The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

1.6: How big download?

rsiloliveiraub17_ESO
30GB confirmed?
  • catsgomeow
    catsgomeow
    ✭✭✭
    these download sizes are ridiculous, eso has swallowed more of my bandwidth than a number of games combined, I am on a limited monthly cap and ive had about enough of these purely insane download sizes, I think my subscription stops with 1.6
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates !
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not quite a big as a bull netch but bigger than a guar
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    catsgomeow wrote: »
    these download sizes are ridiculous, eso has swallowed more of my bandwidth than a number of games combined, I am on a limited monthly cap and ive had about enough of these purely insane download sizes, I think my subscription stops with 1.6

That's got to be frustrating I'm on fiber with unlimited data so no idea....even unlimited on my 4g android ...maybe zos could offer a highly compressed version (if it's not already) that people in you boat can DL unzip and drop into the folder ...much like an add-on.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OVER 9000!

Megabytes
  • rsiloliveiraub17_ESO
    It is like every patch we need to download the whole game again.
    Edited by rsiloliveiraub17_ESO on March 3, 2015 12:56PM
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we're about to find out.

now we wait...

cheers.
  • Rebeccas04nub18_ESO
    And so the wait begins..............
    Wicked Felina/ Khajiit NB DC
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    What does the scouts says about patch size ?
    IT'S OVER 9000 !!!!!!
  • marc-zbindenpreeb18_ESO
    9 GB isn't that big, only about a third of the whole game...
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorry for missleading, i meant over 9000gb
  • marc-zbindenpreeb18_ESO

That would be 9 TB. I guess not many of us have such big HDDs and certainly not SSDs.

Anywhere ESO/Zenimax says that?
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, initial download size wasn't 30 GB unless you didn't have the PTS client installed (then you ha da full install!). The actual update should be around 15 GB generic data and 5-6 GB voiceover files, but it might be less for the live client.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you propose they get all the high-res textures and audio to your computer?

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be 9 TB. I guess not many of us have such big HDDs and certainly not SSDs.

Anywhere ESO/Zenimax says that?
    No, he was making a joke based on the "It's over 9000!!!!" meme.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • rsiloliveiraub17_ESO
    Sacadon wrote: »
    How do you propose they get all the high-res textures and audio to your computer?

Assuming we have the game already downloaded, patches shouldn't be the size of the full game.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sacadon wrote: »
    I've always been partial to using carrier pigeons.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Rebeccas04nub18_ESO
    Smaxx wrote: »
    No, initial download size wasn't 30 GB unless you didn't have the PTS client installed (then you ha da full install!). The actual update should be around 15 GB generic data and 5-6 GB voiceover files, but it might be less for the live client.

so 20-ish? my game is around 36 right now.
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember: They replace some files. So, yes you must download the game again. Partially.
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Taonnor wrote: »
    Remember: They replace some files. So, yes you must download the game again. Partially.

^ This. They haven't figured out how to patch a 200 MB change into a 5 GB file, so you have to re-download the entire 5 GB file.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big enough I'm concerned.

I'm pretty sure a program automatically installed itself onto my SSD last week.

.. ... I need to go home at lunch and check that.

And delete EVERYTHING.

Must have patch downloaded and ready when I get home from work *twitches*
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's 2015, this is normal.

It's not ZOS's fault that you have a cap / possible outdated tech that can't handle normal games to be honest.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not ZOS's fault that you have a cap / possible outdated tech that can't handle normal games to be honest.

Not sure where you are.. but before I was on fibre on was on the old "ADSL" which had a cap. I'm sure about 2 years ago when it was becoming totally outdated they stopped billing my when I went above the cap. Probably their version of "I feel sorry for you, your internet speed, and not-unlimited data" Talk to your provider, and maybe they can offer you something?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • catsgomeow
    catsgomeow
    ✭✭✭

What ZOS needs to understand is some countries isp's don't offer unlimited bandwidths unless you are willing to pay through the nose for them, and my tech is just fine thankyou. Thing is this is a new pc I just installed the client last week after jumping through many hoops because it decided to download the NA client not the EU, there goes a nice chunk, and now we have this being thrown at us, another client sized patch for an update/expansion, tell me im not the only one shaking my head at this.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates !
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    legendary_godzilla_2014_by_brawl27-d7eiai3-e1398957338152.jpg
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Tomg999
    Tomg999
    ✭✭✭✭
    So do I have to keep checking the client every 15 minutes to see if "PLAY" has changed to "UPDATE" or whatever & then click on it? I don't remember from last time.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomg999 wrote: »
    So do I have to keep checking the client every 15 minutes to see if "PLAY" has changed to "UPDATE" or whatever & then click on it? I don't remember from last time.

Leave your launcher up and go away and do stuff. One of two things will happen:

1. The patch will start downloading when its available. (I dont think this will be the case unless you played PTS.)
    2. When the patch becomes available, a message like "Manifest Unavailable" will appear on your screen. This means your launcher needs to be restarted to install the updated launcher. Once you have finished that, your download will start.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Rebeccas04nub18_ESO
    Tomg999 wrote: »

Umm, yeah.

Or just look at the forums header. We would like an alert on our mobile devices (since some of us are a bit compulsive) but we didn't get that yet.
  • infraction2008b16_ESO
    infraction2008b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faugaun wrote: »
    Initial 1.6 on pts was 30ish gig...I expect after all t:he changes it will be similar for live

Ummm... most pts stuff in other games are usually whole clients rather than slimlined patches.

While technology has advanced the attitudes of certain isp's in particular mainstream ones haven't. Even ones that offer unlimited data will often throttle after a few gig because it's what they expect to be the max for the average user to dl under their fair use policy.

While none of this is zenimax's fault they do have to consider that some might run into issues with caps a throttling...

Edited by infraction2008b16_ESO on March 3, 2015 2:41PM