Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What about a wolf mount?

• SerBarristan
    I've done a series of Lore related articles, and of all the research I've done, I've never heard of rideable wolves.

Just because they doesn't exist in the lore right now, it doesn't mean they could exist in the future...
    All heathen hearts,
    Answer the call,
    God of thunder bless our swords,
    Our heathen horde,
    Will never fall,
    We are hungry for blood, steel and war.
  • Praxxos
    Praxxos
    ✭✭✭✭
    and what about my ARMORED ICE BEAR MOUNT??
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've done a series of Lore related articles, and of all the research I've done, I've never heard of rideable wolves.

Just because they doesn't exist in the lore right now, it doesn't mean they could exist in the future...

I think you mean "'couldn't" exist lol... but yeah I guess they could make them, but I don't think they should make too much stuff up, I think the guys at Todd Howard's team should be responsible for that.
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would pay any amount of crowns for a wolf mount, I love this thread for putting the idea into their heads, I hope they appeal to us who would love to see it happen such as myself! <3

...I'm just crazy about wolves, so yeah. <.< 7 of my 8 characters are werewolves. :P
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2730+
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would pay any amount of crowns for a wolf mount, I love this thread for putting the idea into their heads, I hope they appeal to us who would love to see it happen such as myself! <3

...I'm just crazy about wolves, so yeah. <.< 7 of my 8 characters are werewolves. :P

Well said, howls!!!!:D
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf mount? Are they not a bit small for being a mount? I guess It's like riding a goat^^
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raygee wrote: »
    Wolf mount? Are they not a bit small for being a mount? I guess It's like riding a goat^^

Be glad they aren't asking to ride Nix hounds.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking exactly the same. Wolves are too small to be ridden.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    war bear for my bosmer plz
  • SerBarristan
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I was thinking exactly the same. Wolves are too small to be ridden.

I'm not speaking of a little normal wolf. I'm speaking of the big ones...gosh, has nobody here a little bit of fantasy? :c ;)
    All heathen hearts,
    Answer the call,
    God of thunder bless our swords,
    Our heathen horde,
    Will never fall,
    We are hungry for blood, steel and war.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is a no brainer. Wolves, bears, giant lizards are all workable w/i ESO's aesthetic and would sell very well. We aren't asking for rainbow ponies and flying cloud serpents and dwemer helicopters and so on.

Riding around on a big White Dire Wolf... take my money now!!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no "direwolves" in Elder Scrolls lore.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    There are no "direwolves" in Elder Scrolls lore.
    Sure there are. There were dire wolves in Shadowkey (one of the TES Travels games). Besides, dire wolves aren't actually mythical creatures. They are a real species of wolf that has been extinct for some time:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dire_wolf
    Of course, the real ones weren't as big as the ones in Game of Thrones, or other fantasy universes.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • DanishDude93
    DanishDude93
    Soul Shriven
    Wolf! Yes!
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect in due time, we'll be seeing a lot of different mounts, and wolves might come too. Not like it hasn't happenin other fantasy settings - be it wolfriding wood elves in "Elfquest" or goblinoid warg-riders in LotR and D&D, it'd be hard to imagine they'd pass up the opportunity to sell some to wolf-lovers among their players.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The day I see players gliding around in a sitting position assumedly riding on a skeever, I'll quit^^
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP

• jjdane
    jjdane
    ✭✭
    I want to ride piggyback on a dremora lord while a scamp follows us making hoof sounds using two half coconuts.

Plz make it happen!
  • Xandryah
    Xandryah
    ✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Werewolf riding a wolf? Seems wrong.

lol :)
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jjdane wrote: »
    I want to ride piggyback on a dremora lord while a scamp follows us making hoof sounds using two half coconuts.

Plz make it happen!

Monty Python and the Holy Grail FTW^^

• Robotmafia
    Robotmafia
    ✭✭✭
    wolf, lion, kamel, wamasu, bear... lots of cool beast yet to be mounted ;)
    Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
    Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and those are only the common ideas. So many other things that could be ridden, from giant worms for marshdwellers to giant spiders for mephala worshippers, from skeletal mounts for necromancers to dwemer spheres rebuilt into tamriel segways... uhm... okay, so maybe not the latter, but still, there are more ideas then just wolves, lions, bears and lizards... ;)
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id have to make a nightblade bosmer riding a wolf. Oh man...

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

So we have Senches, a demon horse...and I'm just sitting here and asking me: Is it possible to get a rideable wolf? I mean: It would be a very cool mount, especially for werewolf characters... :smile:

Greetings: Barristan

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • ArterionAU
    ArterionAU
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I think it could work seeing as we already have Lion and Guar Mounts. Don't think it's in the Lore but ZOS could make it Lore-Friendly somehow I'm guessing. Would be cool to have a Giant Wolf mount.
    Adalmor Devourer of All - Nord Dragonknight EP Tank
    Gah-Kaj-Mota - Argonian Warden EP Tank
    Soran Tailas - Breton Templar DC Healer
    Arterion Auduseus - High Elf Sorcerer AD Magsorc
    Ancarion Aeduseus - High Elf Templar AD Magplar
    Aonus Audeseus - High Elf Warden AD Magden
    Azarath T'rizain - Dark Elf Dragonknight EP MagDK
    Azaron the Dread Wolf - Dark Elf Night Blade EP MagBlade
    Azzan Ansei - Redguard Night Blade AD StamBlade
    Arius Artorious - Imperial Templar AD Stamplar
    Kayne Ansei - Redguard Warden DC Stamden
    Do'ashi Kharhan - Khajiit Sorcerer AD Werewolf Stamsorc
    Azah Ansei - Redguard Dragonknight EP StamDK
    Founder of the Victorious Brotherhood
    Bringer of Light I The Flawless Conqueror I Boethiah's Scythe | Dro m'athra Destroyer | Craglorn Trials Conqueror I Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor I Voice of Reason I Blackrose Executioner
  • spiritwindb14_ESO
    This is probably the one thing I really hope to see in the Crown Store, hell, its one of those things I'd personally be willing to pay $50 for!
    I've always felt like the game was lacking player interaction with wolves. Was hoping to see either a wolf pet, a wolf summon skill (A little generic though), or a wolf mount. Would of course prefer a wolf mount out of all these :D.
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    #priorities lol
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is probably the one thing I really hope to see in the Crown Store, hell, its one of those things I'd personally be willing to pay $50 for!
    I've always felt like the game was lacking player interaction with wolves. Was hoping to see either a wolf pet, a wolf summon skill (A little generic though), or a wolf mount. Would of course prefer a wolf mount out of all these :D.

Wolf interaction is generally lacking in all Elder Scrolls games lol... they always attack you on sight, which is not exactly realistic. If they wrote wolf mounts into the Lore, I'd be totally cool with it. Also a wolf summon skill would be cool, maybe a skill line for forces of nature of something.

• Area51Visitor
    Area51Visitor
    ✭✭✭
    awesome idea...Laggus's isn't so bad either lol
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's interesting to read this post years after the last post... and since this topic, Wolf AND Bear mounts are in the game! :smiley:

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it's interesting in that it demonstrates a couple instances of player requests being implemented in the game... But you know necro-posts are frowned upon for being confusing, right? ;) I was going to ask the OP if they were aware of the existence of the crown store before I saw the post date.
This discussion has been closed.