Sorc Request

• lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »
    susmitds wrote: »
    Paulington wrote: »
    Honestly Sorcerer needs a lot of buffs, in terms of raw damage we just do not compete with the other classes in the new Trial and even in old Trials other classes are ahead of Sorcs.

Will be interesting to see how the playing field changes with Dark Brotherhood. :).

No sorcerers are the class that are the farthest class away from need any form of buffs.

Do you even PvE, bruh? Like seriously, Sorcs are so far behind the DPS curve it's not even funny.

Still bruh, how do they top every server VMA and almost every other leaderboard scores?

They are nonexistent on NA vMoL leaderboard at least since the last time I checked.

Sorc is definitely behind as far as sustained DPS is concerned, but as someone who mains Magicka sorc in PvP and PvE, this doesn't bother me too much. Sorcs excel in other areas, such as solo PvE (read vMA), and small scale PvP. I might be in the minority here, but I like classes being better at certain things than other classes as it gives them more identity. Its not the form of balance most people talk about (which is all classes being equally good at everything), but it is balance. My sorc will never reach the levels of my DK tank, and would never be as good as a templar healer, or as good a DPS as any other magicka DPS spec (and possibly stam DK), but they will never be as good at vMA, and are weaker in small scale PvP. Balance? idk, maybe I'm crazy.

Regarding the actual topic, I really like my execute for PvP, as it allows me to load enemies with burst damage in advance. If sorcs are to get a class spam, it should not replace our execute. Maybe something useless like dark conversion.

I'd be okay with Rune Prison being a spam...literally no one uses that.

I actually do :P I use it in vMA where I find it incredibly useful. Immobilizes annoying mobs to deal with other stuff and you can drop LL on the immobilized mob and get tons of free damage. Probably not the best if you are going for a top score but it makes my runs a lot safer.
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly Sorcerer needs a lot of buffs, in terms of raw damage we just do not compete with the other classes in the new Trial and even in old Trials other classes are ahead of Sorcs.

Will be interesting to see how the playing field changes with Dark Brotherhood. :).

No sorcerers are the class that are the farthest class away from need any form of buffs.

Do you even PvE, bruh? Like seriously, Sorcs are so far behind the DPS curve it's not even funny.

Still bruh, how do they top every server VMA and almost every other leaderboard scores?

They are nonexistent on NA vMoL leaderboard at least since the last time I checked.

Sorc is definitely behind as far as sustained DPS is concerned, but as someone who mains Magicka sorc in PvP and PvE, this doesn't bother me too much. Sorcs excel in other areas, such as solo PvE (read vMA), and small scale PvP. I might be in the minority here, but I like classes being better at certain things than other classes as it gives them more identity. Its not the form of balance most people talk about (which is all classes being equally good at everything), but it is balance. My sorc will never reach the levels of my DK tank, and would never be as good as a templar healer, or as good a DPS as any other magicka DPS spec (and possibly stam DK), but they will never be as good at vMA, and are weaker in small scale PvP. Balance? idk, maybe I'm crazy.

Regarding the actual topic, I really like my execute for PvP, as it allows me to load enemies with burst damage in advance. If sorcs are to get a class spam, it should not replace our execute. Maybe something useless like dark conversion.

I actually do :P I use it in vMA where I find it incredibly useful. Immobilizes annoying mobs to deal with other stuff and you can drop LL on the immobilized mob and get tons of free damage. Probably not the best if you are going for a top score but it makes my runs a lot safer.

Fair enough. I manage fine without it but I guess I can see where it'd be useful.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
    Options
  • NTclaymore
    NTclaymore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try n play DK n see how it feels not to have an execute :D you will miss it pretty fast
    He spoke, the son of Padomay, and nodded his head with the dark brows
    and the imortally anointed hair of the great god
    swept from his divine head, and all Mundus was shaken.
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Spam new mines they activates instantly -_-
    Sorcs are OP, if you want to ask for more DPS, you must give something in return, e.g. burst DPS.

Lol, those things cost a *** ton and elemental drain will not return magicka on them. You would be out in 10 seconds in vMoL.

