Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No 1.6 this Monday?..

• LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    Heh, an audio bug? Not the massive damage we can do? Or balancing issues that everyone keeps bringing up? Or all the animation bugs? Or the oddities of buffs?
    I don't think the massive dmg bug is still happening on PTS. I did not see it yesterday. The unable to build ult bug is still around though...

That is my biggest concern with the PTS build at the moment, you can't let something like that go live, specifically when talking about a class like the DK that relies on ultimates for resource management.

NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reykice wrote: »
    I think they are pretty much done with balance changes in 1.6 and will focus on critical bug fixes. As Gina said, they will let us know what their plans are for Sorcerers. This tells me that the class is where they are OK with it for this Update, but they are continuing to evaluate the class. I think that the Spell Crafting system is what they are looking at. If that is the case, they need to decide if they should leave Sorcerers as they are or give them a temporary buff until they can be fully functional.

The spell crafting system is not being worked on and will not get here until 2016... with the state sorcerers are in right now(not even talking about dps, talking about the hit to survivability with both Surge AND Light Armor nerfs) most will leave or level a new class.
    Sorcerers are DAMN good in Cyrodiil. 9k*5 mines on 3600cp toons anyone? Do you guys use mines in PvE? If not, why the hell not? They may be the answer to all you problems.

Right now the meta for sorcerers in Cyrodiil is spam shield > stand on mines >profit.

Yeah, those 3600 CP builds are reasonable.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dharbert wrote: »
    I think they are pretty much done with balance changes in 1.6 and will focus on critical bug fixes. As Gina said, they will let us know what their plans are for Sorcerers. This tells me that the class is where they are OK with it for this Update, but they are continuing to evaluate the class. I think that the Spell Crafting system is what they are looking at. If that is the case, they need to decide if they should leave Sorcerers as they are or give them a temporary buff until they can be fully functional.

Gina just stated in a spellcrafting post a couple of days ago that it is on the backburner and not even close to being considered at this point.

Exactly.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ShadowDisciple
    ShadowDisciple
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a spoiled community.. they decided to postpone the release for 1 WEEK and u all cry...my god..if they release bugged patch ZOS SUX OMG...if they want fix a bugbthen release it, again OMG ZOS SUX..

Get a grip guys and stop acting so immature
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphyel wrote: »

The spell crafting system is not being worked on and will not get here until 2016... with the state sorcerers are in right now(not even talking about dps, talking about the hit to survivability with both Surge AND Light Armor nerfs) most will leave or level a new class.
    Sorcerers are DAMN good in Cyrodiil. 9k*5 mines on 3600cp toons anyone? Do you guys use mines in PvE? If not, why the hell not? They may be the answer to all you problems.

Right now the meta for sorcerers in Cyrodiil is spam shield > stand on mines >profit.

The hit for 8-9k with 70 points man. What I was saying is against toons with 3600cp they are hitting that hard. Make a template toon on pts with 70cp and try it. I don't see why they wont be very viable for 1.6 pve also.
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just to like to point out Google translate is not reliable in yes or no's it has screwed people over before for saying yes in a no situation.
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The hit for 8-9k with 70 points man. What I was saying is against toons with 3600cp they are hitting that hard. Make a template toon on pts with 70cp and try it. I don't see why they wont be very viable for 1.6 pve also.

It's not that they won't the issue is that people refuse to adapt to a changing metagame, it's a fact that most people don't like change.

Edited by LtCrunch on February 22, 2015 5:48PM
    NerdSauce Gaming

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest, we're talking about someone wandering around a warzone in a t-shirt complaining that it doesn't stop the swords that are getting run through their gut.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe their intention with 1.6 was the following week, as another big MMO is also releasing its new content update that day. However, if they release a broken CS with tons of loopholes in it, then they better wait.

If they roll out 1.6. and people are still able to farm CP´s in such a high rate like XP in Craglorn upon release, then the whole CS would be a big disaster and already dead on its first day.

They must get the balance right first, if it takes them another month then so be it. The future of ESO will be decided with 1.6. and other games have shown before that a broken xp system can ruin everything that is there to come in the future. D3 is such a mess today, so was / is ESO Vanilla - give them time Id say, nobody needs a broken CS right now.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thavie wrote: »
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1577778#Comment_1577778
    Der Live-Patch war ursprünglich tatsächlich für die letzte Februarwoche geplant. Es kann aber sein, dass der Audio-Bug das verhindert und den Patch in die erste Märzwoche verschiebt.
    Google-English:
    The live patch was originally actually planned for the last week of February. However, it may be that the audio bug prevents and shifts the patch in the first week of March.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , does this mean that 1.6 will not be released on Monday?

