The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZoS will vampires and werewolves be addressed in the justice system? (SAGE'S RESPONSE ON PAGE 4)

• phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if there's an issue with the feeding mechanic. Right now it agros the one being fed upon and everyone nearby. To do this right, there needs to be a non agro-ing feed or a charm spell. Either one may pose balance issues.

They may also want to avoid the poo flinging that comes with any mention of vampires on this board especially if anything their going to do is positive for us.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if there's an issue with the feeding mechanic. Right now it agros the one being fed upon and everyone nearby. To do this right, there needs to be a non agro-ing feed or a charm spell. Either one may pose balance issues.

They may also want to avoid the poo flinging that comes with any mention of vampires on this board especially if anything their going to do is positive for us.

And they need to get right the heck over that!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS please fix this and make it a QUESTION again. It was never answered and it WAS originally posed as a question.

Options
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    I would like something to deter a buncha ugly vamps from sitting casually in town, but I don't want it to be too unfair. What if bounty slowly crept up the longer they stood by certain NPCs? Werewolves would take a bigger hit for transforming, but it's not something they could do repeatedly.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KenjiJU wrote: »
    I would like something to deter a buncha ugly vamps from sitting casually in town, but I don't want it to be too unfair. What if bounty slowly crept up the longer they stood by certain NPCs? Werewolves would take a bigger hit for transforming, but it's not something they could do repeatedly.

There are a LOT of ways they could mitigate the ridiculous feeding schedule and its potential side effects. They could simply make Stage 1 last 2 hours. That's probably the easiest but most boring change. They could give Alchemy a new "blood potion" that replaces feeding. Or a shady NPC vamp could sell such potions, possibly only available in Bangkorai. They could give us an illusion spell in spellcrafting that allows vampires to look like normal people until they hit Stage 4, whereupon the illusion breaks and one is faced with the consequences of Stage 4, whatever those may end up being. They could give us a passive not available til at least Vamp level 6 that allows us to extend Stage 1 to 2 hours. There are just a ton of non-lore breaking things they could do that would make this work and work well. Thus far though, they just appear to be either too lazy or too stubborn to do them. At the least it certainly puts the lie to the "We really DO care about our roleplayers" line I've heard from them on multiple occasions.

Options
  • UndeadBlood
    UndeadBlood
    ✭✭✭
    I would love it, if people would react to me being a vampire. Like they do in Skyrim. Vendors or normal NPCs telling you, that you look kind of sick or something like that. The justice system ideas here are also very cool. It's immersion what made me love this game, and ideas like this would make it even better! =)
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SubSeco wrote: »
    I would love it, if people would react to me being a vampire. Like they do in Skyrim. Vendors or normal NPCs telling you, that you look kind of sick or something like that. The justice system ideas here are also very cool. It's immersion what made me love this game, and ideas like this would make it even better! =)

In THIS game in particular, immersion is key. They completely fell down on that when it came to the vampires and werewolves, which says to me that they very likely WERE shoehorned in at the last possible second due to payer demand. The problem is that we didn't just want an undercooked sop tossed our way. But that's what we got. ZoS needs to put some focus on fixing that. If they can't alter quests in order to recognize vamps and wolves where they logically should then AT LEAST we need townie NPC reactions, inclusion in the justice system, and specific end game content that focuses on vamps and wolves and expands them in lore-friendly ways so that they are actually fun and unique to play.

Options
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @MornaBaine‌, we're not sure how this got switched to a "Discussion" rather than a "Question," so we've switched it back for you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • MercutioElessar
    MercutioElessar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @MornaBaine‌, we're not sure how this got switched to a "Discussion" rather than a "Question," so we've switched it back for you.

Well... and what about the answer?
    Will there be an official statement?
    If I've ever offended you,
    just know that from the bottom of my heart,
    I really don't give a ***.

Options
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While your at it can you see about some feedback to the question from ZOS. I hope you folks are looking at the possibilities for inserting consequence and roleplay into Vamp/WW choices.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you so much for fixing this. It is much appreciated. Now, as others have mentioned... if there could just be an official answer to the actual question... >.>

Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't feel bad, I can't get an answer on my "When Update 5 drops..." thread either.
    /plug
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But seriously, I just finished V8 Rivenspire and I absolutely ADORED the entire zone and the questline with the Count and whatnot. And my toon's been a vampire since like Day 2 of Early Access so it was really kind of disappointing when the Vampire questgiver didn't recognize me as a vampire.

