Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Invisible and non-interactive NPCs.

• danlman
    danlman
    Soul Shriven
    Just started playing my transfered account today, but I started with a brand new character. I just discovered this same glitch with the Finding Nistel quest which brought me here. Still a great game. I guess we will have to cut them some slack for a game this size and complex.

Console: XBOX ONE
    NPC : Nistel
    Region: Khenarthi's Roost
    Quest: Cast Adrift (find Nestil)

NPC invisible with option to [A talk to Nistel] but when pressing A nothing happens. Only invisible NPC I have found so far. Already tried power cycling and clearing Blueray cache but it didn't work.

Edited by danlman on June 14, 2015 8:40AM
    Options
  • BjornGrimmtooth
    When is the next patch supposed to be released?
    Just wanted to let you know that this will likely be fixed in our next incremental patch for console!

When is the next patch supposed to be released?

I too just encounter invisible quest related NPC's and also enemy NPC's

Xbox, NA, DC.
    Quest related NPC's found are "Evoke Valinwe" in Aldcroft and "Conjurer Grahla" in Glenumbra Moors.
    Also found the AD soldiers(Enemy NPC's) at Farwatch Tower are invisible as well,
    I started playing this morning for less than an hour when I found this issue.
    SSG .US Army.
    Always lead from the front.
    Options
  • BjornGrimmtooth
    I also have reset my system multiple times with no success on fixing the issue...
    SSG .US Army.
    Options
  • Excabor
    Excabor
    ✭✭
    All areas mobs or npc are missing
    Options
  • welren
    welren
    Soul Shriven
    I found a new fix for all of the bugs Xbox one users are experiencing. Step one: return your game. Step two: play witcher.
    Options
  • Bradums
    Bradums
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having this same issue BIG-TIME on two characters. I put in a ticket a few days ago on my Nord in Bleakrock, but I haven't seen anything back. I made a High Elf in the Dominion to play with some friends, but I can't even play, because all the NPCs are missing/unable to interact with.

What platform they are you on? Xbox One
    Where were you when it happened? Bleakrock (Nord) and Harborage/Starting Zone (Altmer)
    What NPCs are missing (if you're able to tell?) Quest-givers and quest-related NPCs in general, it seems. A lot.
    What are you experiencing? Do they see the NPC name? Can you interact in any way? Are you getting attacked by invisible things? Quest-giving NPCs are missing. The commander in Bleakrock and various others are missing, but their names show and the prompt to hit A to interact is there, but nothing happens. On my Altmer character, the issue is the same. All quest-giving or quest-related NPCs are missing, have interact prompts, but don't interact. It makes the game unplayable. Not in a whiny "I don't want to play anymore" sense, but in a literal "I can't progress in the game at all on any character" sense.
    How long were you playing before it happened? On my Nord, I managed to play for hours (up to Lv8) with no issue. It wasn't until I completed the Barrow quest in Bleakrock and returned to warn the commander to evacuate that I found her missing, and all quest-givers missing. I made a new character yesterday to play in the Dominion, and right off the starting boat, all quest-givers are gone.

I get that issues pop up with new games (or new iterations of games), and I'm not raging or trying to be impatient, but this kinda ruins the game and I was having a lot of fun with it getting started up until this point. It's the old dad statement: "I'm not mad, just disappointed."

I hope we figure it out soon, because the game's a lot of fun and I'd like to get back to playing with my group.
    Options
  • JEB_Stuart
    JEB_Stuart
    ✭✭
    When are you fixing this!!!!!????
    Options
  • GODMODE
    GODMODE
    you guys should try this... i posted it in another thread

Turn off your console by holding the power button for 10 seconds (until it shuts down) and then unplug the power supply for 10-15 minutes. After you do that, plug it back in and check to see if people are still invisibile that were before. I was able to get past a ton of quests last night that I've been waiting on by doing this.
    Options
  • HannahElizabeth
    HannahElizabeth
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having this problem to. I did send a report ticket but all I got back was an automated message telling me to look on here. I'm on xbox one. I've tried shutting down my xbox. Logging out then in again. I've even tried changing the server to NA then back to Europe. Nothing seems to be working for it. I've been having this problem for a few days now. Makes completing the killing the spider queen and it's goblin king owner very hard. And also trying to complete getting the mage's apprentices brother back before he becomes a goblin wife. I've also noted a few times when NPC are invisible to but there name is showing with the press A button to talk but doesn't work. This also happened with the convince the nords quest in ebonheart the people I have to fight aren't showing up either.
    Options
  • GODMODE
    GODMODE
    I'm having this problem to. I did send a report ticket but all I got back was an automated message telling me to look on here. I'm on xbox one. I've tried shutting down my xbox. Logging out then in again. I've even tried changing the server to NA then back to Europe. Nothing seems to be working for it. I've been having this problem for a few days now. Makes completing the killing the spider queen and it's goblin king owner very hard. And also trying to complete getting the mage's apprentices brother back before he becomes a goblin wife. I've also noted a few times when NPC are invisible to but there name is showing with the press A button to talk but doesn't work. This also happened with the convince the nords quest in ebonheart the people I have to fight aren't showing up either.

