The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Wait so arenas PvP is confirmed?

• FunkyBudda
    FunkyBudda
    ✭✭✭
    Tolio wrote: »
    Can't wait, cleary anyone who hates this aint a real pvper.

As long as there is no ranking *** and any reward, but repair cost then by all means. But if they follow wow path... Well then thank you singleplayer experience and I move back to WoW. I seriously quit wow only because ESO promised interesting PvP.

I am real PvPer, but I did not come to play MMORPG to play anything else than MASSIVE PvP not some *** arena matches. For that I have WOW!!!

Rift introduced that kind of arena... ranked 5on5s. No rewards just for the ppl who enjoyed the competition. They disabled the feature after a few months as noone was participating.

if there's a big group of ex-WoW players that's subscribed to ESO, I assume they will be crying and whining to make Zenimax add in rewards. Then it leads to gear balance (for example no need to PvE to PvP), skill balances (small scale vs large scale) and that's just the tip of iceberg.

Some people don't know what they are wishing for and the consequence it brings.

If Zenimax has shown quality results in skills balancing, I am willing to wait and see, but given their track record so far, I am afraid they will *** things up even further than the current state of the game.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS better deny this rumours otherwise they might just have done what countless trolls,whiners and dumb reviews couldn't...
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could it be this is the pvp-dungeon they were talking about in the road ahead? I would like to see 3v3 arena-like play or same-faction 1v1's while waiting for a boss to spawn.
    And if they do this they have to be veeeeery decisive from then on whether to nerf/adjust something or not and stick to their decision. When ppl unjustly cry for a specific nerf for example they should simply say: "this game isn't about the 3v3/1v1-gameplay it is just an extra for all our loyal fans" or maybe even get rude xD "stfu, we worked our asses off developing this! don't you dare cry for a nerf now that we've given you what you wanted!"

I personally like the latter one
    Edited by Yusuf on June 11, 2014 6:01PM
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a worthless feature. Arena's...really? So many things to build off with the Elder Scrolls universe and this is the best they can come up with? If this comes out I am done. I don't think I really agree with the developers priorities.

Why show off arena's? Why not show off the justice system? Or the Dark Brotherhood? Or the Imperial City? Or an ACTUAL REAL RAID? Arena's...how original.
    Edited by Worstluck on June 11, 2014 6:02PM
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • Viblo
    Viblo
    ✭✭✭
    They are opening up a can of QQ that they will regret if arenas happen. They think the calls for nerfs are load now just wait.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viblo wrote: »
    They are opening up a can of QQ that they will regret if arenas happen. They think the calls for nerfs are load now just wait.

The 12k subs a day they are losing just kicked up a notch.
  • Zxaxz
    Zxaxz
    ✭✭✭
    c0rp wrote: »
    If i see anything related to a BG or arena added before everything else PVP/cyrodiil is fixed I will desub instantly. And I love this game for the record.

/Agree, as a person who real enjoy's the PvP in ESO. If an Arena system out side of Cry is implemented and ESO turns into; Sitting in town waiting for BG Que's, staring at [snip] WoW Chat clouds all over Town, I am GONE.

Relyk04 wrote: »
    I like this idea honestly. Personally, I've tried PVP about a dozen times and each time I'm alone and rarely encounter an enemy alliance. When I do it becomes a zerg fest and I'm slaughtered before my rig can process what happened. I think arena PVP is a good start. In truth, I'd also like to see open world open zone PVP as well for players of all levels. I often just wonder through Cyrodiil with no player interaction. Again, this is an additional option for PVPers not a replacement for Cyrodiil. I never understood why ppl would mind an additional feature if it's not impacting their play style. Some will PVP in arenas as their preference, others will PVP in Cyrodiil with the same intent.

ROFL, just ROFL. If you can not handle processing the combat in OWPvP, upgrade your computer for 2014+ and wait for some more optimizing (It's really being worked on, they are making it better each patch; Maybe slightly, but better.

Again, this is an additional option for PVPers not a replacement for Cyrodiil. I never understood why ppl would mind an additional feature if it's not impacting their play style.

Are so clueless and have no memory of every game in the history of Gaming? That once Arena PvP is introduced; The OWPvP all but dies, Never gets fixed, AND the game rots in to the cesspool (i.e Rift, WoW, Aion, SWTOR (Add to the list) {This_One wonders why your here, and not in one of these Awesome ARENA games?}) of sitting in town, watching [snip] Chat bubbles while you wait for a Que in the now boring arse piece of [snip] game you begged for on the forums?

