The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Litany of Blood (achievement guide)

Saturn
Saturn
✭✭✭✭✭
Thanks to @Sharpe.Benjamin, @ZeroIndex and @Kim.k for helping me along the way.

*This achievement guide won't be relevant until the Dark Brotherhood is on Live, but I will post it here anyway for those interested in doing it on the PTS.*

The bug with incorrect alternative targets has been fixed and is no longer and issue. Therefore I have removed these names from the list below.

Rewards for completing this achievement are:
- "Executioner" title
- "Cadaverous Assassin" polymorph

Here are some hints (if you don't want a full guide):
- All targets must be killed using the Blade of Woe, otherwise they won't count.
- The clues in the Litany of Blood are not literal, they have to be interpreted.
- The target will be within the city it is assigned to in the Litany.
- "You will know them by their eye." All targets will have one white eye, this is the dead giveaway you should be looking for once you find a target that matches the clues (the eye is harder to notice on Khajiiti and Argonians).

Here is the entire text from the Litany of Blood (thanks to @Coolio_Wolfus for providing this to me):
Litany of Blood
A chant to the Night Mother Woe unto they, Night Mother, those born to Anu.
From beyond death's prison, I offer those who meet my unshriven gaze with your blade's cold caress.
You will know them by their eye.
Prey to thee, Dread Father, those born to Anu.
From Skywatch, I offer she who reflects the heavens in her gaze and dress, drifting from dance to dance.
From Elden Root, I offer he who is as aged and gnarled as the trees, his back bowed but not bent.
From Marbruk, I offer she who surveys the market beneath an auburn veil and keeps silver close to her heart.
From Vulkwasten, I offer she who sweeps away the seasons with straw and the swish of her tail.
From Rawl'kha, I offer he who clothes his stripes of brown with stripes of gold.
From Davon's Watch, I offer he who is silver, ash, and fire, draped in copper filigree.
From Mournhold, I offer she who marches beneath a red crest and wields winding steel.
From Stormhold, I offer she who is caked in mud but wears a halo of bone, bright and untouched by mire.
From Windhelm, I offer she who bears time at her waist, but for whom age has not robbed her golden crown.
From Riften, I offer he whose arms are coiled and stained with the ink and weeds of the sea.
From Daggerfall, I offer he whose dress is as cool as his demeanor and pate as barren as his heart.
From Wayrest, I offer she who peers from behind a crimson curtain and marred her face to hide her nature.
From Shornhelm, I offer she who greets death as a sister, her smile joyless and unflinching.
From Sentinel, I offer he who leaves a trail of neat black ropes dangling over a golden cage.
From Evermore, I offer she whose heart bears many scars, but does not fear to wear them proudly.

Here is the video guide:
Full list of the names of all Targets.
  • Cimalire (Skywatch)
  • Dirdelas (Elden Root)
  • Calareth (Marbruk)
  • Sihada (Vulkwasten)
  • Dablir (Rawl'Kha)
  • Dinor Girano (Davon's Watch)
  • Cindiri Malas (Mournhold)
  • Gideelar (Stormhold)
  • Hakida (Windhelm)
  • Eldfyr (Riften)
  • Cesarel Hedier (Dagerfall)
  • Alix Edette (Wayrest)
  • Bulag (Shornhelm)
  • Ebrayd (Sentinel)
  • Berea (Evermore)

Here is a picture of what the Cadaverous Assassin polymorph looks like:
1huqayp7voju.png
Edited by Saturn on June 7, 2016 2:48PM
"Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks.

Wow, you've been busy. :p
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Thanks.

Wow, you've been busy. :p

I can't help it, Code. I love these kind of things >.<

Fire and Ice
  • Aleraon
    Aleraon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wish I could test it but none of the template characters have wayshrines unlocked hehe. nice guide though and thanks for posting :smile:
    (EU/AD) CP501 Razum-dah - Khajiiti Templar Healer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'Kara Silverclaw - Khajiiti Dragonknight tank
    (EU/AD) CP501 Rajhiin - Khajiiti stamina Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Draven Corvillian - Breton magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Sinderian Nightflame - High Elf magicka sorcerer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'zargo Silverclaw - Khajiit stamina Templar
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ariella Nightshade - High Elf Magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ri'shada - Khajiit Stamina Sorcerer
    (EU/AD) LVL29 Valeon Indoril - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight
    *The Queen stole this one's moonsugar candies lol*
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that targets change name and even appearance sometimes when they re-spawn below are the names i noticed.
    • Alcewae or Cimalire (Skywatch)
    • Dirdelas or Glonuin (Elden Root)
    • Samoril or Calareth (Marbruk)
    • Maedali or Sihada (Vulkwasten)
    • Hadamri or Dablir (Rawl'Kha)
    • Dinor Girano or Gaden Maryon (Davon's Watch)
    • Cindiri Malas or Favela Doren (Mournhold)
    • Gideelar or Ahkoeen (Stormhold)
    • Hakida or Roreka (Windhelm)
    • Eldfyr or Honthod (Riften)
    • Cesarel Hedier or Gepard Macile (Dagerfall)
    • Alix Edette or Fabrice Maric (Wayrest)
    • Bulag or Lashat (Shornhelm)
    • Ebrayd or Jagoud (Sentinel)
    • Berea or Habena (Evermore)

Maybe its a bug maybe its intended i don't know but here is the list and i hope it helps you guys.

