The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

No 1.6 this Monday?..

Thavie
Thavie
✭✭✭✭
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1577778#Comment_1577778
Der Live-Patch war ursprünglich tatsächlich für die letzte Februarwoche geplant. Es kann aber sein, dass der Audio-Bug das verhindert und den Patch in die erste Märzwoche verschiebt.
Google-English:
The live patch was originally actually planned for the last week of February. However, it may be that the audio bug prevents and shifts the patch in the first week of March.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , does this mean that 1.6 will not be released on Monday?
"We grew under a bad sun"
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is what it sounds like to me.

It remains to be seen whether 1.6.5 will hit PTS before it hits Live, though.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that's how I'd read that.
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But there is a maintenance this Monday/Tuesday. Maybe we'll see 1.6 soon.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Guys look. They have only had like 9 months to work on this. Give em a break. (sarcasm if you dont recognize it)
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed they keep putting it off...................imo.
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is always a maintenance.

1.6 is not ready yet, pushing it out too early will cause issues. Especially AvA will be unplayable when the +100k hit bug hit live servers.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think they should hold up the entire patch because of some issue with pvp. They can work that out later. Most new people coming in wont be doing pvp for a long time.
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They still have several issues to work out. 1.6.4 just hit the PTS, so there's no way in hell it's going to go live on Monday. Maybe another week or two IF the current issues can be resolved.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go on PTS and you'll see that it isn't close to ready...would rather they keep pushing back a broken update than release it and then have hotfixes, etc. take up time...
    Edited by Zershar_Vemod on February 22, 2015 3:30PM
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphyel wrote: »

There is always a maintenance.

1.6 is not ready yet, pushing it out too early will cause issues. Especially AvA will be unplayable when the +100k hit bug hit live servers.

Not always. And they should release 1.6 in a few steps if you ask me. When you try to do such massive work in one step - it's always a disaster (like +100k hit in PvP).
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank Stendarr it's not .
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think they should hold up the entire patch because of some issue with pvp. They can work that out later. Most new people coming in wont be doing pvp for a long time.

What?

So you think it's okay to break an entire part of the game just to have it released? They can break PvE, even that would be bad, but breaking PvP when players are facing each others? Nope.

Even if the only 1.6 bug will be the +100k crits, it must be delayed until that is fixed.
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure. Why not?

Who cares about a bunch of existing players anyway, right? :p

Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Majic wrote: »
    Sure. Why not?

Who cares about a bunch of existing players anyway, right? :p

Have you seen the changes to the loyalty reward system? They dont care about us.
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on February 22, 2015 4:00PM
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank God. With issues like the ultimate generation buff not working half the time, 100% spell penetration, and there still being Sorc class balance concerns this patch simply needs more time. Whether a week extra is enough time remains to be seen, but it's better than launching in it's current state.
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The whole balance thing with Sorcs can be worked out after they put it on live servers too. I mean thats going to be an ongoing thing it could take a very long time to get things right. Class balance is a thing in all MMOs. If they delay 1.6 too long they will have to delay the relaunch. Thats some serious egg on their faces if this happens. So I dont know what they can do at this point.

My opinion was they tried to do too much in 1.6. Instead of working on core systems they try adding all this other stuff. Now I think its just such a huge mess there may be no fixing it. Do you see them delaying the relaunch? I dont.
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt that one week more will seriously change the overall situation :sunglasses:
    Edited by Thavie on February 22, 2015 4:06PM
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole balance thing with Sorcs can be worked out after they put it on live servers too. I mean thats going to be an ongoing thing it could take a very long time to get things right. Class balance is a thing in all MMOs. If they delay 1.6 too long they will have to delay the relaunch. Thats some serious egg on their faces if this happens. So I dont know what they can do at this point.

My opinion was they tried to do too much in 1.6. Instead of working on core systems they try adding all this other stuff. Now I think its just such a huge mess there may be no fixing it. Do you see them delaying the relaunch? I dont.

Overall I tend to agree, but an extra week could help close the gap between Sorcs and the other classes. Which don't get me wrong isn't nearly what the PTS forum whine would have you believe, but it is still a concern.

However they have until March 17th to deploy this patch, it makes more sense to take all the time they can to iron issues out before that date than it does to rush out a broken mess of a patch and botch their second chance on PC.

NerdSauce Gaming

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they are pretty much done with balance changes in 1.6 and will focus on critical bug fixes. As Gina said, they will let us know what their plans are for Sorcerers. This tells me that the class is where they are OK with it for this Update, but they are continuing to evaluate the class. I think that the Spell Crafting system is what they are looking at. If that is the case, they need to decide if they should leave Sorcerers as they are or give them a temporary buff until they can be fully functional.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think they are pretty much done with balance changes in 1.6 and will focus on critical bug fixes. As Gina said, they will let us know what their plans are for Sorcerers. This tells me that the class is where they are OK with it for this Update, but they are continuing to evaluate the class. I think that the Spell Crafting system is what they are looking at. If that is the case, they need to decide if they should leave Sorcerers as they are or give them a temporary buff until they can be fully functional.

