The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

WARNING: Daedric style Heavy Armor Looks...

• ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oricalcum Heavy Armour (hidden Helmet) Khajiit Style level 26 White (Normal).

Looks great in my view, and better than Daedric.

rnry_zpsb7091098.png
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Faolanhart
    Faolanhart
    ✭✭✭
    It's very difficult to like this when Skyrim pretty much made the perfect look for it. Hell even Oblivion's looks better than this.
    It's just very underwhelming for something that is supposed to look demonic.
    I love the armor in this game, Wood Elf, Khajiit, Argonian & High Elf are favorites of mine but it is perplexing when the rarer motifs don't look nearly as cool as most of the veteran stage race armor.
  • rtx
    rtx
    ✭✭✭
    As I said before - es gustibus non est disputandum, IMO it's the best daedric armour in the series and also I think, that everything looks better than oblivion daedric armour. You think different and I understand your statement, but I don't understand your butthurt.
  • Cheatingdeath23
    Cheatingdeath23
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I love the Daedric look you have in the first post.

I can see why you might prefer the larger horns of Skyrim/Oblivion, but that might be related to the issue of skins being used in ESO. I don't remember the details, but previously the armor was unique and the size varied between each piece. To make it easy to fit onto every character in ESO, they made it more universal, which prevents it from being the big armor of the past.

Could be wrong, but that is my thought. I'd gladly pay 30-40K for Daedric.
  • vencibushy
    vencibushy
    ✭✭
    Guys you should not expect armors to look like the ones in Skyrim. There is a perfectly good reason for this.

Armors in Skyrim are fully 3D rendered over the character's body. In TESO this is not the case. 80% of the armor is purely textured over the skin of the character. Only few elements are actually 3D rendered above the character.

The reason for this is that in Cyrodiil the engine will become slow as f*ck. Even on high-end PC's.

That is why almost every heavy armor in TESO looks absolutely ridiculous!

I've got to agree that Daedric armors look like crap. It's a joke.
  • ascention7ub17_ESO
    ascention7ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I agree, it doesn't look "heavy enough", but its still better than some of the other armors. Still though, who the **** decided that cobalt blue and grey were acceptable colors for daedric armors needs to have their lore checked. Jus sayin yo.
  • Ysbal
    Ysbal
    Hm, not our current perception of "Daedric" but I am reminded of the armor worn by Dremora in Battlespire. Colors are a bit off, needs to be mostly green (or was is blue? might have been both) with red highlights. Ah, memories...

Found a picture: http://images.uesp.net/3/38/BS-creature-Dremora.jpg
    Edited by Ysbal on April 29, 2014 11:50PM
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone post a picture of daedric light and medium armors too?
    PC EU
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maotti_Nor wrote: »
    Can someone post a picture of daedric light and medium armors too?

Here: http://eso-fashion.com/clothing-by-style/#Light-7
    I like the light armor, to be honest.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • nalimoleb14_ESO
    nalimoleb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The good news is that armor dyes and tinting will be one of the future updates...
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree it looks like ***.
  • twnakita
    twnakita
    ✭✭✭
    Well ***. I was planning on saving up for the Daedric motif, but I'm glad I saw this. It looks pansy. Definitely doesn't strike fear into my heart. :P
    Katessa
    Ebonheart Pact
    NA Server
  • badg3rband1tb14_ESO
    badg3rband1tb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I would agree with some here that it just doesn't capture the true essence of what daedric armor is supposed to MEAN. Daedric armor is worn by Dremoras mainly so that it can serve to create a terrifying visage that will demoralize their foes. There is the added benefit of it being the most powerful type of armor in some games as well, of course. This armor is supposed to be forged in the fires of Oblivion, and stained with wretched black blood wrung out of a daedra's heart. When I look at the daedric armor I've seen so far in this game...it looks like it was forged in someone's basement with pieces of plastic and shined with turtle wax. That doesn't scare me, if anything it makes me giggle at how flimsy it looks. Now don't get me wrong here! These guys have made some amazing armor models, especially the racial armors, but come on...How did this pass for daedric? It needs to have more weight, and I personally think all daedric armor should come off the forge black and red, and can only be changed with dye. That's my two cents...Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim made me worship deadric armor and this game sort of threw it to the wayside.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow.. Glad I haven't forked any money over for a Daedric motif.

