Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

How many trials and how many encounter per trial [Raid]

aymanzone
aymanzone
Soul Shriven
As a new player,

Where to find out how many trials [raids] are in this game and how many encounters/bosses per trial?

How many world bosses?

How serious are ESO committing to trials? I hear gear is not worth it. The best part I like about any game is trials [raids]

Thankee
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are three Trials; Hel Ra Citadel, Aetherian Archive, and Sanctum Ophidia. These are designed for groups of 12, and all are unlocked when you reach Veteran Rank (at Level 50), but they are designed for Veteran Rank 14 (that's the 14th rank of post-50 "vertical" progression), and top VR is 16, so you can't get top-tier gear from Trials. However, Veteran Ranks are being removed this year, and we do not know what the recommended number of Champion Points (that's the new post-50 "horizontal" progression) will be for them. A new Trial is due to be released in Q1 2016 with the Thieves Guild DLC, presumably designed for VR16.

Someone who has run the Trials (I haven't) will be able to tell you how many bosses there are in each one.

There are 6 World Bosses per zone (except Cyrodiil), and there are 16 zones (17 with the Orsinium DLC), giving you 96 (102) World Bosses. While ostensibly designed for groups of 4 (at-level), many of them can be soloed with a good build. Only the 6 in Wrothgar (Orsinium DLC) present a reasonable challenge.

There are also 16 (18 with the Imperial City DLC) instanced Group Dungeons, which are designed for groups of 4. 8 (10) of these have a more challenging Veteran version which unlocks at Level 50. "The best gear" supposedly comes from the Veteran versions of the two Group Dungeons in the Imperial City (DLC).
    Edited by Enodoc on January 4, 2016 12:36PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aetherian Archive has four bosses. Only the final boss (The Mage) presents any real challenge.

Hel Ra has two bosses, with the final boss (The Warrior) being slightly more difficult than the first boss. (Ra Kotu) Another two mini-bosses are between them; the 12 man raid splits into two teams of 6 to get through.

Sanctum Ophidia has four bosses, with the first and last bosses (Mantikora and The Serpent respectively) providing significant challenge.

AA requires a group of 12 due to teleport pads preventing progression with fewer members. The mechanics of Hel Ra and Sanctum can be managed with fewer but highly skilled players. Several bosses can be solo'd ;)

Options
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    What is different between normal and hard mode versions of the Trials? I have only done AA and Hel Ra on normal so never tried HM on any trials
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
    Options
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is different between normal and hard mode versions of the Trials? I have only done AA and Hel Ra on normal so never tried HM on any trials

The difference is only in the final boss of each trial. One usually has to destroy something to activate it.
    The bosses will have more health and more mechanics, which will usually make the fight longer and harder.
    Server: EU AD || Guilds: EquinoX

Telleno || Dro-M'Athra Destroyer || Magicka DK || My YouTube-Channel || Profile on ESO-Database

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
    World 1st vHRC Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vAA Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vSO Hardmode (Dark Brotherhood)
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aymanzone wrote: »
    How serious are ESO committing to trials?

Uh, there is like zero commitment. We've had two lvl cap increases since they were first released and they are still v12-v14 scaled. Currently there is Zero reward for doing them, except practicing for the next trial in Q1 2016 and ranking. When the game will have been out for two years, there will still only be four 12 man trials in total.

It's pathetic. ZOS knows it, the playerbase knows it, and that is why the trials community in hanging on a lifeline. Those still doing them are only here practicing and waiting for the next one, and if that is as big a disappointment as they are currently you can bet the PvE endgame will die here completely.

But for new players who haven't been in them yet they can be a lot of fun, it can be difficult to get groups to do it however because so many have lost the incentive.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    They should include new rewards like i said in a previous post. Something like a chest at the end which could include several gold keys or upgrade mats. Maybe even some Nirn seen as its Crag. At least something to get them going again or i will never get to complete them
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
    Options
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Dschi HM AA better not have more axes??? I hate them friggin axes
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dschi HM AA better not have more axes??? I hate them friggin axes
    I put some info in the spoiler so I don't ruin it for everyone :)
    Nope. AA HM introduces lightning Atronachs and lightning meteors that continually fall from the sky on the last boss (the mage).
    Edited by Cuyler on January 7, 2016 7:32PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Tyvm for info. I wanna go run it now
    Options
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyvm for info. I wanna go run it now

It's always nice to see, that there are still people out there, who are interested in raids. :)
    I would suggest, that you try to get into a PvE focused guild, that offers raids. There are still some out there who do this. Finding a PUG group for a trial is basically impossible, especially for hard modes.

Telleno || Dro-M'Athra Destroyer || Magicka DK || My YouTube-Channel || Profile on ESO-Database

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
    Options
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah im in a guild that still tries to run some trial nights. Maybe need to join some more
    Options
  • Shaggygaming
    Shaggygaming
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah im in a guild that still tries to run some trial nights. Maybe need to join some more

Vokundein is an active PVE / PVP guild. Last night we completed Hel RA HM with new players. As Cuyler said, not many people are running trials at the moment except to prepare for the new trial coming out next DLC.
    Options
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Which Faction and server?
    Options
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    To chime in here... we are adding a new Trial in Thieves Guild, called Maw of Lorkhaj. It will be the first trial which will have a normal and Veteran version and will scale to the Group Leader's Level. Veteran Mode should provide those seeking a challenge with more than they can handle. The final boss in Veteran Mode is probably the hardest content we have ever made.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on January 22, 2016 4:54PM
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Options
    Staff Post
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    To chime in here... we are adding a new Trial in Thieves Guild, called Maw of Lorkhaj. It will be the first trial which will have a normal and Veteran version and will scale to the Group Leader's Level. Veteran Mode should provide those seeking a challenge with more than they can handle. The final boss in Veteran Mode is probably the hardest content we have ever made.

