The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[GRIND] 700-750k exp/h - Cracked Wood Cave with math

QuadroTony
QuadroTony
✭✭✭✭✭
other my guides

[GUIDE] 50k gold/hour farm in Cyrodiil. AD and EP
Very Fast "Livestock mass murderer" and Legerdemain levelup

This is the topic about one of the best grind spots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6UF5xkVPBo

GDPEcCQ.jpg
QGyjqKd.jpg
Broim wrote: »
Hi, I was the one that made this video. Only reason we got 750k xp/hour in this clip is because we hade some PvP action just before I started to record... so we lost some xp/hour.
When I grinded VR 12-14 we made 840k xp/hour but I didn't record that. You can easily get 800k xp/hour if you are in a grp with another player, time all spawns right and dont get to much PvP action.

Now i have the numbers and the calculations
i made it with ESO+ 10% exp buff and Enlighhtment(x4 exp buff), solo

any regular mob - 1456 exp
summoned mobs - 0
chest - 4024 exp
boss - 2912 exp
player kill - 8860 exp

bonuses:
heavy sacks
gems(from boses)
Aspect runes
Martial Knowledge items, 30-60k per piece

mobs per route - 71(103376 exp)
chests per route ~ 4(16096 exp)
bosses per route - 3(8736)
PK per hour ~ 5(44300)-20 - related to online of campaign

average time of the route - 6 min(solo)

EXP PER HOUR(my case) = 1.326.380 per hour
without enlightment bonus ~330k - but i am NB

and now imagine how much you will get in group of 2 persons. without enlightment, but with group bonus exp(afaik 10%?) and SPEED BONUS because of group

~500k exp per hour in worst case, and sorc from the video above make 700k
Edited by QuadroTony on May 30, 2015 12:27AM
  • Endurance
    Endurance
    ✭✭✭
    people like you are the reason why i feel like quitting this game
    I'm outta here
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Endurance wrote: »

why?
  • Endurance
    Endurance
    ✭✭✭
    QuadroTony wrote: »

why?

look man if you find a good grinding spot DONT POST IT HERE, its not helpful because ZOS is nerfing every one of these spots its making it harder to level up in the future
    I'm outta here
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they will not nerf it because its in PVP location

try to guess why
  • LIQUID741
    LIQUID741
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in agreement with Endurance posting this stuff, just basically nerfs it. Maybe not by ZOS but by the playerbase.
    Solid-Nightblade of AD
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

why?

look man if you find a good grinding spot DONT POST IT HERE, its not helpful because ZOS is nerfing every one of these spots its making it harder to level up in the future

quoting for emphasis
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree, they are not going to nerf it because people grinding here accomplishes exactly what ZOS wants people to do in Cyrodiil, which is SPREAD OUT.

If it was in a PvE zone...then yeah. It would have been nerfed already.

I mean think about it, ZOS just made Cyrodiil mobs VR12...you don't think they realized these areas were gonna be good exp? They even give you an AP buff now for killing a delve boss.
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exactly

no reason now to nerf Cyrodiil mobs
  • lostavalon
    lostavalon
    ✭✭✭
    why the *** would u post it here, are u truely trying to get every single decent grind spot nerfed? look what they did to craglorn... just cause its in pvp doesnt mean they arnt going to nerf it. ffs are u really trying to ruin it for everyone eh?
    @Choof
    Kontrol Freek - Sorcerer
    PC/NA
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lostavalon lol
    pls read few posts above =)
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG all these PvE tears are priceless..... ty for posting keep up the good work... i gave you an awesome for your efforts.

DK SCRUB OUT
  • gunhed9b14_ESO
    gunhed9b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the info, will be sure to spread the word!

LOL @ all the people upset over this post; if it gets nerfed (doubtful), it gets nerfed - at least this way more people can jump into it instead of it being kept hush hush! Y'all don't gotta be selfish!!
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »
    OMG all these PvE tears are priceless..... ty for posting keep up the good work... i gave you an awesome for your efforts.

DK SCRUB OUT

thanks, man :)
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about Haynote Cave?

You literally can't move without having an angry undead skeleton, necromancer or cultist in your face.

Every foot you move, there is an enemy there, filled with experience points seemingly ready to esplode in a glorious esplosion of experience points.

Also, the two bosses in this Cyrodiil delve? They both spawn, simultaneously.

