The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Items Available in the Crown Store - 12/3 (all platforms)

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi everyone!

Today, we'll be adding the Curse of Vampirism and the Werewolf's Bite to the Crown Store for all platforms! You will only be able to purchase these items if you aren't already affected by Vampirism or Lycanthropy, and can only have one active at a time. When purchased, you will immediately turn into a Vampire or Werewolf; there is no item to interact with, and nothing will be placed in your inventory.

The Curse of Vampirism and the Werewolf's Bite will cost 1500 crowns for each.

a2d1d8f46547bd81b843f9dbde8b83.png

148f59397a0c236308788ee53ce19e.jpg
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Dual.sphereeb17_ESO
    For the very first time, I honestly, truly, utterly disagree with a crown store item.

Please rethink this ASAP as it's not something that I feel necessary or needed on the crown store.

Edit :

The vampire and werewolf cases are something very "unique" to ESO and the player base has settled on them unlike the initial scamming for bites when people started finding them out.
    Adding this to the crown store might be within your promise of only giving shortcuts to stuff that it's already in-game, but while the others are cosmetic and utility based, this one directly affects the gameplay itself, as now people will be able to skip those steps or player interactions.

This, again in my humble view, is a deal breaker for immersion and ZOS Commitment to the player base and ESO longevity itself.

You've done a tremendous job with the Crown Store, as I've defended it several times over reddit and among my friends, as I honestly believe it's one of the best stores for B2P games out there.
    This addition however? Entirely unneeded and over the top

Please, reconsider this offer, as I think it might be the beginning of a really bad trend for the Crown Shop
    Edited by Dual.sphereeb17_ESO on December 3, 2015 3:29PM
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd send the Vigilants of Stendarr to the Crown Store right away, but they haven't been founded yet :(
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    WTF, this should not be in the crown store at all! You are kidding right??!
  • makeyurself
    makeyurself
    ✭✭✭
    Hhmm can we expect any other surprise additions this month @ZOS_GinaBruno? Perhaps an adorable bear-dog pup as seen in the Orsinium marketing materials/photos? =) PLEASE!?!?!
    Xbox NA:
    • Soren Hawkheart- Breton Spellsword (DC) Sorcerer
    • Kaenan- Imperial Paladin (EP) Templar
    • Revan- Dunmer Vampire Inferno Mage (EP) Dragonknight
    • Faerandil- Altmer Sage (AD) Templar
    • Aureyna- Altmer Arcane Warrior (AD) Sorcerer
    • Aurthalion- Altme Battle Mage (AD) Sorcerer
    • Dahlek- Argonian Shadowmage/Shadowscale (AD) Nightblade
    • Callion- Breton Thief & Assassin (AD) Nightblade
    • Eldaran- Lore-breaking half-elf Elementalist, not of Nirn (DC) Dragonknight
    • Quenandir- Altmer Ranger (AD) Nighblade
    • Saelif- Breton/Altmer MG Adept (AD) Templar

• Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is wrong, Gina.
  • Remdale
    Remdale
    ✭✭
    ZoS, don't do this! Or is making money all that matters? The amount of dedication it takes to get bitten yourself by a spawn is no joke and worth a lot more than 1500 crowns....

Whether being bitten by a player or by a spawn yourself this is seriously taking away from the experience of the game and the community more than any other item you've added by far and is just a major step in the wrong direction IMHO.

Though I guess you can make a lot of money off this, so that doesn't matter....

No preview and no hint this was coming and then wham it's on today? It's clear you already knew what the players' feelings on this would be.......
    Edited by Remdale on December 3, 2015 4:04PM
  • Dual.sphereeb17_ESO
    Remdale wrote: »
    ZoS, don't do this! Or is making money all that matters? The amount of dedication it takes to get bitten yourself by a spawn is no joke and worth a lot more than 500 crowns....

Whether being bitten by a player or by a spawn yourself this is seriously taking away from the experience of the game and the community more than any other item you've added by far and is just a major step in the wrong direction IMHO.

Though I guess you can make a lot of money off this, so that doesn't matter....

No preview and no hint this was coming and then wham it's on today? It's clear you already knew what the players' feelings on this would be.......

But, as I stated straight off the bat, I entirely agree with this.

This is -wrong-
  • Dual.sphereeb17_ESO
    "No preview and no hint this was coming and then wham it's on today? It's clear you already knew what the players' feelings on this would be......."

We knew, from other unofficial websites, but it was considered a fake for sometime until it wasnt
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And so it begins... here we are, now paying to fast track actual content. As in the vampire/werewolf transformation quests.

Just put in all the rare drops in the Clown shop, too, and be done with it.

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this only give you the curse, and you still need to complete the quest?

