Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What about a wolf mount?

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf riding a wolf? Seems wrong.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want an Argonian slave mount :smiley:
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i want a seducer pet now
    :naughty:

What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Wolfaen
    Wolfaen
    ✭✭✭
    What about a lizard mount? Like a big Komodo Dragon looking creature? That would be swizzle.
    Wolfaen Moltencloak | Imperial Dragon Knight
    Wolfaen Bloodcloak | Dark Elf Nightblade
    Wolfaen | High Elf Sorcerer
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolfaen wrote: »
    What about a lizard mount? Like a big Komodo Dragon looking creature? That would be swizzle.
    Wamasu.
    ESO_wamas_port.jpg

This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »
    Wamasu.
    ESO_wamas_port.jpg

I see spikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    Wamasu.
    ESO_wamas_port.jpg

It is also electric.

I recommend a rubber saddle and full plate if riding is attempted.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    Wamasu.
    ESO_wamas_port.jpg

It is also electric.

I recommend a rubber saddle and full plate if riding is attempted.

Lol yeah if you are into stuff like that, but I was pondering the usage of the Wamasu as a walking trophy rack.

There are a few references in game to heads being on spikes, and one of my favourite sayings atm, GoT uses it too, so why not use the Wamasu as a mobile trophy rack to strike fear into your enemies, maybe even when the PvP element of Justice gets implemented, you could use the said Wamasu to show people that you are a feared enforcer.

Before anyone flames me, be aware of this, its set in a fantastical medieval era, where savagery would be common place.

It it not like the real world is any better IMO
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please. .or bear.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Chuggernaut
    Chuggernaut
    ✭✭✭
    What about ROUSs?
    rous.jpg
    My comrades have returned. I erect the spine of gratitude. You are a hero today. - Bura-Natoo
  • Wolfaen
    Wolfaen
    ✭✭✭
    Wamasu.
    ESO_wamas_port.jpg

Nice, that would be perfect.. We can work around the spikes. Just need the right saddle.
    Wolfaen Moltencloak | Imperial Dragon Knight
    Wolfaen Bloodcloak | Dark Elf Nightblade
    Wolfaen | High Elf Sorcerer
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wamasu.
    ESO_wamas_port.jpg

Nice, that would be perfect.. We can work around the spikes. Just need the right saddle.

Aye a saddle would be good too, a mighty steed to strike fear into the hearts of your enemy lol

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf mounts would ROCK.

So would Welwa. :)
  • WolfingHour
    WolfingHour
    ✭✭✭✭
    It all pales in comparison of a WAMASU MOUNT!

Lightning spewing, of course.
    Edited by WolfingHour on April 14, 2015 10:23PM
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything but more horses :)
    I like to have a wamasu,bear and giant wolf.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Queen Ayrenn got to ride a bear, and there was a werebear using one as a mount in The Infernal City. I want to second Welwa though; is there any lore reason we couldn't have one of those?
    Kendaric wrote: »
    The Senche mounts available to non-Khajiit are bad enough, let´s not break lore any further.

I've seen this argument about the Senche several times, and I still don't understand it. Will you please explain it to me? Because it seems to me if the Senche are Khajiit themselves, then having them let anyone they want to ride them regardless of alliance or race is no different then the Khajiit...Suthay-raht?...merchants in Bangkorai and everywhere else outside Elsweyr, or for that matter the Nord clothier in the Aldmeri Dominion and any number of other not-native-to-this-alliance race members who decided to make their living somewhere other than their homeland. If they are NOT Khajiit, and just animals that resemble same, then having them as mounts is no different than people importing an exotic pet that happens to be ride-able.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Earthwardzilvox_ESO
    Baby, you couldn't afford a wolf mount ;)
    Bright light casts a long shadow
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Durzog makes a bit more sense than a wolfmount given they've already got armored variants in game.
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos - do you accept cash money for a bear or wolf?
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the first point: I'm not against wolf mounts, per se. I have a certain fascination with wolves anyhow, and I realize that they are popular.

