The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Invisible and non-interactive NPCs.

turt98
turt98
✭✭
I've got roughly 5 quests which i am unable to complete due to a glitch which involves certain NPCs appearing invisible and non-interactive, i can still bump into them and it shows the NPCs name when i look at them.

Is anyone else encountering these NPCs and better yet, is there a fix?
Nightblade VR2 | Ebonheart Pact
  • hendri.thijsb16_ESO
    hendri.thijsb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Same here,

Am not going to play till this is fixed
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Greetings! Have you submitted a support ticket for the invisible NPCs? If not, please let us know and we'll be happy to submit one on your behalf!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • michaelwaldronisb16_ESO
    I too have been experiencing thismproblem. Right from the first quest in Cold Harbour I am able to hear Lyris Titanborn but not see her. I can bump into her and my screen shows the green A button when prompted to open a dialogue with her but the button is non functional. This means I am unable to even complete the first quest. I have deleted 2 characters and made a 3Rd and they are al experiencing the same prpblem. Very frustrating. Please file a ticket for this so I can finally play.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having the same problem here. Cant even start the mage quest. Valaste has disappeared even though i can target her lol. Some venders are missing too although others can interact with them. :(
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am wondering if this is just an issue with pc console transfers?
  • turt98
    turt98
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_MollyH indeed, I sent a support ticket in-game a few hours ago, thank you for the quick reply by the way.

@michaelwaldronisb16_ESO Now that sucks, luckily I bought the account copy edition so I haven't experienced the tutorial on consoles yet. I might try it later and see if the same problem occurs for me too.

@LadyDestiny Same here, multiple vendors are also invisible, including all of the stable masters so I can't improve my mount.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    For those of you experiencing this issue, though some of the details are in your posts, the following info would be helpful:

What platform they are you on? (Assuming Xbox One in this thread, given this thread is in the Xbox One Tech Support forum)
    Where were you when it happened?
    What NPCs are missing (if you're able to tell?)
    What are you experiencing? Do they see the NPC name? Can you interact in any way? Are you getting attacked by invisible things?
    How long were you playing before it happened?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • pimpas.anthonynub19_ESO
    Platform: Xbox One

Known missing NPC's: Merchants in the Bleackrock merchant area, Molla, Hoknir

Description: You can see quest arrows on your compass. When you approach that location it says the NPC's name and "A Talk" command but the NPC is invisible. You can 'bump' into where they should be like something is there, but pressing A does nothing.

Time: I'm level 5, so I got through the tutorial and completed the Skyshroud Barrow quest on Bleakrock. I finished killing Deathclaw and when I went to turn in quest NPC was missing. Went to town, merchants in merchant stand were missing. I tried stealing something, I got a bounty. Non dialogue NPCs seem to be unaffected (random townspeople were hanging around the square) but quest givers and merchants are bugged.

EDIT: Crappy screenshot of missing NPC (Plus a PC who's texture never popped in...)

nto74pt6c41r.jpg
    Edited by pimpas.anthonynub19_ESO on June 9, 2015 3:37PM
  • drakis_ESO
    drakis_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Platofrm: Xbox One
    Where: Immediately at the start of Coldharbour tutorial
    NPC Missing: Lyris Stormborn
    Issue: Lyris is invisible and non-interactive. When looking at where she should be it shows an interaction message if you are close enough to her phantom location, however pressing A to interact does nothing (It does however, prevent you from jumping, the normal action to take when pressing A). Logging out and back in does not fix the issue.
    Time before Occurance: Immediately when first starting the game with a new character.

I did link my PC Account to my XBox Account.
    My details are exactly the same as drakis_ESO. X Box one, Cold Harbour
  • turt98
    turt98
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

- Yes Xbox One
    - It has happened in multiple areas for me at least, vendors in Davon's Watch, most if not all stable masters around Tamriel (i visited many major settlements in Ebonheart Pact territory as well as a few in Daggerfall Covenant, so i'm assuming it would be the same for the rest of the game world). It has also happened in areas around Daggerfall Covenant as that is where i am doing quests, for example; Pariah Abbey and Moonlit Moor.
    - Abbot Durak, Master Muzgu, Davide Retene, Lorela, Durena Avani are some that come to mind.
    - Yes i see the NPC name where the NPC is supposed to stand, and i can still collide with the NPCS, but i cannot see nor interact with them, the prompt for interaction does come up however, if i spam A then i freeze on the spot for a few seconds also, but can still look around and jump.
    - It depends, i think as soon as loaded up the game for the first time they were in this state, but by the time i came across the first invisible NPC i must have been playing for about 20 minutes.
    Edited by turt98 on June 9, 2015 4:03PM
    turt98 wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

if i spam A then i freeze on the spot for a few seconds also, but can still look around and jump.

This is happening to me as well and is repeatable.

• DrOs666
    DrOs666
    Platform: Xbox One

Known missing NPC's: Merchants in the Bleackrock merchant area, Molla, Hoknir

Description: You can see quest arrows on your compass. When you approach that location it says the NPC's name and "A Talk" command but the NPC is invisible. You can 'bump' into where they should be like something is there, but pressing A does nothing.

Time: I'm level 5, so I got through the tutorial and completed the Skyshroud Barrow quest on Bleakrock. I finished killing Deathclaw and when I went to turn in quest NPC was missing. Went to town, merchants in merchant stand were missing. I tried stealing something, I got a bounty. Non dialogue NPCs seem to be unaffected (random townspeople were hanging around the square) but quest givers and merchants are bugged.