Or does this instantly turn you into a Vamp or WW, with no need to do the quest? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Remdale
    Remdale
    ✭✭
    I know you're not taking this back now ZoS, but you can still raise the price. As someone that's been been bitten multiple times from camping spawns and lately by another player, and by comparison has grinded out every Dwemer frame and Dwemer page I've used, I implore you to do so. This should be a lot more than 1500 Crowns to keep the experience it is within the game and with the players.
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one will buy this, you can just walk to the shrines and usually get bit for free. If not, for very cheap.(especially female characters lol). If they would have added this at launchwhen vamps and ww were rare as f*** they would have sold alot
    Edited by Father_X_Zombie on December 3, 2015 6:00PM
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DISCLAIMER: LEAVING my first answer for the sake of understanding the reaction of other players to my comment. But I had misunderstood the product, thinking a player had to still perform the chain quest and was just avoiding the inconvenience of finding another players to get biten.

As you know very well, I've fought several times over items sold in the Crown store. When Zenimax was announcing "The PET DAY" with a ridiculous alert in game, or when Zenimax started to sell Glass motif, I was there to show my disagrement. (just in case someone wanted to yell FANGIRL at me to shush me up)

Here I don't care at all, and I'll tell you why.

While vampire bites and werewolfs bites are something unique, you have not seen a day without players selling their bites for utrageous prices. Players using Facebook, Forums, Reddit, Youtube comments and whatnot to sell or buy a bite.
    This whole commerce of the bite is absolutely not immersive, fun, nor promoting niceness among players. Lot of players have been scamed by others aswell.

So...In conclusion, nice guys that are in cool guilds or have friends will continue to have their bites for free and others will have the choice between paying in gold someone in game, or paying with crown. A lot of players have done the quest on multiple characters, and are maybe not that enthousiastic at the idea of having to look for someone in game to bite them anymore. They just want to become Vampire/Werewolf fast to set up their build and continue what they were doing.

EDIT: @MissBizz made me realised that there is a achievement and a dye associated. Which I forgot completely. So in that case, Zenimax can code those bites to only work on accounts that has unlocked the achievement already once. (Or only be purchased)
    Which would solve the issue completely, as one players would have to go through the quest once before to be able to purchase bites.
    Edited by Elloa on December 3, 2015 4:39PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Does this only give you the curse, and you still need to complete the quest?

Or does this instantly turn you into a Vamp or WW, with no need to do the quest?
    Just to confirm, you do not need to do the quest. Once you purchase either bite, you automatically are infected with either Lycanthropy or Vampirism. To reiterate what we've always said, Crown Store items are merely for convenience.

Received an answer in another thread for anyone interested in knowing.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Dual.sphereeb17_ESO
    Elloa wrote: »
    As you know very well, I've fought several times over items sold in the Crown store. When Zenimax was announcing "The PET DAY" with a ridiculous alert in game, or when Zenimax started to sell Glass motif, I was there to show my disagrement. (just in case someone wanted to yell FANGIRL at me to shush me up)

While vampire bites and werewolfs bites are something unique, you have not seen a day without players selling their bites for utrageous prices. Players using Facebook, Forums, Reddit, Youtube comments and whatnot to sell or buy a bite.
    This whole commerce of the bite is absolutely not immersive, fun, nor promoting niceness among players. Lot of players have been scamed by others aswell.

So...In conclusion, nice guys that are in cool guilds or have friends will continue to have their bites for free and others will have the choice between paying in gold someone in game, or paying with crown. A lot of players have done the quest on multiple characters, and are maybe not that enthousiastic at the idea of having to look for someone in game to bite them anymore. They just want to become Vampire/Werewolf fast to set up their build and continue what they were doing.

My apologies but I truly disagree with this.

You could always claim that you're trading immortality or more feral power for gold. You can still imagine your character wanting to be immortal ( despite the mechanics) or wanting to run with the pack. There's still -logic- and -immersion- on the trading of bites In-game.
    As for promoting niceness or fun, its still promoting interaction between players, even if bad -sometimes, where this crown option will further remove it.
    ZoS should be adding more reasons for players to interact and create a bound, either positive or negative, not the other way around.

You can still roleplay, stating that your character woke up one day and was turned, sure, it can work. But this sets a precedent for stuff that ZOS strongly opposed until now. That being Content skipping. You don't even do the LORE QUEST any longer, you simply become one.