Now, remember; it's common for Cyrodiil delves to have multiple bosses, in some cases four bosses, only one can be alive at one time, killing one forces a RNG spawn timer of ten minutes.

Haynote Cave though? 100% more efficient than any other Cyrodiil delve with regards to acquiring grand soul gems. If you factor in distance travelled and other variables, it's definitely going to be a one-thousand-million-percent increase in grand soul gem acquisition efficiency.

#Grinder4Life
    #CyrodiilDelveIncredibleGrindSpotAwarenessSpreader

Keep up the good work, QuadroTony. I look forward to seeing posts regarding Haynote Cave, and maybe perhaps even Aspect Rune Cave, otherwise known as Capstone Cave located near Bruma.

Capstone Cave; where the treasure chests overflow with Martial Knowledge gear, always an aspect rune spawning whilst experience points just keep on givin'.
    Edited by Teiji on April 6, 2015 3:14AM
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is guaranteed to get nerfed, no doubt about it.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sweet thanks for this info, time to get to grinding! Was using the cats north of Riften.
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teiji wrote: »
    What about Haynote Cave?

You literally can't move without having an angry undead skeleton, necromancer of cultist in your face.

Every foot you move, there is an enemy there, filled with experience points seemingly ready to esplode in a glorious esplosion of experience points.

Also, the two bosses in this Cyrodiil delve? They both spawn, simultaneously.

Now, remember; it's common for Cyrodiil delves to have multiple bosses, in some cases four bosses, only one can be alive at one time, killing one forces a RNG spawn timer of ten minutes.

Haynote Cave though? 100% more efficient than any other Cyrodiil delve with regards to acquiring grand soul gems. If you factor in distance travelled and other variables, it's definitely going to be a one-thousand-million-percent increase in grand soul gem acquisition efficiency.

#Grinder4Life
    #CyrodiilDelveIncredibleGrindSpotAwarenessSpreader

Keep up the good work, QuadroTony. I look forward to seeing posts regarding Haynote Cave, and maybe perhaps even Aspect Rune Cave, otherwise known as Capstone Cave located near Bruma.

Capstone Cave; where the treasure chests overflow with Martial Knowledge gear, always an aspect rune spawning whilst experience points just keep on givin'.

thanks! i will test it
  • lostavalon
    lostavalon
    ✭✭✭
    Read what? Calculations i made weeks ago? Or the guy that reckon they done it to spread ppl out? What a load a crap grinding spots are usefull for 2 ppl to do it anymore and the exp is absolute garbage and not worth it.

I hate pve n only do this for a few hours when the pvp lag gets unberable,
    But going off from how zos have treated every single other grind, this wont be possible over the next few patches,

Yes they uped the npc lvl to v12 so us v14's can still get ok exp from cyrodiil npc's,
    Look where the game is now and how much do u think they actually tested b4 implementing stuff?

I really hope they dont nerf it but i reckon its only a few weeks b4 they all are again

@Choof
    Kontrol Freek - Sorcerer
    PC/NA
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks! i will test it

The thing that's great about Haynote Cave, is how rare it is to see less than two angry enemies absolutely overflowing with experience points.

So, you can run through a corridor with your huge sword, see twelve npcs all around with really short respawn timers. Have no fear if they're at range, that's what your Equilibrium Entropy spell is used for! Shalidor would be proud to see such efficient use of the Mage's Guild's teachings.

You're able to fight a minimum of three enemies in Haynote Cave, all the time. Every npc or two npcs which are off in the wrong spawn points, you just Equilibrium them so they charge and leap upon your huge sword that takes two hands to hold whilst you aoe down entire rooms.

It's like a training delve on aoe farming. Not an easy one mind you, the necromancer NPC's will ruin the efficiency of inexperienced aoe grinders.

How do you combat this?

Simple, you destroy the necromancer asap as you move with single target abilities, you do this as you move around to pull stragglers to you with Entropy.
    Now, I know what you're thinking; "But what if they're necromancers that will only fight me at range!? simple, as they have low health, you just continue pulling the rooms with your 28 meter range Equilibrium, then you aoe all the melee mobs down and mop them up last! If you want to to be insanely efficient, you can just meteor them if they're in a group minimum size of two. This makes your travel time throughout the delve extremely efficient!

