The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Allow stamina regeneration while blocking

Swarog
Swarog
✭✭✭
Combat & Gameplay
General
  • You will no longer regenerate stamina while blocking.
This is the worst change for me as tank. I prefer it will be removed.
It was very hard to make enough stamina after 1.6. I've received more serious problem with stamina in 2.1.

P.S.:
Maybe my feelings about stamina acquired due to very high lags (ping: 300 - 10,000).
$ Welcome to the new trade guild The Wolves. Our trader located in Wayrest. Join us! Send me mail or /tell to @swarog.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Swarog wrote: »
    Combat & Gameplay
    General
    • You will no longer regenerate stamina while blocking.
    This is the worst change for me as tank. I prefer it will be removed.
    It was very hard to make enough stamina after 1.6. I've received more serious problem with stamina in 2.1.

P.S.:
    Maybe my feelings about stamina acquired due to very high lags (ping: 300 - 10,000).

I think a 50% reduction in stam regen is much more reasonable.
    They won't leave us as is, but the proposed 0 stam regen when blocking seems insane and overboard. Maybe they'll tweak this.

JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Swarog
    Swarog
    ✭✭✭
    I understand why it's done such a way. Tanks in PvP may cast while holding block and it's difficult to kill them. But tank has low DPS to be dungerous to others. This nerf should be removed completely as it was before.
    $ Welcome to the new trade guild The Wolves. Our trader located in Wayrest. Join us! Send me mail or /tell to @swarog.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lag will make it completely broken.

How do I block for a charge when I get stunned as soon as the player activates the skill and not when they get to me. This means I cannot react to what I see and raise block to block the charge. So I waste stam trying to block, waste stam standing back up with break free and waste stam blocking their assault as they try and take advantage of the knock down - all while getting no recovery.

Even now, I'll block stuff I can see coming like a shard and raise my shield up, it hits my shield and still knocks me down b/c of latency.

CC is already too important in this game and the no stam thing just makes it more so.
    Edited by xaraan on July 29, 2015 1:10AM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Swarog
    Swarog
    ✭✭✭
    Very quick stamina regeneration may be allowed while staying without block in addition to zero stamina regeneration under block. It may be passive ability in One Hand and Sword line to realize such behavior.
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This change is just stupid.
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well in PvP with the right build you could already lock forever and that was only going to become more prevalent as people get more & more CPs. Hell, even with a light armor build you can block forever if you have enough CPs (just put CPs to block cost reduction and when you mana sustain is no longer an issue, use block cost reduction enchants on jewls). So as resource sustain became less and less trivial you could focus on getting your damage up while being behind block.

Like with Bolt Escape and roll-dodge, something needed to be done. But I thought from the start that completely removing regen was pretty harsh. Maybe a 50% reduction would be better.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Swarog
    Swarog
    ✭✭✭
    My current preferences:
    • Best solution - normal stamina regeneration as before PTS.
    • Good solution - very fast regeneration without block and zero regeneration under block to keep 2.1 idea alive.
    • Worst solution - leave 50% regeneration under block because it's not enough and equal to zero regeneration in limit.
  • Vatter
    Vatter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I 100% AGREE with the decision to make no stamina regen while blocking. when a stamina user can tank 8+ players for 4 to 5 mins by themselves theres a problem.

KEEP THE NO STAMINA REGEN WHILE BLOCKING PLEASE!!
  • Swarog
    Swarog
    ✭✭✭
    Vatter, I think you aren't tank. Try to tank without stamina regeneration before saying this. Be objective.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ran into a lot of permablockers in pvp, they dont seem to have issues
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vatter wrote: »
    I 100% AGREE with the decision to make no stamina regen while blocking. when a stamina user can tank 8+ players for 4 to 5 mins by themselves theres a problem.

KEEP THE NO STAMINA REGEN WHILE BLOCKING PLEASE!!

This is a PvP issue which can be addressed in PvP without breaking Tanking in PvE.

They could make it so player attacks cost twice as much stamona to block as monster attacks, for example.

It's very disheartening to see one of the major play styles so drastically nerfed because of how it plays in only 1 part of the game.
  • Swarog
    Swarog
    ✭✭✭
    PvP tanks is not a problem. They live long but doesn't hurts you. Their DPS is too low.
    If tanks will be nerfed such a way on PvP. I don't know how to play without survivability and DPS. Are you joking?
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Swarog here you go, enjoy the new set. it will fix your problem

http://i.imgur.com/GIgAOoF.png

GIgAOoF.png
  • Swarog
    Swarog
    ✭✭✭
    This set just helps a bit but doesn't solve the problem.
    My tank may loose full stamina even on live now. Any stamina regeneration reduction should be prohibited.
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Agree with OP, but make it so you are unable to cast/use Abilities when Blocking..

If ZOS can make it where abilities do not work when you are sprinting, then they can make it the same when you are Blocking..
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Agree with OP, but make it so you are unable to cast/use Abilities when Blocking..

