Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Allow stamina regeneration while blocking

• Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys really need to convince your templars to throw you spears from time to time. Geez. Easier than complaining
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    You guys really need to convince your templars to throw you spears from time to time. Geez. Easier than complaining

Testing today, shards could be used once every 20 seconds. it restores about 4000 stamina for me. I lose 7000 stamina by blocking, as in not having stamina regeneration when holding block, in that amount of time. That doesn't count the stamina I lose from using abilities, dodge roll, shield bash, and blocking. Shards along with 60% block cost mitigation is good for keeping stamina balanced in live. On the PTS it is totally insufficient due to the heavy nerf.

Everyone acts as if shards is a great boon. It's not.

1. It is regressive to start using shards again after many tanks have advanced past needing it all of the time.
    2. Using shards still leaves a blocking player at a heavy stamina deficit.
    3. Shards shouldn't have to be available for all game content. A templar healer can't be assigned to every single tank.
    4. DPS need shards and healers need not be burdened more by tank inefficiencies.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • Harasdar
    Harasdar
    ✭✭

So the solution is not to go with all your three friends into a dungeon, because non of them is a templar...

Just writing is easier then thinking and writing... :smiley:
    Options
  • Halfwitte
    Halfwitte
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer tanking this way, you have to actually think being a tank instead of holding your shield up and spam cast one ability, it was really boring and anyone could be a good tank.

So glad this is a valid reason to keep it the way it is on PTS. I hope they do the same thing for healers and prevent magicka regen while healing so that way we're only left with a non boring 1 button mash healing role. While you're at do the same for dps because that was becoming a 1 button mash snore fest with entirely too much damage going on everywhere. Everyone and their brother was a good tank, healer, and dps and everything was just so thoughtless and easy. This is a fantastic idea you've eliminated boredom for everyone in one giant fell swoop. My 5 yr old son would call you a genius.

/claps
    You're simply too amazing for words.
    Options
  • Halfwitte
    Halfwitte
    ✭✭✭

Must be nice having a pocket templar to throw you shards all the time. I know, ZOS should let me synergize my own shards. Problem fixed.
    Edited by Halfwitte on July 29, 2015 10:42AM
    Options
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Halfwitte wrote: »

Must be nice having a pocket templar to throw you shards all the time. I know, ZOS should let my synergize my own shards. Problem fixed.

This is as far as "you can be anyone" goes. Tell people they can be healers in any way. Make them find out hard way that they are useless because ZOS nerfed stamina regen and every healer will now must have shards.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like this change for pve. Even though tanking for me is too easy, I want to be more challeging.

But for pvp, this change is essential and should have been implement over 1 year ago. I am sick of Dragonknight cookie cutters holding block all day long and being immune to everything. No skill is required to block all day long and especially with the damage mitigation, permablock would be INSANE.

I say, leave this change as it is the best thing about 1.7
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harasdar wrote: »

So the solution is not to go with all your three friends into a dungeon, because non of them is a templar...

Just writing is easier then thinking and writing... :smiley:

Or your friends just make up for crap group composition. If you don't have the right roles for relevant and current content then you shouldn't be able to complete the content. It's not rocket science. It's MMO 101.
    Options
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Must be nice having a pocket templar to throw you shards all the time. I know, ZOS should let my synergize my own shards. Problem fixed.

This is as far as "you can be anyone" goes. Tell people they can be healers in any way. Make them find out hard way that they are useless because ZOS nerfed stamina regen and every healer will now must have shards.

Not if it's a Nightblade tank. Nightblade tank doesn't need shards.
    Options
  • DigitalCow
    I don't play a Tank anymore, but I can feel the pain of a Tank in PvE. I don't really have any sympathy for those who hide behind a shield and cast in PvP.

"O Stamina Regeneration"

This is a big change, drastic and there's no need to jump to conclusions of who this will play out. ZOS is smart, they don't put these changes in without some careful thinking and testing. Prepare to see major changes in all Tanking builds, the community will always find a way.

