Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »
    susmitds wrote: »
    Paulington wrote: »
    Honestly Sorcerer needs a lot of buffs, in terms of raw damage we just do not compete with the other classes in the new Trial and even in old Trials other classes are ahead of Sorcs.

Will be interesting to see how the playing field changes with Dark Brotherhood. :).

No sorcerers are the class that are the farthest class away from need any form of buffs.

Do you even PvE, bruh? Like seriously, Sorcs are so far behind the DPS curve it's not even funny.

Still bruh, how do they top every server VMA and almost every other leaderboard scores?

They are nonexistent on NA vMoL leaderboard at least since the last time I checked.

Sorc is definitely behind as far as sustained DPS is concerned, but as someone who mains Magicka sorc in PvP and PvE, this doesn't bother me too much. Sorcs excel in other areas, such as solo PvE (read vMA), and small scale PvP. I might be in the minority here, but I like classes being better at certain things than other classes as it gives them more identity. Its not the form of balance most people talk about (which is all classes being equally good at everything), but it is balance. My sorc will never reach the levels of my DK tank, and would never be as good as a templar healer, or as good a DPS as any other magicka DPS spec (and possibly stam DK), but they will never be as good at vMA, and are weaker in small scale PvP. Balance? idk, maybe I'm crazy.

Regarding the actual topic, I really like my execute for PvP, as it allows me to load enemies with burst damage in advance. If sorcs are to get a class spam, it should not replace our execute. Maybe something useless like dark conversion.

I'd be okay with Rune Prison being a spam...literally no one uses that.
    Spam new mines they activates instantly -_-
    Sorcs are OP, if you want to ask for more DPS, you must give something in return, e.g. burst DPS.

Lol, those things cost a *** ton and elemental drain will not return magicka on them. You would be out in 10 seconds in vMoL.
    Oh crap.
    Did you even try to do something by yourself but not using 'standard meta'? Want more PVE DPS - use freaking dot's, wear scoria, spam force pulse+med/light attack weaving, add barahra curse set. there is a lot of options, and if you can't figure out what options does game provide by yourself - look for other classes builds.

Skoria is horrible for Sorcs, try Nerien'eth. We don't have many options for DoTs (we have 2, 3 if we can afford to be up close). Bahraha's Curse is horrible compared to other DPS sets.

Spamming Force Pulse while weaving? Genius idea, never thought about it... /sarcasm

When's the last time you seriously tried PvE? i.e., AA/HR/SO leaderboard runs, vMoL, etc.,.
    There's no classes which have huge number of dot's.
    What dot's sorc can use: curse, lightning form, lightning splash, magicka det, wall of elements, trapping webs, entropy, trapping webs, necrotic orb, consuming trap

"is horrible" yeah, right, it just procs 100% of times, when you weave light+pusle/crush shock, deals tons of damage in small time, automatically disappears when target dies and reprocs on another target.

Scoria is well enough to get all the time procs with 3-4 active dot's in pve that's easy.

Synergy what already said with sorc damage stacking and you'll get a lot of dps just by refreshing dot's. But you won't do that because asking for buff is easier, right?

Let's go through what the average PvE sorc has on their bars:
    Bound Aegis, Inner Light (all 3 bars, 2 slots gone...limits sorcs to 3 skills per bar)
    Force Pulse (damage filler, pretty much the only option)
    Frags (supplemental DPS, I usually take it off for Pulsar for vMoL)
    Elemental Blockade (best AoE DoT, mandatory for magicka DPS)
    Liquid Lightning (2nd best AoE DoT, pretty much on-par with Blockade)
    Boundless Storm (often a flexible slot)
    Mages' Wrath (Execute, better than nothing...but still kind of mediocre)
    Shooting Star (awesome)
    Overload (It's okay, I guess. Good for vMA)