Even more so disappointing that I couldn't choose an "evil" option and take the "Relic" all for myself and attain omnipresent-cosmic-one'ness with my vampirocity.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But seriously, I just finished V8 Rivenspire and I absolutely ADORED the entire zone and the questline with the Count and whatnot. And my toon's been a vampire since like Day 2 of Early Access so it was really kind of disappointing when the Vampire questgiver didn't recognize me as a vampire.

Even more so disappointing that I couldn't choose an "evil" option and take the "Relic" all for myself and attain omnipresent-cosmic-one'ness with my vampirocity.

If they only ever re-work ONE quest... it needs to be this one. Verandis and his household SHOULD recognize their fellow vampire! It would also be nice if the Blood Matron in Cold Harbor had a clue...but I could live with it if they'd just re-work Ravenwatch! That, and I want to be invited to one of Ravenwatch's naked parties. ;)

Options
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... and what about the answer?
    Will there be an official statement?
    Too late...
    hWbFqis.gif

(I tried to find a ninja smoke pellet gif, but I kinda like this better!)
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
    Options
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Just like in the previous Tes games when possible my character is a werewolf in secret, i want to have consequences if i transform in public or if i'm spoted by a friendly common npc while transforming, and be marked for the justice system while in beast form of course, choices should have consequences, i chose to become a monster to the eyes of the people of tamriel, i should face the consequences of my choice, just like vampires at stage 4 should also be flaged for te justice system, people want all the goodies whithout any consequences q
    Have an aura that does a single fear attack on non-essential civilian NPCs in the aura. That would get some guards involved quickly, but at the same time drop your FPS further.
    Options
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When did this go back to being "answered"?

It hasn't been answered at all.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it becomes "answered" any time someone posts something to this thread. I then have to either confirm is as an answer or say it is NOT the answer. So until I do that it looks like it's answered.

Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And the response to that question....?
    :trollin:
    Options
  • AaronMB
    AaronMB
    ✭✭✭
    It's back to a "Discussion" again, too. lol. Are the devs running the forums, too?
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AaronMB wrote: »
    It's back to a "Discussion" again, too. lol. Are the devs running the forums, too?

Nope it's still showing as a question so far....but showing as answered any time someone new posts until I tell it that, nope, that post DID NOT answer my question. Yet more poor implementation I guess. SIGH

Options
  • AaronMB
    AaronMB
    ✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    AaronMB wrote: »

Nope it's still showing as a question so far....but showing as answered any time someone new posts until I tell it that, nope, that post DID NOT answer my question. Yet more poor implementation I guess. SIGH

It is...I could have sworn it read Discussion again. Huh.

Either way, 'tis a good question and should be answered.
    Options
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I came here looking for the Answer as well since it said so.. gotta love it..
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I came here looking for the Answer as well since it said so.. gotta love it..

Well maybe this is working for me... people keep looking at the thread and then complain at ZoS for STILL not answering it! LOL I suppose I should be grateful. :neutral_face:

Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

Well maybe this is working for me... people keep looking at the thread and then complain at ZoS for STILL not answering it! LOL I suppose I should be grateful. :neutral_face:

Well, there was the "back when dinosaurs roamed the earth" post I made about how in Beta Werewolves and Vampires were supposed to have ways to flip a town hostile...

But, other than that, we're probably not going to know until the Justice system hits PTS. Sorry, that's the best I've got. :\
    Options
  • Ragefist
    Ragefist
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt loose faith.

If they didnt say anything, its actually still possible the topic is being discussed. Its better than straightforward "No"
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ragefist wrote: »
    I wouldnt loose faith.

If they didnt say anything, its actually still possible the topic is being discussed. Its better than straightforward "No"

I suppose there there is that. Still... :neutral_face:

Options
  • Origin
    Origin
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the mines in Tamriel will be magically transformed to produce also silver so every player and NPC will get silver bolts.

Also the silver bolt one shot kill chance will be increased to 100% against the players vampires and werewolves. B)

Problem solved.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting ZoS.

Options
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with people who wants more responsibility for vampires or werewolves. Rivenspire... Yes, it was stupid for me... Then in Eastmarch too... No one NPC-vampire didn't recognize me as a same creature. Yes, and I want a justice system abilities for vampire. Guards must react not for 4th stage, but for feeding on innocent. Yes this will not easy to realize, but I think it will be. Some time ago, we could to view a Justice system demonstration. In that video sneaked player killed some NPCs. There are no problem to realize feeding because vampires can feed on "yellow" NPC already.

I don't know anything about werewolves.
    Edited by Alexium on October 24, 2014 11:15AM
    Options