The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Wykkyd's Addons - New & Upcoming Features

Wykkyd
Wykkyd
✭✭✭✭✭
Follow me on Twitter for more up-to-date information, addon release notifications & more

Wykkyd! What have you been working on? We haven't heard from you...

Sorry, folks. I've been very busy. My day job has ramped up lately and that's contributing to my slower-than-usual-delivery. The real culprit, however, is my overhaul effort. Simply put, I'm re-writing the underlying code behind everything. Everything.

Holy c... why?

I need to standardize, stabilize and prepare my code to be more scale-able. I also need my addons to be more stand-alone, so that they can live and die independently. This gives more flexibility to you, the users, as well.

So as a result I am doing the following:
  • LibWykkydFactory - A new library that houses all of the common, supporting code from Framework packaged up nicely into an embedded library. This means the future state of my addons is such that they won't require another addon in order to function. Done but not individually published yet.
  • wykkydsToolbar - The toolbar functionality from within Framework stripped out, enhanced and made stand-alone.
  • wykkydsMacros - The macro functionality from within Framework stripped out, bug-fixed and made stand-alone.
  • wykkydsSubtitles - The subtitle functionality from within Framework.
  • wykkydsChatWindow - The chat window enhancements from within Framework, implemented more fully.
  • wykkydsEnhancedHUD - Player, Target & Group HUD enhancements.
  • wykkydsLootWatch - Loot notification and more, moved from Framework
  • mhOutfitter becomes wykkydsOutfitter (and hopefully I'll be able to fix its flaws at the same time)
  • mhQuestTools becomes wykkydsQuestTracker
  • mhGroupTools becomes wykkydsGroupTools
  • mhWarTools becomes wykkydsWarTools
  • mhFullImmersion becomes wykkydsFullImmersion and gains some features from Framework
  • mhMailReturnBot becomes wykkydsMailbox and gains some features
  • ...and more

This is obviously taking a good bit of time but it'll be worthwhile at the end. And I still haven't mentioned my super secret project yet, which depends upon all of the above being complete and me developing yet another addon to accompany a brand new website (coming soon!).

If you have other suggestions or thoughts on the above, please post below.
Edited by Wykkyd on May 5, 2014 1:27PM
  • Archaegeo
    Archaegeo
    Love your work, thanks for making these.

In the Outfitter, have I missed it or is it possible to hotkey different loadouts or do I have to hit I and select it each time?
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Archaegeo wrote: »
    Love your work, thanks for making these.

In the Outfitter, have I missed it or is it possible to hotkey different loadouts or do I have to hit I and select it each time?
    Framework macro window is your friend ;)
  • Archaegeo
    Archaegeo
    Ahh, ok, will look if we ever get back in :)
  • Daredelvis1
    Daredelvis1
    Soul Shriven
    thanks for all the hard work!
  • fyrite
    fyrite
    Hey Wykkyd, not sure where to file a bug report so I thought I'd leave a note here - I was checking out the toolbar yesterday and I was getting a looping UI error dialog if choosing to not display any form of XP on the toolbar. Easy workaround was to just choose any display format. Great add-on, thanks!
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Fyrite. I have a fix for that right now but as I was logging in to test the fix last night at around 1 AM... server went down. I always run XP Earned % so I didn't notice the bug prior to launch and I apologize for that.

Once I get home and verify the fix (and fix 24 hour format for time) I'll have a quick update hosted on ESOUI lickity split. Thanks for your patience and happy hunting ;)
  • Darkstar4758
    Darkstar4758
    Soul Shriven
    Wykkyd, quick question ... is there any way to move the action bar around? I am having trouble with the action bar sitting right on top of the main UI HUD which covers up my Magicka and Stamina. Not too important right now at a low level, but in the future it will be.

Thanks for all your hard work by the way ... so far you are rocking the ESO AddOn community :smile:
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, actually... which brings up a point I was going to post above. Thanks for the reminder (check the OP).
  • eltheria_ESO
    eltheria_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Akatosh grant you the inspiration for many more creations :) Honestly the tool bar items are what I look forward to the most.
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wykkyd‌

I am somebody who generally prefers the 'clean, minimalist' UI look.