Now, let's see what's wrong with your other suggestions:
    Prox Det (not a "main" DoT, but in vMoL I often switch out Boundless for it so it's pretty good)
    Entropy (long animation, hard to cancel, overall DPS loss)
    Trapping Webs (meh)
    Necrotic Orb (you're kidding, right? That's a healer skill)
    Consuming Trap (seriously? I feel like you're just trolling now)

Most of those skills you listed are quite simply a DPS loss. I really don't know how you can even consider those DPS skills. I'm guessing you pull 10k DPS or so?
    Necrotic Orb is area dot, you can morh it to hot
    Consuming trap is a not so much dps but 7% of all resource return is a good trade

Main idea of dot's - just refresh, watch how scoria procs all the time, and spam 1 ability with med/light weaving, i do not recommend any of skill specifically i just listed number of them in response to "sorcs does not have dot's"

Consuming trap is just... lol. I'm pretty sure we all understand what DoTs are here, but sorcerers do not run enough DoTs to merit running Skoria. Sure, you could lose toggles, frags, etc, but then you are losing out significantly on DPS just to boost Skoria's DPS.
    in group PVE you basically don't need much survivability and mobility, trade this without dropping frags

Edited by Sugaroverdose on April 25, 2016 7:21PM
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Paulington wrote: »
    Honestly Sorcerer needs a lot of buffs, in terms of raw damage we just do not compete with the other classes in the new Trial and even in old Trials other classes are ahead of Sorcs.

Will be interesting to see how the playing field changes with Dark Brotherhood. :).

No sorcerers are the class that are the farthest class away from need any form of buffs.

Do you even PvE, bruh? Like seriously, Sorcs are so far behind the DPS curve it's not even funny.

Still bruh, how do they top every server VMA and almost every other leaderboard scores?

They are nonexistent on NA vMoL leaderboard at least since the last time I checked.

Sorc is definitely behind as far as sustained DPS is concerned, but as someone who mains Magicka sorc in PvP and PvE, this doesn't bother me too much. Sorcs excel in other areas, such as solo PvE (read vMA), and small scale PvP. I might be in the minority here, but I like classes being better at certain things than other classes as it gives them more identity. Its not the form of balance most people talk about (which is all classes being equally good at everything), but it is balance. My sorc will never reach the levels of my DK tank, and would never be as good as a templar healer, or as good a DPS as any other magicka DPS spec (and possibly stam DK), but they will never be as good at vMA, and are weaker in small scale PvP. Balance? idk, maybe I'm crazy.

Regarding the actual topic, I really like my execute for PvP, as it allows me to load enemies with burst damage in advance. If sorcs are to get a class spam, it should not replace our execute. Maybe something useless like dark conversion.

I'd be okay with Rune Prison being a spam...literally no one uses that.
    Spam new mines they activates instantly -_-
    Sorcs are OP, if you want to ask for more DPS, you must give something in return, e.g. burst DPS.

Lol, those things cost a *** ton and elemental drain will not return magicka on them. You would be out in 10 seconds in vMoL.
    Oh crap.
    Did you even try to do something by yourself but not using 'standard meta'? Want more PVE DPS - use freaking dot's, wear scoria, spam force pulse+med/light attack weaving, add barahra curse set. there is a lot of options, and if you can't figure out what options does game provide by yourself - look for other classes builds.

Skoria is horrible for Sorcs, try Nerien'eth. We don't have many options for DoTs (we have 2, 3 if we can afford to be up close). Bahraha's Curse is horrible compared to other DPS sets.

Spamming Force Pulse while weaving? Genius idea, never thought about it... /sarcasm

When's the last time you seriously tried PvE? i.e., AA/HR/SO leaderboard runs, vMoL, etc.,.
    There's no classes which have huge number of dot's.
    What dot's sorc can use: curse, lightning form, lightning splash, magicka det, wall of elements, trapping webs, entropy, trapping webs, necrotic orb, consuming trap

"is horrible" yeah, right, it just procs 100% of times, when you weave light+pusle/crush shock, deals tons of damage in small time, automatically disappears when target dies and reprocs on another target.

Scoria is well enough to get all the time procs with 3-4 active dot's in pve that's easy.