EDIT: Crappy screenshot of missing NPC (Plus a PC who's texture never popped in...)

nto74pt6c41r.jpg

Same place here

• LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Platform Xbox One PC to console transfer
    Location Mistral in Kenarthis's Roost and Vulkhal Guard
    Who NPC that sells the soul gems. Was invisible for me, but some players could interact with it.
    Who Valaste in the mages guild. Appeared invisible with a quest icon over her and able to target the interact button , but she would not respond. Cannot continue mages quest line.
    Was also getting attacked by an invisible creature along the shore line in Kenarthis Roost. Maybe some servant from Oblivion? ;)
    Play time approximately 7 hours.
    Edited by LadyDestiny on June 9, 2015 3:54PM
  • turt98
    turt98
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah that reminds me, i was attacked by an invisible creature on the outskirts of Pariah Abbey, i have a feeling it was a scamp, the thing almost killed me :/
    Hard restarted Xbox, didn't resolve it.
  • SneakyToes
    SneakyToes
    Soul Shriven
    What platform they are you on? (Assuming Xbox One in this thread, given this thread is in the Xbox One Tech Support forum)

Xbone

Hunding, then Daggerfall

First Crafty Lerisa, then the captain lady, who'd been visible before, then multiple vendors in Daggerfall

What are you experiencing? Do they see the NPC name? Can you interact in any way? Are you getting attacked by invisible things?

I can see the name, and the green "talk" button appears, but it doesn't do anything
    I was only attacked by invisible things outside the house with Howler and Lerisa.

three hours

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone, we are aware of this issue and it will be fixed in our next incremental patch. In the meantime, you should completely close your game or reboot your system if you run into an invisible NPC. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
    And what kind of tea do we have for when that patch Wil be applied?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of you experiencing this issue, though some of the details are in your posts, the following info would be helpful:

-XBox One
    -This occurs in all questing areas. All three alliances, I have characters level 4, level 9, VR1 and VR2 areas all have the same results. Being killed and quest icons showing on on mini-map but not on the screen. We can see the NPC names if we stand in place or look up or down but cannot interact with them even when able to hit "A" on the screen.

-ALl NPC's are missing, quuest givers, mobs (Humans), but some daedra appear and all animals appear (All zones, all level ranges lvl 4 - VR2)

-See responses above
    -2 hours prior but from 10:30AM EST today June 9 until now 1:20pm EST this has been the experience. (It may have been an issue prior but a few of us in party chat noticed the same and even used alts to help others find NPC's or see mobs but had the same experiences)
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 9, 2015 6:05PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the same lag PC players have had for over a year console players.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • ajlieske
    ajlieske
    Soul Shriven
    Cannot talk to lyris titanborn and getting pretty pissed about it because I'm stuck in this stupid prison and can't do anything! I've tried logging out creating a new character and a hard restart!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    For those of you running into the invisible NPCs, can you let us know if you transferred a character from PC to console or if you're brand new? Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • SneakyToes
    SneakyToes
    Soul Shriven
    I transferred to Xbox.

I wasn't able to solve the problem by restarting my console, but I was able to get it working by opening another game and then reopening ESO.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of you running into the invisible NPCs, can you let us know if you transferred a character from PC to console or if you're brand new? Thanks!

Yes my characters are transferred over HOWEVER the other three folks not in-game party but external party chat are all brand new and have the same issues. It's not related

Also this wasn't a problem until around 11am EST when server population grew
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 9, 2015 7:01PM
  • LordKruzieBoobs
    LordKruzieBoobs
    Soul Shriven
    Brand new character

Xbox One

NPCs went invisible after 1hr of play and characters appear as black manaquins.

Tried turning off and on and tried reinstall, neither worked.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is starting to feel like Halo MCC all over again....
  • osiris985
    osiris985
    Soul Shriven
    All of the beginning quests I got at around level 4 I can't complete. Npcs are invisible. It also gives me an error when I try to open a ticket. Basically I can't play the game at all.
  • LordKruzieBoobs
    LordKruzieBoobs
    Soul Shriven
    Ok i restarted (6th time) and left the area to kill any mobs i could find.
    returned to see if i could see the npcs and they had returned.
    not sure if it is a server issue or data glitch but it is hit and miss.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    We are aware that some NPCs (such as Lyris Titanborn) are invisible for some console players. This can prevent interaction with them and hinder progress in the game.

Our team is currently working to resolve this issue.

Until this issue is fixed, we recommend that PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players try the following steps:

For PlayStation 4
    Power Cycling
    • From the Dynamic Menu's Home screen, press [UP] on the d-pad to bring up the Function screen. Then select Power and choose Turn Off PS4.
    • Or, press and hold the [PS button] for at least one second. Then select Turn Off PS4 on the screen that is displayed.
    • Or, hold down the Power button on the front of the PlayStation 4 for at least 7 seconds until the system beeps twice.
    For Xbox One
    Power Cycling
    • Go to the Home screen.
    • Press the [Menu] button on the controller.
    • Select Settings.
    • Go to Power & startup.
    • Select Turn Xbox Off.
    • Select Yes to power down the console.
    • Turn the console back on by pressing the [Xbox button] on the console or the [Xbox button] on your controller
    Clear the BLU-RAY persistent storage
    • Press the [Menu] key on the controller.
    • Go to Settings and select Disc & Blu-Ray.
    • In the BLU-RAY section, select Persistent Storage.
    • Select Clear persistent storage.

For further assistance with the steps above, we recommend that players contact Customer Support for their console:

PlayStation Support: https://support.us.playstation.com
    Xbox Support: http://support.xbox.com/
    Edited by ZOS_CatK on June 13, 2015 1:29PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post