The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Elite gear hit with the massive nerf hammer in 1.6 nobody does trials anymore: pics

f047ys3v3n
f047ys3v3n
✭✭✭✭✭
My apologies for the length of this diatribe. It is my last and I'm going out with a bang. Feel free to just look at the pictures of the new gear and draw your own conclusions.

As many have figured the scaling of numbers is basically 10x. I say basically because in order to accommodate the effect champion points some entire categories of items, such as weapons, or gear enchants, have been reduced 30% off of that 10x scaling and so basically scale 7x. If you look at my old vs new Hundings gear and masters bow pics below you will see this. The Hundigs damage is scaling at 10x but the enchant is scaling roughly 30% less than that. The Masters damage bonus is also scaling at 10x but its base damage scales roughly 30% less than that. Sure these numbers aren't perfect but they are pretty close.

oldhundings_zps0571e176.jpg newhundings_zps0ae9c30b.jpg

oldmastersbow_zps132eaef0.jpg newmastersbow_zpsa140a9ef.jpg

Beyond this basic formula there are some further exceptions. The first is jewelry. The bottom line is that you will not be able to make your build as flexible as before by carrying extra jewelry because jewelry enchants are just not that powerful. I have included an old and new soulshine ring as an illustration of that.

oldsoulshine_zps009f482d.jpg newsoulshine_zpse5c259dc.jpg

The last exception to the scaling is sets that have been deliberately nerfed. It is obvious to most of us that the reason for this big rescaling smoke screen is to hide the effects of the champion system and gear nerfs. If we all logged in after 1.6, put in our champion points, and saw directly that all our attributes were lower and favorite gear sets were wrecked we might cry. We were supposed to not notice all of this because they multiplied things by 10x. The purpose of this post is to illustrate specifically the way endgame trials gear has been targeted and bludgened to death in the back alley by the nerf hammer I will show you is certainly being weilded by a DragonKnight and not a whimpy Sorc. Below you will see the new and old Infallible Aether sets, New and old Hunding's sets as a comparison, and also the new Vicious Ophidian set, Aether set, Ophidian set, and Aether ring. I will specifically address the Infallible situation and leave the others to you to figure out yourself as it doesn't even take a calculator to figure it out.

Infallible Aether is the Magica DPS set that drops in Sanctum Ophidia. On average it will take you somewhere around 25 items of Sanctum gear to acquire this set. The head, shoulders, arms, and chest drop from boss and the waist, legs, and feet come from coffers or weeklies. I have been told that this set can also be obtained from PVP top 2% rewards but don't pvp myself. The set is bind on pickup and cannot be sold. It took me two months of focused effort to acquire this set. Though not the rarest, this is the most difficult set to acquire in the game and it was undoubtedly the strongest for PVE Magica builds being worth somewhere between 100 and 150 dps. It is not as strong as Mephala's per piece but the strongest per set. Acquiring it was my all consuming passion and playing with it for the first time was my happiest in-game moment. I believe I can safely say for everyone who has ever earned this gear that it is a big deal. It, and Vicious Ophidian, which I also love, are the reasons for this post.

You will see when comparing old Infallible with the Hunding's rage also linked that the Infallible goodness starts early as it's enchant is a few percent stronger than basic Kuta enchants. From there the set goes on to have the valuable spell crit bonus. Crit was desirable for ult regen, no capps on it, damage, and procing some abilities in that order. I say this because with the 1.6 changes simply leaving this set alone would be a relative nerf since spell crit is no longer useful for the most important two reasons it was previously desired. To put it plainly, even if crit numbers on sets were unchanged in 1.6 they still would not be the candy everybody wants anymore as they don't offer that much damage or proc that many abilities. That is neither here nor there as you can see the numbers are not the same. I'm not sure what is going on with crit as the numbers appear different to different level toons so perhaps this is not being nerfed outright as crit is clearly calculated somewhat differently but given the lesser roll of crit it is probably safe to say it is. That is two nerfs to this set so far. On we go to spell and armor penetration which you can see changes from 10% to 5%, a 50% nerf. Fortunately, we can pass over the +9 spell damage buff as it scales exactly like all other spell damage sets and is the only aspect of this formally grand set to survive intact. Lastly, you will see that the kicker bonus for this set included a +83 point weapon damage buff. This was the most important buff in the set and should scale to 830 but instead scales to 581, a 40% nerf. So, point by point we have gone over all of this and I think it's pretty clear that this set is sustaining something like a 50% nerf compared to it's former self. I was not able to directly dps test this as the PTS does not have the recent sets I have acquired but it is very unlikely that this set will even be worth running relative to salable green world drop sets, healer which is also far easier to acquire and has jewelry, several pvp sets, and a few crafted ones. its has been nerfed to the point that it is not just no longer worth the mammoth effort to acquire but is also not worth using at all.

