The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Known Issues for Patch v2.1.4 (Imperial City)

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Below is a list of known issues we've identified for the launch of the Imperial City DLC game pack, and will add additional issues if needed as we verify them as legitimate. You will see a status below each issue, and we’ll update this thread as we have more info on each.

Alliance War
General
  • [RESOLVED 8/31 @ 4:00pm EDT] Keeps and transit shrines in Azura's Star NA are not currently appearing. We are actively looking into this.

Combat & Gameplay
General
  • Some abilities cast by enemy player characters are causing a higher fall damage than intended.
  • [Working on a fix] Food and drink buffs are not currently affected by Champion points or Champion passives.

World
  • Werewolf
    • [Fixed in patch v2.1.5] You may become stuck in the Werewolf transformation animation when either entering a Sanctuary location in Imperial City, or if you are silenced while transforming. As a temporary workaround, you can activate your Werewolf transformation to revert as you normally would.
    • [Fixed in patch v2.1.5] Your ability bar may fail to swap after you transform into a werewolf. As a temporary workaround, you can activate your Werewolf transformation to revert as you normally would.

Crown Store
General
  • [Fixed in patch v2.1.5] Crown Store consumable tooltips incorrectly state that they only scale to VR5 or VR10.
  • [Fixed in patch v2.1.5] Crown Store consumables do not currently scale beyond VR15. This is not intended, and they are meant to scale with your level, up to VR16.

Exploration & Itemization
Item Sets
  • [Fixed in patch v2.1.5] Phoenix: Your character may get stuck if killed from a damage over time effect while wearing this item set. Unequipping items will cause you to rightfully die, and become unstuck.

Miscellaneous
General
  • [This is not actually applicable for this patch] Using the command /reloadui may take several minutes to activate.
  • [Working on a fix] There have been reports of long loading screens and/or poor FPS since the Imperial City update.

UI
General
  • [Fixed in patch v2.1.5] If you change your UI scale to something other than default size, it will revert back to default size when loading into a new zone.

Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on September 8, 2015 1:53PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty used to the fall damage at this point, Gina.

Watch your step
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miscellaneous
    General
    • Using the command /reloadui may take several minutes to activate.

SEVERAL MINUTES? Geez.. ok.. thanks for the heads up.
    Edited by Darlgon on August 31, 2015 5:38PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just added the following known issue to the original post:
    • Keeps and transit shrines in Azura's Star NA are not currently appearing. We are actively looking into this.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna throw this out there, but no player casted ability should cause fall damage. That should only happen when you fall from a particular hight - it shouldn't be built into the ability (if so). That's probably why it's been doing that for months now.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you add not being able to set a home or guest campaign in there? I swapped yesterday and I still have the cooldown, even though I have no active campaign, meaning I don't get to play IC. :|
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    * Reduced the cost of class stamina abilities by 20% so they are equivalent to weapon abilities.

Class stamina morph reduction only looks to be about 2%, not 20%. Did someone miss a zero when implementing this? The concept of stamina morphs is great, but they are rarely competitive with weapon skills due to their high costs.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    * Reduced the cost of class stamina abilities by 20% so they are equivalent to weapon abilities.

Class stamina morph reduction only looks to be about 2%, not 20%. Did someone miss a zero when implementing this? The concept of stamina morphs is great, but they are rarely competitive with weapon skills due to their high costs.

This is the result of a very vague patch note. Only some of the abilities were reduced by 20%. Some were reduced by less, and some weren't reduced at all. We'll edit the original note to say that it only affects some abilities, and will try to get clarification on which ones were specifically affected.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just added the following known issue to the original post:
    • If you change your UI scale to something other than default size, it will revert back to default size when loading into a new zone.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno My health and magicka bars will not go away. A fellow guildmate experiences health and stamina bars never going away.

I have disabled all add-ons.

I have moved add-ons to somewhere different (so they are not in the game at all)

I have turned Healthbars "OFF" in the actual game settings. Tried off just for my character. Then the blanket "OFF" switch and they STILL won't go away.

I also tried porting to somewhere different.. still there...

If there's anything else I can test. Let me know.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    MissBizz wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno My health and magicka bars will not go away. A fellow guildmate experiences health and stamina bars never going away.

