Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

The "Differently Geared" - Standing in Stupid

• Salmonoid
    Salmonoid
    ✭✭✭
    Intro music is severely overused on YouTube videos, I suggest not using it again.
    Australian - PS4 NA
    VR16 WoodElf Nightblade

It's not the peel, it's the nana.
    Options
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hilarious video and thanks for the good laugh :) And to be fair to Jim, I feel your pain budd. I don't know how many times I've died while standing in the red, but we all do until we get use to watching for the signs and reacting to them. We learn, we adapt, have fun, and get better :) So have fun Jim as it seems like you are in a good group.
    Options
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL this is awesome. Please make more!
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
    Options
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Jim, you just ran INTO a circle"

I lol'd
    Options
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. "I can't get out of the circle (the stupid) it's following me!" That statement alone had me laughing so hard. GG
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
    Options
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the fumiest posts on these forums. I think I need to change my name in real life before I start seeing red circles every time someone calls me by my name.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
    Options
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please I want many many more of these to watch :) great video lmao
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
    Options
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Thank you for pointing out why I don't count myself as an MMO player. You people are too judgmental and you want everyone to play a specific way.

I'd rather not complete content than to put up with people like that.

This is nothing to do with people wanting others to play in a certain way, as long as said people have the common sense to get out of the blast radius of a huge amount of incoming damage that is obviously incoming.
    Options
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the fumiest posts on these forums. I think I need to change my name in real life before I start seeing red circles every time someone calls me by my name.

mynameisjim.jpg
    Options
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for pointing out why I don't count myself as an MMO player. You people are too judgmental and you want everyone to play a specific way.

Indeed; hope Jim finds some folks who are more interested in being helpful and laid back about the game than being well, bullyish.

It's tantamount to making fun of the skinny kid that can't do a pull-up in "gym" class, and posting a video about how wretched he is, and how they shouted at him in front of the rest of the group. Honorable, and certainly commendable.

Of course this is quite normal in MMO's. Players way too impressed by their elite skill of button pushing, perfectly justified in the vilification of those with perceived inferior abilities.

Great "Why random grouping requires a thick skin---or no mic" video.

Options
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morimizo wrote: »

Indeed; hope Jim finds some folks who are more interested in being helpful and laid back about the game than being well, bullyish.

It's tantamount to making fun of the skinny kid that can't do a pull-up in "gym" class, and posting a video about how wretched he is, and how they shouted at him in front of the rest of the group. Honorable, and certainly commendable.

Of course this is quite normal in MMO's. Players way too impressed by their elite skill of button pushing, perfectly justified in the vilification of those with perceived inferior abilities.

@Morimizo

I guess it could sound that way without knowing the players and knowing they are actually family, not a PUG. When you take into account it was me yelling at him, and he happens to be my older brother I hope you can understand it wasn't meant as hostile. He gives me grief all the time for doing the same sort of things. We just chose the extreme clips to use in the video as we thought they were funny after the fact. In some of those clips, it was Jim, our sister, my wife, and I.

Jim lives in a different part of the country but we still play together several times a week. He stands in red, and I always face pull and accidentally fall off high places. Have to include Jim yelling at me for getting us all killed in one of the upcoming videos, lol!
    Edited by Elijah_Crow on 30 September 2015 18:04
    Options
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess it could sound that way without knowing the players and knowing they are actually family, not a PUG. When you take into account it was me yelling at him, and he happens to be my older brother I hope you can understand it wasn't meant as hostile. He gives me grief all the time for doing the same sort of things. We just chose the extreme clips to use in the video as we thought they were funny after the fact. In some of those clips, it was Jim, our sister, my wife, and I.

Jim lives in a different part of the country but we still play together several times a week. He stands in red, and I always face pull and accidentally fall off high places. Have to include Jim yelling at me for getting us all killed in one of the upcoming videos, lol!

Man, that is SO cool!! Tried to get my kids to play with my husband and I, they just didn't take to it. Would have been a perfect 4 man group!

Also, have to say that makes it even funnier. Knowing you are all family while hearing Jim get yelled at is awesome LOL!
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
    Options
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morimizo wrote: »

@Morimizo

Thank you for the clarification; I was too quick to assume the group was a PUG, due to my own experiences of having to leave many groups with a similar attitude towards a "weak link" in a party (whether myself or others). I'm sure from the outside many would think my siblings and I are harsh to each other as well---lol.

Happy gaming!

Options
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it!
    You guys should do a vid of some forays into IC.

