The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Known Issues for Patch v2.1.4 (Imperial City)

• Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would like to report that when I travelled to a group member that is in Imperial Prison, I got sent to White Gold Tower instead. This is for a character that haven't completed both.
    Edited by Qyrk on September 3, 2015 11:25AM
  • Orumus
    Orumus
    reporting very long load times. Disabled all add ons and still long load times.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    WebBull wrote: »
    Several times last night when doing the Dolmens (or whatever they are called in IC), no chest dropped. Also the main boss encounter in the middle of the sewer (after killing the 3 other bosses around the circle), dropped nothing and provided no XP.

Were you running solo, or in a group?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , had a group of around 12 in IC upper. Several times we closed the Coldharbor Oblivion Gates with the anchor pins and several group members had no chest appear.

Also doing the Temple district final quest item - kill the spawns and at least two of us did not have the quest advance, even after the
    Titan
    was dispatched.
    Ran Veteran City of Ash today for the pledge and all four of our team had issues seeing several of Valkyn's mechanics ( especially his the fire flower he drops). None of us could see any of those streaks. We dubbed it blind hard mode.
    @pcdunkleyub17_ESO , we didn't get that far.

H, the Fire Maw's adds seemed to be about quadrupled in quantity and spawning at least twice as fast.

We recalled having this happen before when burning the boss too fast, so last attempt we backed off considerably when he hit 75% and it actually seemed to get worse.

Everything up to that point didn't feel drastically different, including the Colossus and Urata.

We were running it at VR16, unless that's how they opted to scaled up the difficulty of that particular fight?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The leaderboard notification off is not working. I have gone into settings/social/notifications and set it to off. I still get leaderboard notification for trials. When I go check, it's on again so the 'off' is not sticking.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    [Tentatively fixed in patch v2.1.5] If you change your UI scale to something other than default size, it will revert back to default size when loading into a new zone.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Gina, do all the marked tentatively mean there is chance that the patch will NOT fix them?

• Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ran Veteran City of Ash today for the pledge and all four of our team had issues seeing several of Valkyn's mechanics ( especially his the fire flower he drops). None of us could see any of those streaks. We dubbed it blind hard mode.

I've also confirmed this, as per a few days ago's vet pledge. I was literally assuming the fire streaks of where it's running along, so the fight was difficult without knowing this, to say the least.
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mulcibur wrote: »
    @Rev Rielle
    @WebBull
    Believe there was mention of at least contributing 10% damage etc in order to be eligible for rewards of bosses/dolmen mobs.
    Several times last night when doing the Dolmens (or whatever they are called in IC), no chest dropped. Also the main boss encounter in the middle of the sewer (after killing the 3 other bosses around the circle), dropped nothing and provided no XP.

Edit: at that time it was more like 8-10 players in the group.

No one in the group received XP or a chest so it's not the 10% thing.
  • m4keyourself
    m4keyourself
    ✭✭
    Hey everyone, regardless of all the bugs since the release of Imperial City, at least it isn't as half bad as Blizzard's release of WoW's expansion: Warlords of Draenor! XD XD XD

Keep up the good work, devs. I love this game!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Rev Rielle wrote: »

I've had this happen as well.
    Additionally, if someone falls at the end and someone else actives the anchor pin whilst they're down/getting back up and invulnerable, they will not see any chest. I've heard this happening a few times also, though unsure if it is intended or no.

Finally, @ZOS_GinaBruno , any word on the 'of the Phoenix' female robe and whether the graphic is bugged or not? It's fairly clunky and clips extremely badly with some other pieces, for example the Martial Knowledge shoulders.
    Ok, we'll take a look at the lack of chest drops. Regarding the "of the Phoenix" robe, it is graphically bugged and will be fixed in a future patch. Thanks!

GAULSTON7 wrote: »
    [*] [Tentatively fixed in patch v2.1.5] If you change your UI scale to something other than default size, it will revert back to default size when loading into a new zone.
    [/list]

this is a big 1 for me...when is patch v2.1.5 coming? extremely annoying... along with the new and improved ridiculously long load screens, going from zone to zone, we are all experiencing now.
    Patch 2.1.5 is currently scheduled for next Tuesday, Sept 8.