oldinfallibleaether_zps6aaff4aa.jpg newinfallibleaether_zps130d49a8.jpg

oldhundings_zps0571e176.jpg newhundings_zps0ae9c30b.jpg

Now it's not all doom and gloom. They seem to have forgotten about Vet DSA gear and Master's weapons scale correctly. As do Undaunted sets (I unfortunately don't have the good one of these (given the 1/126 drop rate for the right shoulders in the right weight it's pretty much a matter of good luck to have it as the content is not real hard and you can only do it once per toon per day.)

oldmastersbow_zps132eaef0.jpg newmastersbow_zpsa140a9ef.jpg

oldnerineths_zps8201959e.jpg newnerieneths_zps9f587cd4.jpg

So my summary is basically that no one is going to do trials for this garbage as it's not even worth using. And since 9/10 people in trials are here for the gear it is unlikely that there well be even 5% of the current attempts after the patch. Furthermore, I, and many other endgamers feel pretty offended by the way our previous work has been wrecked. It's like you stole all my toys and left me poop in their place. I'm not happy and I unsubbed for what thats worth. I'll leave you with random pics of trial gear garbage you can now look forward too.... Or not because nobody will run trials.

newVicious_zpsd18811cb.jpg newaether_zpsf1691555.jpg
newaetherring_zps1c601fee.jpg

If you guys care about this be sure to post as ZOS must feel pretty strongly about this to ruin this gear to this incredible extent.

Thanks for all the good times guildies,
47 out
I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Lol they nerfed Vicious Serpent weapon dmg from 22 to 17.....*** that
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Nacario
    Nacario
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh the main difference i see here is crit being reduced, call me a noob but i dont see the big difference. I will agree that jewelry has been taken a hit though due to reduced chant effects
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did not nerf endgame sets. They had to rebalance crit % because they changed how impen works, and a few other things regarding crit. If you notice, you are getting more than 10x the value of some stats, particularly spell power. The sets are not nerfed at all. They simply rebalanced the value of crit %. They also rebalanced what piece of the pie of your overall character is contributed to from sets, and from enchants, etc. Enchants will not be 10x the amount, this is because of rebalancing. There is no nerfing going on. They simply rebalanced the places you get different stats from.

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to understand this. Please think more deeply and stop with these complaints! Nobody is nerfed.
    Edited by sabresandiego_ESO on February 3, 2015 7:05AM
    Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • Circuitous
    Circuitous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some sets got flat 10x modifiers, some didn't, and your first thought is "ZOS hates us" and not "This is probably a bug"?
    Thank Stendarr it’s Fredas.
    Elanirne: Altmer Templar Healer, DC
    Auria Dolabella: Imperial Nightblade Tank, DC
  • charmyna
    charmyna
    Soul Shriven
    I really hope this is just an oversight.
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a limited amount of response since I'm not allowed to criticize things....but....every single mob and boss in this game got buffed health and damage....and that gear didn't just take crit nerfs....the armor and damage values aren't x 10 on everything. Meaning that when you combine that nerfed gear with the loss of stats and the fact everything is harder to kill you need to get cp points to make up the difference. CP that alot of us don't have content to complete to get and PvP and dungeons aren't giving enough exp to be worth it....So grinding is the only option. Well they nerfed the exp mobs give in 1.6. So it takes 4 to 5 hours of grinding to get 1 cp. You need about 200 to get back into pre 1.6 shape.

So to recap...armor nerf + stat nerf + long cp grind = a unnecessary burden on the community and the higher levels folks in particular
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, trial gear is still the most powerful gear in the game, but nobody does trials anymore because in some old patch the trial gear was more powerful.

Makes sense.
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think this is any kind of blanket nerf. And to be honest, I think you're theorycrafting a bit too much into these changes without considering all numbers.

You have to remember that they didn't raise all stats by a fixed factor of 10 either.

