Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

15 GB Patch on PS4

• Astrids_fire
    Astrids_fire
    ✭✭
    Stealing sweet rolls.
    Options
  • JarekReanimated
    So every time there's a new patch you're going to make us re-download the day one 15 gigs because you have no idea what you're doing?

Great, thanks.
    Options
  • Mitchblue
    Mitchblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    So every time there's a new patch you're going to make us re-download the day one 15 gigs because you have no idea what you're doing?

Great, thanks.

I think this is Sony's doing..
    Anyone else rooting for Molag Bal?
    Options
  • Stares-At-Sun
    Stares-At-Sun
    Soul Shriven
    mikwin wrote: »

Tried pretty much every suggestion, including this one. It did increase my download speed according to the test, but it didn't increase the download for this patch. I've paused/unpaused the download numerous times, even restarted my console twice. The lowest I've gotten to is 5 hours now so I guess I'll just have to wait and suffer. So much for playing on my one day off. Thanks for the heads up, Z.
    Options
  • Hackulous666
    Hackulous666
    Soul Shriven
    Man some people are just blind cant read properly or what ?! When ZOS sayed multiple patch 1.01 and 1.03 yeah 1.01 patch is the DAY ONE patch 15gb we all have already download and we are redownloading again !
    It's a way to not blame anyone ! They wont say yes today patch is just 500mb go see with sony !!
    Options
  • a.skelton92
    a.skelton92
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Just thought I would confirm to you that PAUSING and then RESTARTING the download does infact give the download speed a kick up the arse.

I was unsure at first and thought It may have been just people trolling to get your download to take longer (I do not know much about DL'ing in Consoles).. However, after doing this as people suggested, my download wait time went from 11 hours to 78 minutes and jumped 3gb in 10 mins so just thought I would let you know.

Thank you to those that originally posted that solution.
    Options
  • JarekReanimated
    Mitchblue wrote: »

Great, thanks.

I think this is Sony's doing..

Not this time.
    Options
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great, thanks.
    Hey guys. Today’s PS4 patch size is 15.9GB because it also includes patches 01.01 – 01.03. We’ll be posting more information about this later today here on the forums.
    Hey guys. Today’s PS4 patch size is 15.9GB because it also includes patches 01.01 – 01.03. We’ll be posting more information about this later today here on the forums.

Options
  • JarekReanimated
    Heromofo wrote: »

Great, thanks.

What about it?

Sony doesn't stack patches anymore like they used to. This is 100% on ZOS.
    Options
  • Anguished
    Anguished
    ✭✭
    Are you genuinly joking!? I had to delete a game for this patch.
    15.861GB!?!??
    ESITIMATED TIME: 36 HOURS!?

It would probably be worth it if they added God damn text based chat, but I guarentee that's not the case.
    Options
  • Enaijo
    Enaijo
    ✭✭✭
    Man some people are just blind cant read properly or what ?! When ZOS sayed multiple patch 1.01 and 1.03 yeah 1.01 patch is the DAY ONE patch 15gb we all have already download and we are redownloading again !
    It's a way to not blame anyone ! They wont say yes today patch is just 500mb go see with sony !!

Sony doesn't publish patches on it's own. Someone at ZOS clicked the wrong buttons ... let's see if they have the balls to admit it this time.
    Options
  • Insanarchy
    Insanarchy
    ✭✭
    I can also confirm that pausing and unpausing the download does usually kick the speed back up, but it took quite a few times to finally get a consistent speed only 35 minutes left for me now.
    Options
  • a.skelton92
    a.skelton92
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Just thought I would confirm to you that PAUSING and then RESTARTING the download does infact give the download speed a kick up the arse.

I was unsure at first and thought It may have been just people trolling to get your download to take longer (I do not know much about DL'ing in Consoles).. However, after doing this as people suggested, my download wait time went from 11 hours to 78 minutes and jumped 3gb in 10 mins so just thought I would let you know.

Thank you to those that originally posted that solution.

Thought I would change the "infact" part of my statement as it was only until I read through the responses when people said they had already tried that but it didnt work.

Its definitely worth giving it a go as it worked for me and several others.

Options
  • Razgriz_2142
    Whats hillarious is my eso slowly got worse on its own, thought f it gonna download ps2, gonna be on planetside in little under 5h including patching.

thought i'll pause eso and ps2 and restart eso, no change.Planetside here i come i guess least i know i'll be playing tonight *shrugs*
    Options
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, so now I'm re-downloading the 15GB+ patch I downloaded (in 7 hours...) the first day, plus 500MB of new material? Very smart, indeed...
    Options
  • funkyjunky77
    F**k this, I'm going back to FFXIV. They released a patch today for incremental bug fixes and that was 42mb. It literally took like 20seconds, if that.
    With ESO the download is jumping all over the place. One minute it's 3hrs, the next it's 18hrs. Don't get me wrong, I think the game is fun, but not fun enough to put up with s**t like this!
    Options
  • Hawk269
    Hawk269
    ✭✭✭
    On the positive side of things, once this 15gig/10 hours plus download finishes, you will have a better game! :smiley:

I tested the lag on the Xbox One version yesterday and in a crowded town the lag/hitching was almost all gone. There was some slight little hitches, but it is basically night and day differences. Prior to the patch, to run from one end of town to the other you would have frequent pauses/hitches and severe lag, now it is pretty much smooth sailing.

