The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.

Sorc Request

Valrien
Valrien
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Trade execute for spammable DPS ability?
Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • socks567
    socks567
    No.
    Options
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks.
    Options
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Darlon wrote: »
    No thanks.
    socks567 wrote: »
    No.

Reasons? It will give us far more options than the mediocre execute we have now.
    Options
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly Sorcerer needs a lot of buffs, in terms of raw damage we just do not compete with the other classes in the new Trial and even in old Trials other classes are ahead of Sorcs.

Will be interesting to see how the playing field changes with Dark Brotherhood. :).
    Options
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    Honestly Sorcerer needs a lot of buffs, in terms of raw damage we just do not compete with the other classes in the new Trial and even in old Trials other classes are ahead of Sorcs.

Will be interesting to see how the playing field changes with Dark Brotherhood. :).

Thank you, @Paulington.
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, switch one of the execute morph for a spammable close combat ability. A stamina one.
    Options
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup new trials, overload doesnt last long enough here, so thats counter NO Argument people :smiley:
    And without overload, a sorc is avg at most.
    Edited by Birdovic on April 25, 2016 5:42PM
    Options
  • socks567
    socks567
    A lot of burst down builds would be messed up. In cyrodil, my magic sorc does inevitable detination, curse, and mages wrath. The first two and a crystal frag will usually burst them down enough for execute to finish them off. I do, however, think there should be a spam able sorc ability, but it should not replace exicutionor
    Options
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    Yes, switch one of the execute morph for a spammable close combat ability. A stamina one.

Magicka needs one more.

Still, why not both?
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No sorcerers are the class that are the farthest class away from need any form of buffs.
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »
    Trade execute for spammable DPS ability?

Then can DKs get a execute back or more stamina skills ? No ? Alright sorcerers stay the same then.
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone needs a nerf, it is the sorcerer.
    Options
  • socks567
    socks567
    I don't know though, I'm only vet 7 on my magic sorc
    Options
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No sorcerers are the class that are the farthest class away from need any form of buffs.

Do you even PvE, bruh? Like seriously, Sorcs are so far behind the DPS curve it's not even funny.
    Options
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks.
    No.

Reasons? It will give us far more options than the mediocre execute we have now.

I wouldn't mind a spammable dps ability, and I agree sorc is lagging behind in numbers right now, but I rather not give up an execute to get it... I'd rather see another ability adjusted (curse maybe?)...
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you even PvE, bruh? Like seriously, Sorcs are so far behind the DPS curve it's not even funny.

Still bruh, how do they top every server VMA and almost every other leaderboard scores?
    Options
  • socks567
    socks567
    No thanks.
    No.

I wouldn't mind a spammable dps ability, and I agree sorc is lagging behind in numbers right now, but I rather not give up an execute to get it... I'd rather see another ability adjusted (curse maybe?)...
    Nah curse is op in pvp, maybe a mages guild skill so everyone could use it? Idk, I'm only a pvp perspective

Options
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    And some people complains that magsorcs are underpowered and hardened ward is weak, meh.

Who are these people? They need a proper slapping.

Tyrion_slaps_Joffrey.gif

Nice vid op :)
    Options
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

Still bruh, how do they top every server VMA and almost every other leaderboard scores?

Vma is made for sorcs with their shields etc... Still changes nothing to the fact that raw dps numbers are far behind...
    Options
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make the undaunted skill trapping webs on par with force pulse, problem solved.
    Options
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let's do a bit of explaining.

Sorcerers top vMA overall because they have good damage, mobility and survivability all in one package. In PvE we have instant-cast effective 25k heals (wards) and other such things that make the class a great all rounder.

However, this is only solo content. If you compare sorcerers in group content we lag behind, let's take my guild for example. Second boss in vMOL Magknights, Magplars and Magblades can all hit 36-40k DPS for the entire five minute fight. Sorcerers? We struggle to hit 30k and could possibly push out 32k if we get lucky with sustain.

Last boss vMOL, the same is true again. As it is with the first boss. Even in older Trials we now have Magplars pulling 50k+ DPS on the second boss in AA which was once only confined to Sorcerers and we're even being beaten by some classes pulling 60k on that fight.

