    If I remember correctly this also happened outside of the sewers as well if by the imperial city you mean the districts as contrasted with the sewers. It happened both in and out of the new IC zones.
    Edited by lonewolf26 on September 1, 2015 4:22PM
    Options
  • Aeisa
    Aeisa
    Soul Shriven
    The height in which you can jump in sneak is dramatically less, which makes you less agile... bug or feature?
    Options
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    MissBizz wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno My health and magicka bars will not go away. A fellow guildmate experiences health and stamina bars never going away.

I have disabled all add-ons.

I have moved add-ons to somewhere different (so they are not in the game at all)

I have turned Healthbars "OFF" in the actual game settings. Tried off just for my character. Then the blanket "OFF" switch and they STILL won't go away.

I also tried porting to somewhere different.. still there...

If there's anything else I can test. Let me know.

Sounds like this is by design. Per the patch notes:
    • Your Magicka, Health, and Stamina bars will now remain visible while under an active effect, such as food buffs.

Does that sound like that's what's happening, @MissBizz?

Ugh... yes @ZOS_GinaBruno my food just went away and so did the bars.... it's really not pretty though... I even turn off the quest tracker on this character... big bright bars aren't helping :( I'll go /feedback and let my guildmate know. Thanks.

[EDIT[ I would have though with the UI changes incoming and being "optional" that turning my healthbar completely off would at least turn them off.

I also noticed this right away, and don't like it at all. The whole idea is to have an immersive HUD, is it not? Gopher would not be pleased! lol

Please allow us to disable this, there's no need to have these distractions up for 2 hours, the bars always came up and shrank when the food/drink effect ended.

Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Major lag, low FPS, high latency in numerous zones. Entered enchanting station and finally cleared out. (System has plenty of beef and did not have this issue pre update 7) Vet CoH was choking really bad.
    • Unable to travel to player as part of four man VCoH. Played the animation but kept returning me to where I was outside Stormhaven Enclave. Had to use the wayshrine.
    • Shooting Star Ult has no visual for the meteor. (Imperial Prison Normal, Vet CoH)
    • Pop-locked campaigns already going to be an issue - queues are long, and wait times will require some other option than a single groupable Home campaign. Not trying to circumvent the design, just want to be able to access it.
    • Entering PvE dungeons from the wayshrine in Cyrodiil should return you to the entry point of your alliance after exiting the dungeon, not return you to capital city.
    • Entering PvE dungeon from front door should return you to same on exit.
    • Atronach mundus stone removed from character on log in. Had to reapply.
    • Regen's seem to have been stealth nerfed.
    • DC Epic gear vendor has no prices listed on any gear.
    • Imperial Prison non-vet
      Flesh Sculptor:
      Flesh grenade hit box seems very clumsy and unintuitive. Entire mechanic can be bypassed simply by DPSing the boss hard enough (and interrupting the tenderizing)
    • Cloud Mist should have been partially upgraded to at least the VR10 water - it came from Crag in the first place, after all.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sooo... Malachite SHARDS ( I haven't morphed them yet....

I've tried selling them, but they don't appear as a sellable item. They don't say bound or anything like that... just don't appear when you bring up the window to list items in guild stores.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and the forever present in-combat bug, but wasn't expecting that one to be fixed this year yet.
    Options
  • capcody
    capcody
    ✭✭✭
    i really hate having to wait for the next patch . like seriously when a fix is ready it should be pushed to the live server asap. not when the patch day comes with allot of other fixes. like seriously. im playing eso on 3, 27 inch monitors and having to redo the ui for every loading screen is just stupid. fix asap
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "the next incremental patch" I have really begun to hate those words. I think they are almost as bad as "soon" :/

They patch on Monday (Corporate office time) for most things. I realize that there is no comfort in this, but I generally just figure that most promised incremental fixes will be on one of the next couple of Mondays.

• Entering PvE dungeons from the wayshrine in Cyrodiil should return you to the entry point of your alliance after exiting the dungeon, not return you to capital city.
    • Entering PvE dungeon from front door should return you to same on exit.

