The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

THERE IS NO WAY 2 PEOPLE (vamps) SHOULD BE ABLE TO WIPE OUT AN ENTIRE ZERG

Inzababa
Inzababa
✭✭✭
sorry for caps but this makes me mad, it's happening evvv errrr yyy day
Resistance is FUtilez
Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value.

Resistance is FUtilez
  • RunAway
    RunAway
    ✭✭✭
    Ah. So that's how I die in PVP before I can even get a spell off.
  • Savinder
    Savinder
    ✭✭✭
    Silver Bolts?
    Var var var
  • Chomag
    Chomag
    ✭✭✭
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Savinder wrote: »
    Silver Bolts?
    I agree, if they were vampires, why didn't you guys use Silver Bolts against them?

• Kangas
    Kangas
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously there is missing data here but... Vampire or not...

What if that player or players are VR10 and you are low level and missing tons of skills and morphs?

What if one is the Emperor and his cadre of pocket healers? (You don't get to be Emperor without some help)

It should be an awesome feat to take down an Emperor or a VR10.
  • Luxucs
    Luxucs
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually kind of cool for a whole zerg to be taken down by two vamps...
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kangas wrote: »
    Obviously there is missing data here but... Vampire or not...

What if that player or players are VR10 and you are low level and missing tons of skills and morphs?

What if one is the Emperor and his cadre of pocket healers? (You don't get to be Emperor without some help)

It should be an awesome feat to take down an Emperor or a VR10.

Yeap , being a vampire is ONE skill line. That is all there is to it.

What gear were they using? What was their lvl? What was their build?

What is your lvl OP? What is your build?

What the "zerg" actually did? What was the zerg lvl?

There are tons of factors , dont just toss around "2 vampires owned us".
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nobody knows how to use fire ballistas or anything?
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group
  • Inzababa
    Inzababa
    ✭✭✭
    its the hp leech skill which isn't capped so in the middle of a zerg they are invinsible, after that they dissapear
    Resistance is FUtilez
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value.

Resistance is FUtilez
  • Doowie
    Doowie
    ✭✭✭
    Learn to PvP!

If you can't kill 2 people with a "zerg" of players, then unfortunately you guys are terrible and should get back to leveling and getting to understand how your class plays and how to defeat a Vampire with ease.
    Edited by Doowie on April 17, 2014 3:22PM
    [Name]: Doowie Doucheolas
    [Level]: Veteran Rank 5 / [PvP Rank]: Veteran
    [Class]: NightBlade / [Race]: Woodelf
    [Server]: EU Megaserver / [Faction]: Ebonheart Pact
    [Skills]: Medium Armour / Bow / Dual Wield / Werewolf / Clothing

"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to deal with vampires in PvP:

1) Magelight
    2) Silver Bolts
    3) Something to cook over the smoking ashes.
  • Darzil
    Darzil
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of early DAoC warfare, before people discovered that standing in one place in the open makes you very vulnerable to AOE attacks. The simplest answer of course being don't stand in one place in the open.
  • psufan5
    psufan5
    ✭✭✭✭

1) Magelight
    2) Silver Bolts

You act like the vampire is doing nothing to counter you lol. A good nightblade vampire would probably kill you before you had a chance to fire the silverbolts :p

Then again, so would a normal nightblade. Its when you catch them offguard that they die instantly :p

Surgical Incision
    Former Emperor
    USPS4
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are many builds in pvp that can take out 5,10,15 players. Last night a beastly destro fire mage killed like 7 people by himself.

I got his number though because im keen to pvp play. he basically cc's you then snares you in his ultimate and blasts you and friend with aoe. People in zone chat were mentioning that he was hacking....
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• psufan5
    psufan5
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its like no one heard of mage light lol

Surgical Incision
    Former Emperor
    USPS4
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP = Griefers period, its the way they luv to play, its their whole, game. Yes it ruins the game for others, but its the way they enjoy the game. They don't play the PVE side, they will use any and all exploits they find, that is PVP. No one will ever change that.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    psufan5 wrote: »

1) Magelight
    2) Silver Bolts

You act like the vampire is doing nothing to counter you lol. A good nightblade vampire would probably kill you before you had a chance to fire the silverbolts :p

Then again, so would a normal nightblade. Its when you catch them offguard that they die instantly :p

You're right, I was unclear.

Step 1) Turn on Magelight. Do this anyway. Do this because it scares vampires, for they are a cowardly and superstitious lot. Also Batman. Magelight scares the crap out of Batman. Do NOT turn Magelight off. This is the only thing between you and invisible death by stealth.
    Step 2) Silver Bolts, truly a Christmas carol for the ages. Like Magelight, it scares the crap out of Vampires. Though, not Batman. Vampires like to try to hide on the ground, clutching their heads hoping you stop singing. But, no one likes hearing it all the time, so mix it up with other popular tunes, like Aedric Javelin or Deathstroke. Then play it again if the Vampire thinks about leaving, or surviving, or moving.

