Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Issue with launcher (error 210) [SOLVED!]

broer
broer
✭✭
I updated the game yesterday and now my launcher is broken. I open launcher and after a few minutes it says update. I press that and i get error 210....
Edited by broer on 11 October 2014 13:01
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @broer,

We have a knowledge base article that addresses the 210 error right here:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22414/

Please run the steps in this article and let us know if it helps. If not, we'd be happy to continue working with you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • broer
    broer
    ✭✭
    Hi, the article does not help. I still have the issue
  • broer
    broer
    ✭✭
    Also the link the article is broken
  • Kosar
    Kosar
    ✭✭✭
    i got the same thing going on right now. nothing in that link helps. even from desktop to launcher being functional takes like 5 mins to load, then i get no option to play or repair...then the 210 error pops.

and yes, the link to the manual patch is broken in that link.

after deleting the ProgramData files it now will not reach the functional launch dashboard screen whatsoever...just cycles though the pictures with no top menu or news links at all...

• ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @broer,

We went ahead and created a support ticket for you for this issue. A support representative will be with you via email shortly. Thanks for your patience!

We checked the link and it seems to be working from our end, but just in case anyone else experiences the same issues, we'll post the content in a spoiler below.
    This error occurs when the launcher cannot download a patch manifest file from our servers.

Players can try downloading the file at this link using their web browser:
    http://launcher.bethesda.net/Bethesda.net_Launcher/Bethesda.net_Launcher.patchmanifest

Once downloaded the file should be placed in the ProgramData folder of the launcher directory (by default, C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\ProgramData).

If they are able to download from the link above and still receive this error, or if they are not able to resolve the links above, but can access other internet sites, impacted players should contact customer support.

If the problem persists, players should attempt the following manipulations in this order:

Running as Administrator

1. Right click on the launcher icon.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Click on the Compatibility Tab.
    4. Check the box that says Run as Administrator.
    5. Click Apply, then Ok.
    6. Try to run the the client.

Repair the game client

1. Click here for instructions on how to repair the game client.
    2. Restart the computer after running the "repair."
    3. Try to run the the client.

Deleting the program data

1. Navigate to the patch installation folder (by Default located at C:\Program Files (x86)ZenimaxOnline\Launcher).
    2. Locate and delete the ProgramData folder.
    3. Restart the Launcher.
    4. The Launcher should now display "Creating Download." This is normal as the launcher begins the regeneration process. It can take anywhere between 21-30% before the launcher switches to "Downloading Game Files."
    5. Try to run the client.

If the issue remains, customers should contact Customer Support for further assistance.

EDIT: Word tense. Clearly more caffeine is needed.
    Edited by ZOS_GaryA on 9 October 2014 16:07
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • broer
    broer
    ✭✭
    FYI, when i by pass the launcher the game works fine
  • Kosar
    Kosar
    ✭✭✭
    ugh..bypassed launcher, but now it says client out of date...which it might be, i haven't been on in 3 days.

launcher repair button finall showed up after 20 mins of leaving launcher up, but the repair can't connect to anything either.
    Edited by Kosar on 9 October 2014 16:16
  • broer
    broer
    ✭✭
    launch ESO in program files(x86)/zenimaxonline/theelderscrollsonlineeu/game/client
    Edited by broer on 9 October 2014 16:15
  • Kosar
    Kosar
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GaryA‌

come on help me out man...

here's the report errors from the Game Consultant:

MoveFile(C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\ProgramData\Host.dc170dba81ddf1d6d35f51b7e692cc50f4a4ccba\ba64b60aadecb38544f285f42442ba51ec7099bd.patchmanifest.partial, C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\ProgramData\Host.dc170dba81ddf1d6d35f51b7e692cc50f4a4ccba\ba64b60aadecb38544f285f42442ba51ec7099bd.patchmanifest) source does not exist

and

http://127.0.0.1:52626/applications.js (1023): ---- Error Thrown: PatchManifestError_DownloadFail ----

and

WebGet timeout on socket IO for request 'http://launcher.bethesda.net/ESO/depot.patchmanifest' (15.0:1) -- requesting retry

there about 2-3 dozen of each of these errors repeatedly written at the end of the report.
  • Kosar
    Kosar
    ✭✭✭
    and as stated above, the legit repair does not work because it will not connect, the launcher is taking 5-10 mins to load anything it can load (which isn't much), error 210 happens repeatedly if i just leave launcher open, deleting files does nothing but make the load times longer and does not correct the problem.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there folks,

