The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Anyone else can't connect to the game? (EU)

• Skulfur
    Skulfur
    ✭✭
    While there is a lot to blame about ESO, a DDoS attack really isn't one of those things. I feel for all of you who had to go in to work today because of all the trouble. Hope you find a good solution and can return to a quiet weekend soon ;)

I was able to log in at 23:30 CET, seems good right now.
    EU Server
    Zerg Squad [Guild]
    AD - Skulfur - Sorcerer - AR50 22.12.2016
    AD - Pidarfur - Nightblade - AR28
    AD - Triggerfur- Templar - AR23
    DC - Zergfur - Sorcerer - AR11
    EP - Maneufur - Sorcerer - AR32
    EP - Smellfur - Nightblade - AR7
    EP - Tobleronefur - Sorcerer - AR23
    I'm really just too lazy to list the other characters.
  • WhatDoesItMatter
    Odd, I was just playing on the PC EU server and all seemed fine. Guess I was just lucky.
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Groomp wrote: »
    Still encountering this problem. It seems that if I try to log-in, it'll block me with an error - either 108, 200, or 201. Also, the announcements will often disappear and reappear:
    UBwJNPk.png

These are the types of errors I'm getting if it helps in any way possible:
    Pj3qOgP.png
    OhZOrpv.png

It was working fine before around four hours ago. It's strange though because my friend who lives in the EU can get on just fine right now. (I live in the US)

Also, I want to add that I'll occasionally be able to get in, but the entire game world will be empty without any NPCs. I'll just be stuck, running around without being able to draw my weapons, attack, etc.

I'm getting this same error on the NA PC Server.
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
  • Diego_Amraphel
    Diego_Amraphel
    Soul Shriven
    EU PC

Been playing for over an hour with no issues.
    Logged out a couple of minutes ago, and was able to log back in without a problem.

Sorry to hear other players are still unable to connect.
    I'm off to sleep, someone take my spot :P
  • MaxB
    MaxB
    everything works just fine!
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    @Selique and @Groomp, are you two still running into error 200 and 201? If so, could you try the troubleshooting steps in this article?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everything seems to be working now. I was getting that error for like 20 minutes. I'm in now though :).
    Hail Sithis..
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Selique wrote: »
    Everything seems to be working now. I was getting that error for like 20 minutes. I'm in now though :).

Great! Thanks for letting us know.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Odd, I was just playing on the PC EU server and all seemed fine. Guess I was just lucky.

me the same, I play now more than 2 hours, without any problem :)

cheers :)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Well, we should be all clear. Again. Let us know if you're still continuing to experience issues!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • doberman8u
    doberman8u
    Soul Shriven
    I have this same problem. I am on NA server
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could log back into the game (EU PC server). :-)

But now I am off to sleep. Have a sweet night everyone. Thanks to everyone at Zenimax for having repaired that.
    Edited by VerboseQuips on 26 December 2015 23:31
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    After about 45 minutes of being able to play, I was kicked off again, and now unable to log back in. I'm getting the same error. On NA PC Server.
    Hail Sithis..
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    201 Error, can't log in. EU server.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • TiberX
    TiberX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same 201 error. Could not retrieve announcements also, repaired the game, added eso as exception to antivirus, restarted pc, its the same.
  • Genomic
    Genomic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDOS seems to be the almost automatic go-to excuse for any company these days having server or connectivity problems. It's a little too convenient. I'm sceptical.
  • Greenwood1900
    Greenwood1900
    ✭✭
    Still having problems.
    Ormesson Stamina NB 2H-Bow
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same issues again (had them last night too). I managed to get into the game at around 10 am local time, played like 5 min, got kicked and "could not retrieve announcements"..Restarted the PC, retried...same .. :((
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    Logged in but 999+, PC EU. It seems nothing works in holiday, Xbox Live, PSN, Steam, ESO, and more.
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    ESO worked perfectly for me yesterday late night but I am now getting Error 200 again this morning. Tried several times but impossible to connect (one reached the "loading character screen"). Can it be linked to the number of people playing during this Xmas weekend ?
    ....Well, it's Sunday, I guess cannot expect everybody to be working 24/7 ;)

ZOS or ESO community please give a shoutout if the situation is solved at some point today!
    Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also getting Error 200 messages.
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016
    He was a skilled Crafter and a reliable Sorcerer;
    Then came the Dark Brotherhood

Wrobel wrote: Surge is now more effective for tank characters.
    Because crit tanks are so good, LOL. xD
  • Diego_Amraphel
    Diego_Amraphel
    Soul Shriven
    Genomic wrote: »
    DDOS seems to be the almost automatic go-to excuse for any company these days having server or connectivity problems. It's a little too convenient. I'm sceptical.