SpAEkus wrote: »
    [Tentatively fixed in patch v2.1.5] If you change your UI scale to something other than default size, it will revert back to default size when loading into a new zone.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Gina, do all the marked tentatively mean there is chance that the patch will NOT fix them?
    There's always a chance that a fix won't pass QA at the last minute for whatever reason, but everything marked tentative for 2.1.5 are scheduled to be in that patch. We just don't want to mark it as definite until the morning of maintenance when everything is verified and ready to go.

We'll investigate all other issues posted in this thread. Thank you!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno another problem I'm seeing is that when you craft a certain item for a writ, it takes several seconds for the notification to pop up that you actually crafted the item. For example "Voidsteel Gauntlets (1/2), Voidsteel Gauntlets (2/2)", etc. Happens on all crafting writs that I'm aware of.
    Edited by Ashtaris on September 4, 2015 2:04PM
  • AlmightyGoldfish
    @ZOS_GinaBruno having another issue. Some People can now not Whisper me at all, I am having to either send them a group invite for Group chat or in zone chat.
    FYI with gaming you meet a lot of different people
    Today you have met the best saltiest person there can be.
    You just met the WhaleSperm
  • Marques
    Marques
    ✭✭✭
    There is a known bug with all Senche mounts purchased in the Crown Store. The issue causes for all the purchased Senche mounts to appear blurry and with a skin texture of very low quality. This bug appears to only affect the Mac client and it was introduced with the new update for the Imperial City.

Related thread: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/212899/senche-mounts-very-low-detail

This has been reported to support who concluded this is a bug that must be fixed by the development team. (Ticket number included in the mentioned thread)

Could the moderators please add this bug to the list of known issues in this thread? That way all of us affected could follow its development and if it will be fixed in the next patch.

Thank you.
    Edited by Marques on September 3, 2015 5:22PM
  • zabados
    zabados
    some trophies will not stack with one another, i have several stacks of the same trophies however they cannot be joined and they are taking up a good amount of space in my bank and in my bag
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this was reported but when you go to inventory and back out again you lose mouse functions until you do /reloadui.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigM wrote: »
    Not sure if this was reported but when you go to inventory and back out again you lose mouse functions until you do /reloadui.

Do you have an add-on loaded? I had this problem with an add-on a few months back that was causing a similar situation.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigM wrote: »

Do you have an add-on loaded? I had this problem with an add-on a few months back that was causing a similar situation.

Looks like I have to do the addon shuffle to find it. :smiley:
    Edited by BigM on September 3, 2015 8:02PM
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »

I've had this happen as well.
    Additionally, if someone falls at the end and someone else actives the anchor pin whilst they're down/getting back up and invulnerable, they will not see any chest. I've heard this happening a few times also, though unsure if it is intended or no.

Finally, @ZOS_GinaBruno , any word on the 'of the Phoenix' female robe and whether the graphic is bugged or not? It's fairly clunky and clips extremely badly with some other pieces, for example the Martial Knowledge shoulders.
    Ok, we'll take a look at the lack of chest drops. Regarding the "of the Phoenix" robe, it is graphically bugged and will be fixed in a future patch. Thanks!

GAULSTON7 wrote: »
    [*] [Tentatively fixed in patch v2.1.5] If you change your UI scale to something other than default size, it will revert back to default size when loading into a new zone.
    [/list]

this is a big 1 for me...when is patch v2.1.5 coming? extremely annoying... along with the new and improved ridiculously long load screens, going from zone to zone, we are all experiencing now.
    Patch 2.1.5 is currently scheduled for next Tuesday, Sept 8.

SpAEkus wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

There's always a chance that a fix won't pass QA at the last minute for whatever reason, but everything marked tentative for 2.1.5 are scheduled to be in that patch. We just don't want to mark it as definite until the morning of maintenance when everything is verified and ready to go.

We'll investigate all other issues posted in this thread. Thank you!

Thank you very much for the reply!
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Here are some things that should be added to the 2.1.4 Known Issues list:

1): Sprinting while mounted is currently broken. The animation, audio, and stamina drain work just fine, but you don't actually move any faster.

