The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

No 1.6 this Monday?..

• xarguideb17_ESO
    xarguideb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think they should hold up the entire patch because of some issue with pvp. They can work that out later. Most new people coming in wont be doing pvp for a long time.

you are wrong sir.

I'm a PvPer mostly and I know a lot of people who are.

Of course he's wrong. PVP is a major part of this game. You can't have this broken.
  • dezayib16_ESO
    dezayib16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Been waiting to center my camera since launch now... -_- release at least that part already.
  • Aevric
    Aevric
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think they should hold up the entire patch because of some issue with pvp. They can work that out later. Most new people coming in wont be doing pvp for a long time.

you are wrong sir.

I'm a PvPer mostly and I know a lot of people who are.

I think you may be wrong.
    Barely anyone in my guilds (and they're not trade guilds) and none of my personal friends PvP's at all.
  • xarguideb17_ESO
    xarguideb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    if you've waited since launch, you can wait another week :smiley:
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is always a major part of pretty much every MMO, but even so they don't represent 1% of playerbase, so there you go.
    This is not some Call of Duty where it's "balanced", MMOs can't be ever balanced in PvP (though ESO is the most PvP-balanced MMO I've ever had the chance to play, and no 1.6 is not changing that, it's actually making it better).

Say whatever you want, but I want update 6 to already hit the live, there is so little bugs left that most people won't even notice them (Yes I've tested it for weeks on PTS). About update 6 though, I disagree that there is not content, sure there's no gear treadmill crap this time, but we're getting Justice System (the best one on the MMO market by far). It has 100s of hours of replayability. Update 6 is very much ESO 2.0 - The game plays better, looks better and hell even feels better + we're finally getting some long-waited features (which were perfectly implemented).
  • jeevin
    jeevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphyel wrote: »
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    The biggest concern here is Update 6 is basically rewriting the game. It's almost on the scale of the FFXIV rewrite. Rushing this out because they had a deadline of 2/23 seems like a bad idea. Very bad idea. There are other concerns with how PR has gone, but that's not something I'll bring up here.

What?

You seem to have no clue what Final Fantasy XIV did when you say that 1.6 is something like "A Realm Reborn". 1.6 is maybe 1/10th of what SquareEnix did with ARR.

1.6 is not that monster of a patch so many say. To increase all numbers x10 or to tweak systems is nothing special. Champion and Justice Systems, yes, that's something considerable, but the other things are normal patch content.

SE changed the entire game with ARR. And most important part: they added huge amounts of content. 1.6 has literally no content.

But you are right: they shouldn't rush anything. Release was rushed and it ended in a disaster, the deployment of 1.6 must work properly.

Having played FFXIV, I do have a clue. It's almost on scale. Not quite, and I wasn't talking about the content/dungeon maps. I was strictly talking about game balance. I will say, "increasing numbers x10" isn't simple. The game has to be re-balanced. From a coding/game design perspective, this could be a lot of work. And given how the PTS patches have been going, it's not something that was simple to track down. PTS was just updated with 1.6.4, we're no way near putting that on the live instances.

If you played FFXIV, how can you compare them?

To be honest, FF XIV was awful. It has nearly no MMORPG components in it, quests were missing, there was literally nothing in the world. SE had to redo nearly everything.

ESO 1.0 was not awful but it wasn't good either. It was just a mediocre game and with 1.6 it's still the mediocre MMORPG. Nothing special about it.

What Zenimax did wrong for 3-4 years can't be improved within months. SE needed at least 2 years to repair their game and make it shine again (and remember, FF XIV was offline for months due to the restructuring). 1.6 is just a bigger patch than the other ones. The biggest issue with 1.6 is the missing content, that makes the patch look quite... empty. Sure the game needs balancing and tweaking, but 1.6 doesn't justify a "rebranding". VR is still there, clunky combat is still there, no content... good on one side, bland on the other. I like 1.6 but it's not some kind of Messiah for ESO.

Agreed here. There are a lot of players expecting this update to be the game changer we've been waiting for. Sure it will change a fair bit but on the other hand the fundamental flaws are still glaringly there.
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    But there is a maintenance this Monday/Tuesday. Maybe we'll see 1.6 soon.

There is always a maintenance.

1.6 is not ready yet, pushing it out too early will cause issues. Especially AvA will be unplayable when the +100k hit bug hit live servers.

