The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Broken Achievements

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Below is a list of achievements that many of you have reported as broken, and we are actively looking into. We will keep this list up-to-date as we receive information about their status. We understand that many of these are tied to the upcoming dye system, and we want to make sure you are properly rewarded for your hard work.

Please let us know if there are any additional achievements that don’t appear to be working, and we’ll be sure to add it to our list.
  • Auridon Angler
  • Banished Cells Champion
  • Coldharbour Angler
  • Collectibles are not currently dropping, so you’re unable to get the achievement
  • Colossus Slayer
  • Craglorn Master Explorer: Caves and Dungeons are not being marked as completed
  • Cursed Hero Text
  • Daedroth Trio Hunter
  • Emperor achievement credit
  • Gar Xuu Gar's Bane
  • Glenumbra Angler
  • Giant-Friend, Skald-King's Arrow, and Skald-King's Salvation
  • Guild Reputation: Incorrect amount received
  • Guild Skill Master achievements not listed in Guild category
  • Hero of the Ebonheart Pact
  • Hero of the Aldmeri Dominion
  • Hero of the Daggerfall Covenant
  • Imperial Anchor Shatterer: Nibenay Basin dolmen does not complete
  • I Like M'aiq
  • Khenarthi's Roost Rare Fish achievement
  • Lost City Conqueror
  • Lost City Vanquisher
  • Rare Styles Master
  • Reach Motif Achievement
    • STATUS: This achievement is named incorrectly, and can be unlocked by learning the Barbaric Racial style
  • Reaper's March Pathfinder
  • Recipe Card
  • Rift Angler
  • Rude Awakening
  • Slave Lord's Ruination
  • Solo and Public Dungeons are not giving progress toward the “General” category for dungeon achievements
  • Stonefalls Adventurer & Shadowfen Adventurer: Stonefalls and Shadowfen are showing as complete, but there is no tick in the Ebonheart Pact box.
  • Stros M’kai, Khenarthi’s Roost, and Bleakrock Angler
  • Tamriel Expert Adventurer
  • Tamriel Skyshard Hunter
    • STATUS: This has been fixed with patch v1.3.3. You will be back credited for any skyshards you have collected as well.
  • Trials Achievement Text Issues
  • Wood Elf Slayer / Imperial Slayer achievement

The following achievements are not retroactively provided for actions completed prior to v1.3.3 going live, and will need to be completed again to earn the dyes:
  • Apprentice Deconstructor
  • Apprentice of Refinement
  • Conqueror achievements
  • Epic Provisioning
  • Expert Deconstructor
  • Expert of Refinement
  • Grand Templar Slayer
  • Grand Sorcerer Slayer
  • Grand Dragonknight Slayer
  • Grand Nightblade Slayer
  • Iron Chef
  • Legendary Blacksmith
  • Legendary Woodworker
  • Legendary Clothier
  • Master Deconstructor
  • Master of Refinement
  • Renowned Provisioning
  • Vanquisher achievements
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno AFAIK, we cannot complete "I Like M'aiq", as no one has been able to find him in Coldharbour. Would you please confirm whether this is still the case?

Re the others:
    1. Banished Cells Champion: Assuming this is the VR version, this worked for me as at May 20.
    2. Daedroth Trio Hunter: This was bugged for a long, long time. It worked for me July 1.
    3. Giant-Friend, et al.: This had to be fixed for me by a GM. I had these completed, but a patch some time ago reverted a ton of what I had done, and ZOS specified it was a visual/UI error. While most of my missing-but-completed achievements were fixed by subsequent patch, these 3 were not. A GM fixed them for me in-game June 17.
    4. Various Hero Titles: It would appear these were broken by recent patch, as I've been able to get all the hero titles, with the last one on June 29.
    5. Imperial Anchor Shatterer: I was able to complete this achievement July 17. Note that the Cyrodiil anchors are all still bugged; unusually weak opponents, no XP, no loot. I submitted a bug report on this at least a couple months ago when I first encountered the issue.
    6. Solo/Public Dungeon Progress Credits: This I can confirm for dungeons in the non-Craglorn, non-group dungeons. I don't receive credit for kills, heals, blocks, damage, etc.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent!

