The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

No 1.6 this Monday?..

• WhiskyBob
    WhiskyBob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are telling me they are about to push this abomination from PTS to live servers anytime soon I die inside.

I still need to gather two more freighters of plants for potion abuse.
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello there, folks! We wanted to pop in and confirm that 1.6 will not be coming to the NA and EU megaservers tomorrow. It will be our routine maintenance.

Its not coming tomorrow or this week?
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reykice wrote: »
    Hello there, folks! We wanted to pop in and confirm that 1.6 will not be coming to the NA and EU megaservers tomorrow. It will be our routine maintenance.

We won't get the 1.6 update until at least the first week of March.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dharbert wrote: »

Thats not what they have been saying. They say they are still aiming for this coming week.
  • Xiroku
    Xiroku
    ✭✭✭

Excellent news for me. I would very much like to get my new computer before 1.6 is released...so much stuff to redownload...
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since there is no 1.6 Monday can we please get NA copy to PTS on Tuesday even if 1.6.5 doesn't hit?
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Soooo....it's coming WHEN in February???
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

Soooo....it's coming WHEN in February???

the 29th in there books
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • SG_Celerrimus
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, when is it coming out? Super excited for this update!
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jesus H, people, enough with the same question over and over. When they have a set date for 1.6, they will let us know.
  • EsORising
    EsORising
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]

This will get a lot of people to leave when they figure out that their magical user(not only sorcs) now has no mitigation and a lot less damage... while the NPC`s gained resistances and are tougher. This will lead to the balance being like it was at launch for people with no Champion points... the new players that ZOS should aim to keep. So they will do what the others did... leave.

But by all means, repeat the mistakes, see if you get a different result now. :wink: [/quote]

No offense just my opinion: I don't know about you but I was grinding 12+ zombies at a time in cold harbor with staff and skirt and the number of mobs grinded was only capped by the other mobs being to far to pull. A little balance is called for don't you think? I'm sure the new guys will do just fine.
  • Maximis_ESO
    Maximis_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So if it isn't coming out Monday..... it has to come out this week. As they have been saying for a long time now it will launch in February.... this is the last week. But who knows, ZOS loves to say one thing and do another.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zavus wrote: »
    Hopefully gets pushed back till 2020

You want this game to fail THAT badly?
  • jeevin
    jeevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if it isn't coming out Monday..... it has to come out this week. As they have been saying for a long time now it will launch in February.... this is the last week. But who knows, ZOS loves to say one thing and do another.

I wouldn't bank on it coming next week as it looks like it's way off being ready. Zeni's main priority now should be getting the game ready for the Tamriel Unlimited rebrand and the cash store implementation. So we pc players can be the test bunnies for the console launch that comes later in the year.
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    audio issues, ulti regen issues, sorc issues, 100% spell pen issues.....I applaud ZoS for waiting.
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »

You must not understand just how bad the PvP meta in 1.6 is.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »

I think it's pretty damn solid. About the only people complaining are DKs in skirts. Oh that's a lot of people...
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »

I think it's pretty damn solid. About the only people complaining are DKs in skirts. Oh that's a lot of people...

I don't think it's just DK's that are noticing that the shield and resource stacking meta is just awful. Also, stamina builds are out of control at the moment. Damage is still gushing everywhere in Cyrodiil.
    Edited by Lionxoft on February 23, 2015 6:27AM
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They said "last week of February" and they've applied updates on Thursdays/Fridays in the past so you're quite possibly wrong.

IMO they've backed themselves into a corner, they MUST release is this week, to give themselves two weeks to clean up the mess it'll inevitably create (in line with all the "we broke something that was fine before" episodes from previous updates) before March 17th.
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »

I think it's pretty damn solid. About the only people complaining are DKs in skirts in PVP. Oh that's a lot of not many people...
    FTFY

Edited by Kragorn on February 23, 2015 7:30AM
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO they've backed themselves into a corner, they MUST release is this week, to give themselves two weeks to clean up the mess it'll inevitably create (in line with all the "we broke something that was fine before" episodes from previous updates) before March 17th.
    Fully agree!
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kragorn wrote: »

They said "last week of February" and they've applied updates on Thursdays/Fridays in the past so you're quite possibly wrong.

