The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cadwell's Platinum (open world PvE concept)

Hiero_Glyph
Hiero_Glyph
✭✭✭✭✭
So what if when you complete Cadwell's Gold, instead of being restricted to each faction's zone at a reduced level you could enter Cadwell's Platinum where all enemies are scaled up? A portal could be made available in The Harborage to go back to Cadwell's Gold at any time so you can still do your normal quests but you would also be able to join Cadwell's Platinum whenever you want.

As an added benefit this instance of Tamriel is open to players from every alliance and since there are no story missions you could have new repeatable quests with varying conditions, including killing high level NPCs, finding quest items, etc. Rewards would vary but this could pave the way for open world PvP in the form of the justice system as well. I know others have talked about something similar but I really think having Tamriel become obsolete is a huge mistake and being able to revisit previous zones would be a lot of fun.

Am I crazy or would a scaled up version of Tamriel with repeatable quests be a lot of fun instead of being stuck in the last zone of Cadwell's Gold/Craglorn?
Edited by Hiero_Glyph on September 16, 2015 6:40PM
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in board but only if Cadwell gives platinum teeth with diamonds as a reward.
  • Tessie
    Tessie
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in board but only if Cadwell gives platinum teeth with diamonds as a reward.

You'll get a level 50 blue ring and be happy with it!
  • NGP
    NGP
    ✭✭✭
    I think Cadwell would send you to help Molag bal organize and invade Tamriel in Platinum.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now you want to further splinter the community between more "realities"? I'd prefer we just get leveled DOWN to other zones so that we can still play in those zones and complete the content. Remove silver and gold altogether and have it so when you go to the enemies factions you are playing with members of that faction.

My thoughts were posted here:
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The trick is to actually scale us down, screwing with zone balance is a chore, easier to battle level players to the zone than visa versa.

Edit: Just saw @Gidorick already answered above me... so what he said.

2nd Edit: Hey kids, just say NO to content waste!
    Edited by nimander99 on September 16, 2015 8:03PM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now a diamond grill, 100% should be implemented into the future barber shop :p
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    So now you want to further splinter the community between more "realities"? I'd prefer we just get leveled DOWN to other zones so that we can still play in those zones and complete the content. Remove silver and gold altogether and have it so when you go to the enemies factions you are playing with members of that faction.

Further splintering? Yeah, because v10s run their starter zone for content all of the time. [/sarcasm] If anything this would unify the high level players into a single instance of Tamriel. Add in repeatable quests and you could even have large groups from different alliances questing together. Imagine if all trophies were avaialble from platinum mobs as well. Now think about the justice system and bounties and you have a self-sustaining ecosystem of high level players doing high level content with high level mobs throughout all of Tamriel. No more over-leveling content and better yet, it can be adjusted to compensate for all future vet rank increases (or eventual removal).

As for leveling DOWN, FFXIV does this for high level players and it works well enough. I guess it would be the inverse of battle leveling so it is plausible but experience gains seem problematic since low level enemies are not worth much even if you are scaled down. I honestly think it would be easier to just make Tamriel scale to v14 and include a unified instance for all players that have completed Cadwell's Gold.
    Edited by Hiero_Glyph on September 16, 2015 8:16PM
  • Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why do people want scaling and battle leveling so much. It makes gear and stats obsolete. You might as well just have a naked character with battle leveling. :(
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks

I'd rather they go ahead and remove VR levels as planned and open up the silver and gold zones as questing zones with no level restrictions.

This would allow ppl to play at leisure and also continue leveling up champion skills as they desire if PvP or dungeons and trials aren't of interest
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks

I'd rather they go ahead and remove VR levels as planned and open up the silver and gold zones as questing zones with no level restrictions.

This would allow ppl to play at leisure and also continue leveling up champion skills as they desire if PvP or dungeons and trials aren't of interest

That would be fine so long as they remove the arbitrary alliance restrictions on content when you start Cadwell's. Quest sharing could help as well but repeatable quests are still needed as well. The problem is that once you start Cadwell's you are removing yourself from a large segment of the population and this needs to be changed. If anything reaching this end-game scenario should unify the players.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be fine so long as they remove the arbitrary alliance restrictions on content when you start Cadwell's. Quest sharing could help as well but repeatable quests are still needed as well. The problem is that once you start Cadwell's you are removing yourself from a large segment of the population and this needs to be changed. If anything reaching this end-game scenario should unify the players.

Agree.

However, asking Cadwell to remember another precious metal might be (in Cadwell's words) "a right muck-up".
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Carde wrote: »
    Why do people want scaling and battle leveling so much. It makes gear and stats obsolete. You might as well just have a naked character with battle leveling. :(

This right here folks, pay attention. Want to see it in all of it's terrible and mundane glory...GW2.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks

Are you familiar with the story as well as the quest line behind the silver and gold quests.