read the post above yours
    Options
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GODMODE wrote: »
    you guys should try this... i posted it in another thread

Turn off your console by holding the power button for 10 seconds (until it shuts down) and then unplug the power supply for 10-15 minutes. After you do that, plug it back in and check to see if people are still invisibile that were before. I was able to get past a ton of quests last night that I've been waiting on by doing this.

The problem for me is this is a recurring issue. Yes, you can get quest NPCs to return but a large proportion of mobs I am fighting are invisible no matter which character I play in any area. I hoped that they might have made a fix to this issue in last night's maintenance, but this issue is still recurring. Plus when I switch to another character I still am having them be intermittently stuck in the terrain.

I haven't filed a customer support issue, because I'm pretty sure ZOS knows these problems are widespread.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

Options
  • HannahElizabeth
    HannahElizabeth
    Soul Shriven
    GODMODE wrote: »
    read the post above yours
    I've tried that multiple times. I did notice earlier that some ?shadowsilk? People where showing when they weren't before, but I'd walk a few steps and there would be more invisible. My brother who was online as well could see them attacking me tho. Also none of the people in the outlaws refuge are showing either.
    Options
  • sratengel
    sratengel
    For those of you experiencing this issue, though some of the details are in your posts, the following info would be helpful:

What platform they are you on? (Assuming Xbox One in this thread, given this thread is in the Xbox One Tech Support forum)
    Where were you when it happened?
    What NPCs are missing (if you're able to tell?)
    What are you experiencing? Do they see the NPC name? Can you interact in any way? Are you getting attacked by invisible things?
    How long were you playing before it happened?

I'm am on xbox one in the tutorial beginning level of cold harbor. No NPCs are missing but I can NOT hear any of their spoken voices npr can I hear my character's and anyone else's sound effects (swords, grunts, weapons, etc). All it allows me to do is read the dialogue.
    It started as soon as I started. i bought the game last night.
    I've tried power cycling, waiting 10 mins and entering a different server, i've checked all my audio levels and everything. Nothing is fixing it.

Options
  • calledbycrows
    calledbycrows
    Soul Shriven
    I have had the same problem. A Dangerous Past is unable to be completed because Iceblade's ghost is invisible and can't be interacted with. On several occasions a quest couldn't be completed because enemies were invisible and couldn't be interacted with except by being murdered by them. I'm at the point where I might not play anymore until there is a patch. Today 3 quests had to be abandoned because of invisible NPCs and enemies preventing completion of the quest. This is game breaking nonsense. Hopefully it gets fixed soon because I am excited to play this game. I've been waiting a while now and preordered only to not be able to play release night because the servers were broken. Since then it's been hit or miss whether or not the game will work.
    Options
  • calledbycrows
    calledbycrows
    Soul Shriven
    Xbox One
    A Dangerous Past: Iceblade's ghost missing
    Pretty much every other quest I played today had missing enemies. Can't remember the name but it's been all of them today so.....
    Options
  • TTSCENTURY
    TTSCENTURY
    Soul Shriven
    On the Xbox One, on quest "In the name of the Queen" in Auridon. Getting attacked by invisible npc enemies all around the objective area "Defeat the Spirit Guarding the Ritual Site". I have been playing for about an hour roughly. Thank u guys for caring enough to make a forum and actually reading it, and standing behind your work.
    Options
  • schaun
    schaun
    Soul Shriven
    For those of you experiencing this issue, though some of the details are in your posts, the following info would be helpful:

What platform they are you on? (Assuming Xbox One in this thread, given this thread is in the Xbox One Tech Support forum)
    Where were you when it happened?
    What NPCs are missing (if you're able to tell?)
    What are you experiencing? Do they see the NPC name? Can you interact in any way? Are you getting attacked by invisible things?
    How long were you playing before it happened?