Edited by Ra'Shtar on April 30, 2016 6:54AM
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I put up a guide on this to but it turns out the spawns are random xD
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    I can confirm that targets change name and even appearance sometimes when they re-spawn below are the names i noticed.
    • Alcewae or Cimalire (Skywatch)
    • Dirdelas or Glonuin (Elden Root)
    • Samoril or Calareth (Marbruk)
    • Maedali or Sihada (Vulkwasten)
    • Hadamri or Dablir (Rawl'Kha)
    • Dinor Girano or Gaden Maryon (Davon's Watch)
    • Cindiri Malas or Favela Doren (Mournhold)
    • Gideelar or Ahkoeen (Stormhold)
    • Hakida or Roreka (Windhelm)
    • Eldfyr or Honthod (Riften)
    • Cesarel Hedier or Gepard Macile (Dagerfall)
    • Alix Edette or Fabrice Maric (Wayrest)
    • Bulag or Lashat (Shornhelm)
    • Ebrayd or Jagoud (Sentinel)
    • Berea or Habena (Evermore)

Maybe its a bug maybe its intended i don't know but here is the list and i hope it helps you guys.

@Ra'Shtar
    Thank you for posting this. It must be a bug, since one of the appearances they will show up as does not have a white eye, which is supposed to be the ultimate hint to finding the target.

Perhaps @ZOS_GinaBruno can confirm or deny whether or not this is intentional.

If this is not a bug, then I will simply do an updated guide with both targets in a future video.

The corpses when you kill either of them will change name to the opposite person, which is kind of weird, but I also noticed that they instantly respawn in a set location after they are killed. If you go to the Litany room in the Sanctuary, the red soul echoes of your targets will be on display and some of them are clearly one of the two possible spawns, the most obvious one being Cindiri Malas, since she has a helm.
    Edited by Saturn on April 30, 2016 1:43PM

Fire and Ice
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajaxduo wrote: »

@Ajaxduo
    They aren't random, there are just two possible spawns. Though, I'm pretty sure this isn't intentional, since one of the two possible targets per zone have no white eye.

Fire and Ice
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »

@Ajaxduo
    They aren't random, there are just two possible spawns. Though, I'm pretty sure this isn't intentional, since one of the two possible targets per zone have no white eye.

I actually found three places where the one in Savon's Watch spawns so i'm guessing some of them have more than 2 spawns.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ajaxduo

I actually found three places where the one in Savon's Watch spawns so i'm guessing some of them have more than 2 spawns.

@Ra'Shtar
    I meant spawns as in appearances. Although I did notice one of the fake appearances kept respawning in the same place when I killed it, like instantly.
    Edited by Saturn on May 2, 2016 10:13PM

Fire and Ice
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ajaxduo

Do the variation with the white eye spawns again if you already killed it? Or only the variation without the white eye?

I wonder if the variation without the white eye counts for the achievement.

Maybe, the model #1 appears for someone who hadn't killed that particular target yet, but #2 appears for everyone that already did.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ajaxduo

I see ^^ it's odd because for me on my toons it's always been the same but it is different for others.
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...Is Xivkyn Dreadguard the only cool Polymorph this game is ever going to have? :/ /sigh
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Is Xivkyn Dreadguard the only cool Polymorph this game is ever going to have? :/ /sigh

I dunno about you but i prefer this one over the Xivkyn ones specially because on khajiits it looks like a cat skeleton.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dunno about you but i prefer this one over the Xivkyn ones specially because on khajiits it looks like a cat skeleton.

And on Argonians, like a lizard skeleton! I wish the regular skeleton polymorph was changed to work like this too.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

@Ajaxduo

Do the variation with the white eye spawns again if you already killed it? Or only the variation without the white eye?

I wonder if the variation without the white eye counts for the achievement.

Maybe, the model #1 appears for someone who hadn't killed that particular target yet, but #2 appears for everyone that already did.

@Abeille
    That is a good theory except I looked at the guide @Ajaxduo did and at least five of the names are different from mine. I know that most of my targets had white eyes, which I'm sure is the correct model.
    One thing to keep in mind is that the appearances only switch when you kill the original with the Blade of Woe. It seems the appearance then reset the next day, at least as far as I can tell.
    Edited by Saturn on May 1, 2016 8:05AM

Fire and Ice
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Khajiiti skeleton is so nice :3 It has a bone tail and a badass skull, I feel like it looks worst on normal humans, lol.