Let's take attributes as a direct example. Some other threads already did the math and the result has been something like this:
    • Health is upscaled by a factor of about 8. This means before you might have gotten 125 health from something. Post-patch this should be 1,000 (rather than 1,250).
    • Stamina and Magicka both scale by a factor of about 11 or 12, which means you'll see something that might seem like costs of abilities increased as well, e.g. something used to cost 200 Magicka, which will now appear as 2,200 Magicka (rather than 2,000 Magicka).

The before/after of that Hunding's set item is some nice example for this:

oldhundings_zps0571e176.jpgnewhundings_zps0ae9c30b.jpg

Look at the 3 items bonus. It's approximately factor 10. That's fine. Same for the 5 items bonus.

The armor factor isn't factor 10, but that's acceptable as well, since they already said they'd rebalance the armor values of light and medium armor.

The enchantment took a hit, I agree, but I guess this has to happen considering the fact that soft caps are gone. So it's now easier to stack attributes, add champion bonuses as well (which they said you'd need for min/maxing), and I don't think you're looking at some significant difference assuming you dedicate into this stat.

Both critical hit chances reduced is fine as well (at least in this case), since you now have a higher base hit chance, too.

oldsoulshine_zps009f482d.jpgnewsoulshine_zpse5c259dc.jpg

Here's another example: They can't just push the weapon/spell damage buffs by factor 10 since soft caps are gone. Again, I don't see any nerf there.

---

However, I have to agree, that the 1 % critical bonuses on some of the sets feel odd, and considering lower tier sets have better bonuses, this most likely means there's something off with them. Just /bug them and see what/if they change.
    Edited by Smaxx on February 3, 2015 7:54AM
  • Vahn
    Vahn
    The problem here is that they've nerfed the crit chance on the sets without any compensation on it to make up for it, which makes the set overall weaker. As both Vicious and Infallible have 2 lots of Crit on them this makes a major difference.

The problem is that due to the changes on crit, having the base crit and the champion system crit, having the current numbers would be insane. However if they want to keep Vicious and Infallible as being good sets they need to change the crit bonuses on them to something else. With these changes they are bringing in any set which has a crit chance bonus is going to be weaker than a set without it.

Why would anyone go get 1% or 2% crit chance when they could go with a set that gives you heaps of outright spell or weapon damage instead?
    Edited by Vahn on February 3, 2015 8:13AM
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    You can get crit from CP now which. If sets still would give 4 or 8% crit my weapon crit would be around 140% in 1.6. I know it makes no sense to go that high but just saying. Now You can have base spell/wepcrit of 12% or smth like that from CP system which you could not before.
    Edited by Alcast on February 3, 2015 8:29AM

• pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for posting this. Fully agree, it is ridiculous. If I have to replace my hard earned ultra-rng Sanctum loot which I have spent months collecting with proper traits with some crafted *** I am out.

Hundigs 29.0 wp dmg -> 299
    Vicious 22.0 wp dmg -> 171

It's clear they have listened to the solo crowd and "crafted gear should be the best in the game".

Zenimax, save a list of all the players on your Trial leaderboards now.. because there's a good chance you won't see half of them ever again.
  • sbt002_ESO
    sbt002_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Agreed with Vahn and 47. If Zenimax is honestly trying to tell their customers that they are not nerfing everyone, then they have just made the most obvious since launch. 47 and I spent 2 MONTHS getting that freaking gear to even compare DPS with some people, and 2 weeks after we get it, Zenimax comes out with PTS and tells us that our hard work and determination to beta test their game is for naught once again. They could at least change the specks of the gear to make it the best of the best for those people who fought long and hard during the stresses and bugs of Sanctum, because anyone who has ever done Sanctum knows how many freaking problems are in that place.

Along with everything else, the populous of ESO need to realize one thing that go along with these awful gear decisions: WE ARE GETTING NERFED. EACH AND EVERYONE ONE OF US. The Champion system was designed to make us work for months and months after an entire 9 months of beta testing to screw us by becoming very much underpowered than what we are currently. Perhaps if anyone manages to actually stay long enough to see what happens when all Champion points are acquired, we may see if we actually end up more powerful than we are currently (goodness how long will that even take us....). I probably won't be able to stand being screwed for that long unfortunately, so sorry Zenimax. I tried beta testing your game for as long as I could.

Zenimax, people like 47 and I have been a part of the game since the beginning. We bled through every painful glitch and bug that you managed to drag after beta, and we got pretty good at this game. We were probably your most loyal customers 2 weeks ago after achieving Sanctum enough times to get our favorite gear. If this is how you are going to treat your better end-game players, then you do not deserve our money or time, possibly ANYONE'S time.