If i kill first 3 bosses on pts on vet... can i demand a buff ;D
    Options
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Great. Another trial which i probably wont be able to Tank lol but will give it a try
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Finn
    Does the final boss have a hard mode as well?
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How many times have the QA team (and/or devs) cleared it? How many keyboards were broken out of frustration @ZOS_Finn? :).
    Options
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is what I like to hear
    Options
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which Faction and server?

NA EP
    Options
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    We couldnt be further from each other lol
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »

How many times have the QA team (and/or devs) cleared it? How many keyboards were broken out of frustration @ZOS_Finn? :).

I think this is a very valid question.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn Are the Normal and Veteran versions identical in terms of story/content, like they are for vMA, vDSA, ICP and WGT?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Lots of broken keyboards and controllers, we didn't keep count :)

The final boss in Veteran does indeed have a hard mode.

The Normal and Veteran modes work much like Maelstrom Arena. The experience is essentially the same just much more difficult on Veteran.
    Options
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for answering @ZOS_Finn but as always another question!

We know vMA is "scaled" to 300 CP or so in terms of expected requirements, what I'd like to know is when you were iterating on vMOL and especially hard mode vMOL what kind of gear did the characters use and how many CP they all had? I would love to know if it was a "traditional" setup of 1 tank, 3 healers and 8 DPS too but I doubt you'd tell me! :lol:.

Just looking for some dev insight into how you iterated and how the difficulty will be.
    Edited by Paulington on January 25, 2016 2:46AM
    Options
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have some more questions too :)

1. Will there be an extra weekly for the new trial, like vMSA? Or will it be added to the set of other trials?
    2. Does one have to do the vet version for the weekly leaderboard?
    3. How does the weekly leaderboard work with respect to the scaling system? Do only V16 chars get listed or is it possible to run with a lower level toon in a V16 scaled trial and still get onto the leaderboards? Or will it be possible to do the trial on a lower Vet level than V16 and still get onto the leaderboard?
    4. Will this trial have a story line in the new zone, that leads to the trial?
    5. Is it part of a set of new trials with a common storyline, like AA, Hel Ra and SO were?

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
    Options
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are differents between normal mode and veteran mode drops? So like in vMA the master weapons?

PS: My second question. :smile:
    Lots of broken keyboards and controllers, we didn't keep count :)

The final boss in Veteran does indeed have a hard mode.

The Normal and Veteran modes work much like Maelstrom Arena. The experience is essentially the same just much more difficult on Veteran.

So we have 4 difficult types?

1. normal (easy)
    2. normal hardmode (normal)
    3. veteran (hard)
    4. veteran hardmode (very hard)
    Edited by Taonnor on January 25, 2016 6:01AM
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
    Options
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Paulington wrote: »
    We know vMA is "scaled" to 300 CP or so in terms of expected requirements, what I'd like to know is when you were iterating on vMOL and especially hard mode vMOL what kind of gear did the characters use and how many CP they all had? I would love to know if it was a "traditional" setup of 1 tank, 3 healers and 8 DPS too but I doubt you'd tell me! :lol:.

You will need two tanks through almost all of the Trial. We use a lot of factors to balance and try and look at more number levels that players can reach. So, for instance, we take a look at the numbers that DPS can push at VR16, how much Health tanks have and damage they can mitigate, how much healing can be pushed out and then go from there.
    1. Will there be an extra weekly for the new trial, like vMSA? Or will it be added to the set of other trials?
    2. Does one have to do the vet version for the weekly leaderboard?
    3. How does the weekly leaderboard work with respect to the scaling system? Do only V16 chars get listed or is it possible to run with a lower level toon in a V16 scaled trial and still get onto the leaderboards? Or will it be possible to do the trial on a lower Vet level than V16 and still get onto the leaderboard?
    4. Will this trial have a story line in the new zone, that leads to the trial?
    5. Is it part of a set of new trials with a common storyline, like AA, Hel Ra and SO were?

1. Maw of Lorkhaj will be added to the Trial rotation.
    2. You need to do the Veteran version @ VR16.
    3. You only get on the leaderboard if you are VR 16 and the instance is VR16.
    4. No, this Trial is self contained, story wise.
    5. Not at the moment.
    Are differents between normal mode and veteran mode drops? So like in vMA the master weapons?

There are different drop rates in normal and veteran for different items.

1. normal (easy)
    3. veteran (hard)

Difficulty settings are Normal and Veteran. Within Veteran, you can activate the Difficult Mode of the final boss if the instance is VR16.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amazing answer as always @ZOS_Finn but I must say you are teasing us, no actual numbers? :lol:. You know you want to give us some at the very least! :smirk:.
    Options
  • Tavine
    Tavine
    ✭✭

1. normal (easy)
    3. veteran (hard)

Difficulty settings are Normal and Veteran. Within Veteran, you can activate the Difficult Mode of the final boss if the instance is VR16.

Please for the love of god don't make the diffculty setting like in normal MSA (yawn!) and Vet MSA. Because then it's all the same again. We have a new trial with just one boss in difficult mode, the endboss. Oh no and we have a difficulty setting where we can enjoy the scenery, the nice lightning effects and follow the story. Well we didn't have that one before XD
    Options