Synergy what already said with sorc damage stacking and you'll get a lot of dps just by refreshing dot's. But you won't do that because asking for buff is easier, right?

Let's go through what the average PvE sorc has on their bars:
    Bound Aegis, Inner Light (all 3 bars, 2 slots gone...limits sorcs to 3 skills per bar)
    Force Pulse (damage filler, pretty much the only option)
    Frags (supplemental DPS, I usually take it off for Pulsar for vMoL)
    Elemental Blockade (best AoE DoT, mandatory for magicka DPS)
    Liquid Lightning (2nd best AoE DoT, pretty much on-par with Blockade)
    Boundless Storm (often a flexible slot)
    Mages' Wrath (Execute, better than nothing...but still kind of mediocre)
    Shooting Star (awesome)
    Overload (It's okay, I guess. Good for vMA)

Now, let's see what's wrong with your other suggestions:
    Prox Det (not a "main" DoT, but in vMoL I often switch out Boundless for it so it's pretty good)
    Entropy (long animation, hard to cancel, overall DPS loss)
    Trapping Webs (meh)
    Necrotic Orb (you're kidding, right? That's a healer skill)
    Consuming Trap (seriously? I feel like you're just trolling now)

Most of those skills you listed are quite simply a DPS loss. I really don't know how you can even consider those DPS skills. I'm guessing you pull 10k DPS or so?
    Necrotic Orb is area dot, you can morh it to hot
    Consuming trap is a not so much dps but 7% of all resource return is a good trade

Main idea of dot's - just refresh, watch how scoria procs all the time, and spam 1 ability with med/light weaving, i do not recommend any of skill specifically i just listed number of them in response to "sorcs does not have dot's"

Consuming trap is just... lol. I'm pretty sure we all understand what DoTs are here, but sorcerers do not run enough DoTs to merit running Skoria. Sure, you could lose toggles, frags, etc, but then you are losing out significantly on DPS just to boost Skoria's DPS.
    in group PVE you basically don't need much survivability and mobility, trade this without dropping frags

Typical sorcerer DPS bars:
    Staff: Force Pulse, Crystal Fragments, Blockade of Fire, Bound Aegis, Inner Light, Shooting Star
    DW: Endless Fury, Rearming Trap/Proxy/Boundless Storm, Liquid Lightning, Bound Aegis, Inner Light, Power Overload

Sometimes there are some minor variations, but this is usually what sorcs run for DPS in PvE. Explain where on my bars any of the skills you mentioned would provide a DPS increase.
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trade execute for spammable DPS ability?

Pls no, mages wrath is my fave sorc skill, I love it. Hands off defensive rune too. Sorcs do burst better than any class which makes them good at pvp, I believe giving them a spammable dps ability is unnecessary. If force pulse is good enough for the magicka DKs in pve then it's good enough for sorcs.
    PC | EU
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trade execute for spammable DPS ability?

Pls no, mages wrath is my fave sorc skill, I love it. Hands off defensive rune too. Sorcs do burst better than any class which makes them good at pvp, I believe giving them a spammable dps ability is unnecessary. If force pulse is good enough for the magicka DKs in pve then it's good enough for sorcs.

Magicka DKs in PvE use force pulse only for vMA. They use whip for DPSing 99% of group content. Agree that endless fury and both morphs of rune should be left alone.

I believe I have a good solution for improving sorc sustained DPS with a spammable IF sorcs were to get a spammable (though I personally do not believe we should get one). Significantly increase the initial damage of the mages wrath morph and give it a small low HP bonus, meaning that it becomes an execute at low HP. Damage at low HP should remain the same as it is currently. This also frees up the slot where we normally run mages wrath, allowing us to run another damaging skill, further increasing sustained PvE DPS. Endless fury remains the same and so one morph of the skill still functions the way it currently does in PvP.
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • socks567
    socks567
    Have you guys seen the patch notes? RIP shield stackers :(
    Options
  • Hamrb
    Hamrb