Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

ZoS will vampires and werewolves be addressed in the justice system? (SAGE'S RESPONSE ON PAGE 4)

• Two-Dogs
    Two-Dogs
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I only clicked this thread because of the answered tag.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, there is still no answer. No one KNOWS and ZoS has yet to respond. :(
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you to whatever kind soul returned this thread to a Question and removed the erroneous Answered marking. Much appreciated!

Options
  • accursed1
    accursed1
    My opinion, I don't want to be banned from using the bank, or risk getting killed by players looking to collect on my "vampire bounty" when i'm just trying to make a deposit in the bank. I sit at stage 4 for the regens, and will not be getting it cured just to use the bank. If you are going to implement vamps being killed on site, at least make a city for the undead, so we have some place to carry out our business.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    accursed1 wrote: »
    My opinion, I don't want to be banned from using the bank, or risk getting killed by players looking to collect on my "vampire bounty" when i'm just trying to make a deposit in the bank. I sit at stage 4 for the regens, and will not be getting it cured just to use the bank. If you are going to implement vamps being killed on site, at least make a city for the undead, so we have some place to carry out our business.

So... you're one of the people we talk about who like all the perks of being a vampire but want there to be no downsides? I'm not adverse to there being a shady community of (probably vampires themselves) traders and bankers located in a crypt or off in the woods somewhere inconvenient and with probably only 1 location per zone. I don't think it was ever part of the plan that players would just leave their vampires at Stage 4 indefinitely. There clearly need to be some incentives to feed.

Options
  • Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    psh who cares about the justice system and werewolves. The whole werewolf system is Terrible. That in itself needs to be fixed before anyone is going to run around as one. Also, the team responsible for their terrible creation should be forced to ... idk eat yogurt until they puke. :o haha.
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
    Options
  • meg1972
    meg1972
    ✭✭✭
    Vampires and Werewolves could use one of the thousand coverings to visit the cities, if the justice system will make it impossible for them to go there as vampire or werewolves.

I would prefer, if this characters would be automatically in the dark brotherhood. If they go in the cities and nobody cares, that would be lame.

I have n idea how they want to make a justice system, when you are forced to search all the houses for cultural styles, recipes and other important things.
    Options
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do believe in the summit notes on the foundry they mentioned the user will have the ability to opt-out of the justice system when in towns to prevent things from happening accidentally. With that, I can see them implementing consequences for vampirism and lycanthropy since, if you didn't want that to happen, you'd be able to opt-out.

If you can opt out , then i agree this would be a good idea for those that want it. More options is usually good.

But if you cant opt out , then i remain against this idea. Being forced into PvP because you are vamp would be quite annoying.

Just like being forced into PvP because you are a thief? If you don't want to PvP, don't steal. Also, don't become a stage 4 vamp or transform into WW. Totally "opt out".

Achievements Suck
    Options
  • Ragefist
    Ragefist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha, well played Sir. You get my "orsum"
    Options
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

So... you're one of the people we talk about who like all the perks of being a vampire but want there to be no downsides? I'm not adverse to there being a shady community of (probably vampires themselves) traders and bankers located in a crypt or off in the woods somewhere inconvenient and with probably only 1 location per zone. I don't think it was ever part of the plan that players would just leave their vampires at Stage 4 indefinitely. There clearly need to be some incentives to feed.

I was a vampire for a time in morrowind.

I got cured because of the hassle. House Telvani and the Telvani merchants were still quite happy to do business with me, at night, in full blown vampire mode.

I think this is what kind of thing to which he referred. Have one or a few small areas still open is not the same thing as no consequences. Please avoid the straw man.
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
    Options
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭

I was a vampire for a time in morrowind.

I got cured because of the hassle. House Telvani and the Telvani merchants were still quite happy to do business with me, at night, in full blown vampire mode.

I think this is what kind of thing to which he referred. Have one or a few small areas still open is not the same thing as no consequences. Please avoid the straw man.
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Way back when, ZoS commented that Vampires would have some powers that would turn the town guard hostile. This was during beta. Obviously, nothing like that popped up in the main release, but it makes me think, yes, vampires and werewolves will factor into the justice system when it hits.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Way back when, ZoS commented that Vampires would have some powers that would turn the town guard hostile. This was during beta. Obviously, nothing like that popped up in the main release, but it makes me think, yes, vampires and werewolves will factor into the justice system when it hits.

I very much hope you are right.

Options
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GnatB wrote: »
    I do believe in the summit notes on the foundry they mentioned the user will have the ability to opt-out of the justice system when in towns to prevent things from happening accidentally. With that, I can see them implementing consequences for vampirism and lycanthropy since, if you didn't want that to happen, you'd be able to opt-out.

If you can opt out , then i agree this would be a good idea for those that want it. More options is usually good.

But if you cant opt out , then i remain against this idea. Being forced into PvP because you are vamp would be quite annoying.

Just like being forced into PvP because you are a thief? If you don't want to PvP, don't steal. Also, don't become a stage 4 vamp or transform into WW. Totally "opt out".

By that logic i can go back to , if you dont want to PvP then dont play the game.

Problem solved , no PvP in this case for sure.

People want to be vampires and WW , that doesnt mean they want to PvP , that simple. Tons of these players are PvE players not interested into something like PvP.

So yes , i hope that talk about a check box where you can select to take part or not in the justice system is right , otherwise to me atleast is better to leave both vampires and WW outside this.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By that logic i can go back to , if you dont want to PvP then dont play the game.

Problem solved , no PvP in this case for sure.

People want to be vampires and WW , that doesnt mean they want to PvP , that simple. Tons of these players are PvE players not interested into something like PvP.

