The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Your Magicka, Health, and Stamina bars will now remain visible - Do you like it?

MissBizz
MissBizz
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
[EDIT] Please also voice your opinion via /feedback in game. [/EDIT]

I read the patch notes.. twice. Yet I didn't seem to catch this.

I was online today when a guildmate mentioned their stamina and health bar never going away.. I also noticed my magicka and health never going away. I disabled all addons, removed the folder, all that jazz. Just to be told that this was an INTENDED change. (I must have missed it) Now, if you have an active effect (such as food buff) the stat (mag,stam or health) that it effects - the bar will NEVER go away. To the point of turning all healthbars in the game "OFF" it still will not go away.

It was mentioned upcoming changes to the UI will be completely optional. I would have REALLY enjoyed this to be optional. I never noticed in the PTS as I was in IC and always seemed to be in battle - not peacefully questing. As someone who plays certain characters with minimal UI (no quest tracker, no quest markers on some) I would really prefer that this be an option.

Do you like the new change?
Your Magicka, Health, and Stamina bars will now remain visible while under an active effect, such as food buffs.
Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord

Your Magicka, Health, and Stamina bars will now remain visible - Do you like it? 411 votes

Yes
27%
CardeSnoopmyelf_ESOMisterBigglesworthtrimsic_ESOagabahmeatshieldb14_ESODaveMoeDeeWarloxBigMsnowmanflvb14_ESOKalikiKasIruil_ESOlewispace619b16_ESOitaybrodskyb16_ESOAimorabigbabyleonb16_ESOOjustabooDayaVegarothdennissomb16_ESO 113 votes
No
47%
NestorZazaajiNobleNerdomegatay_ESOAren_Lioremjp_ESOGilvothMasterFUNG_ESOMoloch1514Joy_Divisionk9mouseWhendim_ESOSunraRunumuk_ESOmilesrodneymcneely2_ESOArtisNewBlacksmurfffxijunkieb14_ESOSentinelMercyKilling 196 votes
I don't care
24%
SirAndyrophez_ESOHuggalumpwayfarerxElder_MartinDeandraThymosUriel_NocturneParadoxPsychobunniFreemanStalwart385jorgeh401b14_ESOOsteosSoulshineSeliqueIxtyrKilaraSchattenfluegelSpringt-Über-Zwerge 102 votes
  • Rodvic
    Rodvic
    ✭✭✭
    No
    It needs to be an option. Forcing things like this on players is terrible imho.

Hopefully this is just a bug
    Edited by Rodvic on September 1, 2015 12:50AM
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Obvious choice as I made the poll and thread. I do not enjoy this new change.

I have sent in feedback and asked guildmates who have also stated their dislike for this change to do the same.

Don't worry though ESO, I still <3 you. (But I will <3 you more if this becomes an option ;))
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't like it, and I would prefer for it to be an optional thing, but at the same time it doesn't bother me much. If you're going for full immersion I could see it being really annoying. For me it's just a little annoying.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • MerlinGambino
    No
    I had no idea about this, this is terrible.
    MageLife
    Options
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I really dislike it. I use tri-food buffs, so now I have all bars visible, all the time.

I don't see how there's any benefit to seeing your base stats when you're not in combat. It just clutters the screen with unnecessary information.

I really hope a toggle is added in the near future.
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Rodvic wrote: »
    It needs to be an option. Forcing things like this on players is terrible imho.

Hopefully this is just a bug

@Rodvic I have confirmed it is not a bug. I thought it was at first, but was corrected. (Quote is inside spoiler tag)

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2202753/#Comment_2202753
    MissBizz wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno My health and magicka bars will not go away. A fellow guildmate experiences health and stamina bars never going away.

I have disabled all add-ons.

I have moved add-ons to somewhere different (so they are not in the game at all)

I have turned Healthbars "OFF" in the actual game settings. Tried off just for my character. Then the blanket "OFF" switch and they STILL won't go away.

I also tried porting to somewhere different.. still there...

If there's anything else I can test. Let me know.

Sounds like this is by design. Per the patch notes:
    • Your Magicka, Health, and Stamina bars will now remain visible while under an active effect, such as food buffs.

Does that sound like that's what's happening, @MissBizz?
    Options
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    For me personally, would be IDC as I use an addon with percentages that I prefer.
    I understand your point of view, however, and any UI changes like that should be optional.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
    Options
  • Kairin
    Kairin
    ✭✭
    No
    Very annoying. Do not like. At all.
    Kai-rin AD - DK/Tank
    Kai-Lily AD - Templar/Healer
    Kai-Mera AD - MagDK/DPS
    Kai PolarisAD - MagSorc/DPS

I like stuff, and also, things.
    Options
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Though the little unobtrusive disappearing circles as in Oblivion would have been fine. I like to know this info so it can be replenished as needed but I am all for options. Not everyone likes the same things and, apparently, even between characters there is some variability.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
    Options
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, if you have an active effect (such as food buff) the stat (mag,stam or health) that it effects - the bar will NEVER go away.

It's always been that way on PS4. No need to disable any Addons, we don't have any.

PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The thing I loved about eso was the clean interface and it only showing UI features when applicable (or you wanted them to). This is a move in the wrong direction imho.
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Moonscythe wrote: »
    Though the little unobtrusive disappearing circles as in Oblivion would have been fine. I like to know this info so it can be replenished as needed but I am all for options. Not everyone likes the same things and, apparently, even between characters there is some variability.