Please try deleting the programdata folder in the ESO installation folder and let us know if it helps. Here are the steps to do that:

1. Navigate to the patch installation folder (by Default located at C:\Program Files (x86)ZenimaxOnline\Launcher).
    2. Locate and delete the ProgramData folder.
    3. Restart the Launcher.
    4. The Launcher should now display "Creating Download." This is normal as the launcher begins the regeneration process. It can take anywhere between 21-30% before the launcher switches to "Downloading Game Files."
    5. Try to run the client.
    Staff Post
  • broer
    broer
    ✭✭
    FYI, the laucher does not load after i done this. It stays blanc!
  • Kosar
    Kosar
    ✭✭✭
    yeah i moved all my info to here...

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/135204/launcher-does-nothing-cant-play-update-repair?new=1

stated a couple times deleting those files only makes the launcher slower to fail, not correct itself...
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @effinshiddy,

If that isn't working, you can try reinstalling the launcher to resolve the issue.

To do this, head to the installation folder for ESO. By default, this is C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online. If it is not in the default location, make a note of where the installation folder is. This will be important later!

In the Zenimax Online folder, there will be a folder called Launcher. Right click on this folder, select Rename, and name the folder Launcher.old. This will ensure that the files are still there, but will allow a reinstall to work correctly.

Once the folder is renamed, head to https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/ and log in with your game credentials. Select Download Game on the right to download the Install_ESO.exe file. When the file finishes downloading, launch it.

This is where the installation location becomes important. The installer will ask for an installation location. You'll want to use the Zenimax Online folder that already exists. If it's in the default location, you won't need to change anything. If you chose a custom location, you'll want to make sure that you change it in the installer.

This will only install the game's launcher. When the installation completes, a new Launcher folder should populate. Try running the Bethesda.net launcher from this location and let us know if it helps.

If so, you may delete the Launcher.old folder and you can continue to access the game from the new launcher. If it doesn't work, keep the files and let us know what happens when you open the new launcher.

Thanks for your patience!
    Staff Post
  • Kosar
    Kosar
    ✭✭✭
    yup[...tried that...clean install and everything and once it goes to "Install" it errors out and cannot find the patch manifest site/server/whatever its called... goes right back to being unusable and trying/failing to update with the error 210 popping up every 5 mins or so.
    We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @effinshiddy‌,

Since that's the case, it seems a bit more information may be needed in order to determine the issue. We have opened up a ticket with our customer support department for you so they can assist you further. They will be in contact with you via email shortly. Thanks for your patience!
    Staff Post
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I ran into this issue as well. I've never encountered this before and I ran through all the described steps. The latest one I've attempted was to redownload the installer and have it restore but it's merely cycling through images and stuck at Loading...

Repair did not help it just did the same thing where the bar would be stuck at blue and full and then would go back to "Unable to retrieve patch manifest".
  • broer
    broer
    ✭✭
    I tried the steps also no success.....
  • broer
    broer
    ✭✭
    It is a launcher issue, because if i bypass the launcher I can login the game....
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue and have spent all day trying to figure it out. I've even gone and uninstalled ESO in an attempt to fix it with no luck. Port Forwarding also did nothing.

Furthermore the link being provided times out whether one uses it on the support page, or on the spoiler provided above. I've tried it on two machines now and neither of them can access that link.

It's worth noting the game was working fine as of 10AM CST. Then I suddenly became unable to use doors, or swap weapons and logged out to fix it. That is when the launcher began giving me issues with error messages, and then refusing to initialize at all.