WAIT, if they add Duels, then you can fight each other in safety, while you sit your lazy arse's in town and wait for Que's to pop for "PvP", Oh yea;

I forgot you (and ALL your friends) left those games, BECAUSE NO ONE LIKES THAT LAME [snip], for very long....
    thelg wrote: »
    At E3 apparently they demoed a 3v3 WoW copycat lol http://imgur.com/a/Eg5zk

Going to unsub once they confirm this. Bye bye cyrodil it was nice knowing you for couple month heh

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh going to unsubscribe if they add something to the game wahhhhhhhhhh and learn how to spell, Cyrodiil ... apparently you don't play it enough anyway if you can't even spell what the heck you are loading into. XD

Those who want to play in Cyrodiil for a completely different experience than Arena, will be able to do so. I will be playing both if this is actually being implemented.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity and Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on June 11, 2014 6:58PM
    Darkness is the natural state of the galaxy. A light will not shine forever; one day it will burn itself out. Darkness, however, is everlasting and never expires.
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they do an arena it should be geared to low level characters and training/sparring. Still allow anyone to compete (including same faction members) but no big rewards or leader boards. Basically have it be an area to test abilities & skills. Maybe a trophy at most.

As mentioned the focus right now should be improving on PvP in Cyrodiil. It has limitless possibilities where as an arena is a dead end road no matter how you slice it.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evergnar wrote: »
    If they do an arena it should be geared to low level characters and training/sparring. Still allow anyone to compete (including same faction members) but no big rewards or leader boards. Basically have it be an area to test abilities & skills. Maybe a trophy at most.

As mentioned the focus right now should be improving on PvP in Cyrodiil. It has limitless possibilities where as an arena is a dead end road no matter how you slice it.

Apparently Zeni only cares about getting back wow arena player subs, as if that would keep this game from f2p
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thelg wrote: »
    At E3 apparently they demoed a 3v3 WoW copycat lol http://imgur.com/a/Eg5zk

Going to unsub once they confirm this. Bye bye cyrodil it was nice knowing you for couple month heh

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh going to unsubscribe if they add something to the game wahhhhhhhhhh and learn how to spell, Cyrodiil ... apparently you don't play it enough anyway if you can't even spell what the heck you are loading into. XD

Those who want to play in Cyrodiil for a completely different experience than Arena, will be able to do so. I will be playing both if this is actually being implemented.
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arena is part of TES lore. Those against it are fighting an uphill battle. More like against a cliff. Stop thinking mmo and start thinking TES game.
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you really want to see arena pvp implemented into this game with all of its current issues still unresolved? With the history of content and patches introducing new problems? Stop and think a moment people.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tamanous wrote: »
    Stop thinking mmo and start thinking TES game.

I pay a sub for a MMO.
    If i wanted to play an elder scrolls game fully modded Morrowind destroys ESO.

Edited by Gisgo on June 11, 2014 6:19PM
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gisgo wrote: »

I pay a sub for a MMO.

So your opinion bypasses lore. Interesting.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gisgo wrote: »

I pay a sub for a MMO.

So your opinion bypasses lore. Interesting.

Lore would be a single player vs. npc arena such as the one in AD, but nice try.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arena is part of TES lore. Those against it are fighting an uphill battle. More like against a cliff. Stop thinking mmo and start thinking TES game.
    There's already an PVE arena quest line in ESO. So they covered that. Brought back some great memories. A PvP arena is whole different cat which TES has never had.

For the record I'm not against an arena. It just needs to play a specific role that won't take players away from Cyrodiil, which is where the focus should be.
  • Relyk04
    Relyk04
    ✭✭✭
    lol So, the majority is concerned that PVPers will want to do arenas and therefore render Cyrodiil irrelevant? So we are worried that the PVP crowd will have options in how they PVP? Bottom line, if that is what the player base wants then that's it. This will become evident in the number of PVP engagement between arena and Cyrodiil. In either case, the player is choosing, Zeni is just providing the option. Is it just raw ignorance to want to pigeonhole a PVP player into doing just large scale PVP? My question remains. Why should it matter to anyone what others are allocating their time doing whether it's PVE, Arenas, or Cyrodiil PVP?
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol So, the majority is concerned that PVPers will want to do arenas and therefore render Cyrodiil irrelevant? So we are worried that the PVP crowd will have options in how they PVP? Bottom line, if that is what the player base wants then that's it. This will become evident in the number of PVP engagement between arena and Cyrodiil. In either case, the player is choosing, Zeni is just providing the option. Is it just raw ignorance to want to pigeonhole a PVP player into doing just large scale PVP? My question remains. Why should it matter to anyone what others are allocating their time doing whether it's PVE, Arenas, or Cyrodiil PVP?