Humor aside, Magelight strips stealth from anyone in the immediate vicinity. Even a zerg should have a few of these going at any given moment to expose any nightblade dumb enough to tangle with thirty or forty players at once.
  • sinz_xb16_ESO
    sinz_xb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Being vampires probably had nothing to do with them wiping you guys. Vampires get nothing except a few broken passives and a drain skill that barely works in PvP.

The only good ability right now is the ultimate, but only a group of noobs would let two vamps synching their ultimates wipe them.
    "We will make sure that no matter where you live, every player in North America, Europe, Oceania, and many places beyond will have a polished, lag-free launch experience" - Matt Firor

Proud second-rate customer (PC-EU)
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    crowfl56 wrote: »
    PVP = Griefers period, its the way they luv to play, its their whole, game. Yes it ruins the game for others, but its the way they enjoy the game. They don't play the PVE side, they will use any and all exploits they find, that is PVP. No one will ever change that.

It's okay to be scared. --People who pve are just perfect angels, eh? ;) Please do yourself a favor, and stop talking.

back on thread, yeah i learned my lesson to not go in and attack that vr10 who's pushing forward and cant be killed, as i believe this one was a former empress, and she used me to wipe the blood off her forehead and tossed me aside like nothin.

Lesson learned. How else do you learn how to pvp? Best way to understand it is to just keep doing it.
    Edited by Reignskream on April 17, 2014 4:44PM
  • Hrithmus
    Hrithmus
    ✭✭✭
    Some people make PvP life or death. Like it's a real war. My god
  • Inzababa
    Inzababa
    ✭✭✭
    sigh, so many clueless people, nevermind..
    Resistance is FUtilez

Resistance is FUtilez
  • South_of_Heaven
    South_of_Heaven
    ✭✭✭

PVP is the work of the devil I tell you! Evil criminal scum of society gathered to torture one another and enjoy making others' lives miserable! Yea! You never see PvPers in PVE - they stay away from it because they cannot satisfy their sadistic desires there. It's really sad, what can you say.

Edited by South_of_Heaven on April 17, 2014 5:03PM
  • Lonegun
    Lonegun
    Shame they did'nt frap it and stick it on youtube I would have liked to have seen that it must have been like a MatriX moment lol.
  • Garrett_hardy_ESO
    Omg they used an ultimate and a bunch of noobs sat there like ***. Use a fire spell on them. Problem solved. In a zerg and not one person has magelight (already mentioned above) Vamps are SUPER weak in PVP and you in here complaining about them just bring shame and humility upon you.
  • robacooperb16_ESO
    robacooperb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously?

I LOVE seeing vamps attacking us since they are glass cannons - I'm pretty much an all fire build with silver bolts and they go down so quickly.
    The only negative experience in ESO is those that make it negative.
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭

PVP is the work of the devil I tell you! Evil criminal scum of society gathered to torture one another and enjoy making others' lives miserable! Yea! You never see PvPers in PVE - they stay away from it because they cannot satisfy their sadistic desires there. It's really sad, what can you say.

You knew this was going to happen... so here it is.
    thewaterboy082.jpg
  • Inzababa
    Inzababa
    ✭✭✭
    there, found a video, though it mentions emperorship this isn't only for emperors :smile:
    http://youtu.be/Uq2-Zl1PETM

I see this happen every day and with 2 or 3 time the numbers of people in that video.
    Resistance is FUtilez

Resistance is FUtilez
  • ElSlayer
    ElSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    So... basically, it seems like we have common l2p problem here?
    @d0e1ow: There is no singular thing within a game's little ecosystem that will convince you that you hate the game, hate your life, and hate everyone around you faster than the game's official forums will.

@TaffyIX: Life is too short to get upset by a video game.
  • ZakyUchiha
    ZakyUchiha
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just going to post the top comment from the vid, since you guys do not understand what's happening and it is pretty accurate.

You lot who are saying that Emperors are supposed to be strong dont really get what is going on here
    What you see in this video is the guy playing the current empress exploiting unintended mechanic that only works if a player meets certain requirements:
    1) being a stage 4 vampire (60% spell cost reduction affecting ultimate ability!)
    2) having a morphed vampiric self-healing ultimate ability
    3) being a sorc or a dragon knight ( ultimate cost reduction passives)
    4) having a specific armor set that also reduce ultimate cost
    5) having a mist form
    6) being an emperor

Now what is happening actually?
    In short, if a player meets these requirements he can have ultimate ability cost reduced to around 40. What does it mean? It means he can spam extremely strong self healing ability INDEFINITELY doing huge amount of damage
    What;s worse. He can turn into a mist form that has 75% damage reduction AND receive ultimate self healing from the bat swarm which is not supposed to happen based on how the mist form works. A vampire in a mist form CANT get healing. BUT they missed that it doesn't affect ultimate ability bat swarm.
    The thing is. The more people around the empress the more invulnerable she is.

Edited: ultimate ability cost
    Edited by ZakyUchiha on April 25, 2014 7:38PM
    Name: Zaky Warbringer
    Level: Veteran Rank 12
    Class: Templar
    Race: Imperial
    Faction: Ebonheart Pact
    Server: EU Megaserver