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's extremely useful in pvp too. Defensive rune against ganker (and for a stamsorc) is amazing, and rune cage is very powerful if combined with curse, procced frag, mage wrath and meteor. I'm able to burst for 30k damage even a blocking tank if he don't use macro who decast and block again immediately.
    Options
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorcs are OP, if you want to ask for more DPS, you must give something in return, e.g. burst DPS.

Lol, those things cost a *** ton and elemental drain will not return magicka on them. You would be out in 10 seconds in vMoL.
    Oh crap.
    Did you even try to do something by yourself but not using 'standard meta'? Want more PVE DPS - use freaking dot's, wear scoria, spam force pulse+med/light attack weaving, add barahra curse set. there is a lot of options, and if you can't figure out what options does game provide by yourself - look for other classes builds.
    Options
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh crap.
    Did you even try to do something by yourself but not using 'standard meta'? Want more PVE DPS - use freaking dot's, wear scoria, spam force pulse+med/light attack weaving, add barahra curse set. there is a lot of options, and if you can't figure out what options does game provide by yourself - look for other classes builds.

Skoria is horrible for Sorcs, try Nerien'eth. We don't have many options for DoTs (we have 2, 3 if we can afford to be up close). Bahraha's Curse is horrible compared to other DPS sets.

Spamming Force Pulse while weaving? Genius idea, never thought about it... /sarcasm

When's the last time you seriously tried PvE? i.e., AA/HR/SO leaderboard runs, vMoL, etc.,.
    Edited by Valrien on April 25, 2016 6:26PM
    Options
  • MrBM
    MrBM
    ✭✭

Oh yes please make them even more OP in PvP. You PvE'ers dont understand when yall ask for something like this you never think about how it will affect PvP. If you play PvP you'll find that Sorc is really really good at PvP with what they already have. IDK about PC sorc but the ones on Xbox are really good. If anything they need a nerf and off topic but that garbage Jesus Beam needs to be fixed ASAP, lol press one button when you see someone at below 50% what a joke
    PC/Xbox NA

PC Guild: Imperator Rebellium (IR)
    Nexus (NX)

Xbox Guild: Guildmaster of Pug Rebellium

EP Dark Elf Nightblade: Mr BM
    EP Imperial Nightblade: 'Ichigo Kurosaki
    EP Lizard lolz Templar: 'Minori
    EP Orc Dragonknight: Get Lept Upon
    EP Wood Elf Nightblade: 'Sode no Shirayuki
    EP High Elf Sorc: Bolts for Pugs
    EP Dark Elf Dragonknight: Whip of Dreams
    EP Imperial Sorc: i Saber i

AD Dark Elf Dragonknight: Mrs BM
    Options
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate all this "Class is OP" stuff.
    Please atleast back it up, so we know why you think so and can discuss it.

I disagree with Sorc being OP.
    As already mentioned multiple times, in PvE Group Content Sorc are behind other classes dps-wise.

Sure Overload is strong yes, but it doesnt last forever.
    After Overload is over (and you wont spam it the whole time in MoL as example) your dps will fall behind the other classes dps easily.

So its a pretty stupid situation:

With Overload sorc is doing pretty good, without overload its behind the rest. To be on par with others, this ultimate is all a sorc must and can rely on.

Options
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MrBM wrote: »

Oh yes please make them even more OP in PvP. You PvE'ers dont understand when yall ask for something like this you never think about how it will affect PvP. If you play PvP you'll find that Sorc is really really good at PvP with what they already have. IDK about PC sorc but the ones on Xbox are really good. If anything they need a nerf and off topic but that garbage Jesus Beam needs to be fixed ASAP, lol press one button when you see someone at below 50% what a joke

There's a flip side to that coin. PvP players NEVER consider PvE when they ask for skill changes. We usually just have to bend over and take it whether we like it or not. I do my fair share of PvP and I'm fairly sure Paulington does too. Your statement is just entirely ignorant.
    Options
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh crap.

