The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ZoS will vampires and werewolves be addressed in the justice system? (SAGE'S RESPONSE ON PAGE 4)

• WvS_Pendragon
    WvS_Pendragon
    ✭✭✭
    if i get all correct... their is a way for vampires to hide... just eat before going to town^^, shouldn't be so hard.
    I play Vampire with my main also, and i cant remember, that i have problem, to keep the Vampirlevel down, if i needed to^^
    PS4 ~ Verkaufe PA in großen Mengen (Herstellung auf Anfrage)
    • Im Shop - 4.500 Gold je Trank
    • Einzeltrank* - 4.200 Gold je Trank
    • ab 5er Stack* - 4.100 Gold je Trank
    • ab 10er Stack* - 4.000 Gold je Trank
    *Die Preise gelten für direkten Handel oder Vorkasse - wenn ihr die Waren per Nachnahme wünscht, muss ich leider die NN Gebühr berechnen.

PSNID - dracodeus
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if i get all correct... their is a way for vampires to hide... just eat before going to town^^, shouldn't be so hard.
    I play Vampire with my main also, and i cant remember, that i have problem, to keep the Vampirlevel down, if i needed to^^

But because the initial stage timers are so short and a nearby source of suitable "snacks" is often not nearby it can be very difficult to keep your vampire OUT of Stage 4, even while questing, let alone while being in a town where "feeding spots" are usually completely non-existent.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not answered. Mr. Sage?

• Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still don't understand, why are Stage 4 Vampires (the ones that don't feed on the living) more of a threat than Stage 1 Vampires (the evil blood drinking ones).

Can someone explain?
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still don't understand, why are Stage 4 Vampires (the ones that don't feed on the living) more of a threat than Stage 1 Vampires (the evil blood drinking ones).

Can someone explain?

Honestly, I believe it is because Stage 4 is meant to represent a starving vampire that may suddenly flip out and attack at random. Also, it's the most VISIBLE stage of vampirism so there's no way anyone does NOT know you are a vampire at Stage 4. Since vampires are, in TES, almost universally hated and feared, having one walking around that everyone KNOWS is a vampire and ISN'T attacked just doesn't make sense.

• LadyAngel
    LadyAngel
    My question is: Will Vampires still be able to feed on the NPC enemies we normally fight in the game?
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LadyAngel wrote: »
    My question is: Will Vampires still be able to feed on the NPC enemies we normally fight in the game?

I would certainly hope so! Changing that would make no sense though. They are enemies, not matter who we are. we're SUPPOSED to be killing them! LOL
    Edited by MornaBaine on November 24, 2014 2:09PM

• LadyAngel
    LadyAngel
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    LadyAngel wrote: »

I would certainly hope so! Changing that would make no sense though. They are enemies, not matter who we are. we're SUPPOSED to be killing them! LOL

I agree with your answer, but things change so much. I figured I would ask. lol
  • Reymas
    Reymas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I support the following consequences:
    • Turned Werewolves and Vampires at stage 4 are attacked by NPC guards on sight (after a back-off warning a la Skyrim).
    • Turned Werewolves and Vampires at stage 4 are fled from by NPC civilians on sight (including quest-givers and merchants).
    • Vampires and WWs do not incur bounty that player guards can collect, unless they attack a guard or feed in public.

Only if the following change is implemented:
    • Vampires and WWs can feed from anyone they attack or kill, not just enemies.
    • Vampires and WWs do not need to check in with the criminal cabals to kill or feed from civilians. This also means they have nowhere to hide, however.
    • Vampire transition from stage 1 to stage 4 takes at least 12 hours and the countdown pauses when logged off.
    Edited by Reymas on November 24, 2014 3:07PM
    Honor, Duty and Piety for Morrowind
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can someone explain?

Honestly, I believe it is because Stage 4 is meant to represent a starving vampire that may suddenly flip out and attack at random. Also, it's the most VISIBLE stage of vampirism so there's no way anyone does NOT know you are a vampire at Stage 4. Since vampires are, in TES, almost universally hated and feared, having one walking around that everyone KNOWS is a vampire and ISN'T attacked just doesn't make sense.