I have moved add-ons to somewhere different (so they are not in the game at all)

I have turned Healthbars "OFF" in the actual game settings. Tried off just for my character. Then the blanket "OFF" switch and they STILL won't go away.

Sounds like this is by design. Per the patch notes:
    • Your Magicka, Health, and Stamina bars will now remain visible while under an active effect, such as food buffs.

Does that sound like that's what's happening, @MissBizz?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Your Magicka, Health, and Stamina bars will now remain visible while under an active effect, such as food buffs.

Ugh... yes @ZOS_GinaBruno my food just went away and so did the bars.... it's really not pretty though... I even turn off the quest tracker on this character... big bright bars aren't helping :( I'll go /feedback and let my guildmate know. Thanks.

[EDIT[ I would have though with the UI changes incoming and being "optional" that turning my healthbar completely off would at least turn them off.
    Edited by MissBizz on September 1, 2015 12:37AM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please fix the UI Scaling bug. It's getting pretty annoying to have to rescale it when entering a new zone.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must admit the size of this patch and everything you guys did in it has really been a great patch with hardly any big issues.

Plus no game breaking bugs. Good Job Dev's I really have to say well done and you guys deserve a round on me.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Kyuumu
    Kyuumu
    ✭✭✭
    I agree BigM some of the other patches have been absolutely catastrophic lol. I am only having the ui scaling bug so that is an accomplishment! Good work you guys!
  • Matunnos
    Matunnos
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    didn´t I read in this forum, that the championsystem gets a cap?
    This would be fair for the weeklys or the ranglists. I´m sad, that I didn´t read it in the natchpods. When does it come?

Thanks.
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While participating in the Veteran Bannished Cells Pledge tonight (11pm PST) during the fight with Maw of the Infernal the fire trails left behind by the effect that's put on a player became invisible during the fight. People would unknowingly be standing or walking in fire and die instantly. This fight is horribly broken now.

We were running the instance scaled to Vet 15. NA-PC mega server.
    Edited by lonewolf26 on September 1, 2015 6:51AM
  • AzraelAcid
    AzraelAcid
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone had the horrific hitching in FPS and Latency? I assume this is due to many people downloading and patching the game, and the population on the megaserver. Gods please let that be the case. Otherwise I'm done here.

We took about 12 guildies into IC tonight, and ALL but 2 complained of FPS and latency lag. And I mean game breaking lag. Not the zerg fight lag, but the kind where you drop to 2 FPS and your screen freezes, ESO stops responding, followed by crashing. We cut the run short after about of hour of hiccuping through this god awful lag.

I have a business grade internet connection. I have an i5 quad core, 16 gigs of ram, and a rocking graphics card. I'm used to running at around 90 FPS with no latency, even in a large fight. Dropping to 2 FPS on my machine is ridiculous.
    I removed all addons from the game, rebooted several times, and cycled my router. It's not me ZoS.

Can we get some info on what's going on here?
    You can not earn Respect by tolerating Disrespect.
    Death is the graduation of the soul
    .- Sylvia Browne

Aleawyn - CP810 - Sorcorer - AD - North American Megasever
  • jonoville
    jonoville
    ✭✭
    6 hours after starting...Wow 1% downloaded. Wish I could get refunded for time lost on these ridiculous patches.
  • Mulgorrah
    Mulgorrah
    ✭✭
    I have a couple of issues that I discovered post patch. First of which, my Puncturing Sweep ability seems to slip from the crosshair and aim in a completely different direction. See image below:

1441092722_Screenshot_20150901_031824.png

As you can see, this is the tail end of the puncturing sweep ability as it was difficult to get a screenshot of the spear itself, but it was aimed almost 90 degrees to the right and not where the crosshair/mouse was. This animation bug started immediately after the patch, and I'm not sure if its affecting gameplay but it is annoying and makes me feel out of control.

My second issue is with a quest icon on the compass bar, see pic below as well:

1441093161_Screenshot_20150901_031855.png

This large bugged icon appeared even when I was still inside the quest circle, also noticed this after the latest patch.
  • robo26
    robo26
    ✭✭✭
    "Anyone who owns ESOTU and has an active ESO Plus membership will also automatically have access to the Imperial City DLC game pack. If your ESO Plus membership ends or lapses, you will no longer have access to the Imperial City DLC game pack content and areas, but you will still have any items you earned while you had access."