It was good running with you too 47, and maybe they'll listen to us one day.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    So, trial gear is still the most powerful gear in the game, but nobody does trials anymore because in some old patch the trial gear was more powerful.

Makes sense.

Check the numbers. Spell/Weapon critical are now the least effective set bonus to increase DPS.
    177 spell/weapon damage > 933 magicka/stamina > 2℅ crit.
    The light and medium trial sets both have two separate crit bonuses, which makes them bad choices for DPS/Healer setups now.
    Wololo.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can't see this is a nerf, then you are just a blind apologist for ZoS. It is clear as day they reduced the critical chance AND DID NOT REPLACE / COMPENSATE it. The +10% base does not compensate it because that is available to everyone who has not completed SO dozens of times. The nerf on jewelry and gear enchants means we lose the very flexibility and customization on our characters that was supposedly one of the big selling points. By apologizing for ZoS saying it's cool that all the power the gear is supposed to provide players is going to the Champion system and thus is available, you are missing the OP's Point: there is no gear incentive to run trials and there is no reward that distinguishes someone who has completed SO than from someone who quests in Bruma.
  • Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smaxx wrote: »
    I don't think this is any kind of blanket nerf. And to be honest, I think you're theorycrafting a bit too much into these changes without considering all numbers.

You have to remember that they didn't raise all stats by a fixed factor of 10 either.

Let's take attributes as a direct example. Some other threads already did the math and the result has been something like this:
    • Health is upscaled by a factor of about 8. This means before you might have gotten 125 health from something. Post-patch this should be 1,000 (rather than 1,250).
    • Stamina and Magicka both scale by a factor of about 11 or 12, which means you'll see something that might seem like costs of abilities increased as well, e.g. something used to cost 200 Magicka, which will now appear as 2,200 Magicka (rather than 2,000 Magicka).

The before/after of that Hunding's set item is some nice example for this:

oldhundings_zps0571e176.jpgnewhundings_zps0ae9c30b.jpg

Look at the 3 items bonus. It's approximately factor 10. That's fine. Same for the 5 items bonus.

The armor factor isn't factor 10, but that's acceptable as well, since they already said they'd rebalance the armor values of light and medium armor.

The enchantment took a hit, I agree, but I guess this has to happen considering the fact that soft caps are gone. So it's now easier to stack attributes, add champion bonuses as well (which they said you'd need for min/maxing), and I don't think you're looking at some significant difference assuming you dedicate into this stat.

Both critical hit chances reduced is fine as well (at least in this case), since you now have a higher base hit chance, too.

oldsoulshine_zps009f482d.jpgnewsoulshine_zpse5c259dc.jpg

Here's another example: They can't just push the weapon/spell damage buffs by factor 10 since soft caps are gone. Again, I don't see any nerf there.

---

However, I have to agree, that the 1 % critical bonuses on some of the sets feel odd, and considering lower tier sets have better bonuses, this most likely means there's something off with them. Just /bug them and see what/if they change.

spell damage bonus is 20X insted of 10X on Soulshine items, so...
  • kkampaseb17_ESO
    kkampaseb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Wait wait wait. Ok people are correct that in the end it is a nerf. However, this is supposed to be a resource game and it was already getting out of control. Several builds could already be spamming abilities etc without the thought of managing anything. Now imagine that with the addition of Regen CP passives on top of already existing resource regeneration.

You could argue that they could choose to make different passives for CPs. Ok. Fair point...but still regeneration is something that should be revisited imo. And no it is not good to be able to 1 vs 10 in Cyrodiil even though I am an offender of this...and even though this game shows very well player-skill discrepancy. The main offender for such phenomena is not only noobness of the enemies...but insane resource management.

It is an ever changing game since it is an MMO. The only responsible for the direction it should take or how it should feel, it is the developers. If the game ends up differently than they have envisioned it, they should change it. If people disagree with the mechanics of the game or its meta...they could also choose to play/spend their money on something else.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less drama, more objectivity.

Gear crit chance got nerfed across the board, making trials gear less useful. Complain about that instead of some imaginary grand ZOS conspiracy.
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    Less drama, more objectivity.

Gear crit chance got nerfed across the board, making trials gear less useful. Complain about that instead of some imaginary grand ZOS conspiracy.

and making trials gear less useful helps who? Which part of the community does that help ?!?!?!?!?
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I despair of some people, I really do.

