Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

The "Differently Geared" - Standing in Stupid

• Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry gathering footage as it happens...should be soonish (tm)
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
    Options
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    :lol: Hilarious
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

Options
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a good laugh.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
    Options
  • Azarath_tiberius
    Azarath_tiberius
    ✭✭✭
    holy [snip], this is gold :D

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Brett on 30 September 2015 10:00
    Options
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS needs to implement damage squares to help the circle-blind. Apprarently the problem is more serious than we thought.
    Options
  • UntameableAngel
    Ahaha, great video! This was probably the most entertaining 2 minutes I've spent on these forums.

Definitely some legendary quotes in this..

"WHAT, DO YOU NOT SEE THE CIRCLE?" "NO - I DID NOT SEE IT, OKAY!"

"That is bad circle. THAT IS A BAD CIRCLE!"

"Get out of stupid. Don. DON!" "I can't get out of stupid, it's following me!"

"JIMMEH!"

"God, you guys are really good!"

"Jim, you just ran INTO a circle!"

The final fight clip takes the cake though.

Pure gold.

I propose Jim changes his name to something more fitting!
    Edited by UntameableAngel on 30 September 2015 02:07
    Options
  • LiquidZ
    LiquidZ
    ✭✭✭
    Dammit Jim. lol
    Options
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Annihilation Jim. Total, complete, absolute annihilation.

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVW3R5ehrvo]
    Edited by phairdon on 30 September 2015 03:30
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lel, i can't stop looting in combat
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cmon JIM!!!! hahaahaha
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
    Options
  • TayDibiase
    TayDibiase
    ✭✭✭
    That was great
    Average is only the top of the bottom
    Options
  • Dionysusjones
    Dionysusjones
    ✭✭✭
    "Leroy you are just stupid as hell"
    "least i got chicken!"
    Options
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was awesome and hilarious. Thanks for the vid.
    Options
  • icontested
    icontested
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylance9 wrote: »
    Prefer cosmetic items to ones that actually grant armor? Do you loot during combat? Do people frequently leave your voip channel when you join? Do you frequently AFK during raids? Do you have absolutely no idea how to play your class? Perhaps you are one of the "Differently Geared".

In the first episode of the series, the "Differently Geared" bring you, Standing in Stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Fr5OwWsbQ

"Differently Geared": /noun/ used to describe a group of individuals challenged in completing group content to obtain veteran gear.

I'll post my cooking series where I recreate the recipes of ESO in my kitchen. It features a real tiger, two strippers, and me. Good watch.
    Voted and Current reigning champion of most handsome ESO player of 2013-2016
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    L2P

;)
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    Ohh that was so funny :D
    Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com
    Options
  • GCVDJ11T
    GCVDJ11T
    ✭✭✭✭
    Omg that was so fricken funny! We have a guildie that I swear he thinks candy spawns in the red. I wish I would have recorded a VCoH run ..

Red - I can't help it something comes over me in combat...
    My healers response "yea what comes over you is death you dumba$$"

Bawahahaha! But he's ours so we just make sure we have plenty of soul gems!
    Edited by GCVDJ11T on 30 September 2015 07:04
    Options
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylance9 wrote: »
    Prefer cosmetic items to ones that actually grant armor? Do you loot during combat? Do people frequently leave your voip channel when you join? Do you frequently AFK during raids? Do you have absolutely no idea how to play your class? Perhaps you are one of the "Differently Geared".

In the first episode of the series, the "Differently Geared" bring you, Standing in Stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Fr5OwWsbQ

"Differently Geared": /noun/ used to describe a group of individuals challenged in completing group content to obtain veteran gear.

So funny LOL.

To be fair to Jim though, quite a few of those deaths were practically insta-gibs from the red circles, he dies almost as soon as they appear, and something I've noticed (and it's even in that video) sometimes the red circles only appear as a very thin red outline instead of a solid circle, that makes them quite hard to see, especially if you have poor eyesight which I have, I often miss the circles when that happens.

But yeah some of those deaths were simply not reacting quick enough and perfect examples of LOLWTF moments.