For some reason couldn't reply directly to the patch notes??

Anyway, quick question, from the above quote it seems that if you purchase the dlc but don't subscribe to eso plus you will keep the dlc indefinitely. As opposed to subscribers who in effect pay a lot more for the dlc (I know we get the crowns - but I can live without the costumes etc.) lose it if we stop subscribing?? Surely, there should come a point that subscribers should own the dlc also?

Please correct me if I am wrong.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robo26 wrote: »
    Anyway, quick question, from the above quote it seems that if you purchase the dlc but don't subscribe to eso plus you will keep the dlc indefinitely. As opposed to subscribers who in effect pay a lot more for the dlc (I know we get the crowns - but I can live without the costumes etc.) lose it if we stop subscribing?? Surely, there should come a point that subscribers should own the dlc also?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Just buy the DLC with the crowns that are "given" to you as a subscriber and there you go, you own the DLC.

• AlmightyGoldfish
    Having a problem deleting guild message's for the day. Comes up with the option, Makes the sound but wont delete. Minor Issue though, keep up the good work Zenimax!
    FYI with gaming you meet a lot of different people
    Today you have met the best saltiest person there can be.
    You just met the WhaleSperm
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    The 'of the phoenix' robe looks like something has gone very wrong graphically wise. The graphic on a Female Redguard, with the front breastplate.
    Do the developers know about this?
    Anyone else noticed this?
    Edited by Rev Rielle on September 1, 2015 11:24AM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a side-on image of the robe with no other pieces on. You really have to see it in-game to get the full jagged edged effect around the chest (It must be a bug it's so bad looking).

Also as an aside; not so much of a bug, but just bad looking: The hip-plates aren't 'curved' at all to fit the form like they are on most every other piece in the game. As such they look out of place and fairly bad too. Hopefully this is not 'working as intended'.

of%20the%20Phoenix%20Robe%20Graphical%20Glitch_zpsuxraac9i.jpg
    Edited by Rev Rielle on September 1, 2015 11:36AM
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ugh... yes @ZOS_GinaBruno my food just went away and so did the bars.... it's really not pretty though... I even turn off the quest tracker on this character... big bright bars aren't helping :( I'll go /feedback and let my guildmate know. Thanks.

[EDIT[ I would have though with the UI changes incoming and being "optional" that turning my healthbar completely off would at least turn them off.

I agree. I thought this was a bug too, and spent time looking for 'toggle off options'. I hope this is reverted, or at least given the option. Having my magicka bar constantly bleed through my chat window is less than desirable.
  • capnbinky
    capnbinky
    ✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »

I agree. I thought this was a bug too, and spent time looking for 'toggle off options'. I hope this is reverted, or at least given the option. Having my magicka bar constantly bleed through my chat window is less than desirable.

Thirded. I like the way my ui is pretty clear most of the time when out of combat. This is really aggravating.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rev Rielle and @capnbinky I have started a thread on the stat bar subeject. Feel free to read and comment if you wish. Also don't forget to sumbit some /feedback in game!

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/212318/your-magicka-health-and-stamina-bars-will-now-remain-visible-do-you-like-it

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We're investigating all issues mentioned last night/this morning, and will let you know as soon as we have an update. Thanks for the reports, guys!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Having a problem deleting guild message's for the day. Comes up with the option, Makes the sound but wont delete. Minor Issue though, keep up the good work Zenimax!

We just tried to reproduce this internally, but aren't having any luck. Can you either take a screenshot/video, or give us a bit more info? Also, are you on the NA or EU megaserver?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing I noticed while playing, whenever I launched the Ult Shooting Star (Meteor morph) the visual effects would many times not render for me on screen. I'd see one here and there, but the majority I dropped were invisible. Players in group with me could confirm seeing it going off. I could only tell it went off due to FTC's Scrolling Combat Text. I noticed this when running Vet BC, and in the Imperial City Sewers.
    Edited by lonewolf26 on September 1, 2015 2:28PM