However, what I do hate about this in general is the PvP community.

Many skills, sets, and playstyles are exploited in PvP. The vocal community of whiners find every skill to be "OP" (I.e Radiant Destruction, Soul Beam, Reflective Scale). And while they do get their change, this hurts the PvE community immensely. Skills are debuffed and I'm never too happy when my PvE build is toppled over because of the complaints of PvP.
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's a suggestion...
    1. Take a look at your stam regen gear
    2. Throw it all out
    3. Equip gear with more max. stamina bonuses
    4. Profit

You'll be able to tank longer.

You will run out of stamina eventually (maybe not as DK, thanks to Helping Hands passive), but that is how it works in MMOs. Resources are not infinite.

That, or you can build around regen and drop block between attacks (riskier, but possibly better for very long fights, when you dont have enough dps)

Loving the new changes.
    Edited by DDuke on July 29, 2015 11:14AM
    Options
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Here's a suggestion...
    1. Take a look at your stam regen gear
    2. Throw it all out
    3. Equip gear with more max. stamina bonuses
    4. Profit

You'll be able to tank longer.

You will run out of stamina eventually (maybe not as DK, thanks to Helping Hands passive), but that is how it works in MMOs. Resources are not infinite.

That, or you can build around regen and drop block between attacks (riskier, but possibly better for very long fights, when you dont have enough dps)

Loving the new changes.

Watch out, the dedicated PVP DPS just woke up and now will lecture us all how we are supposed to tank and that this change is for our own, PVE tanks good.

So nice when people not related to this nerf are expressing how overjoyed they are with this change and pretend that nothing happened.
    Options
  • koetty
    koetty
    ✭✭

I'm just curious, why do you think NB Tank doesn't need shards?
    Options
  • GhostShadows
    GhostShadows
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer tanking this way, you have to actually think being a tank instead of holding your shield up and spam cast one ability, it was really boring and anyone could be a good tank.

[edit]
    try play with 600+ ping and block heavy mobs hits on time.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_MaryB on August 13, 2015 1:00PM
    Options
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    koetty wrote: »

I'm just curious, why do you think NB Tank doesn't need shards?

Syphoning attacks + Caltrops + paths + sap.

All of the syphoning attack procs will keep you near full
    Options
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i m sory to say but u are an idiot!!!

Drop the McDonald's wifi. Get your hamburger and fries then walk about the door. :smiley: 600+ ping is atrocious.
    Options
  • DigitalCow

Sorry, but that wouldn't be Zennimax's fault for your lag. This sounds like a problem you need to handle on your end.
    Not everyone suffers from outrageous lag spikes in PvE or PvP. Some do just fine and there's no one to blame but your ISP.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_MaryB on August 13, 2015 1:02PM
    Options
  • GhostShadows
    GhostShadows
    ✭✭✭
    DigitalCow wrote: »

Sorry, but that wouldn't be Zennimax's fault for your lag. This sounds like a problem you need to handle on your end.
    Not everyone suffers from outrageous lag spikes in PvE or PvP. Some do just fine and there's no one to blame but your self and your ISP.

easy way to deny zeni have lag problems is put it on players end just LOL !!
    Options
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, PVPers causing lags in Cyrio on purpose is such fault of player

Not everyone suffers from outrageous lag spikes in PvE or PvP. Some do just fine and there's no one to blame but your self and your ISP.

Yes, of course and PVPers causing lags on purpose to gain unfair advantage in critical moments is just a myth, right?
    Options
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

easy way to deny zeni have lag problems is put it on players end just LOL !!

ZOS Pvp servers most definitely have performance problems but if you're sitting at 600+ ping while others are sitting at maybe 90-110 tops then it's most definitely your fault. By no means is anyone excusing ZOS entirely.
    Options
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vatter wrote: »
    I 100% AGREE with the decision to make no stamina regen while blocking. when a stamina user can tank 8+ players for 4 to 5 mins by themselves theres a problem.