My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
    Options
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heh. I've played with a lot of people who just stand in AOE circles, and come to find out most of them are in first person (where you can't see AOEs). It really gives you a sense of immersion, but kills any chances of survivability. That said... that video was <3
    Options
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Heh. I've played with a lot of people who just stand in AOE circles, and come to find out most of them are in first person (where you can't see AOEs). It really gives you a sense of immersion, but kills any chances of survivability. That said... that video was <3

I totally did that the other day. I healed a PUG and didn't realize I was doing it in first person until we were done because I'm so used to doing solo content in first person. Thankfully I didn't blow it!
    PC NA
    Options
  • cabbagechest
    I watched the video thinking it was sure to be yet another "Here's the time I soloed everyone on the North American server at once and won" vids. What a refreshing change of pace it wound up being, showing instead the human mistakes we've all made from time to time. Thanks for this.
    Options
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gard wrote: »
    Love it!
    You guys should do a vid of some forays into IC.

So for some reason my capture wasnt working during our first attempt at Molag Kena.... it was hysterical because three of them died to the fire wall, I rezzed them, then while they were explaining the wall of fire i died to it because i was running around in circles...

We do have fun ;)
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
    Options
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny...but...doesn't hold a candle to a real WoW raid. Then again, ESO dungeons or trails aren't 'raids'. Try managing 40 people....

I give you Dives, raid leader of a 40 man Onyxia raid back in 2006. If you remember the mechanics of this fight....well, I lmao to this day at listening to this video and the matching animations.

http://youtu.be/HtvIYRrgZ04
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
    Options
  •  HollyQ502

OK - I'm so used to playing in first person that it never occurred to me to switch to third so I could see AOE circles. I don't know why I never thought of this, all I can say is I'm a creature of habit, can't teach an old dog new tricks, etc. I'll have to try and get used to third person though so I won't be Jim anymore.
    Options
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem = 14k hp. Solution 18k+ hp.
    Edited by tordr86b16_ESO on 1 October 2015 12:00
    Options
  •  HollyQ502
    uberkull wrote: »
    Funny...but...doesn't hold a candle to a real WoW raid. Then again, ESO dungeons or trails aren't 'raids'. Try managing 40 people....

Was Everquest before your time? We regularly had 100+ in two raids on the same target (because we had a huge guild). Those were some good days. That's where I learned that if I get agro, DON'T MOVE.

Options
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem = 15k hp. Solution 18k+ hp.

I give you Dives, raid leader of a 40 man Onyxia raid back in 2006. If you remember the mechanics of this fight....well, I lmao to this day at listening to this video and the matching animations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80R9FG8s_nU
    Options
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HollyQ502 wrote: »

Was Everquest before your time? We regularly had 100+ in two raids on the same target (because we had a huge guild). Those were some good days. That's where I learned that if I get agro, DON'T MOVE.
    Nah..it wasn't. Just wanted to point out a raid that has a historic vent recording of a raid leader going off.
    Options
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Morimizo

You are blessed to group with your family. I tried to get my 2x sons +wife into ESO, they didnt.

Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
    Options
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem = 15k hp. Solution 18k+ hp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80R9FG8s_nU

Yea, this was the only OTHER 40 man back then in WoW. Molten Core.

Options
  • GCVDJ11T
    GCVDJ11T
    ✭✭✭✭

Gidorick - I would rather run with my "Jim" in our guild than any of the elitist players out there. Actually ALL of us love when our "Jim" is on. We are like a family, he tries so hard and is a blast to run with.

I don't take this thread at all to being judgmental. Clearly they run together a lot because it's different fights.
    Options
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZioGio wrote: »

I totally did that the other day. I healed a PUG and didn't realize I was doing it in first person until we were done because I'm so used to doing solo content in first person. Thankfully I didn't blow it!

Forced first person for having my back against the wall once prevented me from seeing one :s
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
    Options
  • Fubar236
    Fubar236
    That was good, but doesn't hold a candle to the WOW Onyxia raid wipe or leeeeeeeroy Jenkins epicness.
    Props to Uberkull for getting the Dives rage out there. Best of all time.

MOAR DOTS!!!!
    Options
  • drzycki_ESO
    drzycki_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    GCVDJ11T wrote: »

Gidorick - I would rather run with my "Jim" in our guild than any of the elitist players out there. Actually ALL of us love when our "Jim" is on. We are like a family, he tries so hard and is a blast to run with.

I don't take this thread at all to being judgmental. Clearly they run together a lot because it's different fights.

Our guild has a "Jim" too and we adore him. We have all played together for years and our funniest/happiest memories are of the things "Jim" has done. Games are supposed to be about having fun, right?

Options