GEAR IS A MEANS TO AN END NOT AN END ITSELF!

It doesn't matter a jot how stats are changed, it only matters what the EFFECT is. Endless posting of screenshots of 'nerfed' gear proves nothing, I see precious little evidence put forward to support 'nerf' screamers implied assertion that characters' VIABILITY has been nerfed.

@Valencer, per se crit. chance being lowered isn't a problem, AT ALL, it's the EFFECT of that, care to provide any proof based on your actually playing the game that this is as bad as you're making out?
    Edited by KerinKor on February 3, 2015 9:59AM
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Untitled12345_zps0bifeltk.png

so i really needed to do a detailed breakdown of the stats since i guess people where to lazy to go look themselves and keep calling me a liar. When i took these multipliers on the live server i had all pvp bonuses with no food active...and i had food active on the pts...i didnt realise that at the time. that being condisered...the nerfs to health and stam are actually worse if you take into account i had the food active on the pts. thegear is the same on both servers. so here are the numbers :
    Health 7.10
    Magic 8.27
    Stam 9.34
    Spell damage 12.9
    Spell resist 7.51
    Magic regen 7.44
    Health regen 8.3
    Stam regen 8.24
    Weapon dmg 9.66
    Armor 7.33
    crit for both took nerfs even though the values are not showing correctly.
    i perceive all these stats as being nerfed except the spell damage which went up. Also i should tell you i had no points in any of the cp areas just to try and get the most clean comparison. I encourage you guys to discuss these numbers.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joejudas wrote: »

so i really needed to do a detailed breakdown of the stats since i guess people where to lazy to go look themselves and keep calling me a liar. When i took these multipliers on the live server i had all pvp bonuses with no food active...and i had food active on the pts...i didnt realise that at the time. that being condisered...the nerfs to health and stam are actually worse if you take into account i had the food active on the pts. thegear is the same on both servers. so here are the numbers :
    Health 7.10
    Magic 8.27
    Stam 9.34
    Spell damage 12.9
    Spell resist 7.51
    Magic regen 7.44
    Health regen 8.3
    Stam regen 8.24
    Weapon dmg 9.66
    Armor 7.33
    i perceive all these stats as being nerfed except the spell damage which went up. Also i should tell you i had no points in any of the cp areas just to try and get the most clean comparison. I encourage you guys to discuss these numbers.

If you can still complete all the content in the game, it does not matter what the numbers are.

If there is content that can no longer be completed by anyone, no matter how good they are or how hard they try, then you will have a case.
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you there. and in my testing it's really all over the place. Trials are possible we got through it...SO probably isn't. Mob in all areas of the world do crazy weird damage. So I would say that personally I can not complete most of the content I can now....and grinding cp to get back to regular power seems like a stinker.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you there. and in my testing it's really all over the place. Trials are possible we got through it...SO probably isn't. Mob in all areas of the world do crazy weird damage. So I would say that personally I can not complete most of the content I can now....and grinding cp to get back to regular power seems like a stinker.

Then you should send feedback about that, as it was ZOS stated intent that the content should be equally challenging with the new stats+70CP as it was with the old stats. If that is not the case, they can still adjust, either though gear changes or through encounter difficulty. Its still only PTS, after all.

Personally, i do not feel any less powerful - with just a stock template NB i have been able to solo pretty much anything in craglorn lower/upper overland areas including killing some bosses. But then i am not a trials person so i cannot comment on that.
    Edited by Sharee on February 3, 2015 11:24AM
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    I will kee wearing Vicious serpent set bc with that set you NEVER run out of stamina lol. Although the weap dmg was nerfed.

7AzPRrp.png

The nerfed one gives 2x 2% crit and 170 weap dmg(17)
    Edited by Alcast on February 3, 2015 11:42AM

• pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

If you can still complete all the content in the game, it does not matter what the numbers are.

If there is content that can no longer be completed by anyone, no matter how good they are or how hard they try, then you will have a case.
    KerinKor wrote: »
    I despair of some people, I really do.

GEAR IS A MEANS TO AN END NOT AN END ITSELF!

It doesn't matter a jot how stats are changed, it only matters what the EFFECT is. Endless posting of screenshots of 'nerfed' gear proves nothing, I see precious little evidence put forward to support 'nerf' screamers implied assertion that characters' VIABILITY has been nerfed.