@Moonscythe I really enjoy that you brought up the mention of even between characters. That rings very true for me. Even just for different types of gameplay on the same character. When quest I go extremely minimal, but when I hop in a dungeon I have a full on UI with minimap/combat log/buff tracker etc.

I would enjoy to toggle this "on" when I am in a dungeon (even though your bars suddenly appear and shrink when you buff goes away pre 2.1) but while questing I don't like it. ..to the point I didn't eat food again.
    Options
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    No
    While I voted No, I personally prefer to see those bars visible at all times. However, as others have stated, more options is better than less. I don't even mind the inconvenience of it being off by default, and having to turn it on myself, if it means having the option in the first place.
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
    Options
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    I voted I don't care because I use addon that changes the basic mode bars anyway
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I voted I don't care because I use addon that changes the basic mode bars anyway

@Psychobunni I use an addon that squishes them together. Does your add-on by chance force the bars to become invisible when not injured/when at 100%? (I would install it in a heartbeat)
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Have you checked to see if your addon is affected by this change? If the addon still allows the bars to disappear outside of combat, I'm sure people in this thread would be interested to know which addon it is.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. When my bars go away i know to eat more food lol I know I'm a scrub but it's how I tell.
    Options
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    I don't know if this is applicable to consoles, but I voted "I don't care".

That's because, for the most part, h/s/m is usually hidden unless I'm in battle and take damage. However, any time I boost with provisioned items, they stay appeared, even if not in combat.

Hence, my answer.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    This is a big deal to me. On console we get screwed as turning it off still pops up when buffed which is stupid. Off is off

Now it's always on which is stupid
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    I don't care
    UrQuan wrote: »
    I don't like it, and I would prefer for it to be an optional thing, but at the same time it doesn't bother me much. If you're going for full immersion I could see it being really annoying. For me it's just a little annoying.

this but i lean towards liking it.
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care

@Psychobunni I use an addon that squishes them together. Does your add-on by chance force the bars to become invisible when not injured/when at 100%? (I would install it in a heartbeat)

I don't see the in game bars at all. I'm using FTC (esoui.com/downloads/info28-FoundryTacticalCombatFTC.html )

However, mine never fade. You can adjust settings though.

It is kind of dumb if they set it up so you are forced to see the bars are the time. Options = Win. Forced = Fail. Every time.

(and sorry for delayed response)
    Edited by Psychobunni on September 1, 2015 1:30AM
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always had mine shown
    Options
  • Leeric
    Leeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Wow really? Thats just as annoying as the floating friends online symbol. I don't understand why they make it mandatory...wtf...
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

I don't see the in game bars at all. I'm using FTC (esoui.com/downloads/info28-FoundryTacticalCombatFTC.html )

However, mine never fade. You can adjust settings though.

It is kind of dumb if they set it up so you are forced to see the bars are the time. Options = Win. Forced = Fail. Every time.

(and sorry for delayed response)

@Psychobunni Thanks for the reply. *shudders* I don't like them, and they don't go away in combat.. BUT you can turn the opacity down to 0 when "out of combat" which effectively hides them. It's not pretty though :/

Oh, and yes, it is forced we look at the stat bar if we have a buff. Even turning the healthbar OFF doesn't make it go away :(
    Edited by MissBizz on September 1, 2015 1:42AM
    Options
  • Avonna
    Avonna
    ✭✭✭
    they can make these bars visible all the time , but we dam if they put NUMBERS in them.....
    Options
  • Mitchblue
    Mitchblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use a add on that changes the look and puts numbers inside and I like them showing all the time.
    Anyone else rooting for Molag Bal?
    Options
  • Kalfis
    Kalfis
    ✭✭✭✭
    You mean always shown in combat?

Mine still don't show out of combat
    Options
  • thunderwell
    thunderwell
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I don't see it as much of an issue.
    In every MMO I played, the health and resource bars were always visible.
    Same goes for most single player games.
    Perhaps I'm just used to it, and I like to see them, however much they're filled.
    If I want immersion, then I just ignore it, it's not that incredibly intrusive.
    NA, PC Megaserver
    Zhaani, Female Khajiit, Nightblade, AD (current main)
    (Unless otherwise put in my sig, all characters are below level 50)
    Options
  • Avonna
    Avonna
    ✭✭✭
    yeah i use that add on too. just a shame something so simple seems to be so trivial for zos.
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Kalfis wrote: »
    You mean always shown in combat?

Mine still don't show out of combat

@Kalfis No, I mean shown at ALL times. If you have an active effect (such as a food buff on) you will see the bars ALL the time. In AND out of combat.
    I don't see it as much of an issue.
    In every MMO I played, the health and resource bars were always visible.
    Same goes for most single player games.
    Perhaps I'm just used to it, and I like to see them, however much they're filled.
    If I want immersion, then I just ignore it, it's not that incredibly intrusive.

You know, I'm actually incredibly surprised how much this bothers me. As mentioned before, I am most definitely not an "immersion only" person. I enjoy a full UI when I feel I need it (maybe a rather tough boss fight, or ALL dungeons). I guess I was used to the immersive option ESO gave me (or, well, some addons helped with that).
    Edited by MissBizz on September 1, 2015 1:54AM
    Options
This discussion has been closed.