So they decided to prioritize bug fixes over pushing the patch out early?

That's refreshing.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Have used both morphs of Daedric Mines.
    They were better in PvE back before they nerfed down the range against larger mobs.
    There's also issues with them not properly proccing Blood Magic passive if multiple mines are triggered within too short of a time span of each other.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brandalf wrote: »
    It's not that they won't the issue is that people refuse to adapt to a changing metagame, it's a fact that most people don't like change.

It's more than that. Many picked a specific race and leveled specific skills for a certain play-style. They invested loads of time to finish their character. Than meta keeps changing drastically into something their characters is unsuitable for, so they get disheartened and upset.

I have a sorcerer that's also Breton for example, that turns into a double penalty when meta is all about stam- and weapon power builds (current case on PTS due mysterious CP scaling). So what to do? Re-rolling takes over 6 months if you want levels, passives and skills. I do have more characters at VR14 and sorc isn't even my main, so no biggie. But I fully understand where people are coming from.

Topic: I sincerely hope they push the release 1.6. If it were to launch today, they loose way to many players due to lack of balance, bugs and overall mess. I dont feel that enthusiastic about beta-testing for the console version either.
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. It's not ready to be released, stop pressuring them, this is how we get buggy horrible releases. Let them do it right.
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad, PTS is worse than live atm.
    Edited by TheLaw on February 22, 2015 7:36PM
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »

It's more than that. Many picked a specific race and leveled specific skills for a certain play-style. They invested loads of time to finish their character. Than meta keeps changing drastically into something their characters is unsuitable for, so they get disheartened and upset.

Too bad this line of thinking is what got Racial Ultimates taken out of the game all together.
  • Ivalice
    Ivalice
    ✭✭
    The whole balance thing with Sorcs can be worked out after they put it on live servers too. I mean thats going to be an ongoing thing it could take a very long time to get things right. Class balance is a thing in all MMOs. If they delay 1.6 too long they will have to delay the relaunch. Thats some serious egg on their faces if this happens. So I dont know what they can do at this point.

My opinion was they tried to do too much in 1.6. Instead of working on core systems they try adding all this other stuff. Now I think its just such a huge mess there may be no fixing it. Do you see them delaying the relaunch? I dont.

Show a little love to my sorc! I want 1.6 too, but skimping the sorcs and pvpers? Cold man, cold.... :wink:
    Elderblade GM
    AD
    50 High Elf Sorc DPS Ivalice
    50 Orc DK Tank Norkuk'tuk
    50 Khajiit NB Dps Farinre
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »
    I believe their intention with 1.6 was the following week, as another big MMO is also releasing its new content update that day. However, if they release a broken CS with tons of loopholes in it, then they better wait.

If they roll out 1.6. and people are still able to farm CP´s in such a high rate like XP in Craglorn upon release, then the whole CS would be a big disaster and already dead on its first day.

They must get the balance right first, if it takes them another month then so be it. The future of ESO will be decided with 1.6. and other games have shown before that a broken xp system can ruin everything that is there to come in the future. D3 is such a mess today, so was / is ESO Vanilla - give them time Id say, nobody needs a broken CS right now.

You talk about WoW I guess and the upcoming patch there has NO content in it.
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »

I have a sorcerer that's also Breton for example, that turns into a double penalty when meta is all about stam- and weapon power builds (current case on PTS due mysterious CP scaling). So what to do? Re-rolling takes over 6 months if you want levels, passives and skills. I do have more characters at VR14 and sorc isn't even my main, so no biggie. But I fully understand where people are coming from.

Funny, after playing on the PTS for a couple weeks I decided to roll a Breton Sorc, who I'm actively leveling now. The build I plan on using is something that simply wouldn't be possible or viable on the current live servers. If you want to go full magicka, then do it. It's still effective. Is it the top dog anymore? Nope, but it's still competitive, yes even as a Sorc.

From my perspective If you let your racial/class choice limit your role/build that's on you for refusing to adapt and make it work, period.