2): Dismounting, during a sprint-jump, causes your character to drag their butt on the ground. The walk animation breaks upon landing, and appears as though they are riding the ground. (I hope my character doesn't have worms! :D )

3): Without any other movement speed modifiers applied, jumping while crouched causes the player to jump an unintentionally short distance. It appears that the stealth movement speed penalty is unintentionally applied to the height, and distance, of the jump.

4): The "New Mail" icon does not show properly. It cannot be seen without activating the chat pane through some other means (hit '.', and hover over the chat pane, or hit the enter key, etc). This is a very annoying bug.

5): The new "Stack all items" feature is not available, and does not function, while accessing a Guild bank. (wishful thinking, but here's hoping ;) )

6): Receiving a new mail message requires a relog (Present, since back in the Beta ... again, still hoping).

7): For some characters, loading screen times have doubled, tripled, or worse. On my own account, this seems to primarily affect more 'robust' characters. The character most heavily affected is my VR 15, EP, Altmer, Master crafter, with over 280 skill points, and over 10k in achievement points.

8): When at a "smithing style" crafting station, the "fidget" animation pops, and hitches (Just standing at a woodworking station for a little while will reveal this bug)

There are many others, but those are the only ones I can currently remember, off the top of my head.
    I have reported all of these using the in-game /bug UI, and some of them have been reported several times.

With that said, I'd just like to ask a straightforward question:
    Should I stop reporting bugs through the /bug UI, and instead report them here?

This would be less convenient for me, and would significantly increase my forum post count, but it would also make them far more visible.
    If reporting bugs on the forums is the chosen medium, I would highly recommend a separate "Bug Reports" forum.

However, if you would prefer that folks continue to report bugs using the /bug UI, I would heavily recommend having the QA and UI teams look it over thoroughly for a revamp.
    Many features have been added since the beta ... and this is still the same /bug UI from way back then.
    If you would like to have bug reports submitted with a specific format, such as that listed in the text box of the /bug UI, this would be an opportune time to add specific question and answer fields.

As always, I hope this helps,
    ~GTech_1
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    @AzraelAcid
    AzraelAcid wrote: »
    Has anyone had the horrific hitching in FPS and Latency?

Both my husband and I were having that issue. He turned off his minimap addon and it worked for him. I turned off mine a while later, and it fixed my issue too. It is the one by Fyrakin. I just checked it's status and it had an update, so maybe it will be better after I update it.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went to do Daughter of Giants quest on my V1 Templar, could not get into the Harborage at all. Tried multiple times to no avail. Kept getting an endless loading screen.
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to add one that myself and a few others have talked about.

Regular books/bookcases are causing the 'New Lorebook Discovered' prompt to flash across the screen. This seems to just be a bug with the prompt, as it does not affect my Mages Guild level in any way. Normal lorebooks seem to be working just fine.
  • AzraelAcid
    AzraelAcid
    ✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    Ipsius wrote: »
    Bug with Resto-Destro Staff Heavy Attacks:

-While weaving "medium" attacks between skills, the windup (or channel) of the heavy attack will get "stuck" and you will be unable to perform other actions until a fully charged heavy attack completes. Also, while at close range, you circle the target while charging or channeling the attack, even without any movement input.
    This also happens with Sorc Overload.

This also happens with Rapid Maneuver. Many of my abilities "stall" or do not go off at all. 10/10 times, this is what gets me killed.

We are also still experiencing the cursor bug, after entering menus, looting, banking, or trying to type in chat. Have to hit . to get it back to recticle.
    You can not earn Respect by tolerating Disrespect.
    Death is the graduation of the soul
    .- Sylvia Browne

Aleawyn - CP810 - Sorcorer - AD - North American Megasever
  • mystercee
    mystercee
    ✭✭
    A new and extremely irritating development in the past 24hrs is the increase crashes. This would appear to be related to latency and loading issues. As I type I have suffered four crashes in the past 1hr of play. At this rate I'm spending more time logging in and loading than I am actually playing.