Again, I am sorry, and I have indeed defended this shop from the beginning, but this is a bad omen, a REALLY BAD Omen that shouldn't be taken lightly nor casually .
    Edited by Dual.sphereeb17_ESO on December 3, 2015 4:23PM
  • Remdale
    Remdale
    ✭✭

Experiences may differ, but I have spent a lot of time camping the spawns and never once experienced anything negative from other players during. Nobody killed the spawns, everybody got bit and died or ran off, and whenever it was not the spawn I was looking for and I'd tell people in chat - they'd be nothing but grateful. To people that just "want to become Vampire/Werewolf fast to set up their build and continue what they were doing", they can pay at lot more than 1500 Crowns for this at the Crown Store. Effortlessly and casually thinking of being a WW/Vampire like that just like it's another enchant on their gear is not what it's about and shouldn't be made easier.
  • Remdale
    Remdale
    ✭✭
    And I feel I should add for perspective I have NO problem with ANY other item on the Crown Store, and I have always DEFENDED it to other people. This is DIFFERENT, ZoS.
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so when can we expect:

Crown Store access to Caldwells Silver & Gold (so we don't repeat all that questing on our alts)

Emperor (since we are completion starved and don't pvp)

(my attempt at humor since I don't agree with adding the above to the store)
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • Dual.sphereeb17_ESO
    Jailbirdy wrote: »
    so when can we expect:

Crown Store access to Caldwells Silver & Gold (so we don't repeat all that questing on our alts)

Emperor (since we are completion starved and don't pvp)

(my attempt at humor since I don't agree with adding the above to the store)

Followed by instant Vr1
    Unlock all wayshrines
    Unlock All dyes ( and respective achievements)
    Loot Bags - Random Gear drops

'Cause convenience .
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Remdale @Dual.sphereeb17_ESO I misunderstood the product, thinking players had to do the quest and were just saving the annoyance of finding another player to be biten. Which I'd have been fine with.

Edited by Elloa on December 3, 2015 4:43PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the complaints here are not this is pay to win, because they're not any better than you still.

The complaints are "they're paying to skip some pointless and easy content I had to do".
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Dual.sphereeb17_ESO
    @Remdale @Dual.sphereeb17_ESO I misunderstood the product, thinking players had to do the quest and were just saving the annoyance of finding another player to be biten. Which I'd have been fine with.

I would still not be ok with it, but I could tolerate it a bit more. :)
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I just buy max VR already?

/me shakes head

(That is sarcasm, btw)
    Edited by Sigtric on December 3, 2015 4:48PM

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Dual.sphereeb17_ESO
    Turelus wrote: »
    So the complaints here are not this is pay to win, because they're not any better than you still.

The complaints are "they're paying to skip some pointless and easy content I had to do".

No, the complaints here is that this opens a precedent for skipping content. Regardless of you finding it pointless or Easy.

By those terms, the whole game is pointless since many revolve around you getting immersed on the quests or the story itself, no ? Most of us just get bitten, but originally, you can get it yourself by doing the proper chain of events, starting with finding the right time of the day ( In-game or otherwise ). until the last part of the quest.

Easy is relative as well, since now days people have more information available, but a new fresh player might actually find it challenging, who knows ? Easy and Hard is relative to each player.

I keep saying, this is an Omen, a Bad one. It's not about skipping EASY or Pointless content, it's about -SKIPPING CONTENT-, full stop.
  • Remdale
    Remdale
    ✭✭
    It's about taking an experience out of the game and putting it in the Crown Store.

To be clear, I don't mean the quest, though there is that. I mean getting bitten.
    Edited by Remdale on December 3, 2015 5:00PM
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And the cashing in continues.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you being so sensitive for such small issues? Could you PLEASE stop complaing about every decision made?
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    And the cashing in continues.

Guess what buddy, that is what all this is about. You know, money, to run the servers, for the game you play, to pay those salaries of the devolopers. This is not about Lore, this is not about rendering the experience of players who have been trough the 'oh so hard to became' vampire journey. This is about the cash. HEY but wait, all that poor people who will not experience the quest! What about them, this is not fair! Again, that's not your call.

And no, you are not entitle to anything beyond what has been said/promised. So please, just stop being so annoying and immature.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on December 3, 2015 5:29PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Remdale
    Remdale
    ✭✭
    sAnn92 wrote: »
    Why are you being so sensitive for such small issues? Could you PLEASE stop complaing about every decision made?

I like to be positive and I generally am. Your answer is because I care about the game. Being positive all the time is just as bad as being negative all the time, in cases where INPUT is needed. The time for input is not just when it is asked for.
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About time it came to the store. Hopefully this will cut down the people trolling spawn sites and charging for bites.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get where all you guys who are against this are coming from I really do, but I must side with Elloa in saying that in this case, well... who gives a snip. Whether a player hunts down the disease, gets it from a friend (use protection, kids!), buys it from a stranger, or on the crown store has no effect on the gameplay of others.
    It's not like they're selling Emperor passives or Molag Kena. When that time comes I'll have words with them, but as I've said before we need to stop getting a collective cardiac arrest every time they put something from the game in the store.
    This game is now cash shop supported, it's just the nature of the beast.