Yet the DC story line has Vampires lending a helping hand! One of which is a close friend to the King....

Maybe us vampires that abstain from drinking blood from the inoccent could wear a red ribbon.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reymas wrote: »
    I support the following consequences:
    • Turned Werewolves and Vampires at stage 4 are attacked by NPC guards on sight (after a back-off warning a la Skyrim).
    • Turned Werewolves and Vampires at stage 4 are fled from by NPC civilians on sight (including quest-givers and merchants).
    • Vampires and WWs do not incur bounty that player guards can collect, unless they attack a guard or feed in public.

Only if the following change is implemented:
    • Vampires and WWs can feed from anyone they attack or kill, not just enemies.
    • Vampires and WWs do not need to check in with the criminal cabals to kill or feed from civilians. This also means they have nowhere to hide, however.
    • Vampire transition from stage 1 to stage 4 takes at least 12 hours and the countdown pauses when logged off.

Again it comes back to the Stage timers. The ONLY people who like them are PvPers who deliberately just leave their vamps in Stage 4.

• Reymas
    Reymas
    ✭✭✭✭

Again it comes back to the Stage timers. The ONLY people who like them are PvPers who deliberately just leave their vamps in Stage 4.

Aha! Good point, maybe add a potion that can force you into the next stage or take you all the way to stage four?
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's another issue I hope will be addressed in the next Road Ahead. I really hope there's finally some clarification on Sage's comment that NPCs "won't like" Stage 4 vampires and transformed werewolves and what that is going to mean in terms of gameplay.

• eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exciting :) I totally want the PvP in PvE with the justice system, will add so much into the game..!
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has been a lot of speculation and suggestions as to what SHOULD happen to vampires (generally according to stages) in cities and towns and werewolves (who pop their Ult and are in werewolf form in cities and towns). Many folks in these various threads seem to feel there SHOULD be SOME sort of consequence involving the justice system for these characters. So, WILL THERE BE any sort of inclusion of vampire/werewolf specific consequences in the justice system? Will there be any NPCs who even RECOGNIZE that they are vampires or werewolves and react to them in ANY way? And will it be possible to feed, as a vampire, on NPC citizens with the possibility of NOT being forced to kill them? ANY light you can shed on this rather hotly debated subject would be appreciated. Thank you.

I'd love to see vampires slaughtered without mercy as in Skyrim please.
    I do believe in the summit notes on the foundry they mentioned the user will have the ability to opt-out of the justice system when in towns to prevent things from happening accidentally. With that, I can see them implementing consequences for vampirism and lycanthropy since, if you didn't want that to happen, you'd be able to opt-out.

If you can opt out , then i agree this would be a good idea for those that want it. More options is usually good.

But if you cant opt out , then i remain against this idea. Being forced into PvP because you are vamp would be quite annoying.

You opt out by not being a vampire.
    Edited by kelly.medleyb14_ESO on December 1, 2014 6:04AM
  • Reymas
    Reymas
    ✭✭✭✭

You opt out by not being a vampire.

This.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, being a vampire means you automatically consent to be flagged for PvP anywhere? I don't think so.

• kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, being a vampire means you automatically consent to be flagged for PvP anywhere? I don't think so.

I do think so.
  • Breg_Magol
    Breg_Magol
    ✭✭✭✭

I do think so.

I personally HATE Bosmer.
    I think they're smarmy non-human smelly creatures ... and I'll agree to deal with automatic PvP targeting on Vampires if I can snuff out Bosmer's (vile moss licking creatures they are).

Don't get me started on Sorc's!

And DK's (?) .. they're just big stupid faerie bozo's with peepee envy running around with their pants on fire.
    Edited by Breg_Magol on December 7, 2014 6:02AM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Belated update: So yes, they have said in the last Livestream that vampires in Stage 4 and transformed werewolves will be considered as having committed crimes and the guards will go after them. But I'll be curious to see how this actually plays out. Will you be able to simply pay a low level bounty and walk away? Or will your monstrous state be treated as if you were the very worst criminal with a bounty so high that the guards won't even let you buy your way out of the situation and will simply seek to kill you on sight? Personally, I prefer the latter option as it just makes more sense.