Skoria is horrible for Sorcs, try Nerien'eth. We don't have many options for DoTs (we have 2, 3 if we can afford to be up close). Bahraha's Curse is horrible compared to other DPS sets.

Spamming Force Pulse while weaving? Genius idea, never thought about it... /sarcasm

When's the last time you seriously tried PvE? i.e., AA/HR/SO leaderboard runs, vMoL, etc.,.
    There's no classes which have huge number of dot's.
    What dot's sorc can use: curse, lightning form, lightning splash, magicka det, wall of elements, trapping webs, entropy, trapping webs, necrotic orb, consuming trap

"is horrible" yeah, right, it just procs 100% of times, when you weave light+pusle/crush shock, deals tons of damage in small time, automatically disappears when target dies and reprocs on another target.

Scoria is well enough to get all the time procs with 3-4 active dot's in pve that's easy.

Synergy what already said with sorc damage stacking and you'll get a lot of dps just by refreshing dot's. But you won't do that because asking for buff is easier, right?
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. just take the stacking cost increase off streak. then sorc will be fine.

That nerf changed little in terms of escape. it did however, damage the ability a great deal in terms of it's AoE DPS component.
    Edited by Lucky28 on April 25, 2016 6:45PM
    Invictus
    Options
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Only with placing this cost increase to HW.
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh crap.

What dot's sorc can use: curse, lightning form, lightning splash, magicka det, wall of elements, trapping webs, entropy, trapping webs, necrotic orb, consuming trap

"is horrible" yeah, right, it just procs 100% of times, when you weave light+pusle/crush shock, deals tons of damage in small time, automatically disappears when target dies and reprocs on another target.

Scoria is well enough to get all the time procs with 3-4 active dot's in pve that's easy.

Synergy what already said with sorc damage stacking and you'll get a lot of dps just by refreshing dot's. But you won't do that because asking for buff is easier, right?

DK's?
    Options
  • MrBM
    MrBM
    ✭✭

There's a flip side to that coin. PvP players NEVER consider PvE when they ask for skill changes. We usually just have to bend over and take it whether we like it or not. I do my fair share of PvP and I'm fairly sure Paulington does too. Your statement is just entirely ignorant.

Well since you want to be rude. Maybe should change your build instead of complaining about skills and saying you need a buff. Sorcs do not need a buff at all in either aspect of the game. Your playing the easiest class there is to play to begin with. You dont like your DPS make another class. Just stay off the forums with Sorc needs a buff when they clearly do not overall. But saying all that I've play both PC and Xbox and all the sorcs I've seen on Xbox are way better than PC so maybe it's just L2P but hey this is all ignorant correct. lol sorc needs a buff lol NOPE
    PC/Xbox NA

Nexus (NX)

Options
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh crap.

Let's go through what the average PvE sorc has on their bars:
    Bound Aegis, Inner Light (all 3 bars, 2 slots gone...limits sorcs to 3 skills per bar)
    Force Pulse (damage filler, pretty much the only option)
    Frags (supplemental DPS, I usually take it off for Pulsar for vMoL)
    Elemental Blockade (best AoE DoT, mandatory for magicka DPS)
    Liquid Lightning (2nd best AoE DoT, pretty much on-par with Blockade)
    Boundless Storm (often a flexible slot)
    Mages' Wrath (Execute, better than nothing...but still kind of mediocre)
    Shooting Star (awesome)
    Overload (It's okay, I guess. Good for vMA)

Now, let's see what's wrong with your other suggestions:
    Prox Det (not a "main" DoT, but in vMoL I often switch out Boundless for it so it's pretty good)
    Entropy (long animation, hard to cancel, overall DPS loss)
    Trapping Webs (meh)
    Necrotic Orb (you're kidding, right? That's a healer skill)
    Consuming Trap (seriously? I feel like you're just trolling now)

Most of those skills you listed are quite simply a DPS loss. I really don't know how you can even consider those DPS skills. I'm guessing you pull 10k DPS or so?
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Only with placing this cost increase to HW.