This is anti-ganking. By returning the player to a safe zone outside of Imperial City, they are certain that the character will not die immediately to players waiting for them to appear. This is better than something like a 30 second immunity timer.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Morvacia_Sunder
    Morvacia_Sunder
    Soul Shriven
    Having to reset your UI every time you switch a zone is not a minor bug. It's annoying and inconvenient. How did you miss this bug during testing? In addition, having to wait a week for it to be fixed is asinine.
    Options
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just logged into the EU server. My vet level char has been rolled back to level 40. Lots of ingredients are missing from my bank and bags, probably because of that roll back. This is not ok.
    Options
  • Sidney
    Sidney
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please PLEASE fix the UI reset bug.
    >.<_____/
    If you want me to read a post aimed at me, please put @Sidney.
    Please give us tail armor and dyeable tail ribbons.
    Click Here -->Support Dyeable Tail Ribbons<---
    All your mats r belong to Khajiit.
    Click Here -->Support Tail Armor<---
    Options
  • DanielNorman
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Though I appreciate this is not directly your fault Gina and it's great to have the update, quite simply the next weeks patch is not good enough. Is it therefore the case that a multi million pound company managing a AAA game cannot or more likely will not fix a serious bug affecting so many customers like this before the next scheduled patch date? Especially considering its hugely embarrassing that this was not picked up by any quality assurance team you have or the ZOS PTS moderators.

Of course I understand that this would very likely require another unscheduled maintenance period, certainly as it cannot be hotfixed. So why can this not be done and instead the players, ZOS customers have to suffer for a week? Can you please be more revealing/descriptive of why this may be the case, as in its actually going to require the team the full week to correct the code or that such a decision to introduce a necessary unsceduled maintaince to fix this is deemed unwarranted or rather not currently authorised by the hierarchy?
    Options
  • ezmawlocb16_ESO
    ezmawlocb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    After the patch I am experiencing low frame rates, and hitching. as well as long load times for delves.
    Options
  • Kyuumu
    Kyuumu
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't so bad last night from 2am till 6am but now the game is completely unplayable for me. The lag is massive, to the point where I can't fight or even run. The screen is freezing every three seconds....I just can't.
    Options
  • Mulgorrah
    Mulgorrah
    ✭✭
    Mulgorrah wrote: »
    I have a couple of issues that I discovered post patch. First of which, my Puncturing Sweep ability seems to slip from the crosshair and aim in a completely different direction. See image below:

1441092722_Screenshot_20150901_031824.png

As you can see, this is the tail end of the puncturing sweep ability as it was difficult to get a screenshot of the spear itself, but it was aimed almost 90 degrees to the right and not where the crosshair/mouse was. This animation bug started immediately after the patch, and I'm not sure if its affecting gameplay but it is annoying and makes me feel out of control.

My second issue is with a quest icon on the compass bar, see pic below as well:

1441093161_Screenshot_20150901_031855.png

This large bugged icon appeared even when I was still inside the quest circle, also noticed this after the latest patch.

If you start to use Puncturing Sweep then move your camera, the last strike of the ability will be in the direction that you started in. Is this what's happening?

The opposite actually, I start out facing the target. While the ability is in progress, I like to move around and strafe so that I hit multiple targets while I spam (as well as get out of enemy area attacks). It seems when I'm moving and using the ability it will suddenly rotate me as much as 90 degrees to the right/left. To relate it to something in real life, its like I'm attacking and I slipped on ice at the end and I'm suddenly facing another direction.
    Edited by Mulgorrah on September 2, 2015 1:23AM
    Options
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ran into major stuttering today. Didn't have to deal with loading screens that much mainly because I kept to the sewers but man oh man the stuttering in the sewers was horrible, especially when fighting the Simulacrum of Molag Bal.
    Options
  • Nosinned
    Nosinned
    Soul Shriven
    After the patch I am experiencing hitching as well as long load times for delves and transfer using wayshrines. Even got DC'd once while transferring.
    Options
  • Ipsius
    Ipsius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bugs with the NB skill Lotus Fan:

-Only snares the initial target, instead of snaring all targets hit by the bleed.
    -The teleport is extremely wonky now. Before, you would teleport directly to the target and do AOE from there. Now, the teleport leaves at you seemingly randomly distances from the target. Especially noticeable when targeting the middle enemy in a group of enemies; the teleport will very often leave you completely outside of the group when you targeted the middle enemy for maximum AOE.

Bug with Resto-Destro Staff Heavy Attacks:

-While weaving "medium" attacks between skills, the windup (or channel) of the heavy attack will get "stuck" and you will be unable to perform other actions until a fully charged heavy attack completes. Also, while at close range, you circle the target while charging or channeling the attack, even without any movement input.

Edited by Ipsius on September 2, 2015 4:57AM
    Options