The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Invisible and non-interactive NPCs.

• jaxitumz
    jaxitumz
    Soul Shriven
    I CAN CONFIRM THAT CLOSING OUT OF ESO, OPENING UP A DIFFERENT APP OR GAME ENTIRELY, THEN REOPENING ESO AND LOGGING IN fixed my invisible npc's! Hope this helps!
    Options
  • keith987
    keith987
    Soul Shriven
    Missing Ncps on Xbox one lots just started my first campaign and adolmor is invisible see his name a to talk but he's not their how do I do the campaign?
    Options
  • turt98
    turt98
    ✭✭
    Yep, i pressed the home menu then selected the game from the xbox dashboard and chose the quit option. After loading the game again it worked. Also i transferred from PC, never had this problem on PC however.
    Nightblade VR2 | Ebonheart Pact
    Options
  • icurehangovers
    Just want to put this in here in case it helps. Already submitted a ticket in-game.

Platform: Xbox One

NPCs: It seems to me that only the crafting NPCs are missing. At least for me. Carpenter, clothier, etc.

Experience: Well, they are there. Just invisible. I can't interact with them. I can't walk through them. I can only see their name and the interact button.

Length of play: Maybe half an hour to an hour before this happens. Just an observation but it seemed like leaving the immediate area of the city was what made them disappear. I went questing after a successful power cycle. When I came back, they were gone again. Maybe it's not the length but the act of leaving an area entirely?

This is a on a PC beta account. Never had the game on PC. Linked existing account to Xbox Live account.

That's all the info I have. I hope this helps. Even through all the login and bug pains, thoroughly enjoying this game.
    Options
  • xHints
    xHints
    Soul Shriven
    This happened to me several times today. I think I may have found the work around for it. You need to click your Xbox button on your controller to take you back to the Xbox home screen. Press the select button while ESOTU is highlighted(the button with three parallel lines on your controller). Then you must select the "Quit" button and quit out of the game completely; this hard restarting the game. Let me know if this worked for anyone else! Thanks!
    Options
  • irmensul13
    irmensul13
    Soul Shriven
    I also am not playing until this is resolved-its bad enough walking miles in game but to then find you cant interact with your quest for the umpteenth time is too much..
    Its happened with "Proving Trust","Rending Flames","Fate of a friend" & now with some other quest at which point I tried re logging,which didnt work & then gave up & came here to vent & find out whats being done about it.
    Can handle the other bugs but this is game breaking.
    Options
  • KingScoops
    KingScoops
    Soul Shriven
    Experiencing this issue across multiple npc characters wether they are enemies merchants or townsfolk doesn't seem to matter. The frustrating end of it is that both the fence and back in the rouge hideout in daggerfall are gone taking my ability to launder good and banked items with them. I am on xbox one and have started this character from scratch. If this is indeed a lag issue, and myself living in Australia do I have any chance of this being fixed or?
    Options
  • macdeath82
    macdeath82
    Soul Shriven
    Thank quitting game worked for me at min
    Options
  • Videoangelus
    Videoangelus
    Soul Shriven
    Three quests in a row have been spoiled by the same issue. I won't play again until this is fixed! I have paid £70 for a premium ESOL experience and so far it has been nothing but frustration. Please fix fast. I have logged three support requests.
    Options
  • Freddie_92
    Freddie_92
    Soul Shriven
    This is also happening to me on the Xbox one and when i am trying to create a female character this is not letting as it is also invisible. i have also turned the console on and off several times for several days and tried logging off and on of my account several times!
    Options
  • SmashingQuasar
    Well I'm currently stuck with Sheogorath (not that I don't like him) because Shalidor appears to be to shy (or too dead maybe?) to show himself so that I can talk to him. I was also killed twice by invisible ennemies, which is kind of annoying D:
    Options
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of you experiencing this issue, though some of the details are in your posts, the following info would be helpful:

What platform they are you on? (Assuming Xbox One in this thread, given this thread is in the Xbox One Tech Support forum)
    Where were you when it happened?
    What NPCs are missing (if you're able to tell?)
    What are you experiencing? Do they see the NPC name? Can you interact in any way? Are you getting attacked by invisible things?
    How long were you playing before it happened?

XB1
    Rarlion - the interact button shows but doesn't work, character is invisible
    Invisible "Vipers" attacking while searching for a Sextant.
    How long played for doesn't seem to matter as I've completely logged out and gone back to find the same problem. Abandoning and restarting the quest doesn't fix the problem either.
    Options
  • SmashingQuasar
    For those of you experiencing this issue, though some of the details are in your posts, the following info would be helpful:

What platform they are you on? (Assuming Xbox One in this thread, given this thread is in the Xbox One Tech Support forum)
    What are you experiencing? Do they see the NPC name? Can you interact in any way? Are you getting attacked by invisible things?

- Xbox One
    - Shivering Isles, during the first quest of Mages Guild that leads you to Sheogorath.
    - Archmage Shalidor
    - NPC name is visible, its voice if fully fonctionnal, its hitbox is working, there is a prompt to interact with it, when pressing A, nothing happens.
    - A few hours.
    Options
  • Hawk269
    Hawk269
    ✭✭✭
    -Xbox One
    -Glenbura Bank
    -Bankers name was visible, gave me the prompt to interact, but NPC was invisible and I could not interact.

To fix it, I had to log out, power down and log back in.

With the que and login errors, having to go through this can be time consuming because of the amount of time to log back into the game.

