Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

15 GB Patch on PS4

• Anguished
    Anguished
    ✭✭
    Trading this game in, I'm sorry but..

I'm not going to do these annual 15GB patches, when I've only got 100GB left and already have other games I want to get.

If this patch fixed:

-Lack of In game communication (Text Based Chat)
    -Fixed bugged skills
    -Fixed bugged quests.
    -Displayed custom names and not PSN ID's.
    -Option to permanently turn off MICs. (I'm sick of listening to other peoples music and foreigners)
    -A much better group finder that actually puts you into a group, not a 2 man party.
    -Less lag in PvP

Along with all the other problems, I'd probably consider it. But.. 36 hours for a freaking patch is out of the question.
    Going back to a REAL MMO. FFXIV, realm reborn. Just released its expansion which alone is VASTLY Superior in every god damn aspect to this game.

Fix your *** Zenimax.
    Options
  • Nine-Eight-Nine
    Heromofo wrote: »
    Very bad. Not good at all. Very poor form expecting paying customers to go through these tedious processes again and again with constant downtime. We paid to play not to constantly wait and wait.

This game won't last long if this keeps up.

They released a beta and unfortunately we are the testers. This should clearly never have been released for another year. It's just not ready. Of the play time I've had there's been bad lag and it's not due to my connection but their servers.

I'm now beginning to regret buying this as it looks like I'll not get to play it much. Tonight I was waiting at 8pm. Now it's 2am and still an hour and a half to download. About 7 1/2 hours downtime just horrible.

Lol wow never thought I'd see a console player repeat the words of a pc player. :D

You missed a couple of posts to [...] about on page 5

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on June 24, 2015 5:45PM
    Options
  • nixkeeh
    nixkeeh
    I've been playing the game since the release date in my country, which was 08/06, so been playing it about 16 days.
    It's had a 15gb at the begin, and now another 15gb.. to be honest I don't mind .. I would like to play right now which isn't possible but it isn't the end of the world the game had two down times.

About the game; sometimes it's laggy when there are a lot people in a city, and the minor bugs here and there.
    But so far i've really enjoyed this game and will do so in the future, and i got a lot of playing time in it so far.. another 4 hours and we're back :)

DC Dragonknight - PS4 - EU
    Options
  • ForgiveMeGaia
    0.2 mbps this is gonna take a while :#
    "Long is the arm of Boethiah, and swift is the blade.
    Deep is the cut, and subtle is the poison.
    Worship, O faithful. Pray your death is short.
    Worship, O faithful. Pray your death is quiet.
    Worship, O faithful. Worship the glory that is Boethiah."

Options
  • floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    floydmurphy.kg_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    LOL at the post at the top of the page. You say you want updates, yet you're "trading your game" because of the update download file. This isn't adding 15G to your console, it is OVERWRITING the previous update. Maybe you should do some reading to find that out. I'm rank 1 in my pvp server and have a blast every time I play. Lag is expected in any game that renders 200 characters on a screen. If you can't wait more than TWO WEEKS to fix a massive game, then we don't want to play with you anyways. BAIBAI!!
    Edited by floydmurphy.kg_ESO on June 24, 2015 4:24PM
    "There is panic in my fascination - Like soothing wine is my despair - Gracefully I fall to pieces"
    Ihsahn - Elevator
    Options
  • a.skelton92
    a.skelton92
    ✭✭✭
    Well, my excitement got the better of me and I spoke too soon. The pause/ restart trick worked for a bit and now its gone straight back up to 44 hours and now that little trick seems to do bugger all.
    Options
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anguished wrote: »

I'm not going to do these annual 15GB patches, when I've only got 100GB left and already have other games I want to get.

If this patch fixed:

-Fixed bugged skills
    -Fixed bugged quests.
    -Option to permanently turn off MICs. (I'm sick of listening to other peoples music and foreigners)
    -A much better group finder that actually puts you into a group, not a 2 man party.
    -Less lag in PvP

Along with all the other problems, I'd probably consider it. But.. 36 hours for a freaking patch is out of the question.
    Going back to a REAL MMO. FFXIV, realm reborn. Just released its expansion which alone is VASTLY Superior in every god damn aspect to this game.