Please also sweep all accounts for line-level and/or singular achievements that show as completed but does not show in the roll-up. I know several people that have reported these. For example, I received the "Rivenspire Adventurer" achievement for completing 42 quests etc... As I did in all other DC zones. However, the roll up of this called "Hero of the Daggerfall Covenant" does NOT show the "Rivenspire Adventurer" as completed. All other things under Daggerfall show complete.

Hopefully this is just a DB reconciliation/cleanup script or something simple as I'd prefer more focus on the critical and functional game issues that we've outstanding.

Thanks

• stewie_801
    stewie_801
    ✭✭✭
    I have not been able to complete the achievement Public Dungeon Forgotten Crypts Group Challenge. Have tried for the past week, did a /bug report also.
    PC/NA Ebonheart Pact
    Invictus , Teut Spindle Your Brindle Officer
    Stewie the Destroyer Imperial Templar Former Emperor of Haderus
    Stewie's Big Ole Johnson Khajiit Nightblade
    Ser Arthur Dayne Dark Elf Dragonknight Former Emperor of Chillrend and Haderus
    Stewie's Bank Slot High Elf Sorcerer

• EmeraldEyes
    EmeraldEyes
    ✭✭
    • Collectibles are not currently dropping, so you’re unable to get the achievement

Some or all of these are working on the PTS. Will these changes stick in the public 1.3.3 update? If so are certain achievements in this set known to be broken and we can get more specifics?
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about M'aik the Liar at the Coldharbour?
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • Synex
    Synex
    ✭✭✭
    stewie_801 wrote: »
    I have not been able to complete the achievement Public Dungeon Forgotten Crypts Group Challenge. Have tried for the past week, did a /bug report also.

Same here. No achievement and no skillpoint
    Edited by Synex on July 31, 2014 3:54PM
    "In order to form an immaculate member of a flock of sheep one must, above all, be a sheep"
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Stonefalls.
    I have completed all the quests so was just scouring the lands to see if I had missed anything interesting.... and found another quest ?

Even though all my achievement markers for quests and stonefall completion say its already finished ?

lol
    Edited by Rune_Relic on August 1, 2014 10:23AM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • rainith2000nub18_ESO
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Stonefalls.
    I have completed all the quests so was just scouring the lands to see if I had missed anything interesting.... and found another quest ?

Even though all my achievement markers for quests and stonefall completion say its already finished ?

lol

I'm not sure I understand your issue. There are more quests in each area (at least that I have visited) than are needed to complete the quest achievement for that area. Also not all quests are needed to "complete" a POI on the map, so while you may complete the main quest (or series of quests) to complete a POI, there may still be a minor quest or two at that location.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn delve lower achievements, have done the whole map, and nothing shows up here
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    FYI, there is a previous thread about the skald king trio of achievements where people where directed to get GM's in game to fix this directly.

I actually did this through a support ticket, so I don't know if this is still the policy or if it was supposed to be fixed globally but wasn't.
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, I have another achievement problem that I mentioned 6 weeks ago, and so far it's been overlooked.

Problem: Khenarthi's Roost Rare Fish Achievement will NOT proc after catching a rare fish.
    Specifics: When you catch a rare fish, the fish will not appear in your inventory, and you will not get the achievement.
    Evidence: I have 3 Aldmeri Dominion characters that have each caught 1 rare fish in Khenarthi's Roost, not one single achievement was granted to any of my characters upon fishing it up, and the rare fish did not appear as well in my inventory.

This has been going on for more than 6 weeks now...at least, as far as I can tell, and this still hasn't been fixed. I understand that Cyrodiil and the Justice System is top priority right now, but if you could take a look, that would be great, thanks.

