Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What about a wolf mount?

SerBarristan
Hi,

So we have Senches, a demon horse...and I'm just sitting here and asking me: Is it possible to get a rideable wolf? I mean: It would be a very cool mount, especially for werewolf characters... :smile:

Greetings: Barristan
All heathen hearts,
Answer the call,
God of thunder bless our swords,
Our heathen horde,
Will never fall,
We are hungry for blood, steel and war.
  • desciviib14_ESO
    desciviib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a dire wolf and a giant male lion. Neither are really lore but then again a lot of people wont buy them if they aren't big enough to look right on all characters
    There is nothing here of interest to any nations; as a matter of fact, there is nothing here but people.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cool idea, I would totally buy that
  • Kurimugann
    Kurimugann
    ✭✭✭
    It's not like wolves and lions are not in the game already. How about a rideable bear or Daedroth?
  • Tobius
    Tobius
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely a Dire Wolf mount would be worth getting
    "Remember: Sometime the Dragon wins."
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A long as it's large enough that my characters don't look like a monkey abusing a basketball when the ride it, sounds good.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A dire wolf would be cool - at least one of my WW characters would ride one if it was available as a mount.

There should definitely be a bear mount, though. I mean, there's already a stablemaster who talks about sometimes being able to get bear mounts...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1 for Dire Wolf mount (spikes perhaps?)
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't heard any lore with people riding wolves. Their are Bristleback Boars who are mounted by Riekelings. But the rest seem to be stuff you want from WoW.
  • Aldarenn
    Aldarenn
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget the bear mounts!

Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on baiting.
    Edited by ZOS_TristanK on April 14, 2015 8:37PM
    Templar - Noel Kreiss - DC
    Dragonknight - Formerly known as Brother Martin now Lunafreya Nox Fleuret - DC
    Dragonknight - Snow Villiers - EP
    Sorcerer - Formerly known as The Last Dragonborn now Arata Sanada - EP
    Nightblade - Yuugo Kamishiro - EP
    Templar - Yuuko Kamishiro - EP
    Sorcerer - Ravus Nox Fleuret - EP
    Templar - Hirose Kouta - EP
    PC NA

Imperator Rebelliun
    Nexus

揃ったw
    お!
    ふぁいと!
    Zaxon
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like it:D
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, just no. The Senche mounts available to non-Khajiit are bad enough, let´s not break lore any further.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Wolfaen
      Wolfaen
      ✭✭✭
      Wolf mounts would be awesome! But I agree that they would need the be scaled large enough to look right for the rider.

For me, I think the senche mounts are too small as is.
      Wolfaen Moltencloak | Imperial Dragon Knight
      Wolfaen Bloodcloak | Dark Elf Nightblade
      Wolfaen | High Elf Sorcerer
    • SHADOW2KK
      SHADOW2KK
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Kendaric wrote: »
      No, just no. The Senche mounts available to non-Khajiit are bad enough, let´s not break lore any further.

I respect your opinion, but I don`t agree with it, so myself and others running about with fiery demonic horses is ok but wolf mounts isnt?

I have played the ES games since Morrowind, and respect there is a lot of reasons why people play ESO.

But the one overriding factor of the game, is to be enjoyed.

If people want wolf mounts, then let them have it? who are you to stop them from having it?, from a lore perspective?

I was moderately interested in the lore from the ES games, but a lot of people who play this, wont be interested in the lore at all.

Let people play how they want, we are not always gonna agree on it.

But we can all agree on playing the game to have fun.
      Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
      PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• WhiskeyJac
      WhiskeyJac
      ✭✭✭
      How about a Gargoyle Mount ?
    • Kendaric
      Kendaric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      SHADOW2KK wrote: »

I respect your opinion, but I don`t agree with it, so myself and others running about with fiery demonic horses is ok but wolf mounts isnt?

I have played the ES games since Morrowind, and respect there is a lot of reasons why people play ESO.

If people want wolf mounts, then let them have it? who are you to stop them from having it?, from a lore perspective?

I was moderately interested in the lore from the ES games, but a lot of people who play this, wont be interested in the lore at all.

The thing is, the Senche mounts (and to a lesser degree the Nightmare) can be justified by the lore. True, not all players play the game for the lore, but that doesn´t mean the lore should be ignored.
      If you go the route of ignoring lore altogether, you´ll end up with a generic fantasy MMORPG. Lore is what sets ESO apart.
        PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      • SHADOW2KK
        SHADOW2KK
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭

The thing is, the Senche mounts (and to a lesser degree the Nightmare) can be justified by the lore. True, not all players play the game for the lore, but that doesn´t mean the lore should be ignored.
        If you go the route of ignoring lore altogether, you´ll end up with a generic fantasy MMORPG. Lore is what sets ESO apart.