Except they've already said it'll be NeXT week,
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Confirmed . . . 1.6 hits live Monday . . .
  • Keepercraft
    Keepercraft
    ✭✭✭
    Patch 1.6 : {when?, why?, what?}
    we_need_more_cheese_by_sweethearted_sadist-d5wvpsp.png
    Still waiting for Sithis.
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the German section there's one dev response saying that there's a chance 1.6 will go live in the first week of March rather than this week, because of the audio bug. Would be kinda nice if @ZOS could make that information available in the English speaking forum too.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't even decide if agree or awesome more. ^^
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    Seraphyel wrote: »
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    The biggest concern here is Update 6 is basically rewriting the game. It's almost on the scale of the FFXIV rewrite. Rushing this out because they had a deadline of 2/23 seems like a bad idea. Very bad idea. There are other concerns with how PR has gone, but that's not something I'll bring up here.

What?

You seem to have no clue what Final Fantasy XIV did when you say that 1.6 is something like "A Realm Reborn". 1.6 is maybe 1/10th of what SquareEnix did with ARR.

1.6 is not that monster of a patch so many say. To increase all numbers x10 or to tweak systems is nothing special. Champion and Justice Systems, yes, that's something considerable, but the other things are normal patch content.

SE changed the entire game with ARR. And most important part: they added huge amounts of content. 1.6 has literally no content.

But you are right: they shouldn't rush anything. Release was rushed and it ended in a disaster, the deployment of 1.6 must work properly.

Having played FFXIV, I do have a clue. It's almost on scale. Not quite, and I wasn't talking about the content/dungeon maps. I was strictly talking about game balance. I will say, "increasing numbers x10" isn't simple. The game has to be re-balanced. From a coding/game design perspective, this could be a lot of work. And given how the PTS patches have been going, it's not something that was simple to track down. PTS was just updated with 1.6.4, we're no way near putting that on the live instances.

If you played FFXIV, how can you compare them?

To be honest, FF XIV was awful. It has nearly no MMORPG components in it, quests were missing, there was literally nothing in the world. SE had to redo nearly everything.

ESO 1.0 was not awful but it wasn't good either. It was just a mediocre game and with 1.6 it's still the mediocre MMORPG. Nothing special about it.

What Zenimax did wrong for 3-4 years can't be improved within months. SE needed at least 2 years to repair their game and make it shine again (and remember, FF XIV was offline for months due to the restructuring). 1.6 is just a bigger patch than the other ones. The biggest issue with 1.6 is the missing content, that makes the patch look quite... empty. Sure the game needs balancing and tweaking, but 1.6 doesn't justify a "rebranding". VR is still there, clunky combat is still there, no content... good on one side, bland on the other. I like 1.6 but it's not some kind of Messiah for ESO.
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats not what they have been saying. They say they are still aiming for this coming week.

They may have ended up changing that decision because of massive bugs that have prevented people from really testing the patch. Quite frankly I would be relieved if the patch is released on the second week of march.
  • xarguideb17_ESO
    xarguideb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Update 6 gets delayed - nothing new.
    Last year they promised update 6 for 2015 January. Or even better, when you recall, they promised regular new content to hit live every 4-6 weeks. We can see how that has worked out. Even update 5 was nowhere near ready 6 weeks after update 4.

There is no point to whine about the delay. The best you can do is go on PTS, play, report bugs, so ZOS can fix them faster and do the release sooner.

Update 6 is big mechanics-wise. They had to change and re-balance all (or most) of the spells. It was not just multiplying everything with 10.
    Then they had to change and re-balance everything again for champion system. That's a lot of re-balancing. Of course they don't get everything done right so fast especially after their layoffs last year.

Light armor nerf was long overdue. You don't go tanking in a dress! Even as a sorc, no-one is stopping you from wearing something else than 7x light armor.

Balance has changed. Re-think your build, gear and tactics. Adapt or die or be casual.
  • skillastat
    skillastat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont think they should hold up the entire patch because of some issue with pvp. They can work that out later. Most new people coming in wont be doing pvp for a long time.

you are wrong sir.

I'm a PvPer mostly and I know a lot of people who are.
    (PC NA)
    -Saulo Stamina Sorcerer
    -skillastat Stamina Nightblade
    -a blade spirit Stamina Templar
    -Ultima Online I Magicka Dragonknight
    -'Solo DC* Stamina Sorcerer
    -'Ultima Online Stamina Dragonknight
    -Nerd Dk Tank Dragonknight
    -Solochi Magicka Sorcerer
    -Solo Lucci Magicka Nightblade
    -Sølomon Magicka Warden

*All characters are EP, except for one DC.

French Canadian!