EDIT: I uninstalled ESO an reinstalled the launcher, and it's stuck at the LOADING..... bit and not going past that now.
    Edited by Telel on 9 October 2014 20:14
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Kaladorn
    Kaladorn
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same problems as the people above. Did a new install of the launcher didnt fix it keeps hanging at the loading screen from the launcher
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I played ESO with no problems until roughly 4am central after I think a 8 hour pvp binge. I woke up around 1pm and this issue became known to me. Was there a hotfix put out or is it just something that crops up in the launcher app from time to time?

Also the ESO game consultant just spat out a bunch of stuff I couldn't make sense of when I tried running it. Should we start attaching those files here?
  • ShadoPanauin
    ShadoPanauin
    ✭✭✭
    Same problems for me. Possibly a broken hotfix?
    R.I.P. Million Reasons to Bomb, he triggered ZOS

Characters:
    Million Reasons to Rename - AD Magicka Nightblade
    Lúcio C - AD Stamina Sorcerer
    slaughterfishlivesmatter - AD Stamina Nightblade
    Million Reasons to Rake - DC Stamina Sorcerer
    Shadopandauin - EP Magicka DK
    Million Reasons to Lag - EP Magicka Sorcerer
  • ShadoPanauin
    ShadoPanauin
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GaryA

Was a hotfix done last night? I could log in perfectly fine when I logged off at 9:00 PM EST.
    Edited by ShadoPanauin on 9 October 2014 22:43
    R.I.P. Million Reasons to Bomb, he triggered ZOS

Characters:
    Million Reasons to Rename - AD Magicka Nightblade
    Lúcio C - AD Stamina Sorcerer
    slaughterfishlivesmatter - AD Stamina Nightblade
    Million Reasons to Rake - DC Stamina Sorcerer
    Shadopandauin - EP Magicka DK
    Million Reasons to Lag - EP Magicka Sorcerer
  • Kosar
    Kosar
    ✭✭✭
    i waited on hold for 3 hours to get through customer service and they never answered. i haven't recieved an email as Gary said i would, which isn't surprising since once again a huge number of us are locked out and can't play and no one knows why.

no offense to GaryA, but getting the same answers like 9 times before being told to open a tech ticket is utterly frustrating...especially since this has been the exact procedure since early release access with every issue like this.

this isn't even the 1st time i've been locked out... the last time it was "wait until the next update"... which wound up costing me 12 total days of play time which was never compensated. i'm assuming that's going to be the answer here so we're doing what exactly... waiting until monday at the earliest to play again?

that's nonsense.

this is exactly what everyone has complained about since day one. no communication. we kept getting told to do what the faq says but the faq is wrong, so we get no assurance about anything. we don't get told by anyone working on the problem what they are doing to fix it. we get people who repeat the faq at us and electronically shrug and say things like "on our side it's fine so it's not us"... which seems to be an indication that no one is working on it... which it's fine, you can say they are, but don't have someone say "it's not server side" when it clearly is.
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can open the game client directly from your folder. It's just the launcher that's borked. I'm currently playing okay in Cyro.
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I now have this too. Had no issue when I logged off last night (Australian time) and now, I'm stuck with this issue. I've been lucky since early access and never had this happen, and boom, today it now has this stupid issue. Seriously, something must have been done if a bunch of us suddenly have this issue out of no where. Also, none of the above things worked to fix it.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Absynthe
    Absynthe
    ✭✭
    I patched the game recently, but today the launcher gives an error (after taking forever to load) to the effect that it can't download the patcher manifest.

However, I can load the game directly (eso.exe).
    Leonine Tigeress
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absynthe wrote: »
    I patched the game recently, but today the launcher gives an error (after taking forever to load) to the effect that it can't download the patcher manifest.

However, I can load the game directly (eso.exe).

Exactly my issue, the launcher took forever to load, got stuck with that error, cant manually patch, cant repair. So I gave up and launched directly from the .exe also.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Kosar
    Kosar
    ✭✭✭
    i took the last 3 days off, so the work around direct-launch does not work because my client is not up to date...

but seriously, there is ZERO reason we should even have to have a work around to LAUNCH the game.

lines are drawn.