The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

FPS Bug still not Fixed: Edited After Patch 1.2.5

• Mitharus
    Mitharus
    ✭✭✭
    No Softwarearchitect in his right mind would code an entity controller that syncs framerate to packets. you would just always get 2 FPS as movement updates probably arnt much more frequent anyway. PLUS Client controlled animations of static Objects are happening at the games framerate and not at the rate of packets per second

You are correct. But seriously, can you say some of the stuff you've seen happen is sane? ;)

And I wasn't saying that FPS is sync'd to the packets, my normal FPS is around 55-60, but a possibly delayed sync (or re-transmitted data; whatever) causes the client to drop FPS while it re-syncs to what the server says; i.e. the loading of the data has higher priority than the actual display. They're probably "testing" where the network latency is stupid low compared to real world ISP data transfers.

You get into a situation where this is happening often, like larger AvAvA battles (many people, keep assaults, etc...), and it could easily cause the client to be redrawing the screen at a crawl if the update thread has an overly ambitious priority set on it.

-M
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not better at all, I would say things are worse. Not only do I get the same slow FPS as before this Monday supposed fix I also get several new bugs.
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭
    No difference for me. I never go following big groups, but if i gget close to one FPS drop so bad that i have to relog -.-
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played for a few hours today, everything went smooth until I went to BRK. 14 fps... *** sake Zenimax.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm. Seems mostly the same as before the supposed fix.

(I guess I should have thrown in a few "omg i cancel sub" and "omg fix game" and "omg bad coders" to look like a real pro, but I think ZOS is just as unhappy with this as I am.)
    Edited by Lava_Croft on July 1, 2014 3:28PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey there everyone. We're aware that the FPS issue did not get fixed after yesterday's patch and, in some cases, actually made it worse. Our team has identified what's causing this, and we are working on a hotfix now. We hope to roll this out for everyone soon, and will let you all know as soon as we do.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there everyone. We're aware that the FPS issue did not get fixed after yesterday's patch and, in some cases, actually made it worse. Our team has identified what's causing this, and we are working on a hotfix now. We hope to roll this out for everyone soon, and will let you all know as soon as we do.

OMG a HOTFIX?! And a real response on an issue that matters! Is this real life?
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please stop being a total jerk against someone who is just trying to help out. Acting like a jerk is in no way beneficial to either ESO, these forums or yourself.

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this just fantasy...
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Please stop being a total jerk against someone who is just trying to help out. Acting like a jerk is in no way beneficial to either ESO, these forums or yourself.

Respect is earned, not given. This is a step in the right direction. The community loves interaction, and needs these updates. We need to know that they are actually doing their job, because to be honest.. I'm not entirely convinced that they are.

I've said this multiple times before, if I were the Community Mangers for ESO I would be beyond pissed at the devs for making me service a game with so many issues.

I do understand where you're coming from though, and you're right it's not fair that Gina, and Jessica receive so much abuse. They are however our only way of communicating with the developers and I believe that it is important for them to understand the frustration of not only myself, but the community and time and time again it seems to fall on deaf ears.

They had a broken game, I bought a broken game.
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭

Respect is earned, not given. This is a step in the right direction. The community loves interaction, and needs these updates. We need to know that they are actually doing their job, because to be honest.. I'm not entirely convinced that they are.

I've said this multiple times before, if I were the Community Mangers for ESO I would be beyond pissed at the devs for making me service a game with so many issues.

I do understand where you're coming from though, and you're right it's not fair that Gina, and Jessica receive so much abuse. They are however our only way of communicating with the developers and I believe that it is important for them to understand the frustration of not only myself, but the community and time and time again it seems to fall on deaf ears.

Respect is lost, not earned.

I could not care less about your respect, but I hope you respect me as I respect you because I dont need you to earn my respect (nor you should need to earn it).