Sidenote: oh wow averaging at 16fps, how can you play like that? I get stressed if my FPS drops below 50, although anything above 30fps is perfectly playable, anything below that and I can't play.
    Edited by Belidos on 30 September 2015 08:39
    Options
  • Vatter
    Vatter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is what eso has become
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Ohhh Jim...

Nice video ahha
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's basically how it looks like when I solo normal world bosses with my stamina builds when it's more than 1 boss.. after the IC update. I see more red circles and death caps than ever before. Result: I don't play my stamina characters anymore, I simply got tired of this.

Edited by Moonshadow66 on 30 September 2015 10:31
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

Options
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    haha awesome video B) reminds me of so many of my runs.
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We have a nb guildie who tries to aggro tank and solo a vet boss standing in stupid. And shuts his mic off if we tell him to move and turns it on to complain we didn't heal him... he seems to think he's wielding a bow given by akatosh himself that will anime style kill a boss in a single shot followed by a spirit bomb explosion...
    Options
  • JWT
    JWT
    ✭✭
    effin' res circles man~
    ahaha oh wow
    may his chaos set you free~

Fennreous Ironwill - v15 stammblade/tank - AD
    Nitara ShadowClaw - v16 stammblade/tank - EP
    Ka'ri ShadowClaw - v16 magicblade - DC
    Options
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of frustrations for a healer inside a dungeon.
    - People standing in stupid.
    - Your whole team deciding to attack a different add, all in opposite corners of the room.
    - People not blocking heavy attacks after which they expect you to heal them.
    - "ow, you use healing springs... EVERYONE, SPREAD OUT".
    - "Lord Warden has 4 shadows, lets all attack a different one".
    - "If he heals enough we can keep standing inside stupid".
    - "I use a bow and spam snipe, so why do expect me to stay close to you... Also, heal this damage the Adds deal to me".

A few days ago i helped some level 13 guys through Banished Cells (I'm VR16). Didn't do any fighting, only taunted a boss if that was needed. Just dropped down Purifying ritual, Rapid Regeneration and used Vigor to keep them alive when they fought.
    In the end, at the last boss, they didn't even bother stepping out of the red zones because my healing healed them for so much they wouldn't even die.
    Might have created a future "Jim" because of that.
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
    Options
  •  HollyQ502
    This is why I don't group. I'm Jim. :s
    Options
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are a lot of frustrations for a healer inside a dungeon.
    - People standing in stupid.
    - Your whole team deciding to attack a different add, all in opposite corners of the room.
    - People not blocking heavy attacks after which they expect you to heal them.
    - "ow, you use healing springs... EVERYONE, SPREAD OUT".
    - "Lord Warden has 4 shadows, lets all attack a different one".
    - "If he heals enough we can keep standing inside stupid".
    - "I use a bow and spam snipe, so why do expect me to stay close to you... Also, heal this damage the Adds deal to me".

A few days ago i helped some level 13 guys through Banished Cells (I'm VR16). Didn't do any fighting, only taunted a boss if that was needed. Just dropped down Purifying ritual, Rapid Regeneration and used Vigor to keep them alive when they fought.
    In the end, at the last boss, they didn't even bother stepping out of the red zones because my healing healed them for so much they wouldn't even die.
    Might have created a future "Jim" because of that.

Yup, as you say there are a lot of frustrations for healers, but on the flip side if you're a good healer you can ignore many of those frustrations. At least in ESO you don't have to worry about targeting those you want to heal, everything's group or area based so instead of "see low health, switch to target, heal" it's, "keep an eye on health and heal heal heal".
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for pointing out why I don't count myself as an MMO player. You people are too judgmental and you want everyone to play a specific way.

I'd rather not complete content than to put up with people like that.
    Edited by Gidorick on 30 September 2015 12:43
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    It's so funny cause we've all been there. Great video! Thanks for posting it.
    Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very funny! I can hear everyone start using the phrase, "Don't be a Jim! " " oh no! He did a Jim again!"
    Options