In group PvE content, sorcerers are underwhelming and lacklustre. We have three abilities we actually use from our class if you don't count ultimates and the rest are toggles/buffs/non-class skills. We have no spammable DPS ability, our execute is weak, we don't even have the luxury of just spamming overload light attacks now because other classes can and do out-DPS that. We have no real group utility outside of minor prophecy and that's it.

I suppose the best way I can put it is that if I were making a new group to do vMOL today, I would only put one sorcerer in it and only due to minor prophecy and last boss backyard.

We may be the best in solo PvE, but in group content we need some form of damage increase.
    Options
  • LizardThixvim
    LizardThixvim
    ✭✭✭
    want to know how to get top dps as sorc?

Its easy!

1) stack spell damage as high as you can

2) spam overload

3) 40k dps
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are nonexistent on NA vMoL leaderboard at least since the last time I checked.

Sorc is definitely behind as far as sustained DPS is concerned, but as someone who mains Magicka sorc in PvP and PvE, this doesn't bother me too much. Sorcs excel in other areas, such as solo PvE (read vMA), and small scale PvP. I might be in the minority here, but I like classes being better at certain things than other classes as it gives them more identity. Its not the form of balance most people talk about (which is all classes being equally good at everything), but it is balance. My sorc will never reach the levels of my DK tank, and would never be as good as a templar healer, or as good a DPS as any other magicka DPS spec (and possibly stam DK), but they will never be as good at vMA, and are weaker in small scale PvP. Balance? idk, maybe I'm crazy.

Regarding the actual topic, I really like my execute for PvP, as it allows me to load enemies with burst damage in advance. If sorcs are to get a class spam, it should not replace our execute. Maybe something useless like dark conversion.
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    want to know how to get top dps as sorc?

Its easy!

1) stack spell damage as high as you can

2) spam overload

3) 40k dps

Please read post above you @Casts_Many_Heals
    Options
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They are nonexistent on NA vMoL leaderboard at least since the last time I checked.

Sorc is definitely behind as far as sustained DPS is concerned, but as someone who mains Magicka sorc in PvP and PvE, this doesn't bother me too much. Sorcs excel in other areas, such as solo PvE (read vMA), and small scale PvP. I might be in the minority here, but I like classes being better at certain things than other classes as it gives them more identity. Its not the form of balance most people talk about (which is all classes being equally good at everything), but it is balance. My sorc will never reach the levels of my DK tank, and would never be as good as a templar healer, or as good a DPS as any other magicka DPS spec (and possibly stam DK), but they will never be as good at vMA, and are weaker in small scale PvP. Balance? idk, maybe I'm crazy.

Regarding the actual topic, I really like my execute for PvP, as it allows me to load enemies with burst damage in advance. If sorcs are to get a class spam, it should not replace our execute. Maybe something useless like dark conversion.

I'd be okay with Rune Prison being a spam...literally no one uses that.
    Options
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Spam new mines they activates instantly -_-
    Sorcs are OP, if you want to ask for more DPS, you must give something in return, e.g. burst DPS.
    Options
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sorcs are OP, if you want to ask for more DPS, you must give something in return, e.g. burst DPS.

Really don't care about my burst DPS. I don't agree with the sentiment that they are OP, and I laugh in your face if you believe mines is somehow a viable spammable DPS ability for environments like MoL.
    Options
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really don't care about my burst DPS. I don't agree with the sentiment that they are OP, and I laugh in your face if you believe mines is somehow a viable spammable DPS ability for environments like MoL.
    So, ask for "replace crystal fragments with spammable 33% damage frags without CC", not for "get one of 3 executes and give me ridiculous amount of burst DPS which i don't really care about".

Whining is your choice, but what about thinking at least 1 step ahead?
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on April 25, 2016 6:12PM
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can boost disintegrate passive (but dangerous in pvp), or give to liquid lightning an increased tick around time. They are plenty of way to boost magicka sorc dps, and some are compatible with pvp.
    But really, stamsorc need something huge too. Can't wait for the patch note.
    Options
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So, ask for "replace crystal fragments with spammable 33% damage frags without CC", not for "get one of 3 executes and give me ridiculous amount of burst DPS which i don't really care about".

Whining is your choice, but what about thinking at least 1 step ahead?

Not really whining. I made a request and backing my request up with my reasons. It's possible to buff DPS by other means but the execute is already pretty weak so it's not as it the Sorcerer's losing much by changing the skill.
    Options