Whatever they have done to lose their customers respect or not, well thats up to each one.
  • Daragon
    Daragon
    Thanks for the update Gina.
    Have to admit before I saw this I was just about ready to pack it in. Love the game and PvP is a very large part of it, especially once you've hit v12. Playing up until a few minutes ago there was a small scale battle on Celarus campaign (which is a very low pop campaign) and FPS was shockingly bad - about 10 AD vs about 6 DC at Warden.
    Even when away from the keep at one of the resources I was getting 5-6fps (normally 50-60). There wasn't a huge amount of aoe going off but the lag and skill lag was atrocious.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The patch did seem to fix the persistency of the FPS drop, but large fights still go down into sub 10 FPS area.. but at least in my case, it does recover if you leave the area.
    Let's hope the hot fix restores the pre-1.2.3 performance, because frankly, the FPS performance in Cyrodiil before was kind of awesome (not speaking about the server lagging issues, but the client gfx performance).
  • Juraigr
    Juraigr
    ✭✭✭✭

This here, for some reason game developers don't like to talk to people who buy there games we have to sit in the dark waiting days for a simple *** response it's ridiculous
    Edited by Juraigr on July 1, 2014 4:11PM
    EU Worst DK , Best DK Singapore and NA also known as 'Special Snowflake'

Jurra - V14 Dragonknight Rank 38 August Palatine
    Jurra Hex - V14 Sorcerer Rank 25 Colonel [SEMI-RETIRED until Zos fix this BS sorc nonsense]

LA DK Still OP :P

One of the Three Light Armor DK's

#200StandardOfMightFFS
    #RevertAshCloud
    #RevertNewAnimations
    #RevertUltiGain

#FixMoltenWhip

Grinding my way to August Palatine finally made it, still holding a torch for eso so now imma filthy casual
  • Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

Is this just fantasy...

caught in a landslide...

Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
    Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
    Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
    The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
    OTG
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Komma wrote: »

Is this just fantasy...

caught in a landslide...

No escape from reality.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    Archaon wrote: »
    Whatever they have done to lose their customers respect or not, well thats up to each one.

So you're saying it's up to me? Thanks, I appreciate your confidence in me.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Is this just fantasy...

caught in a landslide...

No escape from reality.

o/~ Open your eyes, Look up to the skies and seeeeeeeeee! o/~
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Morticielle
    Morticielle
    ✭✭✭
    I fear that FailiMax will destroy the servers with the next hotfix ... :\
    Lady Morticielle d'Aragòn |VR12| Sorcerer | PvP Rank 21 (Major Grade I) | EU-Megaserver | AD

Subscription cancelled due to the following facts:

- Zenimax implements more bugs from patch to patch
    - Zenimax does not care about the increasing instability of the game. People have more and more crashes Fix of memory bug decreased number of crashes considerably
    - Zenimax has still not fully fixed the fps drops they (!) implemented with patch1.2.3
    - Zenimax does nothing to fix the massive ability lags in PvP
    - Zenimax gives more attention to unnecassary 'content' like dyes for armors than fixing issues
    - In patchnotes Zenimax lies about bugs allegedly fixed
    - Zenimax has no plan as to how balance population in Cyrodiil campaigns
    - Support is ineffective and does not even speak in a way one can linguistically understand

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fear that FailiMax will destroy the servers with the next hotfix ... :\

If they keep using hammers, yes.
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭

Is this just fantasy...

caught in a landslide...

No escape from reality.

I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy,
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Nobody else but yourself is responsible for your own behaviour.
  • Rana1014
    Rana1014
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the response Gina and thanks to the engineering team for looking into this. :D Could you tell us what was causing these FPS drops?
  • Infraction
    Infraction
    ✭✭✭

Will this hotfix possibly be this week or will it be on the normal patch day of Monday?

Just curious on timetable of the hotfix.
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah..? Did I state otherwise? I'm well aware of my behavior and 100% agree with everything I've ever said on here. Now, enough with the off topic conversation.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah..? Did I state otherwise? I'm well aware of my behavior and 100% agree with everything I've ever said on here. Now, enough with the off topic conversation.
    Stop acting like a jerk to people who don't deserve it.
  • makkon
    makkon
    ✭✭✭
    after last patch even worst
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Infraction wrote: »
    Will this hotfix possibly be this week or will it be on the normal patch day of Monday?

Just curious on timetable of the hotfix.
    Past experience learns that when they call it a 'hotfix', it will be applied as soon as possible. Hence the name 'hotfix'.

• Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this just fantasy...

caught in a landslide...

No escape from reality.

because i'm easy come, easy go, little high, little low
    Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
    Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
    Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
    The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
    OTG
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this just fantasy...

caught in a landslide...

No escape from reality.

because i'm easy come, easy go, little high, little low

Any way the wind blows doesnt really matter to me, to me