You know, there are LOT balance issues still in 1.6+ what they didnt fixed, and this one week wont change it. And ZoS was always unable to balance this game, or fix bugs, and take care of exploiters. One week or one year wont help them, because incompetency. Reported issues on PTS will hit live and you will need to argue about it on forums for half year, till they start to do anything, but at the end, they will fail to fix. SO IMO they could just put it on live, and fix crashes, bugs after live, as they always did before. No matters how hard they try, 1.6 will be a pain because on live it will cause lot issues, will be unplayable, as all updates they did before. What do you think? Anything changed? I dont see improvements, they do same mistakes, or just cant/dont want to try harder.

Ps.: Class unba in 1.6 is big, but: what about sets? Was you able to test them? Will they cause inbalance? I bet they will. The internal testers are just a waste of resources. On PTS you cant really test em, only on live will they see the issues.
    Edited by Kypho on February 23, 2015 10:15AM
  • Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taken 8 months for them to balance from release... it's going to take a lot longer than 1-2 months to get back up to the standard of 1.5 has been with 1.6.

Going to miss the balance of 1.5 as it has been pretty much been as balanced as it can be (with mmo standards and how eso is designed.)
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild
    EverQuest -> Dark Age of Camelot -> Ragnarok Online -> Cabal Online -> Guild Wars 1 -> Warhammer Online -> Vindictus -> SWTOR -> Tera -> Guild Wars 2 -> Elder Scrolls Online ->

Eagerly awaiting Camelot Unchained.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the history on this board, I think it's fair to assume that the people who are complaining that 1.6 isn't ready yet are the very same people who are going to complain if it gets delayed.

I know that you can't please all of the people all of the time, but it's also pretty clear that there are some people you can't please any of the time.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Given the history on this board, I think it's fair to assume that the people who are complaining that 1.6 isn't ready yet are the very same people who are going to complain if it gets delayed.

I know that you can't please all of the people all of the time, but it's also pretty clear that there are some people you can't please any of the time.

True enough. But those people tend to be the ones that feel things should come out when they say they are going to AND work properly when they do. That may be an unrealistic expectation but it's certainly not an unreasonable one.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

True enough. But those people tend to be the ones that feel things should come out when they say they are going to AND work properly when they do. That may be an unrealistic expectation but it's certainly not an unreasonable one.

It may not be unrealistic in principle, but in practice to complain that something isn't ready to go Live yet and then complain when it is delayed in order to get it ready makes no sense and is just complaining for the sake of it.
  • Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG really??? Zenimax, stop with your audio ''fetish'' and 10GB of audio files, your game needs al lot of things and SURE audio it's not a priority LOL...
  • Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heh, an audio bug? Not the massive damage we can do? Or balancing issues that everyone keeps bringing up? Or all the animation bugs? Or the oddities of buffs?

Who cares for audio??? i have half guild not playing and subbing because of patch not coming...
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

It may not be unrealistic in principle, but in practice to complain that something isn't ready to go Live yet and then complain when it is delayed in order to get it ready makes no sense and is just complaining for the sake of it.

Except when it's the case that the "complaining" is pointing out a pattern of behavior, such as: Repeatedly being told things will come out by X date only to have them delayed because they are not ready.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Keepercraft
    Keepercraft
    ✭✭✭
    Heh, an audio bug? Not the massive damage we can do? Or balancing issues that everyone keeps bringing up? Or all the animation bugs? Or the oddities of buffs?

Who cares for audio??? i have half guild not playing and subbing because of patch not coming...

I like audio dialogs but not too much. :smile:

funny-Headset.jpg

Still waiting for Sithis.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    thankfully no.

It still needs work.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

you do realize this "issue" is one shot kills right?

that crap cant go live. PvErs are gonna have to wait just like PvPers.
    Edited by Cody on February 23, 2015 12:22PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll be interesting to see how many people who say they hate the game because of e.g. the poorly implemented PvP, the class imbalances, the lag, the veteran ranks, the champion points, the incomplete Justice System, the lack of new content etc suddenly find they love the game when it's free ;)!
    Edited by Tandor on February 23, 2015 2:04PM
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    I forsee a second flop coming if they release a buggy patch right before B2P starts.. Lots of new people coming in/back to find that very little has changed. The game is still a mess.

We paid to be beta testers.
  • Micanet
    Micanet
    ✭✭
    Dont worry guys and girls, they just assured us that the update wont come between 28th and 31st of February