@Valencer, per se crit. chance being lowered isn't a problem, AT ALL, it's the EFFECT of that, care to provide any proof based on your actually playing the game that this is as bad as you're making out?

Not really, I take it you people don't do Trials very much and/or haven't done SO, so let me explain.

Sanctum Ophidia was released a few months ago as a trial that was advertised to be so much harder than the other Trials, which it is, it's really tough and took weeks of learning strategies, finding the best gear, skills, group composition and training of every member to do their thing and not mess up. Weeks, or even, months were put in by many guilds in order to find a way to get through this.

And when you work your way through it the first few times you get to the last boss it takes 2 hours or so just to get there with as many souls as you can to try and beat it.. plus when you finally do, you will get 1 (+weekly coffer) piece of gear of the three sets that drop, with an RNG trait.

You will then have to do this over and over again, perfecting your strategies and getting through better and faster every time and continue to get these very RNG rewards. Even doing it as many as 4-5 times a week it took me at least a month and a half to collect a decent traited 5-set of the Light and Medium.

Now, I've geared up my characters with the loot from this epic piece of content, which was some of the absolutely best sets in the game. Something I obviously have put a lot of effort into.

And what does ZOS do? They reduce it all to garbage. There's no way I can possibly use Vicious Ophidian over Hundig's Rage now, they nerfed the SO weapon damage stat and buffed the crafted one. So if I want to be competetive again, I will have to get rid of my Trials gear to go get crafted gear instead?

They can *** with our stats however much they want, but if they completely negate everything I've done in the game over the past 2-3 months.. they might as well delete the gear from my inventory because that's pretty much the same thing.

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Health 7.10
    Magic 8.27
    Stam 9.34
    Spell damage 12.9
    Spell resist 7.51
    Magic regen 7.44
    Health regen 8.3
    Stam regen 8.24
    Weapon dmg 9.66
    Armor 7.33

@Joejudas‌ , it's because your a DK. (Joking...I've seen others complain) ;)

If you still have one of the Harven's addons enabled (such as Softcap Info), that's what's throwing off the Crit % on your character screen. For some reason it doesn't allow it to display properly.

There is no good comparison available. They changed far too many things at once to know what kind of effect the end results it.

I will agree, overall, that the gear reductions seem extreme. Maybe it does pan out, and yes the numbers are bigger, but reducing something from 4% to 1% is huge.

Cumulatively, it's even bigger.

Crafted gear should be good. Earned sets Undaunted, DSA, and on a whole other level, Trials gear should be bad ass.

No amount of champion points can change that it hit that hard. You finish those things, you've earned the right to wear them.

Changing them to be mediocre elite, kinda defeats the purpose.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm hoping it all pans out ok. I have seen multipliers all over the place with other people's stats. I keep hearing that an add on is being made that uninflates the numbers. Getting over the gear nerf is tough for me.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting over the gear nerf is tough for me.
    You seem fixated on the numbers, you never once have addressed the real issue .. is your character less able to go through content it can on live or not. I've yet to see you talk about that, instead you seem to be on an endless rant against numbers!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Getting over the gear nerf is tough for me.
    You seem fixated on the numbers, you never once have addressed the real issue .. is your character less able to go through content it can on live or not. I've yet to see you talk about that, instead you seem to be on an endless rant against numbers!

HOW DARE THOSE NUMBERS!!!

Okay, but seriously. I have noticed a decrease in effectiveness on my main. Enemies hit a lot harder. That said, I'm not noticing a corresponding drop in my damage output. I'm hitting about as hard as before, they're just returning the favor harder. I think that has more to do with the acknowledged nerfs to light and medium armor.

Werewolf, in particular, feels a lot beefier on PTS than live, and it's actually got better survivability for my character. I'm also thinking I'll need to switch back to Allessia's Bullwark after this hits, just to make up the reduced armor. But, again, that was a deliberate change, not a stealth nerf.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this crying. If you don't like the game stop playing, I simply don't understand why you waste so much time and effort coming to a forum and making posts about things that you have been empirically proven don't matter to the developers.

Things change, deal with it or move on.

Further more, how can you expect me to take you seriously when you compare playing a video game to how much 'work' you have put into it.

This is entertainment, if you look at this as work then you need to find something you find fun, cause why would you ever PLAY A GAME and think of it as an obligation?
    Edited by yodased on February 3, 2015 1:16PM
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.