Any time frame on a fix? This is plaguing a lot of users.
    Options
  • edewitt56ub17_ESO
    This wasn't my experience, but when I was on top of Ash Mountain last night, I ran into another player that was having this issue. He was supposed to talk to the NPC near where you summon the atranochs. He couldn't see the NPC, he had tried relogging and also doing a hard reset. Still didn't work for him. Too bad we don't have keyboard support with the /reloadui command like on the PC version.
    Options
  • chratr
    chratr
    Soul Shriven

I have xbox.
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    We are aware that some NPCs (such as Lyris Titanborn) are invisible for some console players. This can prevent interaction with them and hinder progress in the game.

Our team is currently working to resolve this issue.

Until this issue is fixed, we recommend that PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players try the following steps:

For PlayStation 4
    Power Cycling
    • From the Dynamic Menu's Home screen, press [UP] on the d-pad to bring up the Function screen. Then select Power and choose Turn Off PS4.
    • Or, press and hold the [PS button] for at least one second. Then select Turn Off PS4 on the screen that is displayed.
    • Or, hold down the Power button on the front of the PlayStation 4 for at least 7 seconds until the system beeps twice.
    For Xbox One
    Power Cycling
    • Go to the Home screen.
    • Press the [Menu] button on the controller.
    • Select Settings.
    • Go to Power & startup.
    • Select Turn Xbox Off.
    • Select Yes to power down the console.
    • Turn the console back on by pressing the [Xbox button] on the console or the [Xbox button] on your controller
    Clear the BLU-RAY persistent storage
    • Press the [Menu] key on the controller.
    • Go to Settings and select Disc & Blu-Ray.
    • In the BLU-RAY section, select Persistent Storage.
    • Select Clear persistent storage.

For further assistance with the steps above, we recommend that players contact Customer Support for their console:

PlayStation Support: https://support.us.playstation.com
    Xbox Support: https://support.us.playstation.com

I have xbox
    go steps to step
    but still don't work
    And players black
    Options
  • Jsyn-
    Jsyn-
    Soul Shriven
    I play on ps4 and for the past 12 hours my npc at the bleakrock village (the boat transporter) has been invisible and non-interactable. I cant bump into it or anything for that matter all that is there is the active quest symbol

i did every possible power cycle hot fix and still nothing.

Any advice?
    Options
  • Jsyn-
    Jsyn-
    Soul Shriven
    I cannot progress with any future content since the npc is missing
    Options
  • AquariusAnarchy
    AquariusAnarchy
    Soul Shriven
    Greetings. Playing on Xbox One. Couldn't play my preordered game yesterday due to server issues; had to wait about half an hour today to login from a queue; spent about twenty minutes creating a character after I was able to login...and can't even use the character because the NPC I meet within the first three minutes of the game, Lyris Titanborn, is invisible and nonresponsive. Lots of fun; almost like a waterpark, except without the water and slides.
    Options
  • sagitter
    sagitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same happened to my friend , with ps4 can't talk to Lyris Titanborn, i hope you fix it soon because it's not a good review for new players.
    Options
  • Exumad
    Exumad
    Soul Shriven
    Xbox one. I can't even leave the prison with my second character. Seems like I have maxed out at lvl 6 and don't get experience for anything now. Haven't been able to log in in a while but the girl that helps you out of the cell is invisible in front of the portal and will not interact with me to leave the prison. Also there is a door at one end of the map that is unresponsive also. It seems to open for some people but I get no response from it.
    Options
  • Pathorin
    Pathorin
    Soul Shriven
    I get attacked by invisible things and can't fight back and I have to leave when I do
    Options
  • yuckfoo2
    yuckfoo2
    Soul Shriven
    Invisible NPCs happened to me.
    xbox one
    new user

Tried to quit the game and restart, only to run into the other lovely issue of this game: a 20 minute queue time, followed by connection timed out message. repeat and rinse. gosh this game is fun.
    Options
  • JarekReanimated
    Same issue.

PS4 - New player

Location - Glenumbra

Quest - A step back in time

NPC - Commander Parmion

Options
  • Sardog74
    Sardog74
    Soul Shriven
    And what kind of tea do we have for when that patch Wil be applied?

I would suggest the mint.
    Options
  • trogbad
    trogbad
    Soul Shriven
    I knew I shouldn't have done the whole. "Restart System" to fix this.... I did the restart and now I'm back to dealing with waiting in the Login Queue. 25min elapsed and still not in. -_-
    Options
  • xxtestamentxx
    xxtestamentxx
    Soul Shriven
    On Xbox one had invisible mobs attack me. I was killed in Stonefall and rezzed at way shrine only to have ALL NPCS vanish on me. I can see the names and can't interact or nothing much like all the pics on this thread.
    Xbox1 NA
    GT: xTestamenTx
    Main: Dark Elf Templar DPS
    Options
  • PoseidonEvil
    PoseidonEvil
    ✭✭✭
    You have to resest console for a chance to fix invisible npc. As for invisible enemies just block and spam AOE attacks. You'll kill it eventually lol
    In-game ID: alchelvly
    Phixeon Maghi -- Breton Healer
    Harrow the Souleater -- Breton Necro Healer
    Krogyle dro-Smoketh -- Orc Stamdk
    Options
  • dtextor
    dtextor
    Soul Shriven
    Hey having same problem on xbox one with invisible npcs throughout stone falls and the surrounding areas keeping me from completing various quests. I can see names and quest arrows and cannot move through the space but cannot interact with the npcs to complete quests.
    Options
  • CodyMcCune
    CodyMcCune
    Soul Shriven
    The same thing happens to me quite often. Between this and rarely being able to get past the Queue screen, I'm starting to become irritated.
    Options