The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Any Way for Existing Customers to get the Whiterun Wolfhound?

Catches_the_Sun
Catches_the_Sun
✭✭✭✭✭
I noticed on Steam that, for a limited time, purchasing the Imperial Edition gets you the Whiterun Wolfhound pet. Will there be a way for existing customers to get this?
Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
Valaren Arobone - Dunmer Flamewalker - Master Woodworker, Provisioner, Assassin
Kazahad - Khajiiti Arcane Archer - Master Thief
V'orkten - Redguard Swordmaster
Finnvardr the Frenzied - Werewolf Berzerker
  • Taz
    Taz
    ✭✭✭
    I'd very much like to know as well. Hopefully without paying extra, since many of us even pre-ordered the Imp Edition at full price.
    8f7a0866761bd3eff7191acd48b6c21e.png
    Edit: A picture of the promotion for those who haven't seen it.
    Edited by Taz on July 17, 2014 5:14PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a pet I would actually use.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taz wrote: »
    I'd very much like to know as well. Hopefully without paying extra, since many of us even pre-ordered the Imp Edition at full price.
    8f7a0866761bd3eff7191acd48b6c21e.png
    Edit: A picture of the promotion for those who haven't seen it.

Funny I remember Zenimax saying the Imperial edition was running out of copies fast !

:/
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to know.

I dont see why people that bought the same exact thing i did get the dog and i dont.

I understand they want to boost the sales , but i still find this unfair.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • liquid_wolf
    liquid_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    They don't get the pets you already got. Pre order pets and so forth.

By getting it on steam, they get a particular pet... by pre-ordering, and getting a physical copy, others got particular pets.
  • Aortick
    Aortick
    ✭✭✭
    Phantax wrote: »
    Funny I remember Zenimax saying the Imperial edition was running out of copies fast !
    The Physical Copy, Yes.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to know.

I dont see why people that bought the same exact thing i did get the dog and i dont.

I understand they want to boost the sales , but i still find this unfair.

Agreed, the whole point of the Imp edition was it's supposed exclusive contents (physical & digital)

:(
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • Taz
    Taz
    ✭✭✭
    The pre-order pet is separate from the Imperial Edition. They still get ALL the items from the Imperial Edition, PLUS a dog. A dog is a much more beloved and wanted pet than what we've gotten so far.
  • ebondeath
    ebondeath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh. I want one. :(

I would even settle for being able to buy just the dog, which I could see them doing.
    ╔═════════════⌈Alannah Corvaine⌋══════════════╗
    Rise, rise! To freedom, rise! Arise, ye Breton sons and daughters.
    Ride, ride! To freedom, ride! Truth and glory to the brave!
    ╚═════════════⌊VR 12 Breton NB⌉══════════════╝
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like pets.

I'd take a dog if given the opportunity.

Unfortunately, I'm already a purchased and subscribed customer, so I'm not given the opportunity.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait what! For pre ordering the expensive edition I get a crab, weird lookin mini dinosaur and an annoying monkey. NOW they offer an actual realistic and awesome looking pet?

I'm with those above, there should seriously be a way for us to get it also.
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I trade my mudcrab pet for the wolfhound? I might actually use that one, instead of taking a precious inventory slot for the mudcrab.....
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WHAT?!?! Seriously? I beta tested. I bought pre release. And you're saying I can't have a pet dog, which is the only pet I really wanted, because I started playing too early, unless I buy another copy of the game?

If this is true- of all the things- this is the one thing that makes Slurg feel rage.

Slurg seethes.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta say, I'm really not a fan of these special pets. I've bought and paid for my Imperial Edition, why can't I get the wolfhound? Those that bought the regular editon can upgrade to the Imperial Edition for $20 and receive the special mudcrab, and those that didn't preorder can buy the Explorer's Pack for about $2 from third party websites. The only really 'exclusive' thing I have is the imgakin, and I'd gladly trade that/make it available to all players for the wolfhound to be made public.