That being said I have to give you nothing but huge props for the amount of work and dedication you have and are putting into your addons

It is my belief that through such efforts, with time, the right balance will be struck so that addons will be beneficial to the user, and not cause disadvantage to the purists

thank you for all your hard work!

D.
    Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • WhiteQueen
    WhiteQueen
    ✭✭✭
    Wykkyd, have you encountered a bug wherein the (Bazgrim's) info bar would only show for one character? And the other characters would see nothing?
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dleatherus wrote: »
    @Wykkyd‌

I am somebody who generally prefers the 'clean, minimalist' UI look.

That being said I have to give you nothing but huge props for the amount of work and dedication you have and are putting into your addons

It is my belief that through such efforts, with time, the right balance will be struck so that addons will be beneficial to the user, and not cause disadvantage to the purists

thank you for all your hard work!

D.
    Thanks, man. I'm still going to gun for you in Cyrodiil. That's not changin'. Just sayin'. :open_mouth:
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WhiteQueen wrote: »
    Wykkyd, have you encountered a bug wherein the (Bazgrim's) info bar would only show for one character? And the other characters would see nothing?
    Nope. That would be rather... amazing? I run it on all of my toons.
  • Kyuku
    Kyuku
    hummm good job.....ty
  • Hexos
    Hexos
    ✭✭✭
    @Wykkyd could you add the ability to hide all the different UI elements individually?

I find myself wanting to Hide/move the default target pane thats right below the compass. For this reason i am not running any mods like FTC because i dont want duplicate info on my screen.
  • WhiteQueen
    WhiteQueen
    ✭✭✭
    Wykkyd wrote: »
    WhiteQueen wrote: »
    Nope. That would be rather... amazing? I run it on all of my toons.

Ugh. Must be just me then. it's weird, I know. I should just re-install it. I still remember my settings anyway. Thanks for the reply Wykkyd.
  • Vlos
    Vlos
    @Wykkyd,
    Any chance you can have your Research timers be cross characters/account based?

That is if I am researching Blacksmithing on one toon and Woodworking on another toon, regardless of which toon I am playing I can see when the timer ends or has expired for each toon?

Thanks
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlos wrote: »
    @Wykkyd,

That is if I am researching Blacksmithing on one toon and Woodworking on another toon, regardless of which toon I am playing I can see when the timer ends or has expired for each toon?

Thanks
    It's possible. I'll keep that in consideration.
  • claudekennilol
    claudekennilol
    ✭✭✭
    @Wykkyd,

Thanks
    I just wanna second this (thought I don't care about cross account--just for characters on a single account).
  • Saera
    Saera
    ✭✭✭
    Love Love LOOOOVE your addons Wykkyd, Thank you!!!!!
  • Taeko
    Taeko
    Can't wait for the tool bar feature!
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome stuff, it's nice to have an add-on suite that manages to substitute many other small add-ons.
  • Vlos
    Vlos
    @Wykkyd,

Thanks
    I just wanna second this (thought I don't care about cross account--just for characters on a single account).
    Yeah, I have multiple accounts, though even having it be a single account would be great improvement. Finding so often that I have to log-off/in just to check, usually I am close, but too often good 20mins or so I have to wait around (or relog).

• Mera_Luna
    Mera_Luna
    Suggestion Not sure if the API will allow this but would it be possible to assign icons to the various macros? So that for examnple I could create a small .jpg of a Sword and shield and assign it to the macro in the macro window for my sword and shield gear macro?
  • Kragen_Ironfist
    Hi Wykkyd I have to say, that reading the list of features you have it looks pretty awesome.

I have one question though, (haven't played with your add-on yet) do you have or can you create a minimap?
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zrMiniMap is hosted on ESOUI, developed by Zerorez.
  • Mazdek
    Mazdek
    ✭✭
    Would it be possible to add an "In Combat" status indicator on a toolbar or a standalone icon somewhere on screen? Unless I'm missing something, I can never tell when the game considers me still in combat due to a mob I ran by and ignored or slight splash damage from a siege engine or something, and I get all frustrated that my weapon and skill switching macros say they're firing but nothing gets switched.
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added it to the list ;)
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix published for some Toolbar annoyances in Wykkyd's Framework.
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Any plans to condense your various add-ons into a single one?