KEEP THE NO STAMINA REGEN WHILE BLOCKING PLEASE!!
    That is probably more about CP than stamina. All of you who think this is a good idea should try tanking in PvE and PvP and then tell me you think it is a good idea.
    Edited by nordsavage on July 29, 2015 11:59AM
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
    Options
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you for real? you are new here right? Zenimax them selves have been trying to fix this lag issue for the past year, it's not our ISP or our internet on our end. It's server latency which has nothing to do with anything on our end.

It got so pathetic that they even removed deers from Cyrodiil at one point. lol
    Options
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This change is another classic example of the PVP community demanding a change to balance PVP, then of course it has huge effects on PVE tanking. Same story different game. They will realize it in another year or so.

ESO needs to keep these changes separate.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
    Options
  • Swarog
    Swarog
    ✭✭✭
    How to tank Mantikora in SO or axes in AA now?
    It's problem to switch panels not speaking about staying without block.
    $ Welcome to the new trade guild The Wolves. Our trader located in Wayrest. Join us! Send me mail or /tell to @swarog.
    Options
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vatter wrote: »
    I 100% AGREE with the decision to make no stamina regen while blocking. when a stamina user can tank 8+ players for 4 to 5 mins by themselves theres a problem.

KEEP THE NO STAMINA REGEN WHILE BLOCKING PLEASE!!

Vatter forgots to mention that player who can tank multiple players in PVP is completly harmless because he focuses 100% on defence and cant push back to offence. The only thing that irks players like Vatter is the fact that their DPS PVP dedicated builds cant one shot real tanks just like they wish to do with every single player.
    So instead of thinking they decide to all gank up on every single tank in ESO and support this unjustified nerf to stamina regeneration.
    Options
  • serjomalekrwb17_ESO
    Been messing around for hours ganking people in IC on a magica DK heavy armor tank , and there is ZERO problem with blocking now. perma blockers are a rare thing in there , and EVERYONE have anough stamina to block WHAT IS NEEDED TO BE BLOCKED , like Uppercut..... now little noobs you all have to calculate youre blocks rather than permablocking and casting poop at enemies , THIS IS BALANCED , DEAL WITH IT.

to those who call them selves tanks and cant manage properly their stamina pools , thats not a game issue , l2p , the stamina kill on block and the 50% shield reduction are the first 2 steps in the right direction , maybe someday players of ESO will actualy learn to PvP with skill rather than facerolling the keyboard while perma-holding BLOCK and canceling their skills usiang bashes and what not.
    Edited by serjomalekrwb17_ESO on July 29, 2015 12:31PM
    Options
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been messing around for hours ganking people in IC on a magica DK heavy armor tank , and there is ZERO problem with blocking now. perma blockers are a rare thing in there , and EVERYONE have anough stamina to block WHAT IS NEEDED TO BE BLOCKED , like Uppercut..... now little noobs you all have to calculate youre blocks rather than permablocking and casting poop at enemies , THIS IS BALANCED , DEAL WITH IT.

Have you tried tanking a veteran dungeon yet?
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
    Options
  • Swarog
    Swarog
    ✭✭✭
    serjomalekrwb17_ESO, try Mantikora in SO and Axes in AA first. ;)
    $ Welcome to the new trade guild The Wolves. Our trader located in Wayrest. Join us! Send me mail or /tell to @swarog.
    Options
  • Swarog
    Swarog
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried tanking a veteran dungeon yet?
    I've tried already and it's real pain.
    Edited by Swarog on July 29, 2015 12:33PM
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a PVE tank I really support this change.

I was drawn to the game in beta with talks of tactical combat, blocking and dodging at the right times. However since I have played the best thing for me to do in both Cyrodiil and PVE tanking was to just keep my right mouse button held down.

Not tactical, and no skill.

I hope we see some addressing of the damage from mobs to counter this but it's a really nice change IMO for bring more control and player skill back to fights.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options