Fix your *** Zenimax.

rpS6xiK.jpg
    Options
  • JarekReanimated

To be fair, this is replacing the existing day one patch. So it's re-writing those 15 gigs again.

It absolutely should not be like that, the patch should be less than a gig. Zeminax needs to get it together.

Options
  • Nine-Eight-Nine

I'd say. First xpak will be out before you're done buddy.
    Options
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heromofo wrote: »
    Very bad. Not good at all. Very poor form expecting paying customers to go through these tedious processes again and again with constant downtime. We paid to play not to constantly wait and wait.

This game won't last long if this keeps up.

They released a beta and unfortunately we are the testers. This should clearly never have been released for another year. It's just not ready. Of the play time I've had there's been bad lag and it's not due to my connection but their servers.

I'm now beginning to regret buying this as it looks like I'll not get to play it much. Tonight I was waiting at 8pm. Now it's 2am and still an hour and a half to download. About 7 1/2 hours downtime just horrible.

Lol wow never thought I'd see a console player repeat the words of a pc player. :D

You missed a couple of posts to [...] about on page 5

Yeah it's hard to keep up lol but i am well entertained while waiting for the download. :D

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on June 24, 2015 5:56PM
    Options
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, my excitement got the better of me and I spoke too soon. The pause/ restart trick worked for a bit and now its gone straight back up to 44 hours and now that little trick seems to do bugger all.

Yeah keep pausing and restarting until it goes back up in speed. Its frustrating but it works eventually.
    Options
  • leeroy1978
    leeroy1978
    Soul Shriven
    Confirmed pausing and re pausing got my down load from 35 hours to 90 minutes take no notice of the fools who say delete the download already done it and lost 5 GB for nothing . Just be patient and spend the time pausing eventually you will kick the download off must have paused it about 40-50 times but it worked eventually
    Options
  • TheForgrim
    TheForgrim
    Soul Shriven

Typically, if you restart your PS4, and check the download, It'll have worked itself out to the point it eliminates the need to constantly pause/unpause to maintain efficient download speed.
    Edited by TheForgrim on June 24, 2015 4:24PM
    Options
  • nikrel
    nikrel

I'd say. First xpak will be out before you're done buddy.

I'm getting the same speed & I usually download things 5-7megs a sec
    Options
  • Anguished
    Anguished
    ✭✭
    *complains incessantly that ZOS needs to fix the game* -> *moans even more when they release a patch to fix it and has to wait a few hours for download.*

Some of you guys....

Some of us expect a working game on release day, let alone one that's been released on the ''Master Race'' for over a year, which even then failed to beta test a game.

Some of us have standards, y'know?
    Options
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fan boys in this thread are quite funny. I understand that most of the hate is from ignorance regarding the actual issue but having to download the day 1 patch plus the 500MB update is completely unacceptable for the hundreds of thousands of players that need to do this. While the issue may have been due to a problem on Sony's end, the lack of an official announcement by ZoS regarding the issue is unacceptable at this point. Again, this issue may be outside of ZoS' control but the least they can do is officially address the community and keep us updated as it becomes resolved, or inform us how this same issue will be avoided in the future.
    Edited by Hiero_Glyph on June 24, 2015 4:29PM
    Options
  • Anguished
    Anguished
    ✭✭
    LOL at the post at the top of the page. You say you want updates, yet you're "trading your game" because of the update download file. This isn't adding 15G to your console, it is OVERWRITING the previous update. Maybe you should do some reading to find that out. I'm rank 1 in my pvp server and have a blast every time I play. Lag is expected in any game that renders 200 characters on a screen. If you can't wait more than TWO WEEKS to fix a massive game, then we don't want to play with you anyways. BAIBAI!!

Name me 5 other games in gaming history that needed 15GB for an update that contains things that should've come with the game and first patch.

But we're sitting here patching something, again for arguably the third time.