In purely selfish terms because if they are sucking up to ex-WOW players then the rest of us get no content that interests us and get bored.
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • slt101880b14_ESO
    slt101880b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    oh goodie...now every "elite" jerk will pour out of the woodwork like sickly cockaroaches.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And...suddenly their BS about crafted sets being capable of being the best becomes revealed as BS because dropped stuff from new group areas such as Craglorn and this is better than ones that can be crafted.
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh goodie...now every "elite" jerk will pour out of the woodwork like sickly cockaroaches.

That's my main concern, even above the balancing nightmare and endless whines. The kind of people arenas attract
  • FunkyBudda
    FunkyBudda
    ✭✭✭

don't forget class/skill balance, you think the nerf threads are crazy now, wait til Arena is in place. Zenimax wouldn't know what to do.
  • Relyk04
    Relyk04
    ✭✭✭
    @‌ Zxaxz lol are you dense or something? Why does OWPVP die in these games? .... Because the player made a choice!!! Rather, the masses made a choice! If OWPVP dies as a result of Arenas, then OWPVP wasn't great enough to sustain itself or the player wouldn't have opted out of it to begin with!

Go somewhere else where you like the idea of ppl making your own decisions for you.

• Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @‌ Zxaxz lol are you dense or something? Why does OWPVP die in these games? .... Because the player made a choice!!! Rather, the masses made a choice! If OWPVP dies as a result of Arenas, then OWPVP wasn't great enough to sustain itself or the player wouldn't have opted out of it to begin with!

Go somewhere else where you like the idea of ppl making your own decisions for you.

The massive irony of that last comment deserves to be pointed out...
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »
    I don't like the reasoning behind this.

there is a whole province if Cyrodiil for pvp. Pvp should be focused there. They should work on improving Cryodiil pvo instead of adding this, which to be frank, I see this arena pvp as a useless feature.

they need to focus on fix other parts of the game that need fixed, not adding this. Jmo.

On the one hand I agree with Cyrodil being the focus of pvp, on the other hand I think skirmish small scale pvp maps are a great way for people to be able to test their builds. It might also shake things up in terms of class imbalances, and get things repaired that need it badly repaired or improved. I think beyond achievements though and a little blowing off of steam fun I hope that this doesn't take over pvp. I'm also fine with it as a method to test out ability builds and crunch numbers so we actually know for sure what certain abilities are doing. Massive battles make it hard to properly calculate some of these things.

From a lore perspective, Arenas make a lot of sense. Like I said, as long as Arena pvp serves no actual purpose other than fun/numbercrunching/playtesting etc I'm fine with it.
    Edited by dodgehopper_ESO on June 11, 2014 7:11PM
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because Cyrodiil needs players and lots of them. It's why everyone's talking already about condensing the number of campaigns to just a few.

If all the campaigns were full then ya, I'd agree it probably wouldn't make a big difference. Unfortunately that is just not the case right now. With the amount of time and energy that went into creating Cyrodiil it would be a shame to see anything cripple it.
  • sagitter
    sagitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I m not so happy if it is true ,because arena pvp will be the slow death for cyrodiil rvr and pvp. It happened in every rvr f2p mmorpg adding pvp map later.
    Edited by sagitter on June 11, 2014 7:40PM
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sagitter wrote: »
    I m not so happy if it is true ,because arena pvp will be the slow death for cyrodiil rvr and pvp. It happened in every rvr f2p mmorpg adding pvp map later.

And it may be the same here - it's like the passive aggressive boy/girlfriend... constantly trying to change their partner and then hating the end result and dumping them...

"We NEED an auction house, we NEED arenas, we NEED armour dye... waah ESO is just a clone we're leaving to play something else!"
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • Thor
    Thor
    ✭✭✭
    This is so bad idea it can be implemented pretty soon :(
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We actually have a knowledgebase article about this. Quoting it below:
    Will the PvP we saw at E3 be added to the game?

We set this up specific for shows, such as E3, so we can get small groups working together for a quick PvP-style match.

While it’s a small taste of what our massive PvP is like in the live game, we thought it would be a fun way for folks to fight with / against each other with the limited amount of time they have at shows like this.

This mode isn't in the live game, as it’s something we specifically setup for small, quick matches. However, ESO is a living, ever-evolving game, and if we see lots of requests for smaller style PvP combat, it could be something we add in a later update.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post