At very least, make these pets tradeable, so I can just give somebody who bought the IE on Steam 30k for the wolfhound and get it over with.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • forbarcusb16_ESO
    forbarcusb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dammit, why can't they throw this into the Imperial Edition anyway? I don't have it, but I'm planning to upgrade, and I don't want to fork out another wad of money for the sake of a dog
    "I'm guilty of a far more monstrous crime, I'm guilty of being a dwarf."
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    WHAT?!?! Seriously? I beta tested. I bought pre release. And you're saying I can't have a pet dog, which is the only pet I really wanted, because I started playing too early, unless I buy another copy of the game?

If this is true- of all the things- this is the one thing that makes Slurg feel rage.

Slurg seethes.

THIS^^!!

Edited by freespirit on July 17, 2014 5:45PM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • kassandratheclericb14_ESO
    Yeah I want the dog.

I don't think we should get Steam keys or any of that nonsense. But I played beta, pre-ordered the Imperial. Supported this game for several months...I want that damn dog.
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we want doggy!

:rage:
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kieso wrote: »
    we want doggy!

Eewww :p

When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    kieso wrote: »
    we want doggy!

Eewww :p

:flushed:
  • o_0
    o_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that for us who have stayed from the beginning through all of the headaches should be allowed this cosmetic pet. It's the least that ZOS could do for those of us who have been dedicated to ESO.
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far all vanity pets have been tied to specific purchases haven't they? Would be nice if Zos would throw in a few in game ones. I know they are worthless but still a fun option to have around.
    Slurg wrote: »

Slurg seethes.
    It's a real slap in the face to those who have supported the game from the start. Zos has done zero to show any appreciation for current customers and those who helped them make this game.
  • Delith
    Delith
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to fix this for current customers. We adopted the game in it's infancy, and we deserve to play it on Steam if we want to, and to get any benefits the Steam players get for buying the game. This makes no sense. :|
  • Daemyn
    Daemyn
    ✭✭✭
    This is really frustrating...a new pet, pretty unarguably better than any of the current ones, and people who have supported the game from the beginning have NO WAY to get one? I really hope they give this automatically to people who already own an imperial edition, or at the very least offer a way for us to buy one, even though that is kind of kicking their early supporters in the teeth a bit. The best option might be give everyone that already owns the imperial edition Steam keys, so that we can both add it to our steam list and get the dog (my regular key does not seem to do that already). I'm going to hope Zenimax pulls through for us on this one, they definitely have for stuff in the past.
  • kassandratheclericb14_ESO
    Delith wrote: »
    They need to fix this for current customers. We adopted the game in it's infancy, and we deserve to play it on Steam if we want to, and to get any benefits the Steam players get for buying the game. This makes no sense. :|

I don't agree with the Steam key part but yeah, at the very least the dog which I LOVE.
  • HippieTheGreat
    HippieTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    This is a little annoying since I beta tested/preorder the physical imperial edition.

However, didn't they say that vanity pets like dogs and cats were coming soon on the live server for people to get some how? Maybe that will be how we get them, Steam people are just getting them early?
    Edited by HippieTheGreat on July 17, 2014 6:00PM
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should not get the Steam dog just as they should not get what we have. That being said there should be a different breed available to us. Make it a gift to those who have subscribed for 6 months.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pre-ordered the Imperial Edition, and this makes me angry enough to be done with the whole thing.

I suppose it's example 5489550 of gaming companies teaching us that pre-ordering is for morons.
    Edited by Snit on July 17, 2014 6:02PM
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Daemyn
    Daemyn
    ✭✭✭
    theyancey wrote: »
    We should not get the Steam dog just as they should not get what we have. That being said there should be a different breed available to us. Make it a gift to those who have subscribed for 6 months.

Pretty sure other than the explorer's pack pet, there isn't anything we have that they aren't getting. Still comes with the mudcrab, horse, gear, etc. Maybe they aren't getting a second mudcrab...but seriously, who really wanted another one? Also, I'd like steam keys because A. many games that you purchase elsewhere nowadays can be activated on steam, and B. there's trading cards and such for the game. Also having it on steam means future expansions/mounts/pets or whatever they sell will be easier to purchase. As far as I know, there is literally no reason not to offer existing users a Steam key like so many games do now.
    Edited by Daemyn on July 17, 2014 6:05PM
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If ZOS is contractually obligated to only give the wolfhound to new steam customers, I propose the following alternative:

Give those of us who have been with you since the beginning the option to get the tan dog as a customer loyalty bonus.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
This discussion has been closed.