If ZOS can make it where abilities do not work when you are sprinting, then they can make it the same when you are Blocking..

god so much this sadly it wont happen
  • Swarog
    Swarog
    ✭✭✭
    Zero stamina regeneration under block will vanish tanks from the game.
    Doesn't you afraid to stay without tanks anymore?
    Are you ready to be tank?
    Edited by Swarog on July 29, 2015 2:46AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone actually checked to see if Stamina really does not regen while blocking?

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use that Black Rose set and perma block again. But to do that you have to sacrifice another set bonus. I thinks its fair
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP tanks is not a problem. They live long but doesn't hurts you. Their DPS is too low.

You need to get out to Cyrodiil more often ....
    Edited by Joy_Division on July 29, 2015 3:44AM
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer tanking this way, you have to actually think being a tank instead of holding your shield up and spam cast one ability, it was really boring and anyone could be a good tank.
    ~Thallen~
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭

So, you want tanks to use puncture while blocking NOT allowed? Or green dragon blood? or razor armour? or absorb magicka? or pop their ulti? in the face of a boss/trail/mantikora, conjured axes? really?
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "0 stamina regeneration while blocking" is some sick plan to cripple every tank in the PVE

Is this some kind of plan to cater every whim of PVPers? Because everyone know its them who complain every time they cant kill someone with one shot macro?

Tanking right now on live server is nothing near boring. Actually stripping tanks from their right to have stamina regeneration will make tanking boring after 1.7

Against popular belief, tanks do not only taunt and hold block. They also sprint to run from AOE circles, dodge roll to avoid big AOEs.

They are usually the last one standing when whole group goes down. They are capable of resing people even if attacked by multiple mobs while standing in AOE. They can survive alone long enough to charge an ultimate with high damage shield (leap or magma shell) and bring whole party back to game.

But not anymore. Thanks to ZOS "0 stamina regen while blocking" now every bit of tank stamina will be precious and spent only on blocking attacks.
    No more rolling, no more dodging, no more sprinting to save party members who went down.

Only NOW thanks to "0 stamina regen while blocking" nerf, tanking will become boring and not possible for those who are not in the 1% of know every mechanic without looking at boss.

If you think its not true, and you still are a tank then you probably spent last 50 dungeon runs with your special selected group of perfect DPSes and Healers doing your perfect runs and your group chat was full of "FTC report player X on enemy Y DPS OVER 9000!!". And of course when your perfect run didnt go as planned, one dps got killed then everyone on chat started crying "wipe wipe" because its not like, a party can get up in middle of fight and recover from that situation? No, in the perfect world boss dies in 30 seconds and if not whole party suicides to restart. I know runs like that, with sick DPS tanks do become "taunt and block". But you cant think that EVERYONE runs in PERFECT party.

Try running a 100% pug with people who never been in that dungeon, see how "boring" tanking is. Take some random s with you and teach them. See how it goes.

"0 stamina regeneration while blocking" is unjustified nerf that will hurt all current and future tanks in ESO. Soon every capital city: "over 9000 DPS lf1m tank" becuase who wants to play a role that:

1st. Wont be able to tank because is constantly running out of stamina
    2nd. Cant kill anything because TANK is not a DPS (dont mistake tank with a: full stam build dps with sword and board or any other role with a taunt)

I prefer tanking this way, you have to actually think being a tank instead of holding your shield up and spam cast one ability, it was really boring and anyone could be a good tank.

Another person spreading false rumours of "tanks being boring"
    Edited by Rinmaethodain on July 29, 2015 6:25AM
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS already proved they CAN make certain things happen ONLY in CYRIODIIL and PVP.

If they INSIST on "0 stamina regeneration while blocking" make it PVP ONLY as part of Battle Spirit buff.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As if finding a pug tank wasn't hard enough
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stupid changes IMO, should at least regen if you stand still like stealth.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0 stam regen while blocking is a great change. Love it.
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »

Said all alliance PVPer with his NB who is happy probably just because he can now stealth one shot kill anyone including tanks who cant block anymore.

I hope zos will listen to people who are actually affected by this unjustified nerf, not to people who are happy of it just because it brings misfortune to other.
    Edited by Rinmaethodain on July 29, 2015 7:18AM
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If tanks will be nerfed such a way on PvP. I don't know how to play without survivability and DPS. Are you joking?

there is no way, tanks aren't allowed to play.

champion points and attributes which force tanks to play a certain way in pve that is totally unplayable in pvp is a catch 22 for us. The developers think that players can go straight from pve into pvp without changing much. With many play styles, but especially with tanks, they are wrong, they are wrong, they are wrong. The stamina regeneration nerf cements this.
    Edited by Personofsecrets on July 29, 2015 7:42AM
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »

Said all alliance PVPer with his NB who is happy probably just because he can now stealth one shot kill anyone including tanks who cant block anymore.

I hope zos will listen to people who are actually affected by this unjustified nerf, not to people who are happy of it just because it brings misfortune to other.

I tank actually and I think it's in a spot where it's lot more interesting than where it was. I'm not into the whole one shot meta. Don't be so presumptuous. Maybe you don't like it because you can't make a decent build?

Edited by Lionxoft on July 29, 2015 7:41AM