Onto my next, greater point: disable mounts in any town with a stable. I don't need pets indoors, or mounts in towns.
    Edited by Ser Lobo on April 15, 2015 12:04AM
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First they gave us:
    tiger_original.jpg

Next we desire:
    Bear_cavalry_by_artshardz-d3f4gj4.jpg
    And
    dire_wolf_mount_by_hwango-di2ax3.png

Future:

000ky4pg.jpg
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_First_Edition:_Wild_Regions

I figure I'll bring this up again. Giant shaggy centiped herdbeast... I know you all want one. I know I want one. Hopefully the link works. Its under the Orsinium section. Just imagine the fear you'll envoke on a giant centiped!

• rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously no one has learned anything about lore from what happened with Star Wars. It's fantasy just because a elder scroll game didn't use it so far doesn't mean it can't be explained now it's fantasy. If you need lore all staff need do is make a book of riding dire wolves and throw it in random book cases bango presto it is now lore. This is the beauty of fantasy you can rewrite it eAsy enough.

My bosmar would love to ride a dire wolf great idea!
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rynth wrote: »
    Obviously no one has learned anything about lore from what happened with Star Wars. It's fantasy just because a elder scroll game didn't use it so far doesn't mean it can't be explained now it's fantasy. If you need lore all staff need do is make a book of riding dire wolves and throw it in random book cases bango presto it is now lore. This is the beauty of fantasy you can rewrite it eAsy enough.

My bosmar would love to ride a dire wolf great idea!

Exactly, lore is not set in stone, it can easily be put into a book or something.

Problem solved.

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are gems in the lore already too like a sea serpent (snake) mount or the aforementioned centiped. That's just from one book. I may hunt for more now.
  • sheggorathb16_ESO
    Pff, sure, some of us got Senche mounts as long as they didnt get rolled over by the help service... *Coughs* I mean, if people want to ride wolves then why not? People ride anything big enough to carry them in real life, camels, moose, deer, emu, ostrichs, and whatever else is roaming in Africa... You had various people in ES using wolf symbology for their factions, and in their armour, so why wouldnt they have them as mounts or pets if they could? Same as I figure if you found/caught a Senche tiger you could talk/force it into being a mount since its intelligent, more or less. (If its just called Senche then its a Khajiit, if its got something after Senche, like Senche-tiger, then its an animal cousin, source) Its not about breaking lore just because it hasnt been seen before, its about working within it to create something new. Theres lots of things missing in the lore... We probably wouldnt have a lot of the fun stuff we have now if they stuck rigidly to the original lore. So bring on wolf mounts, dreugh mounts, heck I'd love to fly about on a netch mount throwing moon sugar everywhere like snow... *Ahem.* Theres also a lot of interest in dragon mounts... Whatever helps them bring in the money to carry on making the game, and makes a lot of people happy on the way is good in my opinion. Its not like I cant just ignore people riding around on the only singular tiger mount I wanted in the entire game which I can now never get due to an unexplained technicality... its not like I cant always imagine sticking those riders heads on a pike and dancing around with them gleefully... *Goes off into quiet mutterings*
    ... ҉ ⚝ ⚛ The one and only ⚡ᚺεǥϑ☉ᚱꜽ♰ϗ, whoever I am, I'm ȿℌͼℊƍ◎ℛ⎃ᛏ♄ the skooma cat. ⚛⚝.. ҉..
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

So we have Senches, a demon horse...and I'm just sitting here and asking me: Is it possible to get a rideable wolf? I mean: It would be a very cool mount, especially for werewolf characters... :smile:

Greetings: Barristan

i love wolves and i think thats a cool idea but sadly and logicaly we would break its back and murder our mounts every time we rode them

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • Celtic_Wolf
    Celtic_Wolf
    ✭✭✭
    would absolutely love a large white direwolf! :D
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wolf mounts wouldn't be lore-friendly. The senches are, and it makes sense that members of the Aldmeri Dominion would be able to ride them. I've done a series of Lore related articles, and of all the research I've done, I've never heard of rideable wolves.
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure to be implemented in the Crown store soon. Only 5000 crowns, for a limited time only!
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
This discussion has been closed.