So yes , i hope that talk about a check box where you can select to take part or not in the justice system is right , otherwise to me atleast is better to leave both vampires and WW outside this.

Enforcers opt in by wearing a costume piece. Probably just a Talbard, but they've said it would be distinctive.

Criminals opt in by breaking the law.

With werewolves, wolfing out in town is probably illegal.

With vampires, feeding on random NPCs is probably illegal, as is murder and all the other stuff we do to townsfolk on a regular basis in the single player games.

That said, you can go along just fine without breaking the law. Roleplay in your environment, don't nick everything that isn't nailed down or randomly go on homicidal rampages, and you should be fine.
    Options
  • Leijona
    Leijona
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As they haven't mentioned anything about that at the Guild Summit, I wouldn't expect it to be part of the justice system yet.
    But they also said, that the justice system could be enhanced, so maybe one day we might see something like that.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for an answer...

Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So who else is actually curious as to whether or not vamps and WW will be officially recognized as part of the justice system?

Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, NO ONE from ZoS is going to touch answering this question? This does not bode well for the justice system.

Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So who else is actually curious as to whether or not vamps and WW will be officially recognized as part of the justice system?

At a guess, they won't automatically be considered a criminal, because then the game would essentially be forcing you to cure your Vampirism/Lycanthropy, which would be penalising players for well playing a particular style.

But if they steal from or attack a non-hostile NPC then they are a criminal the same as anyone else.

Actually thinking about this a couple of quests have bits were you fight an otherwise non-hostile NPC. And more often than not the game requires you to put the first blow in. Which under the justice system would make you a criminal.

Oooops.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not answered.... and yes, I'm going to keep bumping it. Help me let ZoS know we would really like an answer to this!

Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still not answered.... and yes, I'm going to keep renewing it. Help me let ZoS know we would really like an answer to this!

Be careful about that, you can get a ban for a blatant bump.

If you actually make a comment and don't say that word, they generally don't act on it, but avoid certain terms.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Schmit
    Schmit
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    I would like to know this also, as most of my characters are vampires. I WANT there to be consequences!
    Somebody likes to be punnished :open_mouth:
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Incorrect!

If you don't want to PvP.....don't get caught.....

See wut I did thar?
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • Trespasser
    Trespasser
    ✭✭
    I would like an answer also, but if we haven't heard one yet, chances are we won't until release of patch/notes
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trespasser wrote: »
    I would like an answer also, but if we haven't heard one yet, chances are we won't until release of patch/notes

I find that incredibly annoying. They're all too happy to talk about a lot of things. It's when they refuse to address a subject at all that I get worried.

Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting ZoS. Why no answer?

Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There has been a lot of speculation and suggestions as to what SHOULD happen to vampires (generally according to stages) in cities and towns and werewolves (who pop their Ult and are in werewolf form in cities and towns). Many folks in these various threads seem to feel there SHOULD be SOME sort of consequence involving the justice system for these characters. So, WILL THERE BE any sort of inclusion of vampire/werewolf specific consequences in the justice system? Will there be any NPCs who even RECOGNIZE that they are vampires or werewolves and react to them in ANY way? And will it be possible to feed, as a vampire, on NPC citizens with the possibility of NOT being forced to kill them? ANY light you can shed on this rather hotly debated subject would be appreciated. Thank you.
    I would love for there to be consequences to vampirism. It's annoying when I am playing the main story and nobody seems to acknowledge that I'm a vampire or I get stupid dialog choices like "vampires are evil!". It's really very poorly thought out and completely breaks immersion. If they do make it so that there are consequences here is what I feel should be changed.
    1. Increase the duration of the stages. 30 minutes isn't enough time especially with all of the time sinks in this game.
    2. Make more NPC's available for feeding. I have to go out searching for hostile NPC's in the world and you can only feed if you sneak up on them. This is a lot more difficult when you don't have invisibility.
    3. Increase the benefits of stage 4. Reduced cost of vampire abilities is meh compared to the increase to fire damage, and really there are no other benefits. Maybe if stage 4 offered increased speed or stealth radius or something worthwhile.
    :trollin:
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has been a lot of speculation and suggestions as to what SHOULD happen to vampires (generally according to stages) in cities and towns and werewolves (who pop their Ult and are in werewolf form in cities and towns). Many folks in these various threads seem to feel there SHOULD be SOME sort of consequence involving the justice system for these characters. So, WILL THERE BE any sort of inclusion of vampire/werewolf specific consequences in the justice system? Will there be any NPCs who even RECOGNIZE that they are vampires or werewolves and react to them in ANY way? And will it be possible to feed, as a vampire, on NPC citizens with the possibility of NOT being forced to kill them? ANY light you can shed on this rather hotly debated subject would be appreciated. Thank you.
    I would love for there to be consequences to vampirism. It's annoying when I am playing the main story and nobody seems to acknowledge that I'm a vampire or I get stupid dialog choices like "vampires are evil!". It's really very poorly thought out and completely breaks immersion. If they do make it so that there are consequences here is what I feel should be changed.
    1. Increase the duration of the stages. 30 minutes isn't enough time especially with all of the time sinks in this game.
    2. Make more NPC's available for feeding. I have to go out searching for hostile NPC's in the world and you can only feed if you sneak up on them. This is a lot more difficult when you don't have invisibility.
    3. Increase the benefits of stage 4. Reduced cost of vampire abilities is meh compared to the increase to fire damage, and really there are no other benefits. Maybe if stage 4 offered increased speed or stealth radius or something worthwhile.

#2 ESPECIALLY! My Vampire Sorceress goes hunting with my husband's Vampire Nightblade all the time and it's just ridiculous how EASY it is for NB Vamps to feed compared to everybody else.

Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, still no response. Why is that ZoS?

Options