Edited by LtCrunch on February 22, 2015 7:20PM
    NerdSauce Gaming

• ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest concern here is Update 6 is basically rewriting the game. It's almost on the scale of the FFXIV rewrite. Rushing this out because they had a deadline of 2/23 seems like a bad idea. Very bad idea. There are other concerns with how PR has gone, but that's not something I'll bring up here.
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rushing this out because they had a deadline of 2/23 seems like a bad idea.
    Maybe, but they still have a strong deadline 3/17, there is not much time to it, and they will need to fix many things on live before TU (or you really believe that they can fix all the bugs on PTS stage?..) I don't think that they have many choices.

Whatever, I'd like to hear the confirmation from ZOS, but I doubt that we'll hear anything at all before tomorrow. We'll see!
    Edited by Thavie on February 22, 2015 9:03PM
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest concern here is Update 6 is basically rewriting the game. It's almost on the scale of the FFXIV rewrite. Rushing this out because they had a deadline of 2/23 seems like a bad idea. Very bad idea. There are other concerns with how PR has gone, but that's not something I'll bring up here.

What?

You seem to have no clue what Final Fantasy XIV did when you say that 1.6 is something like "A Realm Reborn". 1.6 is maybe 1/10th of what SquareEnix did with ARR.

1.6 is not that monster of a patch so many say. To increase all numbers x10 or to tweak systems is nothing special. Champion and Justice Systems, yes, that's something considerable, but the other things are normal patch content.

SE changed the entire game with ARR. And most important part: they added huge amounts of content. 1.6 has literally no content.

But you are right: they shouldn't rush anything. Release was rushed and it ended in a disaster, the deployment of 1.6 must work properly.
    Edited by Seraphyel on February 22, 2015 9:10PM
  • Xiroku
    Xiroku
    ✭✭✭
    If 1.6 does come out tomorrow, I do hope it's with a patch not released on PTS yet, or at least another patch later in the week.
    Edited by Xiroku on February 22, 2015 9:15PM
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What?

You seem to have no clue what Final Fantasy XIV did when you say that 1.6 is something like "A Realm Reborn". 1.6 is maybe 1/10th of what SquareEnix did with ARR.

1.6 is not that monster of a patch so many say. To increase all numbers x10 or to tweak systems is nothing special. Champion and Justice Systems, yes, that's something considerable, but the other things are normal patch content.

SE changed the entire game with ARR. And most important part: they added huge amounts of content. 1.6 has literally no content.

But you are right: they shouldn't rush anything. Release was rushed and it ended in a disaster, the deployment of 1.6 must work properly.

Having played FFXIV, I do have a clue. It's almost on scale. Not quite, and I wasn't talking about the content/dungeon maps. I was strictly talking about game balance. I will say, "increasing numbers x10" isn't simple. The game has to be re-balanced. From a coding/game design perspective, this could be a lot of work. And given how the PTS patches have been going, it's not something that was simple to track down. PTS was just updated with 1.6.4, we're no way near putting that on the live instances.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_KaiSchober or @ZOS_MichelleA

Could we get a statement on whether the maintenance on Monday will include Update 6?

I know Kai made a statement early today in a German thread that was worded as speculation. I would just like a "No" if it is not going to go Live during the Monday maintenance.

Is there any chance of confirming that much?
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well i subbed due to 1.6 coming out but i`m losing interest seeing how they broke sorcs(the surge cd makes surge unusable with any kind of dot or even destro staff) and can`t even launch this on time...

Exactly. Let them take all the time. I want to play a bad but still functional class as long as possible before 1.6 hits.

• ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello there, folks! We wanted to pop in and confirm that 1.6 will not be coming to the NA and EU megaservers tomorrow. It will be our routine maintenance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think they should hold up the entire patch because of some issue with pvp. They can work that out later. Most new people coming in wont be doing pvp for a long time.

So let the vet players who have been loyal for the last year suffer? Heck no.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello there, folks! We wanted to pop in and confirm that 1.6 will not be coming to the NA and EU megaservers tomorrow. It will be our routine maintenance.

Thanks!

(See, I knew you were the one to ask ... :smile: )
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Phew!

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Zavus
    Zavus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully gets pushed back till 2020
    Zavus - Worst NB NA / First NB RANK 50
    "Most carried General NA" - Cent Satori

Haxus