In these pics, the characters look silly rather than sinister.

For people playing EP, could you believe the model they used for Veloth's Judgement?? It looks like an everyday worn and old sledge hammer.

I really hope they make things consistent with previous titles and less laughable.
    Edited by Enkil on May 15, 2014 8:48AM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Samuruzi wrote: »
    DaedricArmorSK.png

^ THIS is how it should look. Current build looks like the Daedric equivalent of Abercrombie and Fitch. Does it come with a size 3 hoodie too?
    No that's how it looked in Skyrim, it looked different in Oblivion and Morrowind.
    Current version lloks like a cross between Morrowind and Oblivion armours, literally they took the spikes off Oblivion armour and put it on the smoot Morrowind armour.

As for the colour, someone suggested it's because the Enemy in this game is Molag Bal, and Blue/Silver seems to be his style.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Vraneon
    Vraneon
    ✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »
    it changes based on many factors just like not all argonian armor looks the same. By the time you have this you should have known that and you also should have known the best stuff has all the things you are looking for.

I don't agree with your post and it's also wrong. The basic look of an armour doesn't change and you should know that by now too! The only thing that changes by upgrading is the coloration.

And I have to agree, the heavy daedric armour does really look quite disappointing. I loved every daedric amour look from morrowind over oblivion till skyrim, but in eso it doesn't look threating or heavy at all. The shoulders look small and weak, it lacks spikes, red colouring or magma/bloodlike lines, it doesn't cover the whole body with heavy plates to protect, but has many open places at arms legs, arm pits, feet, underneath maybe normal chainmail...
    I also believe many people who played former elder scrolls games are disappointed with the armour look too. I really love a lot of armour types in eso (my favourites are imperial, khajiit and Breton), but as I first saw the heavy daedric armour I just shook my head.

Daedric heavy armour compared to almost any other racial type of heavy armour looks like medium. Other types are fully covered (!) in steel while daedric has way too many leather straps and open places. To be honest with the rather fancy colouring of daedric armour and the robot like look it reminds me of optimus prime or some other transformer.

Even the summoned Bound Armour spell of wizards look better. And I have to say the light and medium version don't look very threatening or special either, quite casual actually, but still better then the heavy one.

I REALLY hope Daedric Armour graphic will get reworked heavily!
  • drunkenmastarb16_ESO
    So actually, for all those who hope the VR10 daedric armor (light, medium and also heavy) will turn black/red or black/blue at legendary... here are the bad news: it simply won't. Every single piece will stay (nearly) the same ugly light green, as it gets when being upgraded to superioir (blue). Saw the full heavy set going thru the quality levels on a mate, upto legendary, and crafted the light set myself.

I can not express my dissappointment about that fact, i kinda wanted to keep it on fine (green), as the light armor atleast had greyish/blackish parts with some gold in between on that quality.... so besides it aint the best looking set around, nor compareable to previous daedric armor, the texture designer has failed aswell... not even talking about the laziness of said designer, giving the last 3 quality stages the same look...
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    what did you guys expect?
    "rare" motifs are just for spending gold (and making farmers filthy, game-breakingly rich), they actually suck and look even worse than racial motifs.
    They at least have 4 tiers of weapons and 4 tiers of armor.
    "Rare" styles just have 3 tiers of weapons (2nd and 3rd material have the same look) and 1 tier of armor, which is REALLY sad since their price is generally 100+ times higher.