Aye fairly put:}

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
        PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• bloodenragedb14_ESO
        bloodenragedb14_ESO
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        well, alot of daedric mounts can be justified, conjuration is a thing,and so long as they are bound, they do WHATEVER you want........i want a seducer pet now
      • SHADOW2KK
        SHADOW2KK
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        well, alot of daedric mounts can be justified, conjuration is a thing,and so long as they are bound, they do WHATEVER you want........i want a seducer pet now

Lol that is true, very well said mate:P, ok I want a bound Balrog, :P kidding, naw I still want wolf mount, but bound:P, to keep the lore peeps happy.

Compromise

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
        PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• Zorrashi
        Zorrashi
        ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with the notion that lore should hold at least some importance as well. The horses and guar were acceptable, and though they were really pushing it with the Senche mounts, I found their implementation to be acceptable as well. However, I don't want to see it go too far down the road.

Like, a wolf pet may not be too far out there, but a wolf mount seems a bit much.
      • SerBarristan
        Well, the senches in the lore are totally different from what we got as mount...

So stop whining that it would hurt the lore... ^^"
        All heathen hearts,
        Answer the call,
        God of thunder bless our swords,
        Our heathen horde,
        Will never fall,
        We are hungry for blood, steel and war.
      • NewBlacksmurf
        NewBlacksmurf
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        THIS I'd buy if in seducer you mean something like the succubus from WoW...with a TES skin and beautified.

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
        ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
      • bloodenragedb14_ESO
        bloodenragedb14_ESO
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        THIS I'd buy if in seducer you mean something like the succubus from WoW...with a TES skin and beautified.

i mean a dark seducer, they are a type of daedra simular to the dremora, except they are chiefly employed by sheogorath on the dementia side of shivering isles, and to a lesser degree molag bal. i think sanguine employs a few too. other princes may employ them, but ive yet to see it

Edit: the name dark seducer is more of a ironic name, as they are far more kinder and tolerant of mortal races than their counterparts, the golden saints. Their daedric name is Mazken.
        Edited by bloodenragedb14_ESO on April 14, 2015 6:56PM
      • NovaMarx
        NovaMarx
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Though it isn't found in any lore I know of, I can still see it working. The reason being that Tamriel is already teeming with wolves and werewolves, so in a sense having wolf mounts wouldn't be that far fetched, since there are already big cat mounts. And yes, I know senche mounts are lore friendly, and wolf mounts are not, but it's a pretty "neutral" mount compared to most other suggestions.
        I've seen people write about Giant Spiders, Deadroths and even flying mounts --> this may be a bit too much, in my opinion.

Keep it simple! :wink:

(p.s. immersion wise, not lore wise, I could definitely imagine a Nord warrior finding and taming a giant wolf, and then riding it into battle!)
        "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
        - M'aiq the Liar
      • Xandryah
        Xandryah
        ✭✭✭
        Very cool idea, yeah :)
      • Rykarch
        Rykarch
        ✭✭
        I would love to see a dire wolf mount in the game!
      • jkemmery
        jkemmery
        ✭✭✭✭

The thing about ES lore is that it is fiction, and a fully "lore friendly" justification for a wolf mount could be written in to the game. I love the idea of a wolf mount! Let's have it, ZOS!
        Edited by jkemmery on April 14, 2015 7:27PM
      • Glurin
        Glurin
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        As much as I would like a wolf mount, I'm hesitant to say it should be added. I'd rather not see this turned into a mount circus like several other MMOs I could name where everybody is riding around on bears and spiders and mammoths and pigeons and flying sparkle ponies.
        "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
      • Laggus
        Laggus
        ✭✭✭✭
        Argonian Mount. I want to piggy back that Argonian all day long and its not lore breaking.
      • Auricle
        Auricle
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I'm not really into the idea of making every single creature available as a mount. I can buy the guar, and if I bend my expectations, I'm okay with senche mounts, but wolves? I dunno about that. I really hope the cash shop doesn't get out of hand. I don't want to be walking through a city, surrounding by hundreds of neon armored folk on giant sparkly animals. That's why I left WoW.

Yes, I know, comparisons to WoW aren't the best argument against something, but I don't want ESO to turn fully cartoonish. Let's keep it kind at least a little lore-friendly, yeah?
      • jkemmery
        jkemmery
        ✭✭✭✭
        Laggus wrote: »
        Argonian Mount. I want to piggy back that Argonian all day long and its not lore breaking.

Do you want a whip to beat him with and a voiceover of "Faster, faster, scaleback!"?
      This discussion has been closed.