Yesterday, with help from a guild mate, discovered the HarvestMap addon is contributing to lagging. With it disabled lag can be manageable. However, the increased crash rate is beyond frustrating.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I am only able to play for about 30-40 minutes before I start to get horrible fps and ping requiring a relog. Relogging fixes it every time but again only lasts for about 30 min before starting again. I'm on MAC-NA and had been here for the original MAC memory leak bug back around v1.4-5 and this is very familiar to that....can you confirm if you've got a memory leak issue again? or even if your looking into this as being an issue?

It's not just myself on MAC either, some guildies on PC get this as well. It's killing my deeps!

Thank in advance.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

"Food and drink buffs are not currently affected by Champion points or Champion passives."

Willows Path, the 5th Setbonus, doesn´t affect drinks either.

Will we see a fix anytime soon? It´s a huge issue for sustain builds.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

?

sad-kitty-our-wolf-pack-30789040-500-333.jpg
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zabados wrote: »
    some trophies will not stack with one another, i have several stacks of the same trophies however they cannot be joined and they are taking up a good amount of space in my bank and in my bag
    @zabados, hover over the tooltip for the differing stacks.

I suspect they are of different level, thus technically different items.

(Level 5 Everfrost won't stack with Level 6 Everfrost, for instance.) (The level of your character / group leader when collecting determines the item level.)
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on September 4, 2015 4:24PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not see any mention of the long loading screens all time when we transit or enter dungeons.

Does this mean it's working as intended and this is now the norm?

I have all my drivers up to date and no addon's make no difference!
  • Sensesfail13
    Sensesfail13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your game is no longer fun, pvp as a whole is dead, imperial city is a cluster, and every one of the builds we had 5 days ago are totally useless. Tanks are turtles that can do nothing but sit in a corner and stare at taunt debuff and stamina bars and the state of healing/regens/dragonknights/and heavy armor is in very bad shape.

@ZOS_GinaBruno are there any plans or talks in place to revert some of the changes made in the Imperial City update or is the official stance still that they are happy with the changes and plan to keep them in place.

I would add that my continued gameplay, money towards the game, and the subscriptions of many of my friends depend on an official announcement thus far. I only state these things and ask for something official because this game is dead to me right now, my DK was my everything in this game and now I can no longer play even marginally how I liked to play prior to the patch and many of my friends and guildmates agree.
    Wisherr, Dragonknight, Haderus, NA Server.
    Wisher of Naught, Nightblade, Haderus, NA Server.
    Guild officer: Abandoned Legion
  • Geralt_of_Aalst
    New for me since this patch: when sprinting (mounted or unmounted) there's a considerable chance the camera will "lock", meaning the camera no longer moves when I move the mouse. Releasing the sprint key (Shift) immediately releases the camera but also causes the camera's point of view to shift a bit, presumably a late response to the movement of the mouse while the camera was locked.

Edit: after googling a bit, it seems this problem is not related to the latest patch. There seem to be several threads about this issue already, some recent and some a year old. No solution as of yet though. So still worth looking into. I added my specs in the thread where ZOS is gathering data: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/198860/unusual-control-lag-latency-camera-fails-to-rotate-movement-sticks-etc-na-server
    Edited by Geralt_of_Aalst on September 5, 2015 6:44PM
    I may contradict myself but at least I don't contradict myself
  • Kyuumu
    Kyuumu
    ✭✭✭
    Ok these are the ones I have seen and experienced in the last 48 hours. Only the first three are deal breakers the rest are just things that need to be looked at. Some of these might have been posted by others, just letting you know they are not alone.

*Horrendous latency and FPS (to the point where I can't move) coming in waves in every zone (yes I checked every zone)
    *Dragonball Z load times
    *Client Crashes and Log outs GALORE
    *Everything I read.... is a lorebook....EVERYTHING
    *My Health, Magick and Stamina bars have started randomly disappearing and reappearing (have heard this one may be a settings issue not sure, gonna check)
    *Cannot Deposit Bound items into my personal bank
    *Dungeon Difficulty cannot make up it's mind what it is going to be (mind you I am not doing any dungeons)
    *Ended up dead half way across the map when I existed the bank in Auridon
    *My Favorite annoyance so far.....My GIANT UI