No. no stacking cost increases on anything, period. take it off dodge roll as well.

or put it on everything. Wings. shuffle, breath of life, Cloak, fear, jabs etc.
    Edited by Lucky28 on April 25, 2016 6:51PM
    Invictus
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh crap.

Woah, lol. That build must get like... 10k dps? Honestly I'm surprised you recommended force pulse weaving, because that is the only part of your build an actual sorc would use.

EDIT: Also if you bothered to read my other post, I wasn't asking for more PvE DPS. I was just commenting on how *** mine spam is for a fight of any significant length.
    Edited by lassitershawn on April 25, 2016 6:50PM

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well since you want to be rude. Maybe should change your build instead of complaining about skills and saying you need a buff. Sorcs do not need a buff at all in either aspect of the game. Your playing the easiest class there is to play to begin with. You dont like your DPS make another class. Just stay off the forums with Sorc needs a buff when they clearly do not overall. But saying all that I've play both PC and Xbox and all the sorcs I've seen on Xbox are way better than PC so maybe it's just L2P but hey this is all ignorant correct. lol sorc needs a buff lol NOPE

Your first statement was just as rude...you reap what you sow.

There has been MUCH testing done about what a Sorc should use to maximize DPS in PvE. Even with the most min/maxed build possible and getting a perfect skill rotation down to the millisecond you're behind the other classes. And no, rerolling isn't an option. That's basically telling a PvP player who's complaining about their class to roll a nightblade. Sure, I could...but does that fix the issue? No.
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be seriously surprised if mag sorcs get a single DPS buff. Please continue to entertain me till patch notes arrive. :trollface:
    Options
  • MrBM
    MrBM
    ✭✭

There has been MUCH testing done about what a Sorc should use to maximize DPS in PvE. Even with the most min/maxed build possible and getting a perfect skill rotation down to the millisecond you're behind the other classes. And no, rerolling isn't an option. That's basically telling a PvP player who's complaining about their class to roll a nightblade. Sure, I could...but does that fix the issue? No.

Ok lets say we buff your beloved sorc! Ok now then what? Do you understand what will happen? What your asking will become super OP. You still don't get it. You keep talking about only PvE. Do you not understand how hard Sorc hits in PvP currently? Do you really think that a spamable DPS for sorc would be fair in PVP. lol hell no. That's like asking to bring back the GOD DK's from the start of the game. Your request is insane. So what you sorc isn't as good with DPS when your not in Overload. It's more than enough. Sure rerolling isnt going to fix what you want but it will bring up your DPS right? People like you ruin PvP with getting thing like the Jesus Beam buffed. What your asking for would be even worse that that!
    PC/Xbox NA

Nexus (NX)

Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you link a dps meter of one of these incredible sorc ? On Xbox, you can't even look at your overall dps, the type of dps we are speaking about is for end game trials and leaderboard, you can't calculate it seriously with only seeing the damage each skill do.The best pc sorc probably aren't outperformed by Xbox one. To the best, they may be equal.
    Sorc can do every content in the entire game, like everybody. But their dps is now lower than every other magicka class, and even stam DK is now very close to their dps. They have an incredible burst capacity who help them a lot in dungeon, VMA, pvp and even on some trials, but on vMoL (exactly like on SO long ago) they are the worst class, if we don't consider stamina spec.
    So, sorc need a buff. A buff useless for vMA, useless for pvp, not really useful for little dungeon, but strong for trials. Especially with the new vSO.
    Options
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ok lets say we buff your beloved sorc! Ok now then what? Do you understand what will happen? What your asking will become super OP. You still don't get it. You keep talking about only PvE. Do you not understand how hard Sorc hits in PvP currently? Do you really think that a spamable DPS for sorc would be fair in PVP. lol hell no. That's like asking to bring back the GOD DK's from the start of the game. Your request is insane. So what you sorc isn't as good with DPS when your not in Overload. It's more than enough. Sure rerolling isnt going to fix what you want but it will bring up your DPS right? People like you ruin PvP with getting thing like the Jesus Beam buffed. What your asking for would be even worse that that!