I've seen a lot of these "conspiracy" posts on this thread and decided to ignore them, but I'm truly wondering: do you really think it would be worth the risk for a large company / game developer to lie to their customers regarding these types of issues? Don't you think at least one unsatisfied employee would come clean, eventually? I mean, look, I don't feel like trusting large companies either, in a sense that, yes, they don't always tell the whole story (and can you blame them 100% given the response from the public?!), but covering up server issues, on NA, EU, and perhaps even console by saying it's a DDoS just sounds... Well, tinfoil-hat-worthy...

As if companies never came clean regarding real server issues before...

Some people on this thread seem to have a rather one-dimensional way of thinking. Perhaps look at the bigger picture and beyond your PC monitor...

Edited by Diego_Amraphel on 27 December 2015 10:57
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This morning I got kicked a couple of times with no apparent reason.

And each time being unable to log in again for a couple of minutes.
    EU PC
    Error 301.
    Now got back in.
    Edited by Dubhliam on 27 December 2015 11:52
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got kicked once, just now. logging in again. ok.
  • Tyvarra
    Tyvarra
    ✭✭✭
    performance is still bad. get very big lag spikes. and I'm crashing all 40-50 minutes (have to say I have this problem for over a week now). asked support for help, they just replied with something like "ask in the forums". so I did, but no one seems to be able to help me. now I'm asking here, because that thread is pretty lively. I get no error messages, I just crash back to login screen and that all 40 to 50 minutes. its really annoying.

I tried some things but nothing helped so far:
    - installed eso completely new
    - run a repair
    - changed drivers (because AMD crimson seems to have problems atm)
    - run eso as administrator
    - tried with and without addons

what else is there that I can do? any ideas? would really appreciate any help I can get! thanks guys!
    Edited by Tyvarra on 27 December 2015 12:23
    Please fix the game!
  • cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyvarra wrote: »
    performance is still bad. get very big lag spikes. and I'm crashing all 40-50 minutes (have to say I have this problem for over a week now). asked support for help, they just replied with something like "ask in the forums". so I did, but no one seems to be able to help me. now I'm asking here, because that thread is pretty lively. I get no error messages, I just crash back to login screen and that all 40 to 50 minutes. its really annoying.

I tried some things but nothing helped so far:
    - installed eso completely new
    - run a repair
    - changed drivers (because AMD crimson seems to have problems atm)
    - run eso as administrator
    - tried with and without addons

what else is there that I can do? any ideas? would really appreciate any help I can get! thanks guys!

Sorry, don't know how to help you, can't even enter the game myself. Just getting Error 200 and 201 messages all the time.
    Zenimax really knows how to keep their playerbase happy.....
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016
    He was a skilled Crafter and a reliable Sorcerer;
    Then came the Dark Brotherhood

Wrobel wrote: Surge is now more effective for tank characters.
    Because crit tanks are so good, LOL. xD
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope on NA server also. Have had to re input user name and password one or two times for it to finally let me log in both yesterday 12/26 and today 12/27.
  • Greenwood1900
    Greenwood1900
    ✭✭
    I am having lag spikes since four days now, crashing five minutes after log in.

Are they working on a fix or they just dont care anymore? Looks like we are a minority with problems now.

Should I just leave the game that I have been playing for 1+ year and forget that any of this happened?
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are they working on a fix or they just dont care anymore? Looks like we are a minority with problems now.

Should I just leave the game that I have been playing for 1+ year and forget that any of this happened?

You do realize that ESO is experiencing a huge influx of new players because of Christmas, right? Also the fact that many people are off of work this week because of the holiday, so obviously there are going to be an increase in lag and other issues... which will be resolved on its own when people's schedules normalize again.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Greenwood1900
    Greenwood1900
    ✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

You do realize that ESO is experiencing a huge influx of new players because of Christmas, right? Also the fact that many people are off of work this week because of the holiday, so obviously there are going to be an increase in lag and other issues... which will be resolved on its own when people's schedules normalize again.

The last message of the devs says that "we are all clear now", so I think that everyone having problems should talk about them or the devs will never know.

I dont realize anything and I dont care for fanboys responses. They never talked about new players influx but rather a DoS attack. Dont know from where did you take the influx thing.

I have to work until 31st afternoon, like the majority of pepole on the world. I think that they should, as a company, find a way to fix this. Or at least they should say that this "will be resolved when people's schedules normalize again", something that you are assuming and could be incorrect too.