Signed,
    Arena25

Edit: If this specific problem appeared in the list, then I fumbled. Help me get it right.
    Edited by arena25 on August 1, 2014 7:40PM
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
  • EmeraldEyes
    EmeraldEyes
    ✭✭
    arena25 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, I have another achievement problem that I mentioned 6 weeks ago, and so far it's been overlooked.

Problem: Khenarthi's Roost Rare Fish Achievement will NOT proc after catching a rare fish.
    Specifics: When you catch a rare fish, the fish will not appear in your inventory, and you will not get the achievement.
    Evidence: I have 3 Aldmeri Dominion characters that have each caught 1 rare fish in Khenarthi's Roost, not one single achievement was granted to any of my characters upon fishing it up, and the rare fish did not appear as well in my inventory.

This has been going on for more than 6 weeks now...at least, as far as I can tell, and this still hasn't been fixed. I understand that Cyrodiil and the Justice System is top priority right now, but if you could take a look, that would be great, thanks.

Signed,
    Arena25

Edit: If this specific problem appeared in the list, then I fumbled. Help me get it right.

You fumbled. It's already listed :p
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Stonefalls.

lol

I'm not sure I understand your issue. There are more quests in each area (at least that I have visited) than are needed to complete the quest achievement for that area. Also not all quests are needed to "complete" a POI on the map, so while you may complete the main quest (or series of quests) to complete a POI, there may still be a minor quest or two at that location.

Oh ?!?!? I though the achievement was for completing 'all' quests. Seems strange to get one for only partially finishing a zone.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obsidian Scar Vanquisher/Conqueror is still bugged. When Update 2 hit, I lost these achievements and reported it, and they said they would looked into. I still don't have them back (I could go back and redo the dungeon, but it doesn't fix the problem of achievement getting reset on major updates). Hopefully no achievements get reset when Update 3 hits.
  • Sedrethi
    Sedrethi
    ✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/82283/lost-city-puzzle-achievement/p1

Not sure if the above is still an issue, but I don't recall seeing a fix for this in the past patch notes.

Like others in that thread I received the "Lost City Group Challenge" achievement, however I am 95% certain that I didn't receive the skill point (not that I desperately need one more at this point) associated with solving the puzzle and defeating the bosses. Most people reported it between April to June, mine being the latest on June 23rd.
    @Sedrethi PC/Mac-NA
    My User Profile on the UESP
    Officer to the official UESP (PC/Mac-NA) Guild

Champions (Forever* above the Cap):
    Celebrated:
    Ravyn Sedrethi — Dunmer♂ Nightblade (Vampire)
    Ravyn of the Coiled Path — Dunmer♂ Warden
    Ravyn the Ravenous — Dunmer♂ Necromancer (Vampire)
    Aranea Varys — Dunmer♀ Dragonknight (Vampire)
    Aranea the Fleshweaver — Dunmer♀ Necromancer (Vampire)
    Norrawen Anutwyll — Bosmer♀ Nightblade (Werewolf)
    Norrawen the Racer's Eye — Bosmer♀ Warden
    Wucheeva-Ei — Saxhleel♀ Nightblade
    Shura gro-Ushar — Orc♂ Dragonknight
    Hrist Cloud-Hewer — Skaal♀ Sorcerer (Werewolf)
    Umbarion — Altmer♂ Templar (Vampire)
    Hulaava-Jei — Saxhleel♂ Sorcerer (Vampire)
    Viatrix Auria — Colovian♀ Templar
    Heroes (Level 1-49):
    Unsung:
    Taeil-Jujak Lupinus — Rim-Men♂ Necromancer
    Geiraldur of Riverwood — Nord♂ Warden
    Ma'zin-dar — Khajiit♂ Templar
    Azani at-Zahir — Redguard♂ Dragonknight
    Padraic Seathanach — Reachman♂ Sorcerer
  • cjwilke_ESO
    cjwilke_ESO
    ✭✭
    A "fix" is being worked on for collectibles? As far as I know this has never worked in the history of the game, alpha or beta. I would love to see collectibles actually start dropping and to be able to unlock those achievements. It would add just a little something to killing the 1000's of creatures we need to as we progress thru this game besides getting like 1-4 gold and junk to sell to a vendor.
    Edited by cjwilke_ESO on August 2, 2014 3:19PM
  • MeowGinger
    MeowGinger
    ✭✭✭
    A "fix" is being worked on for collectibles? As far as I know this has never worked in the history of the game, alpha or beta. I would love to see collectibles actually start dropping and to be able to unlock those achievements. It would add just a little something to killing the 1000's of creatures we need to as we progress thru this game besides getting like 1-4 gold and junk to sell to a vendor.