People like you ruin PvE with getting things like EVERY SKILL IMAGINABLE nerfed.
    Options
  • MrBM
    MrBM
    ✭✭

People like you ruin PvE with getting things like EVERY SKILL IMAGINABLE nerfed.

Good come back :P If anything i'd like sorc to get a good spamable AOE since that is what they lack not a single target skill. Just like magic DK needs a good execute and a buff to whip.
    PC/Xbox NA

Nexus (NX)

Options
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Good come back :P If anything i'd like sorc to get a good spamable AOE since that is what they lack not a single target skill. Just like magic DK needs a good execute and a buff to whip.

Thank you. I really can't respond to the rest of the stupidity in your previous statement.

That being said I'd love an AoE ability but really? Buff the class with a spammable DPS ability AND the best DoTs? Seems legit man. Why buff Mag DK whip but deny Sorcs the same thing?
    Options
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh crap.

Bound Aegis, Inner Light (all 3 bars, 2 slots gone...limits sorcs to 3 skills per bar)
    Shooting Star (awesome)

Prox Det (not a "main" DoT, but in vMoL I often switch out Boundless for it so it's pretty good)
    Trapping Webs (meh)

Most of those skills you listed are quite simply a DPS loss. I really don't know how you can even consider those DPS skills. I'm guessing you pull 10k DPS or so?
    Necrotic Orb is area dot, you can morh it to hot
    Consuming trap is a not so much dps but 7% of all resource return is a good trade

Main idea of dot's - just refresh, watch how scoria procs all the time, and spam 1 ability with med/light weaving, i do not recommend any of skill specifically i just listed number of them in response to "sorcs does not have dot's"
    Options
  • Voltos
    Voltos
    ✭✭✭
    Darlon wrote: »
    Darlon wrote: »
    No thanks.
    socks567 wrote: »
    No.

Reasons? It will give us far more options than the mediocre execute we have now.

I wouldn't mind a spammable dps ability, and I agree sorc is lagging behind in numbers right now, but I rather not give up an execute to get it... I'd rather see another ability adjusted (curse maybe?)...

Execute should stay the same in my opinion, but I would like sorcs to have a melee spam ability. I think a stamina melee attack morph of Crystal Shard would work the best. Stamsorc doesn't use anything from Dark Magic, except for the occasional Negate, and a melee Crystal Shard attack would provide an excellent use of those missing passives.
    Options
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh crap.

Shooting Star (awesome)

Trapping Webs (meh)

Consuming trap is a not so much dps but 7% of all resource return is a good trade

Main idea of dot's - just refresh, watch how scoria procs all the time, and spam 1 ability with med/light weaving, i do not recommend any of skill specifically i just listed number of them in response to "sorcs does not have dot's"

I didn't say they don't have DoTs. I said they had few and with the limited availability of space on their bars they can't really afford to have more than the 3 that most good ones slot anyways. Skoria can only proc once every 5 seconds and if you can't get it to proc EXACTLY once every 5 seconds then Nerien'eth or Kena are always better. The only classes that can get it to proc like that are magicka Templars and DKs.
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love as some don't even read other post, being stuck in their mind.

The OP idea was rejected by nearly everyone, but we are looking for a pve dps increase, not only for a spammable skill. And they are plenty of possibility to increase pve dps without touching to pvp one.
    For example, is Maëlstrom bow is good in pvp ? The damage boost yes, but the volley enchant no because nobody stands in the volley area too much (or they are bad players, even with a bombard spam you won't be able to keep someone in volley too long). Give liquid lightning something like that, or some thunder skill a debuff who increase thunder damage on the target (especially to skill who are nearly useless in pvp like LL), and done. You increase pve dps without touching to pvp (unless you say that LL is a primordial skill for pvp, but I think I'll laughs).
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh crap.

Shooting Star (awesome)

Trapping Webs (meh)

Consuming trap is just... lol. I'm pretty sure we all understand what DoTs are here, but sorcerers do not run enough DoTs to merit running Skoria. Sure, you could lose toggles, frags, etc, but then you are losing out significantly on DPS just to boost Skoria's DPS.

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options