The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

The "Differently Geared" - Standing in Stupid

Shimmer
Shimmer
✭✭✭✭✭
Prefer cosmetic items to ones that actually grant armor? Do you loot during combat? Do people frequently leave your voip channel when you join? Do you frequently AFK during raids? Do you have absolutely no idea how to play your class? Perhaps you are one of the "Differently Geared".

In the first episode of the series, the "Differently Geared" bring you, Standing in Stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Fr5OwWsbQ

"Differently Geared": /noun/ used to describe a group of individuals challenged in completing group content to obtain veteran gear.
Edited by Shimmer on 30 September 2015 00:05
YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they leave my channel cause i ignore their dumb questions,and i afk so i can go punch a baby alot
    Options
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor Jim.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "That's a bad circle!" :D
    PS4 Pro NA
    Options
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Made me laugh...earned you an awesome.
    I do hope Jim consented to this lol
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
    Options
  • Mighty_oakk
    Mighty_oakk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was funny
    Options
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    Made me laugh...earned you an awesome.
    I do hope Jim consented to this lol

Yes lol everyone consented!

Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The 1:26 is more one of those premonition, lag ,rolls, required type of things . It happens often enough. i don't think there is much to do against.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO!!

Oh my goodness. Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting that, hehe. =D

I have been playing a Templar since beta and I basically lost count of the times that this has happended to me, even in some guild runs I have been in, lol - let alone PuGs

Adding to standing in everything you are not supposed to would be

- players that keep backing up and backing up and backing up, taking aggroed mobs with them... (bow wielders especially seem prone to this...) then they end up dying someplace way the heck behind the rest of the team and of course get mad at me for not healing them while they were 50 meters away from my tank o.O

- Sorcs (forgive me, love yas and your uber, zappy-crispy dps... but....) streaking in vet dungeons

We get that there is the perception Templars and BoL are healing gods but seriously? If it comes to a choice between a cleared run or a wipe due to me running out of magicka for having to heal one person over and over and over who keeps "standing in stupid" ---- uh... I am going to let you die no matter how much you yell at me.

Cheers! :)
    Edited by Soulshine on 13 August 2015 01:53
    Options
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I <3'ed that! True LOL's on this side, can't wait for more! :D
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

Options
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very funny :D
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
    Options
  • Vile_Discharge
    Vile_Discharge
    Soul Shriven
    haha nice, that is me at times sigh. or just roll in to a wall or rock. My situational awareness is poop sometimes :neutral:
    Options
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great job....Vet dungeons need roughly 20k health for healers and dps....just FYI. Video was very well done.
    I'm kind of a small deal!
    Options
  • Soriana
    Soriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I admit it...I came back after being in game and watched it again! Too funny...and too true!
    Options
  • Love_Chunks
    Love_Chunks
    ✭✭✭
    Vid was hilarious. "Heavy attack when hes feeding..." lol'd. Vorenor is like the easiest boss ever. Just block the tele attack and move out of the blood pools. Poor jim though. I wonder if he has the bug where the red circles dont display?
    Me: It's[WB spamming DK] a really cheesy build
    Guildy: I like cheese with my wine, and WB creates some really good wine.
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :lol:

Thank you for that, gave me a good laugh.
    Sounds like poor Jim may have a screen full of flashing numbers, for to not see some of those red circles... one has to wonder.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to add one of my favorite encouragements during a dungeon, which of course gets the tank chuckling:

"block is your friend" : P

Anyone can do it and you do not need a shield. There is also an achievement for blocking in dungeons, just as there is one for healing and one for doing damage... if you are like a hundred million points in to doing damage but have only 1200k points in blocking...

That's right, hehe ;)

Cheers!
    Options
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol,

From now on when someone in my group will die from standing in stupid ill call it "you just went full Jim"

Also, as a side note, id like to mention rare bug that would prevent AOE circles from displaying properly, tho last time ive seen it was probably month or more ago. Enemy boss would cast AOE attack but there was no circle and often no visual effects. Whole group could get wiped out the instant. I think it could also happen to separate people in group.
    Options
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hilarious!

Reminds me of some of my random pledge PUGs.. Good times.
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
    Options
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Came back for a second helping lol
    I do hope you make more of these, bookmarked the thread so I can find it again since they moved it.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
    Options
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good stuff
    Edited by Shunravi on 13 August 2015 06:53
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to enjoy this video, but I have no clue what's going on underneath all these floating numbers. If I had to play like this, I'd be just like Jim. :(
    Options
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very good stuff!!

We have helped many new players pop their "Red is bad, stay out of it" cherry but poor Jim!
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
    Options
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW did you know there are different kinds of red?
    There is pure red red and there is also some kind of pinkish/salmon light red red.
    The first kind is most common.
    The other kind can be found only in COA Lurcher boss. I found it to confuse a lot of players. The change of red color tone makes them think that this red is safer than other red because its less color intense.
    Options
  • AudioVortex
    AudioVortex
    ✭✭
    Great video!
    Vex Carlotta - Templar - Imperial - Aldmeri Dominion - VR2 - Werewolf
    Casamir Naharis - Dragon Knight (Tank) - Dunmer - Aldmeri Dominion - VR10 - Werewolf
    Razelan Azani - Nightblade - Redguard - Daggerfall Covenant - L45
    EU Dominion - Aldmeri Kings
    EU Daggerfall - Daggerfalls Elite
    Options
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol,

From now on when someone in my group will die from standing in stupid ill call it "you just went full Jim"

Also, as a side note, id like to mention rare bug that would prevent AOE circles from displaying properly, tho last time ive seen it was probably month or more ago. Enemy boss would cast AOE attack but there was no circle and often no visual effects. Whole group could get wiped out the instant. I think it could also happen to separate people in group.
    Hmm I have lately experienced the boss in Crypt of Hearts veteran, the one that pulls and pushes out into aoe circles - her circles are sometimes invisible/ somewhere els than the animation you see on screen. I have rolldodged into aoe fields, where there shouldn't be any.... so have many of my group members as well.

Rosveen wrote: »
    I wanted to enjoy this video, but I have no clue what's going on underneath all these floating numbers. If I had to play like this, I'd be just like Jim. :(
    You see the video from the healers point of view... The addon shows all the heals in yellow-whiteish colors on the screen. On the right-centered side of the screen you see all warnings of resource management, such as low stamina, low magicka, no more health... The text you see float around the room in different colors than the heals and warnings are probably the damage the person makes or recieves.
    Options
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job....Vet dungeons need roughly 20k health for healers and dps....just FYI. Video was very well done.

yea I have 21k health with food kicking, my food must have worn out in that fight lol. :blush:

Options
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Im a tank now lol. Makes things waaay more entertaining haha.

Options
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • whyB
    whyB
    ✭✭✭
    hahaha
    Options
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sylance9 thank you so much <3 remember to link the upcomming video about it here kthxbai<3 ^^

Working on the new one :)

Options