If you're fine with that, then you're what we call a total mug, have fun bending over backwards, fanboy.
    Options
  • Mitchblue
    Mitchblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see another maintenance thing tomorrow for another 5 hours.
    Anyone else rooting for Molag Bal?
    Options
  • NDwarf
    NDwarf
    ✭✭✭
    leeroy1978 wrote: »
    Confirmed pausing and re pausing got my down load from 35 hours to 90 minutes take no notice of the fools who say delete the download already done it and lost 5 GB for nothing . Just be patient and spend the time pausing eventually you will kick the download off must have paused it about 40-50 times but it worked eventually

Never in the history of console gaming have I had to babysit a download lol
    Imagine all of the PS4 players who don't check the forums are like 78 hours to complete dowload FUUUUUUUUU *throws controller*
    "When people !@# with you you !@# with them ten times worse. Next thing you know, you're in a motel room with 24 beers and a half bucket of chicken. You see, that's how you get things done." Ricky, Trailer Park Boys.
    Options
  • JarekReanimated
    The fan boys in this thread are quite funny. I understand that most of the hate is from ignorance regarding the actual issue but having to download the day 1 patch plus the 500MB update is completely unacceptable for the hundreds of thousands of players that need to do this. While the issue may have been due to a problem on Sony's end, the lack of an official announcement by ZoS regarding the issue is unacceptable at this point. Again, this issue maybe outside of ZoS' control but the least they can do is officially address the community and keep us updated as it becomes resolved, or inform us how this same issue will be avoided in the future.

It's not on Sony's end. They used to stack patches where each download would have previous patches so every new patch would increase in size, but it's not like that anymore and hasn't been for quite some time.

This is 100% on ZOS and they are insane if they expect people to download the 15 gigs every time they release a 500mb patch.
    Edited by JarekReanimated on June 24, 2015 4:30PM
    Options
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to our world!

[img][/img]urTgSXe.jpg
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
    Options
  • noob_almost
    noob_almost
    Soul Shriven
    He wants text chat and non psn I'd names? Somebody plays as a girl in hopes of getting free items.
    Options
  • Brightxdawn
    Brightxdawn
    ✭✭✭
    I just turned on my PS4 to play ESO. 15GB patch wtf!
    Options
  • Anguished
    Anguished
    ✭✭
    He wants text chat and non psn I'd names? Somebody plays as a girl in hopes of getting free items.

Your name is Ironic to the point of uncanny.

No. I like to feel immersed in the fantasy world around me.

Furthermore, don't judge me by your own standards.
    Options
  • dlepi24
    dlepi24
    ✭✭✭✭

If this patch fixed:

-Fixed bugged skills
    -Fixed bugged quests.
    -Less lag in PvP

Fix your *** Zenimax.

Bye, Felicia
    Options
  • a.skelton92
    a.skelton92
    ✭✭✭
    Yeeeeeaahhhhh! the pause/ restart is rolling again!!! 61 minutes left. Spread the word my brothers, reach out to the four corners of our great nation.. The age of the pause and restart is upon us! Do not say "it doesnt work" until you have done it about 50 times, eventually you will break the consoles spirit and it will do your bidding!
    Options
  • Mitchblue
    Mitchblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was at 61 minutes then to 73 minutes to 83 minutes. If you could all pause your download I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
    Anyone else rooting for Molag Bal?
    Options
  • jaredhatter01_ESO
    Just traded my copy in at Gamestop. Wasn't the only one either today doing it. Purely anecdotal I know. This game is great, but practices like this aren't worth it for the console crowd. To those who stick it out, my hat goes off to you!
    Options
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭

Ever heard of roleplaying and lore friendly names?

Better to remain silent and thought a moron than to speak and remove all doubt.
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

Options
  • TheForgrim
    TheForgrim
    Soul Shriven
    Yeeeeeaahhhhh! the pause/ restart is rolling again!!! 61 minutes left. Spread the word my brothers, reach out to the four corners of our great nation.. The age of the pause and restart is upon us! Do not say "it doesnt work" until you have done it about 50 times, eventually you will break the consoles spirit and it will do your bidding!

Just saying again.. Typically, if you restart your PS4, and check the download, It'll have worked itself out to the point it eliminates the need to constantly pause/unpause to maintain efficient download speed.
    Options