Seriously.. I ended up saying "*** it", bought myself a black variant "Sea Viper Armor" disguise and I'm done trying to craft pretty sets - THIS is what a pyromancer looks great in - a black armor... although it ofc would be better if the metal parts were orange/red instead of teal.. but one can't have everything..
    Sea-Viper-Female-Front.png

(the only set so far I found pretty was a lvl 16 matchup of heavy khajiit steel shoulders and hands and light khajiit linen everything else, with helm hidden).
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH out of the rare motifs, I like Barbaric the best.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont know why they cant just make the purple or legendary daedric armor look like the NPCs armor..black with that iridescent red hemming.Couldnt have been that difficult.
  • Animus0724
    Animus0724
    ✭✭✭
    http://eso-fashion.com/

You are welcome
    I take pride in being an incredibly smart dumb ass, or an incredibly dumb smart ass, either way I'm awesome.

-The Art Of Warfare (T.A.W.)
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deadric looks like old people fu...procreate.

NO clue why people pay for that style...primal. barbaric and ancient elf look profoundly better!

Whether it looks like it does in single player games is immaterial, it looks awful in the mmo.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually like Daedric in this game..... :(

Hopefully I can find someone who would trade me that motif....or pray that whenever I get to VR6 areas that I actually have a chance in looting one. :/

EDIT: Funny thing, later that day I got a Daedric for 20k (traded a barbaric with that deal).
    Edited by Zershar_Vemod on May 28, 2014 5:51PM
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats why i always ignore the daedric motifs sellers,Too high price for such ugly armor.
    But yeah its rare and you can trade it for better ones
  • s2firestar
    s2firestar
    ✭✭
    Brennan wrote: »
    Is it possible that the Daedra were wearing different styled armor in the 2nd age versus the 3rd and 4th age?

Everyone knows that Daedra have no sense for fashion. Or for anything. They can just copy. Looking at this heavy armor, I'm seriously starting to think that the Mesh Artist who did this was a dremora himself... or a xivilai.
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    It's not bad...but getting a light bright with the blue. Looking less realistic...and more like WOW...let's NOT go there!
  • Morticide828
    Morticide828
    ✭✭✭
    So we're two months on in this thread, many replies stating that we're unhappy with it.

Still no comment from ZOS, and Daedric heavy looks medium at best, still.

I like the blue. I like the helm. I almost like the shoulders, and the chest is tolerable.

Open back shoes? Ever fought with bladed weapons? (LARP)? ***'s just dangerous. No armour on pants? Goodbye Femoral artery, in a blaze of glory (And sanguine).

I don't want skyrim armour, nor do I want morrowind or oblivions armour (whos shoulders are rather similar). But I want to be covered. For protection from people hitting me with weapons and spells. Like heavy armour should offer (not just as a stat on the character screen).

Lets not ruin immersion any further.
    Edited by Morticide828 on June 16, 2014 12:51PM
    Morticide Baen'ath - Dragonknight ●

● The Eight Divines ●

● NA ● AD ● DUNMER ●
  • Vazkahkatz
    Vazkahkatz
    ✭✭
    i always thought that the armor looked different because the daedra aren't from the same daedric prince, same way jyggalag's minions wore crystal armor in stead of daedric back in tes: oblivion.
    feel da powah of da katz!
  • twnakita
    twnakita
    ✭✭✭
    Vazkahkatz wrote: »
    i always thought that the armor looked different because the daedra aren't from the same daedric prince, same way jyggalag's minions wore crystal armor in stead of daedric back in tes: oblivion.

that would be a good reason as to why it's mainly blue, maybe..?
    Katessa
    Ebonheart Pact
    NA Server
  • Morticide828
    Morticide828
    ✭✭✭
    twnakita wrote: »
    Vazkahkatz wrote: »

that would be a good reason as to why it's mainly blue, maybe..?

The colour makes sense, the fact it looks like medium armour does not. Swords would still do the same amount of pain regardless of which prince's minions
    Morticide Baen'ath - Dragonknight ●

● The Eight Divines ●

● NA ● AD ● DUNMER ●