-You're magically there but not really there so to merge alliances would conflict with the story-line and the at war situation.
    Also playing with other alliances and then going into PvP is a big no, no.
    Reaching end game wouldn't unify other alliances as the story again places us at war and the only compromise was to fight off Molag Bal. After this, the sides remained at war as explained in the story and even during this time the alliances were at war...only the king/queens and fighters guild/mages guilds are working together.

-As far as repeatable quests...those will come in another zone with the next DLC...our zone doesn't have repeatable quests so others wouldn't as well.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on September 16, 2015 9:23PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • RakshaTheKhajiit
    Am I crazy or would a scaled up version of Tamriel with repeatable quests be a lot of fun instead of being stuck in the last zone of Cadwell's Gold/Craglorn?
    That would be cool, although I'd rather have it right after main quest.
    Do you like to run things in all Khajiit teams? Me too, so don't ever hesitate to contact me in game (@RakshaTheKhajiit, PC NA) if you'd like to be in one of our all Khajiit runs or you need more Khajiit for your runs.
  • Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Carde wrote: »

This right here folks, pay attention. Want to see it in all of it's terrible and mundane glory...GW2.

In the weekend PvP betas where the battle leveling was implemented I would just run around completely armorless and fight. It had a certain novelty but it made me wonder why I spent any effort trying to get gear or distributing points into anything other than skills and morphs.

GW2 is a great example of that form of awfulness.
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group
  • Flyersfan314
    Flyersfan314
    ✭✭✭
    The entire concept of three separate factions is dumb.Making an MMORPG where it is inconvenient to play with friends is not a good move.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

and mine are here:
    In short, Cadwell's Silver and Gold would be completely optional, and there would be two versions of each zone; a "Normal" Lvl 1-43 version, and a "Veteran" 50+ version. The Normal versions would be for that alliance only, and would contain the standard levelling quests. The Veteran versions would be cross-faction, scaled to 50+, would contain the Silver/Gold quests for the members of the other alliances, and would contain repeatable quests for everyone (so that those who have completed Silver/Gold there have more to do, and so that members of that alliance would have more content in their home zones).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks

Are you familiar with the story as well as the quest line behind the silver and gold quests.

-You're magically there but not really there so to merge alliances would conflict with the story-line and the at war situation.
    Also playing with other alliances and then going into PvP is a big no, no.
    Reaching end game wouldn't unify other alliances as the story again places us at war and the only compromise was to fight off Molag Bal. After this, the sides remained at war as explained in the story and even during this time the alliances were at war...only the king/queens and fighters guild/mages guilds are working together.

-As far as repeatable quests...those will come in another zone with the next DLC...our zone doesn't have repeatable quests so others wouldn't as well.

Sorry for the delay in responding but how would it conflict with the active storyline? Think about it, your character has no innate affiliation to any faction; you are simply found in the water. They do not even need to be a native of the alliance in question. Furthermore, given the background of Cadwell's why couldn't you just be a random adventurer since there would be no factional storyline in this instance of Tamriel? Basically the story goes on without you and you are free to do whatever you want. This would open Tamriel up for open world content for high level players; all of it, not just the end of Cadwell's Gold. Additionally, having an end-game instance of Tamriel would integrate nicely with the Justice System, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood as players could quest, steal, kill, collect bounties, and have a place to just play around for fun. The implications of such an open world playground are limitless.

The point being that Tamriel is a huge, detailed area made up of 17 zones and 5 starter islands and once you reach the end-game you have no reason to revisit any of these places unless you missed/skipped something. Even then the zones have nothing to offer in terms of experience or items since the content is underleveled. Why shouldn't we as a community want to freely explore what accounts for almost 90% of the game in some meaningful way?
    Edited by Hiero_Glyph on September 17, 2015 8:14PM
  • Endless-Shogun
    Endless-Shogun
    ✭✭✭
    I could work with this idea, but ONLY if it was modified to be Open World, all Zones, PvE Open PvP.

Imperial City on a Tamriel Scale? Yes please.
    - The Legion Empire -
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could work with this idea, but ONLY if it was modified to be Open World, all Zones, PvE Open PvP.

Imperial City on a Tamriel Scale? Yes please.

Open PvP? No, that is too much. But if the Justice System is added then you could hunt down hostile players who would be unable to leave the area until their bounty was reduced over time or by paying the fine. This would make it consentual PvP but it could potentially work simillar to IC, just without any alliance restrictions. Of course, given how large Tamriel is the PvP would be much more sparse but this would also keep it more exciting since it would be unexpected when it happens.
  • Endless-Shogun
    Endless-Shogun
    ✭✭✭
    Consensual but still kinda ***-y... I guess i could make that work.
    - The Legion Empire -