Bummer you PS4 players have to download such a large file, but it is worth it in the end because the game is so much better with the patch.
    Options
  • nixkeeh
    nixkeeh
    i changed the network settings >primary dns at 8.8.8.8>secondary 8.8.4.4
    it went from 15 hours to 4 hours, should be back at tamriel pretty soon :smiley:
    DC Dragonknight - PS4 - EU
    Options
  • NDwarf
    NDwarf
    ✭✭✭
    So just check patch progress, time to download is now....47 hours to complete??? Went from 45 mins to 47 hours holy molag ***! Something's not right.
    "When people !@# with you you !@# with them ten times worse. Next thing you know, you're in a motel room with 24 beers and a half bucket of chicken. You see, that's how you get things done." Ricky, Trailer Park Boys.
    Options
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F**k this, I'm going back to FFXIV. They released a patch today for incremental bug fixes and that was 42mb. It literally took like 20seconds, if that.
    With ESO the download is jumping all over the place. One minute it's 3hrs, the next it's 18hrs. Don't get me wrong, I think the game is fun, but not fun enough to put up with s**t like this!

rpS6xiK.jpg
    Edited by Heromofo on June 24, 2015 4:08PM
    Options
  • Mitchblue
    Mitchblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    NDwarf wrote: »
    So just check patch progress, time to download is now....47 hours to complete??? Went from 45 mins to 47 hours holy molag ***! Something's not right.

Traffic I imagine. Lot's of people downloading and Sony does limit the speed somewhat.
    Anyone else rooting for Molag Bal?
    Options
  • ForgiveMeGaia
    This is crazy, 15 gig and its coming down in snail pace.
    21 hours left...I expecting a brand new game!
    "Long is the arm of Boethiah, and swift is the blade.
    Deep is the cut, and subtle is the poison.
    Worship, O faithful. Pray your death is short.
    Worship, O faithful. Pray your death is quiet.
    Worship, O faithful. Worship the glory that is Boethiah."

Options
  • eragard
    eragard
    15 gig is a walk in the park for PC crowd. Welcome to the game (new) console users!
    Options
  • worldcitizen1919
    worldcitizen1919
    Soul Shriven
    Very bad. Not good at all. Very poor form expecting paying customers to go through these tedious processes again and again with constant downtime. We paid to play not to constantly wait and wait.

This game won't last long if this keeps up.

They released a beta and unfortunately we are the testers. This should clearly never have been released for another year. It's just not ready. Of the play time I've had there's been bad lag and it's not due to my connection but their servers.

I'm now beginning to regret buying this as it looks like I'll not get to play it much. Tonight I was waiting at 8pm. Now it's 2am and still an hour and a half to download. About 7 1/2 hours downtime just horrible.

Options
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is crazy, 15 gig and its coming down in snail pace.
    21 hours left...I expecting a brand new game!

As a PC player from the beginning, believe me, you won't notice a single difference.
    Options
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very bad. Not good at all. Very poor form expecting paying customers to go through these tedious processes again and again with constant downtime. We paid to play not to constantly wait and wait.

This game won't last long if this keeps up.

They released a beta and unfortunately we are the testers. This should clearly never have been released for another year. It's just not ready. Of the play time I've had there's been bad lag and it's not due to my connection but their servers.

I'm now beginning to regret buying this as it looks like I'll not get to play it much. Tonight I was waiting at 8pm. Now it's 2am and still an hour and a half to download. About 7 1/2 hours downtime just horrible.

Lol wow never thought I'd see a console player repeat the words of a pc player. :D

Options
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was once Banned for making a game criticism. Think about that.
    Options
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol pause and restart the download brothers. Pause and restart. I've been monitoring the download and hanging here on the forum 13 g in now 2 left to go trust me.
    Options
  • NDwarf
    NDwarf
    ✭✭✭
    Someone posted on other thread to pause and unpause patch dl. Go to notifications/downloads/Elder Scrolls and pause dl.

IT WORKS! I went from 67+ hours and climbing down to 2 hours. Now to just sit here and hit pause/unpause for the next 2 hours and I'm gtg.
    "When people !@# with you you !@# with them ten times worse. Next thing you know, you're in a motel room with 24 beers and a half bucket of chicken. You see, that's how you get things done." Ricky, Trailer Park Boys.
    Options