Fire and Ice
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    That is freaking awesomo. Great work!
    I also wanted to do it but then I realized that templates had no wayshrines xD
    Edited by Alcast on May 1, 2016 8:34AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• SarahTSax
    SarahTSax
    Am having the worst time finding the one in Shornhelm. Either name - can't find a juggler or anyone else. I've found a white-eyed GUY but he has a 'talk' icon so he's out on both counts. Any spawn ideas for them?
    Thanks
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SarahTSax wrote: »
    Am having the worst time finding the one in Shornhelm. Either name - can't find a juggler or anyone else. I've found a white-eyed GUY but he has a 'talk' icon so he's out on both counts. Any spawn ideas for them?
    Thanks

Near the traders by the gate.
  • SarahTSax
    SarahTSax
    Got it - thanks
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have added the list Ra'Shtar provided and organised it so that bold names are the Actual Targets and italic names are the Broken Targets.

The broken targets do not match the clues nor have the telltale sign. If you cannot find the actual target, then look for the broken target instead. The only similarities between the two is that the broken target will wear somewhat similar clothes.

Hopefully this achievement will be fixed, so lots of people will not be confused when they go looking for their targets.

Please @ZOS_GinaBruno have someone look into this bug, it is quite clearly not intentional.

Fire and Ice
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much, I managed to follow the Litany hints to get all but Wayrest. Convinced I had looked every female npc in the eye I came on here (actually was worried there might be a phasing issue since the premades haven't done any quests). I found Alix (black hair and no white eye) and killed her off and it was the wrong Alix lol. Make sure you look for Alix Edette specifically, who knew it was such a popular name.

I hope this is a bug with the two different npcs (perhaps one is ONLY supposed to spawn for the character after they have completed the Litany? so they don't see any white eye targets anymore?) because there is no way to tell which npcs are the ones preventing the spawn of the Litany target at least by looking at them. Really appreciate all the hard work!
    Edited by Mix on May 6, 2016 7:14PM
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    Thank you so much, I managed to follow the Litany hints to get all but Wayrest. Convinced I had looked every female npc in the eye I came on here (actually was worried there might be a phasing issue since the premades haven't done any quests). I found Alix (black hair and no white eye) and killed her off.

I hope this is a bug with the two different npcs (perhaps one is ONLY supposed to spawn for the character after they have completed the Litany? so they don't see any white eye targets anymore?) because there is no way to tell which npcs are the ones preventing the spawn of the Litany target at least by looking at them. Really appreciate all the hard work!

@Mix
    No the white-eyed individuals will still be there after you complete the litany. Sounds like it was a bug. The broken target in Wayrest has brown hair though. Might have been a texture bug though, if her hair was black. At any rate, this achievement is still pretty buggy. But ZOS have yet to acknowledge it. Hoping it is fixed soon.
    Edited by Saturn on May 6, 2016 7:15PM

Fire and Ice
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have updated this guide since the bug with every zone having two targets has been fixed today:

Quests & Zones
    Quests
    • Litany of Blood
      • Two Litany of Blood targets, located in Auridon and Reaper’s March, will now respawn faster and possibly in different locations.
      • All Litany of Blood targets will now always be named and dressed the same, regardless of whether you've already killed them.

I went on the PTS and checked, so I can confirm that this achievement and its targets now work as intended.

Fire and Ice
  • Faustes
    Faustes
    ✭✭✭
    Litany of Blood achievement guide: Wander around giant Audiron for 15 minutes, give up because the hints were useless, play a different game.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faustes wrote: »
    Litany of Blood achievement guide: Wander around giant Audiron for 15 minutes, give up because the hints were useless, play a different game.

Sometimes they are harder to find, that's the trouble that comes with a guide for a collectible that moves around an entire city. I can only help to a certain extent D:

Fire and Ice
  • Tess_Phyreforge
    Tess_Phyreforge
    ✭✭✭
    I have found these targets for Litany of Blood can be found in a few locations in the city, they do wonder as well. Seems they can spawn in different location depending on time of day in game, I've done this quest on 3 toons and most of the targets were found in different areas for all 3 toons. Good luck all
    Edited by Tess_Phyreforge on June 9, 2016 6:39PM
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crap guide. people don't look up guides to watch you kill a target. they want info. specifically usually some hint to where a specific target is located. for example where is the guy in elden root cause I have searched every where from throne room down to every little hut all over the area. your guide does not help because your guide sucks.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    crap guide. people don't look up guides to watch you kill a target. they want info. specifically usually some hint to where a specific target is located. for example where is the guy in elden root cause I have searched every where from throne room down to every little hut all over the area. your guide does not help because your guide sucks.

I don't think it's the guide that sucks. You get the essential information from the guide, i.e. the name and description of the target in each city. Saturn explained that listing all locations would make for an unwieldy video. I had no problem completing the achievement, and at least a third of my targets were not in the location on the video.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »

Most people have no trouble completing this achievement with this guide. It doesn't hold your hand, sure, but I also specifically stated that all the targets roam. If you have trouble finding a target it is not my fault. It would be a lot of work if I were to show every route, spawn location, etc. of every single target, and the nature of this collectible achievement and its randomness makes it hard to exactly pinpoint a target at any given time. I unfortunately don't have that much time to spend on making guides, but I do try my best to be helpful, which from the majority of the responses I have gotten has been the case.

Good luck with finding the targets you are missing. Also, had you simply asked for help I would have tried to be accomodating, but instead you chose to be rude.

Fire and Ice