Gina just stated in a spellcrafting post a couple of days ago that it is on the backburner and not even close to being considered at this point.
    Edited by dharbert on February 22, 2015 4:27PM
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well i subbed due to 1.6 coming out but i`m losing interest seeing how they broke sorcs(the surge cd makes surge unusable with any kind of dot or even destro staff) and can`t even launch this on time...

Most of the people in my ex guild are either on the PTS or playing something else while waiting for 1.6... don`t think its long before they lose a lot of people who will simply find another game to play for a while.

Given how slow they move i doubt one week will change anything bug wise, sure some will be fixed but others will be added...

As for balance, its been close to a year and things have improved but not that much... doubt one week can make a difference. It would with a proper gamer balancing things but they use a developer who is clearly in over his head so he is just changing stuff around without understanding the class and this in turn breaks more things than it fixes.

Just fix what you can, make a last small balance pass and launch it, at least you will get people playing on live again.
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The maintenance will be the last one in preparation for 1.6 on live..so expect it first week in March and not in Feb.
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The spell crafting system is not being worked on and will not get here until 2016... with the state sorcerers are in right now(not even talking about dps, talking about the hit to survivability with both Surge AND Light Armor nerfs) most will leave or level a new class.

MMO`s today have a little time to fix the class they ruined before people leave... there are so many games to play nobody except the very very loyal fans will stick with it. This was clearly seen when the initial imbalance made the game not so fun even frustrating for some, they fixed it some by tweaking the VR levels/npc`s but it was too late to actually save the subscription numbers.

Now they have a second chance.... but i fear its the same people doing the same mistakes. I see a lot less mistakes given how the game also got 1 year worth of content/fixes added... but they went too hard on the magicka builds making their armor give almost no mitigation(5% physical and 8% magical from my tests) and they now also do 20% to 40% less dps than their physical damage counterparts.

This will get a lot of people to leave when they figure out that their magical user(not only sorcs) now has no mitigation and a lot less damage... while the NPC`s gained resistances and are tougher. This will lead to the balance being like it was at launch for people with no Champion points... the new players that ZOS should aim to keep. So they will do what the others did... leave.

But by all means, repeat the mistakes, see if you get a different result now. :wink:
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /sigh... bored as hell with live...
  • NukeAllTheThings
    NukeAllTheThings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is going to miss an a target....again? And some people seem to be surprised. I guess it is better than my prediction of them just throwing a broken update out there like they have in the past.

It is sad that this company seems to be severely lacking in leadership and internal controls. Over promise and under deliver is not a good reputation to create. The bright side is that I will be able to continue upgrading stamina on my fleet of horses.
    "it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days." - Matt Firor
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reykice wrote: »

The spell crafting system is not being worked on and will not get here until 2016... with the state sorcerers are in right now(not even talking about dps, talking about the hit to survivability with both Surge AND Light Armor nerfs) most will leave or level a new class.
    Sorcerers are DAMN good in Cyrodiil. 9k*5 mines on 3600cp toons anyone? Do you guys use mines in PvE? If not, why the hell not? They may be the answer to all you problems.

Right now the meta for sorcerers in Cyrodiil is spam shield > stand on mines >profit.
    Edited by TheBull on February 22, 2015 5:00PM
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So an audio bug is what they hang the delay on? I call this chicken poop (rated K for kittens). But I'm so glad it's delayed, if it is in fact.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh, an audio bug? Not the massive damage we can do? Or balancing issues that everyone keeps bringing up? Or all the animation bugs? Or the oddities of buffs?
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    Heh, an audio bug? Not the massive damage we can do? Or balancing issues that everyone keeps bringing up? Or all the animation bugs? Or the oddities of buffs?
    I don't think the massive dmg bug is still happening on PTS. I did not see it yesterday. The unable to build ult bug is still around though...
    Edited by TheBull on February 22, 2015 5:08PM
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reykice wrote: »

Surge is definitely still a concern, no doubt. On the other hand, everyone has been clamoring for a light armor survivability nerf since launch and it's not a Sorc nerf, period; it's a nerf to any build(s) that used light armor(a large majority). That being said light armor's offensive boons need to be brought in line with the drop in survivability. Light armor needs to embody the glass cannon now.

Also as a takeaway after my experience with the Sorc on the PTS I am leveling one right now in preparation for when update 6 hits live.
    NerdSauce Gaming