I'm on Xbox One, lv 14, ebonheart pact, mage. I have been unable to complete the Soul Shriven in Coldharbour quest because The Prohet NPC is missing. This is part of the main quest line and unlocks the soul magic skill line and I'm completely unable to complete the quest. When I set it to active, it says talk to prophet. I have to lock pick my way into the house you start in and I find 2 residents living there instead. No prophet to be found. Please help me as this is my main character in which I've already spent my crowns on and use my dlc. I am not a happy customer right now.
    Options
  • TTSCENTURY
    TTSCENTURY
    Soul Shriven
    schaun wrote: »
    For those of you experiencing this issue, though some of the details are in your posts, the following info would be helpful

I'm on Xbox One, lv 14, ebonheart pact, mage. I have been unable to complete the Soul Shriven in Coldharbour quest because The Prohet NPC is missing. This is part of the main quest line and unlocks the soul magic skill line and I'm completely unable to complete the quest. When I set it to active, it says talk to prophet. I have to lock pick my way into the house you start in and I find 2 residents living there instead. No prophet to be found. Please help me as this is my main character in which I've already spent my crowns on and use my dlc. I am not a happy customer right now.

I did the hard reset. Left system off (with setting for power of console on energy saving), for ten minutes, fired back up, logged back in and it was all good. Still good to let them know, but power cycle does work.
    Options
  • Betatrek
    Betatrek
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    We are aware that some NPCs (such as Lyris Titanborn) are invisible for some console players. This can prevent interaction with them and hinder progress in the game.

Our team is currently working to resolve this issue.

Until this issue is fixed, we recommend that PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players try the following steps:

For PlayStation 4
    Power Cycling
    • From the Dynamic Menu's Home screen, press [UP] on the d-pad to bring up the Function screen. Then select Power and choose Turn Off PS4.
    • Or, press and hold the [PS button] for at least one second. Then select Turn Off PS4 on the screen that is displayed.
    • Or, hold down the Power button on the front of the PlayStation 4 for at least 7 seconds until the system beeps twice.
    For Xbox One
    Power Cycling
    • Go to the Home screen.
    • Press the [Menu] button on the controller.
    • Select Settings.
    • Go to Power & startup.
    • Select Turn Xbox Off.
    • Select Yes to power down the console.
    • Turn the console back on by pressing the [Xbox button] on the console or the [Xbox button] on your controller
    Clear the BLU-RAY persistent storage
    • Press the [Menu] key on the controller.
    • Go to Settings and select Disc & Blu-Ray.
    • In the BLU-RAY section, select Persistent Storage.
    • Select Clear persistent storage.

For further assistance with the steps above, we recommend that players contact Customer Support for their console:

PlayStation Support: https://support.us.playstation.com
    Xbox Support: http://support.xbox.com/

This didn't work for me....
    Options
  • jordorunway
    jordorunway
    Soul Shriven
    I've been having this issue since day one on Xbox One. It happens daily, when it does I just go to the home screen hit the start button on the game and force quit and reload and everythings back to normal for a period of time. My character is new not transfered. Also I have not made a ticket for this issue. But it pretty much happens everywhere no matter where I'm at when it decides to glitch it just does it and any NPCs in the area that I can interact with go invisible and I am no longer able to interact with them, it gives me the option to and I can run into them but it just does nothing. I can usually tell when it's gonna happen cause PCs their characters go all black and after that the NPCs go invisible and can't interact with them. Today has been the worst so far. For the first time I had invisible heritance soldiers attacking me on Errinorne Isle. I managed to stay alive by using area magic and a bit of hiding and the invisible enemies just went away after a short time, not sure if I killed them or what happened. So now it's starting to really become aggravating. Everyone I have talked to has been dealing with this. Any time frame on when an update will be issued?
    Options
  • BjornGrimmtooth
    When I had this issue, I tried to reset my Xbox a few times and it didn't work. Sometimes doing the reset with un-plugging the power cord would work and sometimes it wouldn't. I even went as far to reset my router as well as unplug everything. Its all been hit or miss.
    SSG .US Army.
    Options
  • Smoking-420
    Smoking-420
    Soul Shriven
    Missing NPC again. what i had to do the first time is delete the game and re install. im trying every thing else first if it still doesnt work another 24 hours of installation... hopefully this new maintenance will fix everything
    Options
  • BNaegle
    BNaegle
    Soul Shriven
    Several NPCs are missing and I can't interact with them. Almost all of my progression has stopped becuase there are so many missing. Please fix. That would be great
    Options
  • gashuffer75
    My main story is still glitched since day one of playing. I skipped it back when I first started and never thought to come back to it. Now I am getting closer to 50 and starting VR. I need this quest chain started.

I tried last night after about a month of playing and it's still the same issue. I can't find the prophet in the Avani house in davons watch. It is a level 2 quest and I am level 41 now.

Any suggestions? I have tried what was suggested earlier in the post, but it did not work.
    Options