They drop on the PTS (at the moment).
  • Homm
    Homm
    ✭✭✭
    Please add fixes to Obsidian Scar and Village of the Lost Conqueror/Slayer achievements, still missing.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just tested the craglorn lower delve again, after killing buried sands, some in my group got it, I still didnt......
  • neeks13
    neeks13
    Soul Shriven
    Achievements in which you had previous part progress in like Tamriel Skyshard hunter have been wiped and un-achievable as you have already gathered all skyshards. Lower Craglorn Delve is a good example if you have already completed the dungeons previous to the patch release you are unable to get progress for the achievement
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well that sucks, I want my dye :) I have completed the whole map of craglorn
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Achivement : Glenumbra Angler.
    The Foul water fishes seem to no longer appear in Bad Man's Hallow since 1.2 update. I've emptied around 20 foul spawns (using crawlers) without any progress.
    Wololo.
  • DrimacusMeleth
    What about the Emperor Achievement.
    I have been Emperor but I didn't get the Achievement (I guess it has been implemented later on?)
    Drimacus

1v1 PvP Video, subscribe if you like ;)

Black Magic, former Emperor VR 12 PvP

o:)
  • bouchardbrian3preub18_ESO
    I see Hero of the Ebonheart and Hero of the Aldermi on the list.. but my Hero of the Daggerfall Covenant is broken..... Ive submitted a couple tickets about this and didnt get an email or any response.
    Also the skyshard achievement is broken.
  • AnteCoyote
    AnteCoyote
    ✭✭✭
    What about the Emperor Achievement.
    I have been Emperor but I didn't get the Achievement (I guess it has been implemented later on?)
    I can confirm that I didn't get the emperor achievement as well, and neither have any of the other former emperors I've asked.
    Aldmeri Dominion -J'Ualizz - Siphons-Spirits - S'Renrij - Byz Only Sweeps - Winds-Roots
    Daggerfall Covenant - Lucky Lakhim
    North America
  • _subjectnamehere_
    _subjectnamehere_
    ✭✭✭
    Does M'aiq now spawn in Coldharbour?
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Provisioning Achievement for learning 10 recipes is also not retroactive & did not work with today's patch.
    Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
    Valaren Arobone - Dunmer Flamewalker - Master Woodworker, Provisioner, Assassin
    Kazahad - Khajiiti Arcane Archer - Master Thief
    V'orkten - Redguard Swordmaster
    Finnvardr the Frenzied - Werewolf Berzerker
  • EmeraldEyes
    EmeraldEyes
    ✭✭
    The Provisioning Achievement for learning 10 recipes is also not retroactive & did not work with today's patch.

This. I've learned so many recipes I won't be able to get the achievements thru finding new recipes.
  • Tallarra
    Tallarra
    seems like most if not all of the crafting achivements are not retroactive as i am missing almost all of them... all my other achivements seem to be fine and aqcuired. just the crafting ones are not..
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, everyone. We have updated the original post with some more information on the reported broken achievements, while adding others reported elsewhere on the forums.

If you do not receive credit for an achievement, be sure to report those occurrences to us using "/bug" so we can gather more information from your character in to order help fix these errors. Thanks for your patience!
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post