#MakeGrindsNotWar
    #MoChampPointsMoProblems
    Edited by Teiji on April 9, 2015 9:48AM
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now they just need to nerf XP gain and spawn rates in all cyro delves and it will be profit. Sorry not a fan of grind spots, never have been
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep the XP rates outside of caves though, just not inside :)
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lostavalon wrote: »
    Read what? Calculations i made weeks ago? Or the guy that reckon they done it to spread ppl out? What a load a crap grinding spots are usefull for 2 ppl to do it anymore and the exp is absolute garbage and not worth it.

But going off from how zos have treated every single other grind, this wont be possible over the next few patches,

Yes they uped the npc lvl to v12 so us v14's can still get ok exp from cyrodiil npc's,
    Look where the game is now and how much do u think they actually tested b4 implementing stuff?

I really hope they dont nerf it but i reckon its only a few weeks b4 they all are again

A load of crap?

Fact: Zenimax specifically requested that players spread out to reduce lag in Cyrodiil.

Fact: Zenimax added an AP buff for killing delve bosses and increase Cyrodiil mob level.
    (assumption: Zenimax wants players to actually play around in these delves)

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Bashing & Slanderous Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on April 7, 2015 4:16PM
  • lostavalon
    lostavalon
    ✭✭✭
    Valymer wrote: »

A load of crap?

Fact: Zenimax specifically requested that players spread out to reduce lag in Cyrodiil.

Fact: Zenimax added an AP buff for killing delve bosses and increase Cyrodiil mob level.

do u pvp?
    did u really think that a few delves has spread ppl out?
    cause it certainly hasnt helped lag since they uped the lvls on cyrodiil npc's, do u no why? cause this does nothing towards making ppl spread out.

there wouldnt be countless threads on lag in pvp if they actually done something to help it..
    if they didnt promote there game to be able to hold 100v100 with no problmes what so ever, im sure ppl wouldnt worry bout it as much as they do, pvpers payed for for pvp that zos promoted with the game b4 launch, and patch after patch it just gets worse n worse, what else can you expect, no one to say anything but the game is perfect?

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on April 7, 2015 4:16PM
    @Choof
    Kontrol Freek - Sorcerer
    PC/NA
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valymer wrote: »

A load of crap?

do u pvp?
    did u really think that a few delves has spread ppl out?
    cause it certainly hasnt helped lag since they uped the lvls on cyrodiil npc's, do u no why? cause this does nothing towards making ppl spread out.

there wouldnt be countless threads on lag in pvp if they actually done something to help it..
    if they didnt promote there game to be able to hold 100v100 with no problmes what so ever, im sure ppl wouldnt worry bout it as much as they do, pvpers payed for for pvp that zos promoted with the game b4 launch, and patch after patch it just gets worse n worse, what else can you expect, no one to say anything but the game is perfect?

Yep, I pvp and I've seen firsthand how much it has spread people out. I don't believe that the lag problems will be solved by people spreading out though...I never said that once.

What I said was that Zenimax wants people to spread out. They seem to think that it will help the lag. It doesn't matter whether or not that will help the situation. That is not what I am saying.

What I am saying is that I do not think they will nerf the exp on these grind spots because that would defeat their proposed solution to the lag problems.

You are right, though, the promised large-scale PvP battles are just not technologically feasible. Blame it on the megaserver, the game code, whatever...but it seems that we should give up that idea for now. Smart money would be on adding another form of PvP such as arenas, dueling, or battlegrounds to alleviate Cyrodiil load. But Zenimax has also said that they are not going to do this.

So it's anyone's guess as to what will happen next.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on April 7, 2015 4:17PM
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    testing Capstone Cave now
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you sir. You gave me the reason to roll an DC toon so I can kick you.

• QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you sir. You gave me the reason to roll an DC toon so I can kick you.

remember im on EU
    and probably i will kill you, like other grinders before
    thi cave is pretty nice for sneakers like me
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hah, I will like to see that. But need to level my toon first :)
  • nothing2591
    nothing2591
    ✭✭✭
    better ap grind spot if you know what i mean ;)
    VR16 nb rank 28 svampenn
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    better ap grind spot if you know what i mean ;)

Yeah people don't understand that with more than 2 people grinding xp is worthless and if they bring like whole zerg inside, what you get from that? I mean wth now lets bring all army to one dungeon and kill the game lol

Would be cool if they make a instanced option for all dungeons in Cyrodiil where is only max of 2 or 3 people in group to enter the dungeon for each alliance, so there is a nice option for smale scale pvp capture dungeon flag idea. Group which captures the dungeon gets it for like 1 hour timer or gets guards infront of it.
    Something like that would be nice.